Jump to content

The Mantis Continuum - Book Four 4. The Mantis Gland

   (1 review)
Book 4 in The Mantis Gland series(1).jpg

THE MANTIS CONTINUUM leaves behind the grimdark style of the previous story, and it morphs into an eldritch tale of psychic confrontation. Two weird children, Jzuna and Thech, go through a significant upheaval in their happy lives. A unique trio of gay 17 year old lads embark on a buccaneer adventure. A man living alone in isolation is found and helped, but with very unexpected consequences.

All of them suffer loss. All of them go through grief. All of them end up in Teshon City.

There is a cursed village, a trip to paradise, and a painting party.

There are giants, multiple alternate dimensions, and ice cream!

There is still violence, but it is far less often and not as gruesome in Book Four. The prologue is one of the bloody moments; from then on it's mostly smoother sailing.
2023

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

centexhairysub

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Character development is great, you quickly care about most and learn to hate those that are evil.  Writing is good, flow to the story is generally good; but some chapters are super short and some of the violence is truly gag worthy.

If you like stories with unique and varied characters with highs and lows; then this might be the series for you.  Posting is generally quick, but some chapters are very short.

Some of the violence is extreme; if you have a sensitive stomach, you might think twice.

I do recommend this series as it is different and has always kept me interested, but you must read the books in order; will not make sense otherwise.

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..