Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 877 Words
  • 9,524 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part I - 13. Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13 --==Taylan's POV==--

He dropped me off at the entrance of my apartment complex and then walked me all the way up to my door, taking my keys as if he'd been living here for ages. For a minute there, I thought he'd precede me inside, but I underestimated him; he courteously handed back the keys. Old fashioned manners. He remained standing where he was, and leaned against the door post, shaking his head when I opened the door further, the invite obvious.

"So...did you enjoy yourself, today?"

"I did," I answered promptly. And I had!

"Enough to repeat it tomorrow?"

"Umm...I thought the deal was four dates? Four weekends? I kinda have to, don't I?"
I snickered.

"Forget the deal; that was just an excuse to get to know you. I think you know that. One day isn't nearly enough, but I already know that I'm attracted to you, and wanna get to know you a lot better. I want more than just a couple of dates."
He was so damn honest that it was getting scary.

"Mitchell..."

"Am I too direct?"

No...yes! Christ, how do you react to this; it made me instantly nervous again. Jerk. We'd been moving nicely, maybe a bit faster than I'm used to, but that was to be expected with him, I knew now.

"N-no," I stammered. "So..."

"So the deal's off. I'm asking if you are attracted to me, too, and do this without that; to get to know each other normally, without an obligation."

Right; put me on the spot like that, why don't you? I guess he knew what I was thinking because he grinned attractively. Unfair!

"I'm trying to find out if you're open to it. Maybe you're not looking for something like this, or maybe you're not attracted; or find me not attractive..."

I think he knew full well that I found him attractive. And not just physically. Today I'd seen...quite a guy.

"Honestly," I cut in, "I think you're very attractive."

He was dominating, which attracted me. I dunno why; maybe I was looking for a father figure. I didn't know the psychological bull behind all of it. I do know that a gentle guy is completely wrong for me; I get the upper hand then and that's the beginning of the end. I kinda like to be handled a bit more roughly, and not just sexually. Although...

But it wasn't just that; he'd shown a lot of himself today, sometimes not even realizing it, and I liked what I saw.

"Including the fact that I have a son?"

Only now, and for the first time, did he appear to be uncertain. Strangely enough, I felt more certain now that I had told him I felt drawn to him.

"Including, yes."

"Are you sure? More than once I've put time and effort into a relationship, only to find out that they wanted something else, and definitely not a kid. And they never even met Kit. We're a package deal..."
I nodded.
"I'm taking a huge risk..."
I continued nodding.
"If you're toying with me..."

Then he'd probably kill me; yes, I got it. I wasn't even entertaining the thought of toying with him about that, and wasn't in the least intimidated by the stormy look he sent me, putting threat into his voice when he said that last bit.

"So you'll come, tomorrow?"

"Yes, sheesh! What does a guy have to do to get a goodnight kiss around here?!"

If he made up his mind already, I'd at least get the chance to control some of the nerves that were shooting through me ever since the start of this late-night surprise. Instead, he was just standing there. These kinds of conversations; it was way too early for them in any relationship. Even so, he'd already gotten me; he was so completely different, privately.

He softly began to laugh; then he pulled me closer and tilted my head with his hands, and kissed me hungrily, showing more passion in that one kiss than he had the entire night.

I was still weak in the knees, supported only by the wall, with a couple of throbbing lips, while he'd disappeared at least fifteen minutes ago.

Brutal.

Yum!

**********

The phone rang. The thing rambled incessantly on the night stand, close to the alarm that showed it was 6am. What idiot was calling me at this hour?!

"Mmm?" I growled, my face buried into the pillow, the receiver half covering my ear.

"So what'll you have for breakfast?"
Mitchell?

"A baseball bat and your head, in that order," I yawned, chagrined.

"That doesn't really sound like a healthy combination."

"Sounds fine to me."

"Do you know you're a regular sunshine in the morning?"

"What do you mean ‘morning'? It's the middle of the night, ya dope!"

"Oh, quit your whining. Come on, get up; I'll be there shortly, to pick you up."

"Funny, that. Listen; bed. Warm. Warm bed. Me and warm bed? Very good combo."
My brain definitely hadn't joined the world so the words weren't coming all that coherently yet.

"Nice try; I'll just ring until you open the door."

He hung up. Now where was that baseball bat?

Minor correction in an offensive word.
andr0gene 2005-Present; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 23
  • Love 7
  • Haha 12
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Please accept my apologies not sure why but in the last few reviews have been calling Mitchell Michael. Somehow mentioning a warm bed and Taylan as a good combo could lead to so many sexy comebacks was really quite disappointed Mitchell never took him up on it. I'm not sure if I should be sorry for Taylan not having a close. Physical relationship with his family or not. He seems a bit befuddled with the closeness of Mitchell and Kit. It will be interesting to see how it has a bearing on his burgeoning relationship with the two of them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

My favorite sentence is :

"Yes, sheesh! What does a guy have to do to get a goodnight kiss around here?!"

- always makes me crack up. Taylan is so cute when he's trying to deal with Mitchell coming on to him strongly.

Edited by Timothy M.
Link to comment

That's exactly the reason I got rid of my baseball bat, when my BF moved in... 

He's not a morningperson either....:P

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..