Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 2,596 Words
  • 1,671 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales That Toby Tell - 6. Eye Candy

In this chapter Toby faces a new challenge. His fear of people knowing what's happening between him and Josh as he gets ready for the Christmas holiday. Toby also learns more about Josh as they share an afternoon together in a secluded area.

My door swung open and Josh and I quickly moved apart from each other. There stood Connor. Boy did he look confused? disgusted? I wasn't sure because I felt so silly and so overcome at that moment. Surprisingly he spoke. "I didn't know you would have somebody over. I am so sorry for intruding" He was about to leave when Josh intervened. "No, please. Toby is your friend too. Stay, I will leave." Connor looked at me and answered "Fine". Josh got off my bed and put on his sneakers before walking out. He stopped halfway- just in front of Connor and and turned walking back towards me. He gave me a kiss on my cheak and left this time.

Connor shut the door and said in a rather arrogant tone "What? is he marking his territory or something? He think I'm into you? Into guys? the damn cheek! who the hell he think he is?!" I just gave him a blank stare before I spoke up. "You say you want to talk about the gay thing yet you seem so disgusted by it"

Connor now had his arms folded to his chest and said "I am not! Excuse me but I just found out my best friend is gay and I didn't expect he would be doing the first gay guy he knew" I felt offended so I got off of my bed and stood right in front of him. "You have no right to say that! Josh and I... we aren't doing that" Connor then walked over to my bed and layed himself down with his hands behind his back. I walked over to sit beside him and I said sarcastically "Are you here to catch another nap sleeping beauty" he didn't look at me but he spoke. "No Toby believe it or not I'm concerned. People like you have a tough time in high school and after that too" his words didn't shock me just the part that he had concern.

I gave him a smile "I'll be fine. I'm not planning on telling anybody else. I know you won't either Con" I said while doing something I wasn't aware of- I was buttoning up his shirt. He laughed it off and I apologised. He said it's fine and I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride. We both grinned at the idea.

We spent the rest of the day driving around and admiring the sites. When I dropt him off, Connor was a bit reluctant to get out. We stared at the house that only had one of its rooms lit. Connor gave a sigh and said "Night Tobe" I greeted him and he left. I notice how he didn't immediately open the door but after he did, I drove home.

When I arrived mom had already sat the table so I joined my parents for dinner and we did the chit chat thing until my mom mentioned Josh. She said "Soooo... Toby who was that Josh boy who was over today? he is adorable are you guys...?" My jaw dropped and my dad looked at me. "Boy?... what boy is she talking about? is it the one who was at the door yesterday?" he said a bit concerned. I felt uncomfortable at the table but I knew keeping my parents out would be a bad idea so I came clean. "Yeah dad... he is a friend, he is gay and he popped in briefly today" My dad seemed pleased so I continued. "His name is Josh Hamilton, he plays quarterback for the school... wait no he got demoted because he is gay" My mom gasped and said in a lived tone "They can't do that!" I explained to her the situation "... and so yes I can't say that it's because he is gay but I know that's why... assholes" My dad spoke "You can't just make assumptions like that Toby. But I think I know Josh's Dad" that was random so I questioned him. "How?" My dad told me that he had sold their beach house last year- apparently Josh had a party that got out of control and his dad was furious. "That doesn't sound like Josh" I said with speculation. I got a feeling my dad had gotten a bad impression about Josh before meeting him officially. I was fuming until my dad started to laugh. He playfully poked his fork into my arm and said in that baby talk voice "Awwww is somebody sad because his dad might not like his boyfriend?" he looked eager for an answer and I said in a tired voice "He is not my boyfriend"

The rest of the dinner went smoothly. I was in the shower and the hot and cold water was running down my body. It felt good and my hands started to travel. I thought about what kissing Josh and what could have happened if we went further. The excitement exploded from within me and I watched it run in circles before going down the drain. Still elevated I walked into my room- my towel draped around my waist. I looked into the mirror and ran my hands over my chest. I let the towel fall and walked over to my bed.

Laying on my back I thought about everything that has happened. Had things gotten worse or better? I mean Josh and I. I think we are pretty good but something is off with Connor. I suddenly had a rush through me. Maybe, just maybe he is interested in someone? That explains his change right? He is obviously going through something too. How could I have been so stupid! I've been such a bad friend for not asking or showing any real interest in him.

