Jump to content

Doha

Members
  • Posts

    5,216
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Doha

  1. Doha

    Song and Sex

    @camerio1 that is a lovely story and you’ve had many years together. What a privilege.
  2. Things are looking up for Alex and the dinner think is becoming a regular part of his life. As others have said, I’m hopeful that this re-imagined Werther will be a hit and the making of Alex.
  3. As @Daddydavek has said, friends who help with a move are definitely keepers. Offers to help move are offers we make hoping like hell that the offer is politely declined. Neil is therefore a keeper, with a nice bum.
  4. Doha

    Uncle Edwin

    Uncle Eddie really is a Dickensian character. Maudie fits right into this colourful cast. Loving it!
  5. Uncle Edwin sounds like a Dickensian character. Meeting him will be interesting, although meeting up with Neil again will be far more up my alley I suspect.
  6. What an intriguing start. Reckon I’m going to enjoy this! Neil sounds perfect 😝
  7. I really liked the longer chapter. I was delighted when I saw the word count. Lay here on my bed and read. Was great. I am delighted that August was able to fool his dad and hope that the story holds. What an opportunity for Fletcher and him. As for Rob, well he might have a second family to contend with and a pretty young wife can play havoc on an older husband’s will.
  8. Wow, this is convoluted. Jack, Vince and Theo are all in separate journeys of discovery while Whiteflame fights for its life - which is going to be a battle lost. The good news, however, is that there is a small window of opportunity for the pack to fight back - a piece of information that is both new and valuable. What exactly it is we do not yet know, but between our 3 guys, I’m sure it will be figured out . Perhaps with the help of a fairy wolf. A friendly tree and a wandering skeleton.
  9. Doha

    What Horses Know

    That was a great chapter. Informative, cheerful and revealing. Ash and Taggert are a good team and Taggert can sense what life around Ash could be like. I’m sure we will learn more about who Taggert is, how he came to be a “refugee” at the Nasser ranch and what treatment he has been subjected to at home. In the meantime our two guys become closer and that trust that Missy has given Taggert, he is now starting to pass on to Ash.
  10. A Wolf’s Skin is a well-told blend of history and fiction, though it is uncertain which part is the stranger! A great read to consume a quiet hour on a Sunday morning.
      • 1
      • Love
  11. A well-told blend of history and fiction. Which is stranger though, is a toss up.
  12. A great start! As others have said, this could go anywhere! Labourant is certainly appealing! 😜
  13. Doha

    Endings

    Endings is a story that reflects all of life’s emotions and turmoils. Hank and Chase go to hell and back in their relationship and we take the journey with them, with all of its rollercoasting highs and lows. A wonderfully written story that deserves a read and a re-read, Endings had me laughing, crying and hoping in equal measure. Another success story from Headstall.
      • 2
      • Love
  14. Well that was a rollercoaster for sure but I loved every chapter. I’m so glad these two saw there way back to each other and that there is a loving mother, father and friends all around, not to forget Rex. Thank you for this love story Gary.
  15. As ugly as that final encounter was, I think it was important for Chase to go back to Endings and perhaps also for Hank to see him cast the idiot aside. At least, I hope shank saw that. As for Hank being at Endings in the first place, good move!
  16. Doha

    Chapter 17 Lilah

    What an emotionally fraught chapter, but a good one. Chase and Hank still lean on each other. It sounds like Lilah was correct about Will. What a dreadful life for them both and poor young Hank getting it all wrong Hank has a habit of jumping to conclusions, which I hope he will now begin to rethink.
  17. These two really do need a heart to heart. They both have a lot to forgive and get over.
  18. What a cheerful chapter that was and big of Hank to make amends quietly, without fanfare. This does open the road to healing for them both and as @raven1 has said, it might be that they can move on or that they can leave an unequal failed relationship to begin a new wholesome one together. Let’s see which way the cookie crumbles.
  19. Doha

    Chapter 14 Amarok

    Gary this was amazing. I loved the detour to Whitehorse. Childhood loves that turn into adult love stories at so precious. I’ve known one or two in my life time and I look on with unadulterated envy and pleasure for the couple. Dawson and Brent were made for one another. I loved this. And I love Amarok Motel!
  20. A great chapter with Dawson following his heart and Chase holding himself together, with just a little bit of help from dad and Stacey. He is becoming independent and strong. 💪🏼
  21. Doha

    Chapter 12 Soaring

    This is a very positive chapter. Dawson is taking a leap of faith and I support this. He is young enough to re-establish a career if it doesn’t work. Chase is able to contemplate a meaningful life without Hank, which is exactly what he would need, to have a meaningful relationship that is not one of dependency. Now if he and Hank do get back together it is as equals.
  22. Doha

    Chapter 12 Soaring

    Agreed. I’m not so anti-Hank that I hope he is gone. I would still rather that Chase and Hank rekindle what they had and stupidly lost. Those long term relationships, of whatever nature, are immensely valuable.
  23. Doha

    Aftermath

    Taggert tries to reign his feelings back in to secure the borders it fou like, but Ash is there, always there lurking on the edge of his mind. They battled to sleep but both took care of each other despite the exhaustion. They have so much to share and despite the danger I’m hopeful that they will take that step of faith in each other. Let’s see!
  24. Well each of our trio is facing their own challenge, but we still are not certain what the outcome will be and to what extent they can learn from the past to influence the future. Wishing them physical and mental strength!
  25. Doha

    The Lee Shore

    Hey @PrivateTim, good thoughts. My mother used to quote the “do or die” approach to my brother and me when we were kids. The role of purser was naturally attractive for crooks, and this hasn’t changed in modern business either. Whoever controls the money has the potential to become illicitly wealthy. Indeed, the fictional Granger is a progressive and clearly his views are in part a reflection of more current thinking. Although not unheard of, for the time, his approach would have been quite unusual, but I think Granger finds the balance between ensuring the wellbeing of his men, having their full support and issuing dictatorial orders, when needed, which are closely followed.
×
×
  • Create New...