-
Posts
7,901 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Wayne Gray
-
Okay, this is kinda awesome. It obliquely kisses both Petrichor and Vellichor. Not sure if that was intentional, but it's cool regardless.
-
Hahaha. Hey, I write what I know. 😉 Yes, now we all know they both want it. Two men, knowing they want each other, yet one displays considerable reticence. Weird! 🧐
- 38 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
Over the next few days, the weather slowly warmed, and it was above freezing during the day. Nights were a different matter. They were well below freezing, clear and cold, and dipped down to 24 degrees Fahrenheit at one point. This had the effect of melting most of the snow during the day, only to freeze it at night. During daytime hours the ground was a slick mess of water and ice. So too were the roads. Corbin only woke up once to an utterly dead fire. That same day he let the fire die, he
- 31 comments
-
- 118
-
-
-
-
-
-
Another one I love. http://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/23536922667/sonder
-
That’s awesome! 😊
-
This thread is devoted to underused words. I really want to see someone else use Petrichor in a story! Go ahead, share your own favorite gems. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrichor EDIT: The list thus far ... Petrichor - https://www.dictionary.com/browse/petrichor Vellichor - http://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/57250260260/vellichor Biblichor - https://lawhimsy.com/2017/09/13/word-nerd-biblichor/ Juxtaposed - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/juxtaposed Limerence - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence Nefarious - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nefarious Lamentable - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lamentable Defenestration - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/defenestration Quintessence - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quintessence Petulant - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/petulant
-
I don't have the best grasp of the mechanics of writing. I am sure I give my poor retired school-teacher editor fits (it'd be worse without Grammarly). Yet, I still feel my work has merit. Emotion and its description is something I love to do. I love making a reader laugh, cry, or shake their head in frustration at a character. Best, is when they empathize with the poor choice the character just made. The reader gets why the decision happened because they're on the same emotional journey, but objectively, they also know it was the wrong one. Characters with flaws, weaknesses, defects, and pain are beautiful gems that roll in sunlight and throw bits of chaos and color everywhere. My favorite character I've written was a brutal man who ended up guarding a boy on the autistic spectrum. He was prickly, dark, socially inept, but he had a soft spot for his charge. I never received more email than when he finally met the man who tore down the walls around his heart. How many times can you write lines like "... and he fell to sleep on the chest of the most dangerous man in the state..."? In the end, I know why I write. It's not about me. It's all about the reader, and that they're giving me the gift of their time. My job is not to waste it.
-
Thank you! Go to bed! 🙂
- 54 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
I've been on a folk/indie kick for a while. Like, uh, years.
-
That's surprising. I mean, you like big, strong, capable, attentive, sexy, bearded, tall men? Huh. Who would have thought? 😋 Thanks for reading. There's more to come, so stick with me!
- 38 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Thanks, @Reader1810 . Nice to meet you as well. -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Are you listening to Gaelic Storm, perchance? LOL. -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Okay ... now I REALLY have to edit chapter five. -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Cool. 🙂 I hope you enjoy it. It's the only Mystery/Suspense I have ever written. The mystery part was kind of by accident. 😳 -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Now you're doing it on purpose! 😋 -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Noooo ... LOWER expectations! Lower them! Then any surprise is a happy one! -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
It will just force me to use my self-discipline. I hope you enjoy my work. Thank Tim for me, please. I appreciate the plug. -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
OMG, I'm supposed to be writing and editing. This thread is a delicious timesink. -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Or Instant Pots? -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Good gravy, it is a good thing I've eaten! -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
It's pretty easy and rewarding. Follow this advice, impress guests. They never need to know how easy it was. -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Many thanks for the fine welcome. I appreciate the venue to learn. -
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Shephard's Pie for us. Simple, good, easy. Thinking about an Instant Pot myself. -
So many questions! You'll have to return for our next episode of, As Hailey Turns for the answers! I'm glad you're curious. 🙂
- 38 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
Thank you. I hope you continue to enjoy it. 🙂
- 38 comments
-
- 13
-
-
