Jump to content

Born Into Punishment

   (9 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, Romantic Paranormal

I've always run. I tried my best to stay in one place, but they find me. What kind of life should I live if I'm constantly threatened? It's not like I can do anything about it. Fate finds a way to force me onward. Well, my time in Chicago is over. I feel them coming. Now, where's my next stop?

Copyright © 2023 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 8
  • Feel-Good 10
  • Humor 9
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 9
  • World Building 7

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

WolfM

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

I wasn't sure what to expect from the title. Everything from dark imagery to my husband handing me a flogger while saying, "I've been bad," came to mind. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned husband. lol. This is a wonderful story with brilliant and likeable characters. Once again, @astone2292 shows his skills with the printed word and deserves a standing ovation.

Response from the author:

Aww! Thanks, Wolf!

I knew the title would raise a few eyebrows, and probably not in the best way. Still, I'm glad you read and enjoy it. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
drsawzall

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

The constant refrain is "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"...never was the situation ever more so true...a thoroughly delightful visit to Sin City often called Lost Wages...Read on!!!!

Response from the author:

Thanks for reading, Doc.

I love how there were two stories in the first anthology batch set in Vegas, both adhering to that golden rule. 

  • Love 6
Link to review
Bill W

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

If you're looking for a story with intriguing characters and an unusual and enjoyable take on characters that you might have seen referenced in the Bible (angels, demons, and nephilims), then this story is for you.  @astone2292 gives us a highly entertaining look into a world were those groups might interact, but not as you might expect, and when you finish reading this short story, you will be left wanting more.   You won't regret taking the time to read this story.  

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Bill!

Always happy to see your comments and reviews. Glad you enjoyed this little tale. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
kbois

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Aaron has created a world where humans are the lowly, angels are the pretentious holier-than-thou, demons are the mischief makers and then there's Pelly. Caught in the middle, he's just trying to keep his head down and lay low. Until he hits the City of Sin. 

Head on into this tale with eyes and ears wide open. Aaron gives a wonderful glimpse into a world beyond our own. The humor alone is worth the read. 

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, K!

Always happy to make you snort and guffaw. 

  • Love 4
  • Haha 2
Link to review
Dan South

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

I initially avoided this story simply because of the title. My mistake. Though the early pages come with darkness, both figurative and literal, surprises are waiting deeper in. No better setting for dark and light, sin and grace than Las Vegas. I will return to this story many times. Truly exceptional. I should have ignored the title and divided right in because this is Aaron Stone and he never disappoints.
 

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Dan!

Lol, some of my titles don't match the story content, but "Born Into Punishment" was the best thing that came to mind. 

Keep your peepers open for more anthology submissions in the coming weeks. 

  • Love 5
Link to review
Tim Hobson

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

The characters are angels, demons, and those undefined beings from the Hebrew scriptures, the Nephilim. While there is no definitive theological explanation for them, the author follows a brief passage in Genesis and suggests that they are the offspring of angels and humans, and that their descendants still exist and live among us. Hence, our protagonist. Add in supernatural powers, immortality, relentless pursuit by angels who want to destroy him, and finding himself in the hotbed of demons, Sin City, and you have the ingredients for a delightful and erotic story--one which cries out for more episodes and adventures. Well worth the read, but be sure to leave the author a comment begging for more!

Response from the author:

Thanks for this gorgeous review, Tim!

Like, damn! This was a fantastic and well-worded review. I'm sure I'll revisit Peliel, Sydemus, and Vaathu at some point [when I'm not swamped with other WIPs]. 

  • Love 5
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a delightful story.  It is one which keeps surprising as it progresses, and helps see some traditions from a different angle.

The story is both complete in itself and wide open for sequels  Great job, Aaron!

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Paul! Greatly appreciate it!

  • Love 3
Link to review
Headstall

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Two thumbs up. We all need a little magic in our lives, and Aaron delivers in this tale. Beautifully crafted with great skill, it gives us a glimpse into a dynamic world that tickles our imaginations as it leaves us satisfied. Read this!

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review, Gary!

Happy I could tickle your imagination. Not sure if I've ever done that to someone before. Maybe Noah, at some point in our marriage LOL!

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

· Edited by raven1

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This story is a delightful, mischievous frolic in Sin City.  The unique and demonic characters are fun and full of razor-sharp humour. You'll learn why Las Vegas is less than angelic.  I was compelled to read this three times before risking a comment.  This is a naughty nighttime read.  You should definitely read this tale.

Response from the author:

Lol. Naughty nighttime reads... Sounds like it should be a collection of mine for short, random, sexual escapades. Putting a sticky note on my desk for that. 

Thanks for the review, Raven! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..