Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,359
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. I admire Grandpa's curiosity and determination; he will need the latter to navigate his way through any kind of relationship he may form. Findings some like-minded friends with similar interests would be a good way to start. I also think he needs to reveal his true-self to Alan and Mason, particularly if he meets someone and decides to "entertain" at home.
  2. There is an 11.50 12" mix of I Eat Cannibals online which is spectacular (audio only).
  3. Spit in her face or tell her what a lousy mother she was. I don't think either would upset her though as she would likely see it as a reflection of Ludo's "poor parenting " skills and being a "faggot".
  4. Love it @Ticklishboy30. The Dancing Pectorals sounds like a great name for an 80's pop band, and boy those pecs should did dance. I had to laugh at the fire eater, I kept thinking he better not get too close to the band, especially the girls, as they looked to have so much hairspray in their hair it would ignite. The "blonde one" whom I thought you thought cute changed his hair colour for this appearance, although they all wore the same outfits as in the "official video" for the song. I really do quite like the song, very catchy. It reminds me a little of Toto Coelo who had a couple of hits in the UK and Australia in the early 80's, but nothing in the USA.
  5. Maravilloso, esplendido @Gary L. A very impressive debut, one which had me running the gauntlet of emotions, running amok. Laughing, angry, fascinated and weeping, sometimes more than one emotion at the same time. "A thousand kilometres north-west, Consuela Orts i Roig sang out the Ave Maria as gustily as ever, proud of her leading position in the Midnight Procession. Suddenly her candle blew out." I almost peed myself laughing at this, her candle blowing out and then she dropped dead. Such dramatic imagery, such poetic justice. What a miserable old "carcass" (LOL @Tony R). I of course loved the inclusion of Greta as a vital member of the cast. For one brief horrible moment I thought maybe one of the eagles was going to sweep down and snatch her up, but fortunately this did not happen. I could not hurt one (I would be too frightened to even try), but I really do not like birds of prey at all, whether they be eagles, falcons, owls or any other. What a year for you @Gary L. First of all retirement, then moving across the Channel to a new homeland, then fatherhood and now the publishing of your first story on GA. What is next on your bucket list? Are you in the running to be cast as the next James Bond, modelling in posing pouches for Iverson's, a business partnership with Russ Kahn, your own reality TV show or a career in pop music as a member of a boy-band from Valencia? I hope to at least see more stories written by you on GA now that you have lost your "literary virginity", particularly if they are of the same calibre as this one.
  6. A great deal of amusement in this chapter @Ticklishboy30, much of it courtesy of Leland, Roland, Stella and Kris. I found this comment about Father Time particularly funny "Thank the winter sprites that he's over that hip-hop, rap phase," Kris said. "I got so tired of calling him Funk Master Daddy Time." This chapter had a "fairytale" feel to it @Ticklishboy30, quite possibly because Nicholas and Reilly have now left Planet Earth (fabulous song by Duran Duran, one which they have never bettered IMHO) and gone to the North Pole (12" mix by Funk Master Daddy Time featuring Jack Frost, Stella Clause and The Nipple Erectors). And what better song to "portray" the fairytale quality of the North Pole than a song by the 80's version of the Brotherhood Of Man, Bucks Fizz (and the blonde one looks "mighty fine" in this video, a great outfit, very 80's @Ticklishboy30).
  7. The head, Mrs Winston, another of your interesting and well drawn minor characters @Robert Hugill. And I just adored Reggie, this description of his character very appealing "They chatted further but the conversation had run its course. Reggie stood up and gave Ludo a superior stare and then they were gone." Do either of your puppies give you a superior stare @Gary L? Mrs Winston's concern for Damian was genuine and she offered some very helpful and sensible suggestions to Ludo to help Damian get his "bounce" back. She showed far more interest in and concern for Damian than his bitch of a mother ever has. I got the impression Mrs Winston has far less sympathy and patience with Jackie than what Ludo continues to maintain. I am hoping that if and when the time comes for Damian to visit Jackie in prison she refuses to see him. This would hopefully send a message loud and clear not only to Damian, but also to Ludo, what a thoroughly deceitful and despicable bitch she is. I fear you may be right @Gary L. Arthur's idea of a party is a good one if both Adam and Damian are agreeable to it. Having Graham and Edwin stay might be a good thing too, all of which might help Damian. Ultimately though a therapist might be needed. Damian appears to be quite like Ludo in that he bottles his feelings up, perhaps if he screamed like a banshee and called his mother all sorts of crude and disparaging names, none of which he should be admonished for, he might get some "relief".
