Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Weird and monstrous, eldritch story...

The Mantis Continuum - Book Four - 7. Chapter 7 - Lonklam & Ronging

Lonklam was denied, but he needs to feed... where will he find a Shift now that Bivon, Thech, and Jzuna are gone?

Ronging lumbered toward the sound of his companion’s voice. They were high in the forested mountains and had been separated. Thech and Jzuna’s powers sent the two monsters on a flight that had left them both far from any human habitation, but neither of them was injured from the fall. Ronging’s flesh had been scorched, but he would heal quickly.

“Ronging! Where are you?!” came Lonklam’s voice from a distance.

Ronging trudged through the snow but the cold did not affect his strange enhanced body; he did not care that he was deep in the high forest. With his craving recently satiated, he merely desired to be near one of his own kind.

Ronging!” Lonklam roared again.

A moment later, the monsters caught sight of each other. “Finally,” Lonklam said as Ronging drew near to him. “My body begins to burn. I needed to feed on one of those Shifts, and I was denied. We must return to the village.”

Ronging did not reply.

“Come,” Lonklam commanded, and his desire drove him.

It was a day and a night before the two monsters made it back to Hazel Cove, and Lonklam led Ronging to his contact again. It was before dawn when the monster pounded on the door.

A moment later, the little window opened.

“Master Lonklam,” the doorman said in surprise, “what are you…” but Lonklam slammed into the door, breaking it open and knocking the man back. He fell to the floor and looked up at the monster in alarm. “Master Lonklam?!”

Where is it?

The doorman quavered, “Where is what?”

“I can feel it on you,” Lonklam growled. He grabbed the man with his multiple arms and pulled him very close to his mouths. Lonklam breathed his scent, but the doorman was not who he was after; humans were not his prey.

“Where is it?!” the monster roared, throwing the man back to the floor. Lonklam stormed past him, and his unearthly senses drew him toward a flight of stairs. He climbed them awkwardly, with the doorman close on his heels.

“Master Lonklam,” he cried out in distress, “there’s nothing up there for you! I live upstairs with my family. My shop is down below and the pleasure dungeon in the basement can be made available, even though it’s very early in the morning, but please don’t go upstairs!”

Lonklam ignored every word and reached the top of the flight. He grabbed a door handle, and the man’s urgency increased.

That’s my son’s room; he’s just a boy! There can’t be anything you want in there. Please, master Lonklam, let me take you downstairs and we can get you whatever you need.”

Suddenly, the monster cried out in rage, and he smashed through the door like a tornado. Shrapnel splinters of wood darted through the air, and the man’s son awoke in fright. Lonklam grabbed the boy and used his frail little body like a battering ram, smashing the child into and through the second-story wall of the building. The boy was dead before he could scream. The monster fell, holding the child’s corpse, and Lonklam landed on the hard earth with the boy beneath him.

From the hole in the wall above, the boy’s father let out a wail of anguish, as he watched Ronging and Lonklam disappear into the woods with the twisted corpse of his son.

The boy never even had the opportunity to come to terms with the fact that he was a Shift 😢
2023
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 2
How will everything and everyone connect?
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Lonklam's burning desire for a photonova gland drove him to search out and kill the young son to harvest his precious gland. He did not care about the misery he was causing.

Let us see if they reach the dead part of the forest and die. Unadi can stand up to them

 

 

Edited by akascrubber
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I'm sorry the boy met such an undeserved fate. However, his father knew Lonklam was a monster and dealt with him anyway. He is a flesh peddler of the worst sort. It's impossible to conceive any of the poor wretches under his control serviced a creature as loathsome as Lonklam willingly. When you consort with the Devil, you deserve all the pain and damnation which comes your way.

  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

Lonklam and Ronging are both truly monsters and must be destroyed.  The son was an innocent; but the father knew what kind of monster he was dealing with and continued to do so.  Why is it always the innocents that pay the price.

  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..