Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

It Wasn't Me - 21. Chapter 21-Dad?

I try to ignore you.

I try to forget you.

But I can't stay indifferent.

You are a part of me.

I wish I could say that I had forgotten about my parents. I wish I could say at I honestly felt at home with Donovan. I wish I could say I was satisfied.

"Hunter, you've got mail." Donovan said walking into our apartment, "It's a postcard from your dad."

I bitterly took it form him and threw it in the trash.

"Why did you do that?"

"Why couldn't he just visit?" I bit, I didn't mean to direct it at Donovan, he just was the only one in the room.

"I don't know." Donovan said removing it form the trash can. He took out the postcard, "He's in Queens? Well maybe after I grading some of theese papers, about I take you there?"

I sat on counter top with my head down, "No."

"You don't want to see your dad?" He asked sitting down on couch and started pulling out his first period papers.

I shifted around to face him, "I don't know...part of me wants to. Then part of me wants to forget all about him."

"He's your dad. I don't think it's possible to completely forget him."

I nodded, "I know...but I don't know if I want to see him right now..." I noticed that the keys to Donovan's motorcycle were right next to me.

"Hey can I go over to Matt's?"

"Yea, do want me to drive you?"

I quietly cupped the keys into my hands and slid them into my jean pocket, "No, I'll walk."

***

I drove the motorcycle to Matt's house. Donovan had taught me how to drive the motorcycle around the same time he taught me how to drive a car. I personally preferred the bike. I always promised myself that I would get my own one day.

"Hi Mr. Edwards, Mrs. Edwards, is Matt home?" I asked sweetly entering though the back door.

"Yea, he's in his room."

I went up upstairs and opened Matt's door. He was on his nicely made bed with his math book.

"Hey Mac." I cheered out.

He smiled up at me and closed the book, "Hi Jamie."

I walked over and sat next to him, "Guess what?"

He moved the book and laid on his stomach, "What?" he chuckled.

I laid down on my side, "My dad is in Queens and Tony offered to take me to see him."

He nodded, "Oh so are you going?"

"I don't know. Part of me is curious about him. What he looks like? How would he react to seeing me?"

"Well I think he would be happy to see you." he said.

I slowly slid my hand across the tan blanket, "I hope so."

He moved closer to me, "I can come with you? If you want?"

I looked down then back up, "You aren't doing anything to night?"

He shook his head, "Nop."

"Good because we are going to see my dad." I said sitting up,"We'll take the motorcycle."

"I'm there" Matt sat up too, "But can Mr. Donovan get us both on the back of his bike?"

I pulled the keys out of my pocket, "We don't need Tony."

Matt raised his eyebrows, I guess he knew me well enough. "I don't know about that."

"Come on." I begged, "You'll loved the ride and...we can get a bite and have a night....come on do you really want to spend a Friday night doing math?"

I moved closer and playfully batted my eyes, "Pretty please."

He turned away and laughed, "Alright."

%%%%%%

We got lost.

I was pulled over to the side of the road trying to figure out where we were.

Shit. Shit.

"This is bad. This is very very bad." Matt kept whining.

I was trying to steady my thoughts when I noticed a cop car staring at me. The cops in the car were looking back and forth between the bike and their chipboard. Then the tall blonde one got out of the car and walked up to us.

"Young man whose bike is this?"

"Umm…um…" Matt and I both mumbled.

"Young man a motorcycle matching this description and license plate was reported stolen."

All we could say was "Um…um…"

I started to run but he caught by the arm.

"You are under arrest."

%%%%

I called Tony from the police station. He was mad. Very mad.

"That was stupid stud you pulled. You could killed someone?" He yelled.

"I didn't." I shrugged.

"But what if you had, what if you gotten one of you hurt." He bit.

"But I didn't." I smirked.

"We were sorry Mr. Donovan." Matt cried out form the bench.

I heard Tony goaned, "And the worset part is that you got him involved. Okay, I'm on my way to pick you two. Then you and I are gotta have a serious talk."

He was fucking pissed. But I couldn't blame him. Shit, why I did do this to him.

I hung up and sat down.

"Are we going to jail?" Matt panicked. He had been freaking out ever since the arrest. "Please tell me we not going to jail, cause I wouldn't make it in prison."

I chuckled. He was right that he wouldn't make in prison. He's too much of an organized clean freak. And he would end up someone's wife in five seconds.

I took his hand, "Were not going to jail. Tony won't do that. But I'm going to be in a lot of trouble."

He tighten our hands, "It's going to be okay, Mr. Donovan just needs to blow off some steam."

I closed my eyes and took a breath.

I opened them again to I saw the man who was walking in. I thought I was dreaming.

"That couldn't be him could it?" Matt whispered.

That beer gut. That mixture of brown and gray hair. Those blue eyes.

"Dad?" I called out.

He turned around "Jimmy" he chuckled.

He looked sober. Good.

"Dad, what are you doing here?"

He patted me on the back and laughed, "I think the bigger question is what you're doing here."

He waved over at Matt.

Mac waved back, "Hey Mr. Hunter."

"So you got this boy in trouble too, uh?"

We sat down in the bench together.

"So dad it's been a long time…you look good."

"Well right back at you. Wow, how long has it been?"

"Two years. Two years."

He nodded to the floor, "Wow, boy dose time passed."

"So have you found mom?"

"Well no son."

"So how long are you going to keep chasing after her?"

He took a breath, "I don't know."

"It's been two years." I smirked.

He nodded.

I stood up, "Dad I was thinking…why you don't stay around here?"

"Why?" He smirked.

"For me." I begged in protest.

"Tony is the best place for you."

"It's a good place dad. But...you know."

He shook his head, "I don't know."

He shifted his eyes for a little bit.

Then he hugged me.

My dad was hugging me. It made me think that he had really changed. It made me think things were going to be okay.

"Bud Hunter?" Donovan's voice called out.

"Hey teach, I was on my way to your place and got busted."

Donovan rolled his eyes, "So who's bailing you out?"

"Thanks." dad smiled "I got to get out of here so that I can take care of my boy."

Donovan looked at me confused, "What?"

"I'm stayin. Me and my boy are moving back in to the projects." Dad cheered.

Donovan was still confuesed, "That's good?"

"Hey dad can I talk to Tony alone for a minute?" I asked.

"Yea, sure." Dad nodded walking to other side of the room and started chatting with Matt.

"I can tell this is what you want Hunter...but are you sure it's safe?"

"Yea, he's really changed." I held out my hand, "Thanks, for everything."

He shook my hand, "Remember that I'm here for you if you need anything."

I reached out and hugged him.

%%%%%

I couldn't believe I was back in my broken down apartment.

I don't know if this was the best thing.

I don't know if this was the worst thing.

But I did know that this was unbelievable.

I sat down in the kitchen table.

The kitchen where I used to see my mom either putting on make-up or cleaning up beer bottles. Sitting here made it all come back to me. I hated my mom for leaving…but I still…I still felt so much love for her. I guess being Maria taught me that.

My dad sat down in another chair. "How you doin boy?"

I slowly nodded, "I don't really know right now." I looked over at the door. "Matt said he would come over later. Luckily his parents didn't get too mad."

"I'm tellin you Jimmy that boy right there is one of few great people you meet in life."

"You really think that Dad?"

He laughed, "Yup. If he was a young lady I would tell you do marry him."

I just faked a laugh. I just got him back, I wasn't going to push my luck.

Copyright © 2015 Another Gay Writer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..