Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 653 Words
  • 10,349 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part I - 9. Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9 --==Mitchell's POV==--

Taylan blinked several times at my sudden reversal of opinion.

"But it’ll cost you," I said, trying not to sound too sly.
He frowned, and my brain once again worked at top speed; what could I get out of this?

"That's the problem, right? That you're working for me? You don't want to give me those names, and you'd feel awkward because I'm your boss; people might talk. Right?"

"Yes..." he replied, slowly.

"Then I think you've run out of excuses now; you're not wrecking a happy marriage, no entanglements that would make people frown at you, and you don't work for me anymore. But - I want something in return."

"Which is?"

"I'm losing a very efficient and excellent CSE. That's going to cost you...a date. No, two." He seemed dumbfounded.

"A...date?"
I held up two fingers.

"Two dates, yes. From the early morning to midnight; this weekend. Saturday and Sunday. With me and Kit."
If he said no, there wasn't a hell of a lot I could do about it, so I kept the pressure on.
"The longer you wait, the more dates. Now it'll be three."
He stared at me.

"Four."

"Alright, okay! I'll go out with you," he said, sighing, but apparently seeing the humor in the situation. This was good; I could work with that. It wasn't much but...

"Damn, you caved too soon; I should have counted quicker. But it'll be enough."
Frowning, he looked at me.

"What do you mean ‘enough'; enough for what?"

"To convince you that I'm the one for you."
He sent me an astonished look and started to laugh.

"You think?"

"You haven't seen me in action yet, turning on the full charm. You just watch, the coming weekend. You're going down."
I winked.

"Wow, aren't you self absorbed," he replied, rolling his eyes. "But did you ever stop to think that someone also must want to be charmed?"

"Oh, and naturally, you don't want that, right?" I sent him a mocking look. He so wanted it.

"I'm not waiting for someone, right now, no."

"Liar," I shot back, slowly approaching him. If he was playing hard to get, he should know that, if there is one thing I go for, it's that. "There's just not been someone who caught you, yet. I will. But you'll find out soon enough."

"Anyone ever tell you that you're an arrogant son of a..."

"Frequently. The difference is; where are they now, and where am I?"
I sent him a mischievous grin and took a step closer. He actually remained where he was.

"One request, though."

"That being..."

"You stay on until we find a replacement; we can't go without."

"No."

"Taylan," I said, putting a hint of a threat in there, "that's the deal. I won't ask you for the names, if that's why you're saying no."

"In that case; deal."
I tilted my head and regarded him, trying to gauge him.

"Come here," I then said, softly.

"I'm not a dog," he answer, prickly.
I grinned and came to stand in front of him, looking down; he looked up, boldly.

"Insolence."

"Arrogance," he shot back.

Then I quickly lowered my head and covered his lips, when he seemed to want to say more. He readily allowed me inside, and I dove in, searching for his tongue and finding it, rubbing against it and then diving in deeper, unable to resist. He softly protested, and I loosened the kiss a bit; that took some willpower. God, I could eat him, right here and now.

When I finally lifted my head again, he was silent, and he remained that way until the door closed behind me.

I left his apartment complex with a smug grin on my face; if that was the best way to silence him, the coming weekend would turn out to be quite a party.

Changed one line.
andr0gene 2005-Present; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 29
  • Love 10
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Me, too. One thing I liked was how Taylan wouldn't stay on until Mitchell removed the demand for those names. It shows something about Taylan's character. As for Mitchell, he's still not coming over as a nice person. He's going to have to work hard that weekend if he's going to reverse the bad impression he's been giving. The main thing in his favour at the moment appears to be that Taylan finds him attractive. He's going to need a lot more than that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/18/2015 06:25 PM, Graeme said:

Me, too. One thing I liked was how Taylan wouldn't stay on until Mitchell removed the demand for those names. It shows something about Taylan's character. As for Mitchell, he's still not coming over as a nice person. He's going to have to work hard that weekend if he's going to reverse the bad impression he's been giving. The main thing in his favour at the moment appears to be that Taylan finds him attractive. He's going to need a lot more than that.

The fun about this response is: I know the answer! ;)

I hope you like the direction he will go next. :D

Link to comment

If I were Taylan in real life, I would go out of town or to a hotel and start my job search.  But then there wouldn't be a story.  Like teen slasher movies, if everyone made good decisions, there would be no movie.  Sometimes you just have to suspend reality and go with it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Yeah, at times it's bad. I'm sorry, all I can say is that Mitchell will be better developed in the following stories. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..