Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 648 Words
  • 8,925 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part I - 22. Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22 --==Taylan's POV==--

"Come again?" I asked, blinking surprised.

"Sienna and Jack are moving to the Middle East. Easy, easy, you; there's more."
I was trying to pry his arms off of me; he was only telling me this now!?

"I just heard it the day before yesterday."
I abruptly quit my prying.

"So there are two options; either Kit goes with them or he comes to live here. And I think you know very well what I'd prefer."

D'oh. Kit living here, of course. Right now, if it were possible. Yesterday, if he'd been able to do it. He talked about it often, lately.

"Have they asked him?"
Mitchell swallowed, and nodded.

"Yes. This morning. He called me, about an hour ago. He wants to stay here. I tell you; I was scared to death that he might choose to go with them..."

Obviously he was happy because his eyes were getting suspiciously moist. The big wuss. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a small kiss on his nose.

"Idiot. You know he's nuts about his dad."
He smiled.

"Yeah. But, anyway, what comes next is a condition Sienna made; the deal we had, that there'll always be someone here for him, remains in place."

He looked at me a little dejectedly, and waited until the coin fell, which didn't take all that long.

"And you hoped that I'd sign up for the job, huh?"
He bit his lower lip, guiltily; was he nervous?

"Would you want to do it?"

"Are you blackmailing me right now? I say ‘no' and you lose your son?"

"Yes."
He looked downright desperate.

"Right, okay; then it's clear." I sighed deeply. "I dunno, Mitch...I suddenly have to go take care of a kid? I have no experience, whatsoever..."

"He's crazy about you. You know that. He respects you, which is important. And you know how much he means to me."

"How long before they leave?"

"Two months."
I sighed again and started shaking my head.

Unfortunately, he misunderstood the gesture. I was shaking my head because I couldn't believe that I was about to agree to do it; he'd already won me over, and Kit equally, so when the matter had to be decided, it was already decided for me. But, as said, he misunderstood my shaking my head, and he hung his, closing his eyes, swallowing audibly.

"Alright, I umm... I thought that you also lov..."

"Mitchell Gilmore, you're a big idiot. And you apparently know me a lot better than I thought; you knew full well that I'd say yes, as soon as I heard that Kit might be leaving you for good."
His eyes flew open, and he searched my face, hopefully.

"So...you'll do it?"
I sent him a smirk and nodded.

"Of course; I love that kid."
Oh Christ, my ribs. Ouch. Ouch. OUCH!!!

He passionately hugged me so tight; I really couldn't breathe. I hit him on the back, and then again, gasping for breath. That big oaf cried like a baby, out of relief, and I was standing there, slowly being squeezed to death. So I hit him again, this time hard enough to get his attention, and he let go, finally allowing me to inhale. Man, that
hurt.

"You absolute moron!" I gasped, my lungs still clawing for air. It stung! And he laughed, that Neanderthal.

I slapped his shoulder but he didn't care; he pulled me toward him again and rained down kisses on my face, my mouth, ending with a long, deep kiss, and I just let it flow over me, letting him express his relief, even when it became more passionate and he lifted me up.

Then I wrapped my legs around his waist, and while he was still sucked tightly to my face, let him carry me straight to the bedroom.

No corrections.
andr0gene 2005-Present; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 24
  • Love 14
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So cute and so funny, I love this chapter. Poor Mitch he was in such despair for a moment and then he went completely overboard in his joy. I bet Taylan got a heavy dose of concentrated man love in reward for his yes.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Not quite the way I thought it would happen, but I always knew that Taylan would become the stay-at-home Dad to look after Kit. One of the touching parts, though, was Mitchell becoming really vulnerable at the thought he might lose Kit. It really came over clearly how much that idea affected him. Well done!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/18/2015 07:34 PM, Graeme said:

Not quite the way I thought it would happen, but I always knew that Taylan would become the stay-at-home Dad to look after Kit. One of the touching parts, though, was Mitchell becoming really vulnerable at the thought he might lose Kit. It really came over clearly how much that idea affected him. Well done!

Meh...too short. More exposition! Oh wait, fuck...I'm the writer. Oops?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Can someone please explain why a responsible 15 year old needs a full time stay at home parent?  What Taylan going to do all day for the 9 months a year that Kit is in school?  Is this set in 2004 or 1954?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..