Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 1,995 Words
  • 1,192 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales That Toby Tell - 10. A Kiss From A Stranger

Toby and Josh attend the Hamilton's annual New Years Party.they successfully sneak in but Toby is side tracked by a mysterious figure. Who on earth could it be?

It's the 31st of December and I'm laying on my bed still daydreaming about what happened with Josh a few nights ago. I also thought how in a week's time I'll be back at school and how I would have to carefully handle things. Then it hit me. I haven't spoken to barricadeboy in a long time. He must have moved on from our brief friendship but I had to make sure.

As I went online the notifications were too much to read so I deleted every one except those from BarricadeBoy.

BarricadeBoy: Merry Christmas Spiday

Barricade: Hey your on but your ignoring me :'(

That must have been the day I left with Josh. I immediately tried to send him a message but he was online and got to me first.

BarricadeBoy: Say Something. Please.

DarkSpider: I'm so sorry. I've had bit of a dramatic December.

BarricadeBoy: That's fine! You are here now, that matters! What are you doing for tonight? I'm going to this party and maybe you can tag along?

Reading his invitation made me realise how dapper or just plain naive he is and knowing I had to decline made it worse.

DarkSpider: I can't. My... Boyfriend already invited me to a party. At his parents house. It's going to be a masquerade so hopefully his parents won't notice me.

BarricadeBoy: That's a bit stupid don't you think?

DarkSpider: No I don't think it's stupid. If anything it's romantic and brave. He is risking himself and our relationship by inviting me. I have to go and get ready. See you later Connor!

Yes I know I referred to this stranger as Connor. He just reminded me of Connor and for a moment I thought I was talking to my friend... Suddenly I started to tear up and began speaking to myself. "I miss him so much" I looked at the burger clock. "5PM... I can do it!" The party started at 8 and I knew I could speak to Connor before going.

I sped out of the house and ran. I ran down the street forgetting that I could have just jumped in my car. Connor doesn't live that far but I still had a lot of things to do. The sun was slowly starting to set as soon as I made Connor's street. I saw the blond boy entering his house and I shouted at the top of my lungs "CONNOR DEAN!" and it worked. He walked up to me as he probably noticed how sweaty and out of breath I was. "What are you doing here Toby?" he asked as I tried to collect my breath "I just" I lifted my head "I just missed you a lot" I said trying to hold back tears. It must have worked because Connor just swung his arms around me and hugged me tight. He didn't stop until I spoke. "You smell nice...I can't breath" and he backed away. "What was that for?" I asked and Connor looked a bit shy. "I missed you too. I'm sorry that I let my dislike for your boyfriend come between our friendship. It won't happen again" Connor said with an unfamiliar glare in his eyes. He said he had to get ready for a party too and he went back inside and I jogged back home.

I quickly got dressed in my black tux and took my mask in hand. It was nothing fancy but it covered my whole face which was the main objective. I got into my car and drove off. At least an hour's drive and I'll make the party just in time. As I drove I heard my phone buzzing but I know better then picking it up while driving. I finally made Josh's street. "Oh wow" I said in amazement. People were walking up in their costumes and the house looked magnificent sitting on the hill. The bright lights shown and all you could see was cars parked and people holding up masks. It looked like a fairytale.

I nervously walked up to the house and tried to blend in. But I stopped in my tracks when I saw people checking in. I had to turn around and that's when Josh stopped me. "Your not getting in that easily Toby. I tried calling you" he said smiling at me. "Put on your mask people will see you" I said but Josh just laughed. "I'm not the one who's gate crashing, you are!" he joked and I rolled my eyes. "Come... And don't say anything..." Josh said and I became nervous.

"Name?" said the guy at the door. And Josh said "He's with me" Josh said but it didn't work "He can't enter if his name isn't on the list Mr Hamilton" the guy said. I looked down at my feet when I suddenly heard Josh say "Is his name on the list now?" I looked up and Josh was waving money at the guy. "Only this once!" And we were in. "Wow" I said again as we entered. "Your mother has outdone herself Josh-" I said but Josh wasn't with me. "Where'd you go Josh" I whispered as I made my way through the crowed of people. I don't even know how to find his bedroom. I began to panic and contemplated going back out but a girl in a red dress stopped me.