  8. Summerabbacat

    Making Plans

    I knew nothing about Mr Blobby @Ticklishboy30. I had read on a number of occasions it was voted the worst #1 song in UK history. The Brits have a reputation (at least in Australia) for liking novelty songs and embracing the absurd. I don't know why, but when I read this chapter I suddenly thought of Mr Blobby. When I found the song and was now aware of what Mr Blobby was, I thought it would make a perfect diversion for all the adults and children mentioned in this chapter. I am so not a morning person so would struggle to remain patient and sane in a household which embraces "morning joy". If they were too excitable I could play them this song by American/Australian singer, Joe Dolce, which peaked a #1 in Australia for 8 weeks in 1980/1981.
  9. Peter has just landed his dream job and has a woman who is smitten with him without being suffocating, both of which appear to please him no end. @Lee Wilson has assured us nothing bad happens to Peter physically, which may mean he is in for a tough time emotionally and/or mentally as life is rarely smooth sailing in WilsonWorld, much as it is in the "real world".
  10. The possibility of Reilly becoming the next Santa was a great surprise to me too @VBlew.
  11. Geoff is far more confident in embracing his renewed interest in his own sex than I anticipated he would be. He was not at all reticent in talking to Jason in the restaurant and then accepting the invitation to go for a walk through the Boston Common. I wonder if a chance encounter with Jason may turn into a friendship with Jason and Chris. I am liking the pacing of this story; relaxed and unhurried.
  12. A very revealing chapter @Ticklishboy30, with my favourite revelation being Nicky can converse with non-human animals. What a wonderful gift to be blessed with. A gift acknowledged with with and charm by Sammy Davis Jr in the attached clip.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    I too am quite certain Grayson's mother is aware something is amiss, that something untoward has happened which Grayson is not yet comfortable disclosing. Our limited exposure to her thus far has not given us much information about her, but she seems to be caring, without being intrusive or demanding. She reminds me of Danny's mother (from The Seventeenth Summer for any not familiar with her) and for this reason alone I think Grayson is very fortunate. I think she is a much better option for Grayson to discuss with what has happened to him than his father appears to be. Mike's telephone messages suggest to me too he may not be fully aware of the extent of Shane's rapacious behaviour. This is consistent with comments made by @pvtguy that Mike may have been drugged by Shane. There is the possibility we are both totally wrong @pvtguy, Mike may be just as sleazy and predatory as Shane and just trying to cover his own arse, fearing some kind of reprisal from Grayson, which may cause him to lose his job, or worse still, be investigated by the police. Grayson's #1 priority should be having himself tested for an STI he may have acquired from Shane and/or Mike. I imagine interactions with Mike at work are going to be awkward at best. Your usual quality writing @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  14. Summerabbacat

    Making Plans

    "Rocky!" "Janet!" "Brad!" "Dr. Scott!" Perfect @Ticklishboy30, just perfect. Or should I say, Von Ticklishboy30. So much happiness, joy and frivolity before, during and after breakfast. I for one could not cope with this at all. I think they need to be shown the video for the UK's 1993 Christmas # single, Mr Blobby by Mr Blobby. What do you think @chris191070? It is absolute shite, but very funny shite. This might settle them down.
  15. Save Your Kisses For Me reminds me of Dean Martin's Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane, which is far more amusing, probably because Dean sang it in his usual laconic style. I really hated Save Your Kisses For Me when it was a hit in 1976, primarily because people kept comparing them to ABBA, and that was just not on as far as I was concerned. The song was a minor hit in the USA where it peaked at #27. The video is awful. There is a Top Of The Pops performance but it is a horrible video too.
  16. I don't think I knew you were over 40, or if I did I have forgotten. I do not underestimate diabetes. As I have stated elsewhere, my first cat had diabetes for most of his life. When diagnosed my vet at the time said he would likely only live for 2 years on insulin and he lived for 10 years. Twice daily injections and regular monitoring of his glucose levels (pee testing with dipsticks). He was a magnificent cat. I have type 2 diabetes which I control with diet and exercise. I find the biggest difficulty challenge to it is stress. I do not handle stress well and stress over stupid things.
  17. LOL. This is the video I was referring to @chris191070. It's truly awful. Way too cutesy. I hated the song as a teenager as they were often compared to ABBA, which I thought was a travesty as ABBA were mega-talented. BOH were the 70's Bucks Fizz, whom I did not like as a teen, but do like now. I would never buy any of either groups albums, but like quite a few of their singles.
