Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Weird and monstrous, eldritch story...

The Mantis Continuum - Book Four - 29. Chapter 29 - Riam, Part One

the monster is on the hunt...

Lonklam and Ronging struggled to keep pace with Riam. Despite her severely twisted body, she was much stronger and faster than either of them. The three were headed down the Pinewood Path away from the ruins of Ilin, but Riam was far ahead of Lonklam and Ronging. They moved as quickly as their strange bodies allowed, and yet Riam continued to pull away from them.

She reached Bloodwater Crossing, and in an instant, she had forded the Lonely River. The pull toward her prey was all-consuming. Riam sensed the many photonova glands in Gate Town, and as she approached a tiny shack at the very edge of the city, she honed in on two Shifts who were inside. Without stopping, Riam smashed into and through the wall of the little building. She collided with and incapacitated the individuals; her strength was terrible.

The two Shifts were slammed against the ground, and the fingertips of Riam’s multiple hands dug into and penetrated the meat of their necks, rupturing their flesh. Blood sprayed over the mutated woman. It took her almost no effort to rip both of their heads from their bodies, and she discarded the convulsing corpses without another thought.

Riam screamed with vicious ecstasy, and she peeled one of the skulls like a hideous fruit. She ripped the face and scalp from the bone, and two of her other hands came slamming together with the skull between them, popping the head like a pomegranate. Brains, blood, and bone shards sprayed through the air in a gruesome arc. Riam ripped her hands apart with the same force, and she snatched at the mess with yet another set of unnatural fingers. She found the photonova gland, shoved it into her mouth, and swallowed hard.

With the other severed head tucked under one of her many arms, Riam felt herself beginning to change. She made her way back toward the forests that surrounded Teshon City, as a new arm thrust out from her right collarbone. An oversized eye with no lashes formed on the back of one of her many hands. The weird extra mouth on her temple developed a second tongue, both of which perpetually hung toward her whiskered ear. Yet another breast grew from the side of her torso, and it had three nipples. On the back of her head, a large patch of hair dropped out, and from her scalp sprouted a new pair of thumbs.

“I see you’ve got a snack for later,” Lonklam said as he and Ronging finally caught up with Riam in the forest outside of town.

“I will need… again… soon,” she struggled to say.

“How soon?” Lonklam pointed with one of his hands at the severed head. “Will that allow you to travel?” He looked at Ronging, then back at Riam, and a bizarre smile stretched across his double mouth. “I think we should bring you to Xin.”

will the trio of monstrosities be returning to Gunge, or do they have some other place to go in Xin?
2023
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
How will everything and everyone connect?
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

One now and one for the road.

Going to Xin is smart, perhaps by accident. Their predators are all in Teshon City.

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

Riam has eaten another being's photonova gland and has a second one to eat later. He is even more hideous beast.

Why will he not eat more on the outskirts of Teshon City? His friends must think they might be in danger or want to be careful. They want to take him to Xin. He will need to feast on his extra gland and maybe it is a safer place for now. But, will his craving stop after his next gland is eaten? He might not be happy resting  in the Grunge and might seek anyone with a photonova gland.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, akascrubber said:

Riam has eaten another being's photonova gland and has a second one to eat later. He is even more hideous beast.

Why will he not eat more on the outskirts of Teshon City? His friends must think they might be in danger or want to be careful. They want to take him to Xin. He will need to feast on his extra gland and maybe it is a safer place for now. But, will his craving stop after his next gland is eaten? He might not be happy resting  in the Grunge and might seek anyone with a photonova gland.

She.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

 

I stand corrected===

 

Riam has eaten another being's photonova gland and has a second one to eat later. She is even more hideous beast.

Why will she not eat more on the outskirts of Teshon City? Her friends must think they might be in danger or want to be careful. They want to take her to Xin. She will need to feast on her extra gland and maybe it is a safer place for now. But, will her craving stop after her next gland is eaten? She might not be happy resting  in the Grunge and might seek anyone with a photonova gland.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Ugh, I may be ill.  This trio needs to be destroyed now...

Yesterday is/was too soon

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, drsawzall said:

Yesterday is/was too soon

Too bad eating a mantis gland doesn't hit everyone like it did Unadi. Problem solved.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..