"Clarice... 18...you?" she said and I didn't know what to say. "Tongue tied? I can help with that... How do you know the Hamilton's? Are you a rich relative?" Now I don't need to tell you how people like this disgusted me. "No I'm just a friend" I said nervously. "Rich friend?" she asked and I said no. She scanned me up and down and I wish I could read her mind. "Kay you look hot soo..." and with that she shoved me into a wall with people all around us. The girl was going for it. I was stunned into paralysis. She pressed her hands over my crotch and tried yanking my belt. I felt bad. At that moment I thought, okay do I throw up on her or do I scream for help? But just then I was taken out of my misery "Toby what are you doing?" it was Josh. "Help me please" I uttered pointing to the girl. "Oh!" Josh said. "Get off him!" he grabbed the girl and asked the doorman to throw her out.

"Why did you leave me?" I asked and Josh pulled me aside "Listen I think my mom knows you are here. We're screwed". Josh's voice was barely audible. "Not necessarily" I said and Josh looked at me hopefully. "For one nigh we can be someone else. We don't have to be ourselves. We can walk into that ballroom and dance together and no one will know" I said trying to cheer Josh up. "I can't help but think your being naive Toby. Two guys dancing?... I think they'll know it's me but that's fine. I just can't risk exposing you" Josh's words snapped me back to reality. "Your right" I said giving in to him.

It's 11:40 PM and everybody was gathering around waiting for the new years count down. Josh and I had been moving around as he secritively showed me around the house. I must admit, they knew how to throw a grand party. I was at the back of the crowed where Josh's mother and father was now thanking everybody who was attending their party and they also singled out a few guests. Josh sneaked next to me quietly trying to look as if he were a stranger. "This party is so boring" he whispered to me and I laughed. "Be right back!" he said and I saw him dashing off to the main house. I looked at my watch and realised there was just five minutes left. Obviously my watch was wrong because I suddenly heard Josh's mom start chanting "10...9...8" I began to panic. I wanted to be at Josh's side when the new year officially started."3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!" everybody shouted as balloons and confetti started falling from the ceiling. People kissed and hugged each other. That's when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around closing my eyes ready for Josh to kiss me!

Nothing happened and I opened up my eyes. In front of me stood a figure I just couldn't make out. He wore a black suit and his face was completely covered with his mask that was somewhat sparkling. "Hello... Are you lost?" I asked and the figure just slowly shook his head "no". I think I heard him laugh from under his mask and he rolled up revealing his chin and mouth. He moved closer and placed his finger against his lips "shhhhh" he said and he went in for it. He kissed me. He wasn't invading but modest as if he had a boundary. I wanted to stop but I was shocked. He slid his tongue in and I felt my stomach stirring. Before I could push him away he broke the kiss. He looked down at me and I tried to see his eyes but they now shot passed me. He was looking at something else and I turned. Obviously it was Josh and I could feel my party treats moving up my throat. Josh had his mask in his hand and he furiously made his way towards me. I turned but the guy was gone. Josh almost pushed me out of the way, he decided to go after the guy. I followed him.

I ran after Josh as he made his way to the front door. When I made it I saw Josh running towards the main gate. Just on the other side was the guy running downhill. For some reason Josh couldn't open the gate. I froze. "Who was that?!" Josh yelled as he walked up to me. "I don't know! He just-" "I know what he did! What I don't know is why you let him do that to you!" I wasn't listening to what he was saying, his voice was loud and I feared that he'd never talk to me again. "I'm sorry please it was nothing! He was probably some random stranger who probably wanted to kiss someone" Josh didn't say anything form a while but I think he believed me. "Your right. I'm being melodramatic. That guy freaked me though. What did he say to you?" I thought about it as Josh and I walked to the gate for no reason. "He...nothing. He said nothing" I said. "Toby?... You look a bit shook up. Do you want me to take you home ?" "Well you are already walking me to the gate" I jokingly said.

Josh showed me how it was too dark so he couldn't open the lock and how he was too angry and couldn't concentrate. I almost laughed at how he didn't want me to think he embarrassed himself in front of me. We got into the car and I sat in the passenger seat of my own car. I remember driving down the road and seeing lights and houses. I drifted off and Josh was left alone.

I woke up in my bed and my room was dark. For some reason my thoughts immediately jumped to that kiss and I touched my lips tenderly. And then I realised something, speaking out the words I said. "He smelled nice" and then I got the fright of my life. "You talking in your sleep Toby" I jumped and saw Josh laying on his stomach as he himself was half asleep. "What are you doing here" I whispered to Josh. He took a while to answer. "Who was going to take me home" he said and dozed of again. I layed back down and thought to myself, he smelled nice.

This one took long I know! Enjoy!
Copyright © 2014 BarricadeBoy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..