Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Weird and monstrous, eldritch story...

The Mantis Continuum - Book Four - 8. Chapter 8 - Tragedy

Olona's devices... Lahari's powers... Unaid's photonova gland...

The sun was setting over the grey spot of dead trees deep in the forest.

Unadi and Lahari suddenly screamed, startling Ilya and Olona.

Lahari was using her powers, pouring them into Unadi through Olona’s channeler and halo. There was no illumination, no sound besides their shocking screams; no change at all was apparent to Ilya or Olona. She checked all the devices she was monitoring, but there was no indication that anything had gone wrong.

Before Ilya could ask Olona what was happening, Lahari and Unadi’s voices died and they both fell to the grey earth.

uh oh...
(p.s. this is NOT the shortest chapter in this book!)
2023
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 3
How will everything and everyone connect?
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

As I feared, this didn't go well. Didn't expect it to affect both of them though.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

Oh no....  Once again, those trying to do the right thing are struck down.  Let us hope that they are not both dead...  

  • Fingers Crossed 3
Link to comment

What apparently went wrong?  The chapter ended so quickly. Did Olona or Lahari make a mistake ?

Are these two key individuals dead or just stunned?  Did one or more survive the efforts to save Unadi?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
29 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

We can't say for sure what happened....

When they scream and collapse, probably nothing good. It wasn't a roller coaster.

  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..