The week passed and I did not speak to Josh. I had a feeling this would be a weekend thing but that was best I suppose. It was Friday and Con and I were having lunch when Josh walked through the cafeteria doors. He didn't notice me but I felt happy to see him. Connor looked up and said "I can't believe you like that asshole" I felt hurt at his remark and walked off. Tomorrow would be Christmas and I thought about the gift I got him so I turned back and invited him to dinner. I was angry at him but I wanted to show him I'm better than that and I was hoping that he'd apologies. He just sat there looking pissed. I'm not even sure if he would be coming.

I floated through the day and when the bell rang I couldn't wait to get away. Two weeks at home doing nothing. Everyone ran out excited. It's Christmas butt most of these students will be hanging out at beaches and having parties. Nine months from now they will be parents. I walked down the stairs and searched my pockets for my keys when I realised I didn't drive to school today. Walking was refreshing and I could get a little bit of exercise. A figure stopped in front of me. It was Josh again. "Hi. I'm glad I caught you Toby. It's been a while and I have missed you so much" Josh had a longing look on his face. He stood incredibly close to me and I felt uncomfortable. I looked passed him and I noticed a few guys staring. Josh picked up on it and turned around to see what I was looking at. He looked back at me and spoke. "I'm sorry Tobe, I know you aren't comfortable with the idea of being so close at school... I wanted to give you something". This was getting to much. "Hey Josh can we go to your car. I really don't like how those guys are looking at us" Josh looked confused and said "Well Toby I don't think that would make any difference". At this point I was nervous and Josh picked up on it. He took me to his car and I heard laughter. As I got in the car I caught a glimpse of the three jocks laughing and looking at us. They were three of Josh's team mates. I felt absolutely mortified.

After a while of driving I realised Josh wasn't taking me home- we were driving on a lengthy road that was mildly covered in snow. On each side of the road stood rows of tall trees. We came to a stand still. Josh spoke as soon as we stopped. "Wasn't planning on this but I didn't wanto take you home just yet... Sorry for being selfish" He got out and asked me to stay. A few seconds later a jumped a bit because he opened my door and it scared me a little. I got out and he handed me a jacket. "You aren't exactly dressed for the weather but luckily I had this in the back" I put it on and it fit me almost perfectly. Josh just had longer arms and he was a bit broader then me.

We walked passed the car and into a downwards path leading into the woods. I could see a small cabin and this scared me. Josh brought me here to be alone... A secluded place ment only one thing and that was sex. I didn't picture Josh being so eager to get it over with. I must admit I felt a little sad. We stopped and he told me to stay and he walked up to the cabin. When he knocked I was a bit surprised even more because an elderly woman emerged. Now they spoke and Josh pointed at me, they both looked at me which freaked me a bit and then the lady placed her hand on Josh's shoulder. She was smiling and he was blushing from what I saw. She went inside and Josh was waiting. She emerged again with a basket and a blanket. They greeted with a hug and Josh walked back to me.

My heart jumped as I realised what was happening. I felt giddy again. Josh lead me further into the woods and soon there was an opening and right in the middle stood a fountain that was circular and had edges you could sit on. There was little traces of snow everywhere and Josh and I laid the blanket down right in front of the fountain.

After setting up we laid ourselves down and josh lowered himself to puts his head on my chest. We didn't speak a word. There was a basket of food and I tried taking something out to eat but Josh completely ignored it. He just wanted to lay and I couldn't really move. After a while he pulled himself up. "I love the quietness. I swear one day I'm going to get a cabin out here" I looked him in his eyes and continued the conversation. "Wait Josh.. This wasn't a last minute thing was it? You planned it?" Josh blushed and gave a smile. "SURPRISE... yeah...Toby I planned this. I wanted to do something special before Christmas because I wasn't sure if I would be seeing you" For a moment I thought of how romantic Josh was, something that is far too overlooked these days. Josh then reached behind him and took out some snacks. I was expecting something more wholesome but it wasn't.

"Ok! We have chocolates, sweets, lollipops and.... Uh I don't know what this is" he said as he placed everything between us. Josh started to tear some of the treats open as he gobbled them down he spoke. "I could never eat this at home or school" he had to swallow before he could continue. "Dad watches me like a hawk, mom is a health freak and at school I got to look good... I hate working out but I can't be out of shape for football... What bout you Toby?"

