Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 1,354 Words
  • 1,102 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales That Toby Tell - 11. Revealed

#Cliffhanger #TheKiss #Where'sJosh #BarricadeBoy #REVEALED

"Toby honey wake up!" I rolled over in my bed as I heard my mother calling me to start the day. It's the first day of school since the December holidays and I was not looking forward to it.

"Morning mom" I mumbled when I finished my shower and went down to have breakfast. My mother stood next to me as I ate.

"Did you do all your assignments in the holidays?" she asked

"Yes Mom" I said

"Are you well rested?" she asked

"I am" I said

"How's Josh?" she asked

"Perfectly fine Ma" I said

"I suppose you can't say the same about Connor?" she asked

I couldn't answer her. I finished my breakfast and left but not before my mother had her last word. "You know, alienating your one closest friend won't do you any good Toby" As I walked to school I played her words over and over. She was right, I had known, but I was making things right with my best friend.

The Edenville High gates greeted me and surprisingly so did Connor. He was dressed in a red shirt that was unbuttoned and he had a white vest on underneath with a pair of dark jeans. He waved at me and I smiled back. "You look good" I said and Connor brushed it of. "Who's it for?" I asked and Connor told me. "Well I can't say. Who knows. The person might not have noticed me" Connor said with a confident tone. "Say when's your boyfriend showing up? He hasn't arrived" Connor surprised me there and I told him that he is obviously late as I looked to see his car in the parking spaces he always frequented. "Let's go inside" Connor suggested and I agreed thinking to myself that Josh doesn't need me to wait for him right?

Walking down the halls with Connor I felt somewhat funny. I noticed some people staring at me and Connor so I decided to walk a few inches away from him but he stopped me. "What's wrong?" he asked surprised. "Did you see how they stared? If they were all superman I would have holes burnt through me!" I said. This didn't seem to effect Connor. "I thought you are okay with being gay" he said with a hint of disappointment. "They probably thought you are my boyfriend!" I said and Connor laughed "So? what's wrong with that?" Connor's aloofness was surprising me. "You don't understand" I said. Connor straightened himself "But don't you see Toby? I do!.." I was listening to Connor when my eyes shot passed him. "Josh!" I cried out and he got a surprised look on his face. My enthusiasm got a little carried away.P>.

"How rude of you to abandon your conversation like that" Josh teased and I looked over to where Connor stood. He was gone. "You screaming out at me like a teen girl who just met a popstar. That isn't what I expected. I'm not complaining though. Does this mean I get to show you off now?" Josh spoke knowing that what he said was just wishful thinking. We parted ways as we walked off to class.

I was sitting in the gym for my last period. I had PT and we were waiting for our teacher who was always late. That's when I made a mistake. One of the guys had walked in with no shirt on and a glanced. Just for one sec! Honestly... I wouldn't lie. Obviously it felt like forever. "What you looking at?" I got up quickly and walked to the exit. Luckily there was just a few kids because knowing the teacher would be late, they had to be late too. I nearly made it out when I felt a massive hit to my head and my feet crumbled beneath me. What came next I don't remember all too well. I remember laying on my side and I saw the basketball that hit my head menacingly bouncing in front of me. I heard squeky footsteps coming towards me and I remember being flung around a few times till a blacked out.

"Wake up Toby" I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes to familiar surroundings. I was in my bedroom and you know what came next. I turned to my burger alarm to check the time. "Its 5 Toby" the voice said. I rubbed my eyes and before me sat Connor. "Where is Josh" I asked and he replied "I don't know!". "You are angry" I said and Connor remained silent for a while before speaking. "That prick won't be messing with you. I took care of him" he said and I was a bit confused. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "You don't remember getting the shit beat out of you at school? man your tough" I laughed as memory of the day slowly filled my.mind. "Josh couldn't be here. I told him you'll call when you wake up" Connor said and I replied with an "ah-huh"

Minutes passed as it turned into hours as I fell in and out of sleep while Connor sat at a distance conversing with me when I woke. He was different today. He was soft and not any urgency came from him. My final nap went on till 8pm when Connor woke me. Kneeling in front of my bed he spoke "Listen buddy. I have to go but I sent a Josh a text asking if he could come check on you" I laughed and mumbled "You have Josh's number?" and he sighed rolling his eyes jokingly as he backed out of the door.

I waited and waited. It turned to 10PM and just about a few minutes ago I thought to myself how Josh is the kind of guy that would take a two hour drive at night to go see his boyfriend who got beat up at school. As time passed that thought slowly slipped away as untrue. I tried to get out of my bed but stabbing pains came from my side and so did a defeaning sound come from my mouth. The pain was too much. My parents must have heard me because they came rushing in "God Toby you are not supposed to get out!" my dad yelled as he slowly placed me back in my bed. "What am I supposed to do? I can't sleep. I've been sleeping all day and..." my mother interrupted me "Here take this" she shoved benny, my laptop onto me. "Write something, chat, go look at porn, but whatever you do, DON'T GET OUT OF BED!" mom yelled and she scared me as she left the room. Dad remained silent and I heard mom shout "Adam". My dad had a huge smirk on his face and I said "Oh!" dad nodded and said softly "We'll talk about what happened in the morning" and he left while I shouted "I don't want another sibling!"

Ever since I've been telling you this, the one and only thing I've ever done on my laptop was go to CyberCloset. Trust me I do do other stuff aswel but that isn't important. "Ploop" I heard as a message from BarricadeBoy showed up.

BarricadeBoy: Glaaaaad to see you!

BarricadeBoy: Well maybe Not THAT glad LOL...

DarkSpider: Howcome your always online. Don't you have a barricade to protect?

BarricadeBoy: Haha funny!...no... I live here o_O

DarkSpider: That's just bad!

BarricadeBoy: But you know what isn't? Kissing you. Now that wasn't bad at all!

DarkSpider: What?

BarricadeBoy: Yes Spidey, I was the one who kissed you at the new years party and I don't regret it at all.

A funny thing happens to your body when something that you can't explain to yourself occurs. You kind of freeze and stare into a direction or at an object, in my situation I was looking at the dead of night and my lips dried. I felt my heart pumping blood like it was running a race. A funny thing happens to your body when you know your in a shitty situation.

Hope you enjoy it
Copyright © 2014 BarricadeBoy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..