Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Weird and monstrous, eldritch story...

The Mantis Continuum - Book Four - Prologue. Prologue - Aftermath of the Massacre

The story continues, but much of the violence is now ended.

***

Upon the hillside of Gunge, surrounded by the severed body parts and ruined corpses of the many slain monstrosities, Ronging approached the creature with the mechanical crown. The two naked former-humans were similar in many ways. Their skin tones were close, as were their hair and eye color. They also each possessed far too much body for a human. The extra arms and legs and fleshy bulges may have been unique to each monster, but both of them looked like an entire group of people that had been melded into the hideous amalgam of a single humanoid creature.

Ronging was not of a mind to make decisions, but his fellow monster had an air of authority and gave orders. None of that mattered to Ronging, and his pull toward the other creature was a need, which he obeyed.

When the other said, “Follow,” Ronging did. However, if it had not given the order, Ronging still would have followed it, inexorably drawn to others like himself.

The pair of them left the bloody hills of Gunge and ventured into the wilderness, abandoning their home. The crowned creature spoke occasionally, and far more often than Ronging, but Ronging rarely paid attention or replied. He was waiting for his wicked craving to rise, even though that would not happen again for several years; he simply wanted to do his waiting with another of his kind. So Ronging followed, and the other led.

The sun and moon passed above, over and over again, until the crowned monster eventually stopped by the banks of a stream.

“I can already feel my desire beginning to rise,” it said. “Not long now until I need to feed.” It looked at Ronging.

Ronging did not respond.

“Ugh… that’s why the rest of you weren’t welcome anywhere except Gunge.” The creature picked at the mechanical crown where the metal devise bit into its skin, and it continued talking to its unresponsive companion. “I was the only one of us allowed back into Teshon City and the Messiah Tower.” It turned and looked off through the trees. “Come,” it commanded.

They forded the stream, and a moment later, the edge of a village came into view. The two monsters slunk up to the back of a building.

Ronging hardly paid attention as his companion banged on the door.

A latch clicked and a tiny hatch opened. A completely normal-looking man peeked out.

“Why, master Lonklam,” the man exclaimed in surprise, “you only just left us no more than six months ago. What brings you back so soon?” Another thought interrupted him. “Oh, no, your sister!” He looked fearful.

“What about her?”

“Hang on,” the man said. He closed the little window and opened the door, and then he noticed Ronging. “Goodness me, you’ve… brought another of your kind to see us?”

The two monsters entered.

“Gunge has been destroyed.”

The doorman was shocked. “But master Lonklam, how is that possible?

“I don’t know. Now, what about Eccoodia? What happened to my sister?”

“I’m so sorry,” the man said hesitantly. “Many of the Messiahs in Teshon City have been killed. Your sister, the Principal Messiah, was among them. I’m sorry, master Lonklam,” the man repeated.

The monster named Lonklam asked, “Dead? The Messiahs are dead?” He added, “And the inhabitants of Gunge are dead.” Lonklam picked at his crown and looked over at Ronging. “We belong nowhere.”

Ronging seemed entirely uninterested in whatever was happening.

“Master Lonklam,” the man said, “can I offer you a pleasure session? Most of the regulars are not in town because we did not expect you to come back so soon, but if you allow me to gather a few of your past lovers, I’m sure that we can arrange some distractions to help take your mind off your losses.”

Lonklam stepped up to Ronging. “Stay,” he ordered, and he left his fellow monster, following the doorman deeper into the building.

Ronging could feel Lonklam. He was near enough that there was no pull toward any others of his kind. The command to stay was the only thing in Ronging’s mind, and he waited. Time passed for him with no thoughts, and the crowned monster eventually came back into the room. He led Ronging outside, and the two made their way into the trees.

Lonklam allowed his addiction to lead him, and his weird double mouth smiled as he spied his prey, and he was very pleased to know that his craving would not have the chance to overwhelm him.

The two twisted mutants came to the edge of a little back patio behind a café, and Lonklam rumbled, “I need!”

Uh-oh...
2023
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
How will everything and everyone connect?
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

So Locklam was the brother of the Principal Messiah. She must have provided the crown to give him an elevated existence. 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

oh my--Lonklam is a thinking creature and now he controls Ronging. All is lost to Lonklam and it looks he is going to consume Ronging who is not aware of his danger.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, akascrubber said:

oh my--Lonklam is a thinking creature and now he controls Ronging. All is lost to Lonklam and it looks he is going to consume Ronging who is not aware of his danger.

Um, they only consume photonova glands and Ronging doesn't have one.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

Pleasure him????  Let's hope it was with a two by four inserted in certain body parts.  I don't see this grouping of Lonklam and Ronging is a good thing.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 8/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, drpaladin said:

So Locklam was the brother of the Principal Messiah. She must have provided the crown to give him an elevated existence. 

the pieces are all coming together...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 8/14/2023 at 10:37 PM, centexhairysub said:

Pleasure him????  Let's hope it was with a two by four inserted in certain body parts.  I don't see this grouping of Lonklam and Ronging is a good thing.  

hahaha glad that surprised you! 😆

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..