I watched how Josh seemed to have taken to a childlike nature while "eating" his candy. Again I was surprised by this complicated figure in front of me, complicated to his world but I think he is just special, special to me. I answered that I rarely have candy and that I'm more of a junk food guy. Cuddling for hours with Josh felt like seconds, so quickly the sky turned dark and the air around us became cold.

It was just after 5 pm and we started to pack up but Josh said he isn't finished yet. He took my hand and lead me to the fountain where we sat and watched the sun slowly drop behind distant hills. I looked to Josh and said. "This place its special to you isn't it?" Josh was still staring at the sun but a smile came across his face. "Until Today no, not to me... This is where my dad brought my mom on their first date"

I couldn't help but smile. "Today has been absolutely perfect" I said as I stood up in front of Josh he was now looking up to me. He put his hands around my waiste and I leaned down to kiss him. It was powerful and after that I pulled Josh into my chest. I began to speak after we pulled away. "My parents must be worried. We better get going if that's okay Josh" For some reason he had a strange look on his face as he spoke. "No they aren't" This confused me. "What do yoy u mean?" I asked. Josh immediately spoke."I went there this morning...your dad said it was fine and your mom said I could come to the Christmas dinner" WAIT WHAT? I spoke "Wait you said you brought me here because you were afraid you weren't going to see me this weekend" Josh's face lit up as he enthusiastically shouted again, "SURPRISE!" We didn't say much on our walk to the car but between us another language spoke in silence. A feeling I'm not sure how to describe.

It was just before eight when Josh dropped me at home and I quickly made my way inside. My mom and dad were in front of the tv and I tried to quietly go upstairs. All I heard was my dad saying "Ah-ah. Come here Mr." I turned and stifly walked into the living room. My parents looked at me like I was a bride walking down the isle.It was awful. I sat across them with a table separating us from each other. My mother spoke first. "How was it? And why on earth or you covered in snow" she was referring to the traces of snow on my sholders and back. Before I could answer, my dad jumped in and jokingly said "Because Jack took him to Snow Back Mountain" My mother didn't laugh as she corrected him. "For goodness sake Adam it's Josh and that's just silly" My mother was trying to hide an obvious smile. She found my dads jokes whether bad or not, really, really funny. I took a look at the situation and then I let go.

"It was great. Who would have thought I'm such a great kisser. Which one of you am I to thank for that?"

My mother's blushing face dropped down as my dad burst out laughing. In that moment I felt lucky. Nothing could break my bond with my family and nothing could come between me and Josh. Not for the next few weeks at least.

As always what did you think? and sorry this took a while!
Copyright © 2014 BarricadeBoy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Snow Back Mountain! How funny. The boys are making progress, but how is it going to be for them out in the public eye? :great: Great chapter

Link to comment
On 01/02/2014 02:15 AM, joann414 said:
Snow Back Mountain! How funny. The boys are making progress, but how is it going to be for them out in the public eye? :great: Great chapter
Thanks for your support! Sorry if you read the unedited version, I didn't expect them to upload the story so quickly, usually I wait a day and to ur question Toby doesn't want people to know. sorry if it says I reported ur comment. I pressed the wrong button!
Link to comment
On 01/02/2014 02:15 AM, joann414 said:
Snow Back Mountain! How funny. The boys are making progress, but how is it going to be for them out in the public eye? :great: Great chapter
Thanks for your support! Sorry if you read the unedited version, I didn't expect them to upload the story so quickly, usually I wait a day and to ur question Toby doesn't want people to know. sorry if it says I reported ur comment. I pressed the wrong button!
Link to comment

I got the Jack Ennis reference to "Snowback Mountain". lol I still cry when I think of that movie.

 

Josh is really romantic, I'll give him that. =) I was wondering about Connor though.

Link to comment
On 01/02/2014 06:55 AM, Lisa said:
I got the Jack Ennis reference to "Snowback Mountain". lol I still cry when I think of that movie.

 

Josh is really romantic, I'll give him that. =) I was wondering about Connor though.

lol I have never actually heard of Jack Ennis? funny cuz Toby's dad called Josh Jack lol!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..