Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,862
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Ronnie needs to get some confidence in himself; stop trying to prove himself to others, be the best that he can be.
  2. Well, do hope that Ronnie get's over his hero worship soon; have a feeling that it will not go over well with Taran in the long run. So he can be open and honest about his sexuality but not about his powers? I guess gives new meaning to being in the closet.
  3. Mari can give Ronnie a different perspective; and that is always welcome.
  4. The pressure placed on a child to measure up to a parents expectations can be truly overwhelming; even for a perfectly normal child. One with any kind of extra ability, via intellect, sports, mechanical, music, or whatever; can find it impossible to deal with. Maya has felt the first touch of this new threat and survived; how will the others deal with it?
  5. Excellent chapter, flowed beautifully and the writing was first rate. Can Ronnie never tell his dad the truth? If he can in the future after training how will he take it;?
  6. Good chapter; I do with there was a little more backstory, I feel as if I am missing out on something.
  7. Well, wanting in and being in or two different things. That being said, he definitely needs training to keep both himself and others safe.
  8. Some parents suck even without trying to; not sure that Taran isn't the one that needs some therapy. Is the brother dead; or could that be tied to the villain in the prologue?
  9. Why lie? I mean he might not have been able to explain everything; but what the total lie? I guess I just think that always causes problems in the end. Just say that he got mugged; and had to deal with the aftermath. I know his father was a cop; so he probably would have made calls; but still....
  10. Trapped souls, okay, that is just a little dark. I would have thought they would have tried to make sure he had some training just so he would not hurt himself or someone else; but I do guess that you have to make that choice. Having any choice forced on you never brings the best results, even if it is for your own good.
  11. This chapter seemed sad to me; not just the background on what Ronnie has gone through, but the tone overall. Pacing is still really good; and I do prefer longer chapter.
  12. Silver Cyclone does seem concerned about Ronnie; but do find it curious that Maya is so surprised by his actions, not sure if that is good or bad.
  13. Have to say this chapter flowed wonderfully; the pacing was excellent. There hasn't been enough background to explain how powers are developed here so some of this seems a little undeveloped as far as the storyline goes. Holds the attention well though; and makes it were you want to see what happens next.
  14. To kill anyone even in defense of oneself or others is still something that can haunt you; hope that Ronnie will get a chance to talk to someone about this. Can't tell exactly what his power is or is going to be fully yet. Silver Cyclone seems to be interesting.
  15. An interesting start; the rush of adrenaline can cause unexpected results in anyone. The little bit of background and set up was nice; but do hope there is more at some point. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
  16. centexhairysub

    Prologue

    An unexpected and ignoble end for Sarah; but even though this was a prologue; perhaps a little more information would have been welcomed.
  17. centexhairysub

    Changing

    I wondered about that; but it seems that something that far back would have caused enough issues that he would never have been able to battle and become the Alpha or have stayed as long as he did. I have to think the poisoning that was mentioned in the last book; had to occur closer to the time frame of the last book. The new Alpha seems like a decent sort; while the old one seemed like a total ass.
  18. centexhairysub

    Chapter 6

    Well, getting to Memphis will only be half the issue; there was nothing in the communication to explain how they will find the other person or object, we are only assuming it was a person. Even at the time this took place, Memphis was a large city, and you won't just find someone or something because you want to quickly.
  19. centexhairysub

    Chapter 7

    Doesn't the Emperor realize that Kastan would prefer a male rather than a female? Are they not close enough for him to understand? Not sure I trust the Empress anymore now than before but maybe giving her the idea that only Kastan is strong enough to secure her son's throne will give her pause.
  20. centexhairysub

    Reflection

    Was so excited to see another book in this series; then I saw who you picked to go with....WHY!!!!!!!!!! Okay, the first chapter was a good reminder of what happened; is this recollection before he finds out that a chemical imbalance was causing issues? Well, can't wait to see where you take this. Good to see another book come along.
  21. centexhairysub

    Chapter 5

    Well, this will complicate matters no matter who knows or doesn't. Phillip is going to find it harder to leave and harder to be objective.
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 4

    Phillip needs to be very careful, if he gets caught talking to a machine or something that no one else can see; he probably will not survive the consequences. I am sort of surprised that he hasn't decided to speak, he could explain that an accident/the sun/something prohibited him from speaking for a while. Chapter flowed well, and really developing a feel for the characters.
  23. centexhairysub

    Chapter 6

    OMG, I just loved this chapter from start to finish. Jihan has no idea of what he has done. You just don't disappear from a man like Kastan, it will make him chase you. Can't wait for the next chapter. I suggest you stop working and take a leave of absence until this story is finished.
  24. centexhairysub

    Chapter 3

    The wife may prove to be troublesome; we will have to see how it plays out. The muteness could prove beneficial; but suddenly speaking and being understood; might be a sign from the Gods of either a great gift or a curse. The time in which this takes place; anything unexpected could be a problem traced to one being blessed or cursed by the Gods.
  25. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    The pacing did not seem as well done in this chapter. The dreams/visions seemed to throw it off to me. Interesting premise however; one would wonder how the natives will cope with him suddenly being able to understand and communicate with them.
×
×
  • Create New...