Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Weird and monstrous, eldritch story...

The Mantis Continuum - Book Four - 25. Chapter 25 - Dozi, Ilya, & Tchama

The search party...

“Tchama and I will search the streets while you search from the air,” Dozi said to Ilya. “Unadi has to be around here somewhere.”

“All of this is my fault,” Ilya whispered. She choked down a lump in her throat.

“Don’t blame yourself for trying to help someone,” Dozi retorted.

“But what I made Olona and Lahari do for Unadi has caused nothing but problems! We shouldn’t have messed with his mantis gland.”

Tchama extended her single arm toward Ilya with her palm up, and she took her hand. “For a while, half a year in fact, it was just the three of us,” Tchama said to them both, and she smiled, “but our family keeps growing. Ilya, I can’t even imagine you not doing exactly what you did. You had no idea what would happen, but you were trying to make Unadi’s life better.”

“And we don’t really know what’s wrong with him,” Dozi added. “This may have nothing to do with what you did for him. You told us how messed up his childhood was, coupled with his years of isolation, he’s certain to have issues. And he told us that he left his village, but maybe he was kicked out; maybe he did something horrible and they banished or exiled him.” Dozi brought her hand to Ilya’s arm. “What you did for him was pure compassion. We understand your intentions.”

Tears began to run down Ilya’s cheeks. “Thank you.”

Dozi squeezed her arm. “Now, let’s go find him and figure out what’s wrong,” she encouraged.

Ilya nodded, and without another word, she lifted off the ground and soared into the bright morning sky.

“Come on,” Dozi urged, “let’s go.” She and Tchama headed down one of the main streets of Gate Town. “I can’t believe he hit you with a chair.”

Tchama shrugged and smiled. “Good thing he couldn’t hurt me.” She laughed and added, “There’s obviously something very wrong with him, like you said, so I didn’t take it personal.”

Dozi and Tchama talked while they wandered the streets looking for Unadi, a man they barely knew and were not even certain they would recognize. Over an hour later, they found Ilya, and she had found him. She was in a state of shock.

Unadi was unconscious, slumped against a wall, and he was covered in blood

uh oh...
2023
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
How will everything and everyone connect?
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  The three searched and found Unadi. "Unadi was unconscious, slumped against a wall, and he was covered in blood★"

I bet the peddler he attacked resisted him and fought him off. We will find out what happened soon enough.  Will this beating cure Unadi of his aggression. He has learned he can be defeated and hurt by a seemingly weaker individual.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

"Maybe he did something wrong."

Now that's a hoot. His power killed anyone who stayed anywhere near him. It wasn't his conscious action, but all those deaths and his isolation were bound to leave some trauma. 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

I think in some manner Newton's laws of motion apply here...

  1. A body remains at rest, or in motion at a constant speed in a straight line, unless acted upon by a force.
  2. When a body is acted upon by a net force, the body's acceleration multiplied by its mass is equal to the net force.
  3. If two bodies exert forces on each other, these forces have the same magnitude but opposite directions.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..