  18. Readers are advised to have a healthy amount of insulin available while reading this chapter. Specifically readers who are over 40. What's with this "warning" @Ticklishboy30? Rude (LOL). All the talk about the 'Brotherhood', kisses and tickles had Save Your Kisses For Me by the Brotherhood Of Man continuing to plunder my mind AGAIN with its "catchiness". I don't mind the song, but the video is just excruciating. You may remember this one @chris191070. If your profile name includes your "real" date of birth you were 5 going on for 6 years of age at the time. The song was the biggest hit of the year in the UK in 1976 whereas in Australia it peaked at #5, in a year dominated by ABBA (5 songs in the top 20 selling songs of the year, including Fernando at #1, Dancing Queen at #3 and Money, Money, Money at #7). The video for Save Your Kisses For Me would almost certainly induce hyperglycaemia in some readers @Ticklishboy30, so another good reason for me not to post it. The interaction between Mickey and Airey was delightful; the interaction between Matty and Aiden was 🔥🔥🔥.
  19. My glucose levels shot up from 5.2 to 24.7 after reading that chapter @Ticklishboy30. Luckily I had Fantabulous Frida and Mischievous Missy to quickly intervene and restore them to normal. I think Mischievous Missy would have fun with Mickey and Airey, but Fantabulous Frida would find them tiresome and not worth the effort. One good solid hiss and they would be sorted, whereas Mischievous Missy would be all in for the tickles and any subsequent games of hide and seek or something similar. She also loves kisses, although her "cat breath" kisses are an acquired "taste". I am surprised @VBlew there is not one amongst the family who is a morning grump. Their morning frivolity would certainly not be encouraged in my home by me or my "housemates". Frida in particular, with one look, could silence them until she was ready to be waited upon and worshipped. If her claws had to be extended or a paw swipe occasioned, the recipient would know they were still alive.
  20. I was not sure if that was Angela Lansbury or you, DollyRebaDottie Ticklish, on the cover. If it was you, you were obviously heavily made up to age you significantly for the part. After closer examination and consulting with Dr Google, I determined it was in fact Madame Lansbury. I confess to never having heard of this musical, but after reading about it, it may be something I would enjoy. The premise of the story certainly appeals.
  21. The ever expanding family is reminiscent of the Vanderbilt, Rockerfeller, Rothschild or Kardashian-Jenner families. I just hope for their sake they have more in common with some of these families than others. An interesting concept was mentioned in this chapter @Ticklishboy30. The concept of laughter having the power to slow down or even reverse the ageing process. If it were true I am sure it would be far healthier for the body than botox, dermal fillers and all the other unnatural or dangerous chemicals ingested or injected by many into their bodies.
  22. Alliteration extraordinaire @Paladin. A simply sizzling sequence similar sounds sir.
  23. My mind does tend to wander a little @Ticklishboy30. So much in life for me springs a song to mind, it may be a word, a phrase, a circumstance or a memory. I often remember profound events in my life relevant to music of the time or something I had been listening to e.g. when my first cat passed away in March 2007 from multiple issues related to diabetes (he had been diabetic for 10 of his 14.5 years of life) I had recently purchased a double CD of greatest hits by Doris Day (whom I adore). Whenever I play that album it is with some degree of sadness and melancholy, but also with a sense of celebration, a celebration of what a wonderful boy he was.
  24. Like @chris191070, I just loved the names for the various townspeople, especially Sable Elfington. I immediately had an image of Stephanie Beacham who played Sable Colby in the dreadful Dynasty spin-off The Colbys. Saibline, the Sorceress of Ice Mountain, has awakened and will likely wreak havoc at the North Pole. Is this another catastrophe resulting from climate change @Ticklishboy30? I am going to speculate it will take intervention from Reilly, a human, to quell or eliminate Saibline and the threat she poses to the inhabitants of the North Pole. Given Kristofer has embraced modern technology, I am going to believe his red fur coat is made from faux fur and his leather heated chair is made from pineapple leather. I have an image of him as an environmental warrior, after all he travels by sled, which is largely propelled by fuel made from recycled Christmas wrapping and left over mince pies, fruit cake, lemonade and beer left out for Santa by the human population of Planet Earth. A delightful chapter @Ticklishboy30, concluded with a woman's eyes blinking for the first time in centuries. Hell hath no fury like a Sorceress scorned. Could this impending event be what the Purple One was singing about in 2006?
  25. I tret myself @Robert Hugill and @Gary L and read this chapter and this comment again to get another dose of chary and the joy of this chapter. Clearly I did not absorb this comment as reading it now I observe you are currently "sketching" book 5 in the Parborough Chronicles Robert. What joy, many more months of Hugillisms and time to spend in the Hugillverse. Speaking of Hugillisms, I have set up a Word document for keeping track of these Hugillisms. No more worriting I might forget one of them as now they are bandbox tidy, all in the one document. Lawks, how do you keep up with them Robert? Anyroad, I must away as it is "Nigella Lawson" day today, where I must pretend to be a domestic goddess, cleaning, vacuuming, washing and all the other chores which accumulate very quickly, especially when one shares one's home with multiple fur shedding goddesses of the feline kind.
×
×
  • Create New...