Jump to content

Ronyx

Classic Author
  • Posts

    1,898
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ronyx

  1. Ronyx

    Chapter 13

    Thanks, Parker. Zac faced reality, and he came out a winner. I have a tee shirt that says 'Life is Good.' Maybe Zac would like to borrow it.
  2. Ronyx

    Chapter 13

    I think, Graeme, that most of us reach a turning point in our lives at some time, and we usually feel proud of ourselves with the outcome. Zac had such a moment.
  3. Ronyx

    Chapter 13

    Adrian has a lot of issues, Puppilull. Zac, on the other hand, is coming to terms with things. Let's hope his teammates join him.
  4. Ronyx

    Chapter 13

    Nice, Mike. I remember singing that too when I was younger.
  5. Ronyx

    Chapter 13

    This wasn't the final chapter, Karl. This was about the halfway point in the story. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
  6. Ronyx

    Chapter 13

    Dad, Jimmy and I stopped at a Waffle House for a late breakfast. I was hungry after the ordeal in Mrs. Jarvis’s office. Instead of ordering my usual coffee and bagel, I had a complete breakfast with bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns and wheat toast. Jimmy had the same thing, except he ordered a piece of pie for dessert. My father shook his head as he watched us eat. He had ordered an egg sandwich and a cup of coffee. “I don’t know where you’re going to put all that.” Jimmy rubbed his stomach
  7. Ronyx

    Chapter 12

    You're right, Karl. Zac exemplifies what a true friend is.
  8. Ronyx

    Chapter 12

    Many principals, I believe droughtquake, would rather find an alternate route than harsh punishment when dealing with their students. They learn nothing by sitting at home.
  9. Ronyx

    Chapter 12

    As I remarked in an earlier review, Petey: As our first lady says so eloquently- when they go low, we go high. That is what Zac did. He rose above his adversary. It's a lesson we can all learn.
  10. Ronyx

    Chapter 12

    Thanks, jaysalmn. Seems like Zac is well-grounded with a lot of support. He's fortunate.
  11. Ronyx

    Chapter 12

    Timothy, good parents sometimes have kids who don't make wise decisions. Hopefully, his father will make him realize the mistake he made regarding his friendship with Zac.
  12. Ronyx

    Chapter 12

    Glad you enjoyed it, Parker.
  13. Ronyx

    Chapter 12

    When I went down to the kitchen, everyone was sitting at the table eating breakfast. My mother grabbed my arm and had me sit down. “Have some breakfast, Zac,” she sang cheerfully. Josh looked up and started giggling. “Where’d you get the black...?” He stopped when Billy reached under the table and smacked him on his leg. He started to say something else, but he stopped when my father shook his head and gave him a stare that only a parent possesses. He shyly dropped his head and took another bit
  14. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    Like the FLOTUS says, Karl, when they go low, we go high.
  15. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    Thanks, droughtquake. And I would never call you odd.
  16. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    It seems, Parker, that it is one hurdle after another for Zac. And he's a sprinter! LOL.
  17. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    I suppose a lot of Zac's friends are wondering the same thing, skinnydragon
  18. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    Wow, Timothy! I'm impressed!
  19. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    “Come on, Billy,” I muttered to myself, “answer your damn phone.” I was sitting in a Burger King about four blocks from our house. I had been there for about an hour trying to decide what I should do next. I just wasn’t ready to face my parents. I knew by now they had to have received a phone call from Mrs. Jarvis. I’m sure she told them that I had been in a fight with Kenny. I just hoped that she hadn’t mentioned what the fight was about. Perhaps she didn’t know. I don’t recall Coach Brunswick
  20. Ronyx

    Chapter 9

    I'm sure, Lisa, if Kenny and Pastor Long spent any time together, they would be a danger to anyone who they remotely considered 'different.'
  21. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    You're right, droughtquake.
  22. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Wait, jaysalmn. Take a deep breath and say, "It's only a story." haha. Glad you're enjoying DN3.
  23. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Not sure, skinnydragon, that Kenny is smart enough to play a fiddle.
  24. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Haha. Thanks, Timothy for the 'rant.' Where were Marty and his coach? They were probably like Elvis and left the building before the fight began. Just guessing.
  25. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    When I returned home, Billy and Lonnie were waiting for me in our bedroom. As soon as I entered, Billy ran over and shut the door. I sat down on my bed and stared across the room at my brother and his small friend. “Lonnie can’t believe you’re gay,” Billy informed me. Lonnie nodded his head. I got up, went over and sat down between them. “Lonnie.” I put my hand on his shoulder. “I’ve really got to trust you with this.” He looked at me and nodded without saying anything. “I just told Billy the
×
×
  • Create New...