Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

It Wasn't Me - 27. Ch. 27 Make-up was ruined

"You kissed him?" He wouldn't look at me, "Well I think it was more like he kissed me...What am I going to do?" I put my hands on my temples, "So you...like him? Larry?" He shook his head, "No, not like that. I mean he's okay, but it wasn't like that. It just happened...and...it felt.." "Good?" I guessed. He looked at the floor and blinked, "It conformed everything that I've been trying to ignore for half my life." I nodded. I knew I would eventually have to tell him. But looking at Matt, it didn't feel the right moment. %%%% Matt didn't want to talk about it on the way home. He just sat next to Alfreda on the school bus in silence. I would see her looking over at me a few times. But I just opened a book and looked away. %%%% The day after there was banging on my door. It was Alfreda standing there with black lines running down her face. Her make-up was ruined. "Did you know?" she screamed. "What?" I asked. "Matt kissed Larry." Oh Shit. I nodded, "Yea." She started crying again. I motioned for her to come in. She sat down on the couch. She squeezed my arm as I sat down next to her. "What happened?" I asked. "Matt just told me." She cried. I bit my lip and closed my eyes. "I'm sorry…I…I don't know what to say." "I'm not shocked that he kissed a guy." "You're not?" "I kind of always suspect he was attracted to boys." She shook her head, "We even tried to talk to about it couple of times. I could never directly ask him. I thought it ruined our relationship…and we had planned this big future together...and like him I wanted that so much that I tried to ignore it." I handed her a tissue box. She blew her nose and chuckled, "What I am shocked about is I always thought it would be with you." She stared up at me. The make-up was ruined, "I've known all along that you were gay. Ever since the film anyway." She was always a smart girl. Of course she would have figured me out. She took a breath, "I always thought if Matthew ever kissed a guy behind my back that it would be you." She placed her head on my shoulder, still looking up at me, "You would be worth it. You would've been worth us breaking up. Really James you would. If I caught you two, I wouldn't have thought of it as betrayal, I would have thought of it as love coming though." I wasn't going to tell her that I wished it was me too. "So what's next? What are we going to do now Alfreda?" She wiped her eyes, "For the first time in my life, I don't know the answer."

Copyright © 2015 Another Gay Writer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm not sure what to make of this story. I tried to make sense of a lot of things while reading this but I couldn't. There are so many logical mistakes (at least I think those are mistakes). I just mention a few that are still fresh in my mind.

- Jamie and Matts vacation at the police station (after the joyride). Hunter Sr. comes into play after being busted (which means he must have done something shady again) still Jamie says "he really has changed". I mean, 15 year old kids may not be the brightest cookies in the jar, but I sincerely doubt that they are that stupid.

- Matts confession AFTER Jamie blurts out to Shawna and the lobby full of his class mates that he is gay and he still says nothing to Matt himself?

- The movie project: Was this Shawn really convinced he's dating a girl? Seriously? The idea of the project is intriguing. That the three were able to pull it off, not so much.

Then it sometimes feels like the story is rushed in other parts, for example when Jamie meets his brother Jake by chance. He gets pissed back to Donovan, his father shows up and ta da Jake knocks at the door. How did he know the address in the first place?

Jake leaves and his teacher nudges him to talk to his brother and Jamie calls him right away. Where the heck did he get the phone number in the first place?

 

I won't go into the issues I have with understanding Jamies reactions in most of the situations in the first place. Most of the times they don't get explained and without explanation they just don't make any sense.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but at this point the story feels like a second rate soap and all the drama is just there for drama's sake, which in the end doesn't add up or serves any purpose. I think it would be a good idea to find someone who is willing to check the chapters for those kind of mistakes, as it is easy to lose the focus for such things as the writer. God knows I've done more than my share of it myself.

 

Overall I like the characters of Matthew and his parents and James. The english teacher is great okay, too, although I have my doubts that there would be teachers that take in a student, just due to legal issues.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..