Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 1,290 Words
  • 971 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales That Toby Tell - 16. Sunday 26th, January 2014

The last day of Toby's camp with his family with a bit of shock and fear. When Toby's dad tells them that they had to leave because of a sudden ( .....) and Josh asks Toby if he (.......) . Connor also gets (.....) by his (.....)

The next morning I felt guilty waking up next to Josh. I had snuck in during the night but he hadn't been particularly inviting, so I initiated a spoon session but all it was was me staring at the back of his head while he was sleeping.

I quietly got out of his tent and just as I thought I was in the clear, my dad was sitting in the middle of camp next to the fire pit with his mug in his hand and a disappointed face. I sighed knowing what's coming next.

"I know what you are thinking dad but nothing happened." I said desperately not looking for a fight. Dad seemed to have a different idea "Infact, Josh and I already crossed that bridge. together" I said trying not to sound vain.

My words didn't cause my dad to flinch once but he spoke. "You're a smart kid Toby. Just promise me you won't let your feelings for someone overshadow what you want in life. It's okay to wait."

Is he not listening to me? I asked myself confused. I ahd just told him we had already done it and here he was telling me not to do it. I was thinking so much that a misjudged my dad's face. It wasn't disappointment but concern. "Dad what's the matter I asked?" He shook his head "no" and said nothing. He gave me an "Everything is okay" smile and walked off .

It was still early morning and everybody was asleep. I looked at the three tents that was still closed. For some reason I found myself walking to the one in the middle. My parent's tent. Unaware about my surroundings for a minute, I found myself actually knocking on the tent as if it was a door. "Mom? Are you in there?" I asked and waited for a few seconds. She finally opened up and had her hands raised as if the sun was blinding her but there wasn't even any sunshine. She laughed at her own silliness.

"What's the matter honey?" she asked me and I didn't know actually.

"Nothing mom... Well you've been quiet the whole time we've been here and I was wondering why." I lied. She had been quiet but I was way to occupied to have noticed so when she gave a sigh I knew I had actually asked a good question.

"Its just... this place Toby. Its special to me and your dad. Nobody has ever been here. Well we brought you when you where little but..."

My mom sounded so sad at first I thought she was being silly but then I thought about the Lake and how sacred it felt to Connor and me. "Mom no. You don't have to worry about that. Josh is like a son in law to you and Connor is like a brother to me. You haven't shared anything to anyone that you can't trust. I promise" I was relieved when a smile appeared on her face and we hugged for what felt like an eternity. This mother and son bonding then got broken up by two words.

"STORM COMING!"

I heard the words shrill from my dad's throat. "I went up into the woods and the campers informed me that there has been a warning for a possible storm heading this way" my dad said with both fear and excitement in his voice. "Gather everything! Start packing your tents guys!"

Everything happened so quick. My hands felt so robotic as it devoured my tent to nothing in a few minutes. I looked up to the far end and saw Connor in his pj's and slippers flailing and flopping around trying to get his tent down. I ran over to him but I felt my hand being grabbed.

"Come with me... please" Josh said and I was dumbfounded.

"To where?"I asked and he told me to go with him to the Lake. I made it clear to him that it was a bad idea but he was determined. Rain started to poor and he held out his hand.

"Fuck it" I said succumbing to him. We left everything behind and ran off. It was complete silence as we quickly made our way through the woods. Finally we reached the Lake.

"At last... we made it" Josh said out of breath. His hair was draped all over his face and he looked so beautiful. His vest clung to his torso and I forgot who he was for just a moment. "I need to ask you something really important Toby" he said looking down at me while I was still transfixed on his body.

"Anything. Shoot Josh"

"Do you see yourself married to me in about five... maybe ten years? This question blinseded me. Not that I didn't know the answer but rather how utterly ridiculous it seemed at that moment. Ridiculous in a good way.

Josh's eyes looked desperately on as I pondered for a minute. "Honestly. I don't think I couldn't think anything different Josh so Yes. Yes I do!"

I admit my excitement was a bit too much. It wasn't a marriage proposel. He wanted to be with me for the next ten years? In that moment I realised Josh isn't your average teenage boy. He wasn't even your average teenage gay boy. I gave him a massive hug and when I opened my eyes, Connor was starring at us.

"You guys done? We have to go" he tried to say without us knowing that he was practically peeing his pants out of fear.

When we got in the car, wet as ever but that didn't seem to matter. What mattered is that Connor was back to his moody self again. What did I do this time?

"Fuck!" I heard Connor say from the backseat. I looked at him and his eyes were full of tears. "I just realised I have nowhere to go" he said and I felt so sorry for him.

"You'll stay with me" I said like I had fixed all the problems in the world. Connor faked a smile which was good enough for me. The entire ride home I was either trading secret smiles with Josh or looking back at Connor. Pulling up to our driveway I felt all the tension leave my body and then I felt it enter me again. Connor's parents were waiting outside in their car and as soon as my mom and dad got out so did his parents.

"No way Toby I'm not going with them!" my friend yelled with undeniable fear. In that moment my heart broke as I watched Connor enter a state of extreme fear. He began to shiver and his eyes pleaded with me telling me to protect him.

I got out of the car and told Josh to take Connor somewhere but his dad was already at the door where Connor sat. Before I could do something, Mr Dean had flung Connor out of the car and took him by the back of his coat and walked him to his car. I thought my dad would intervene but nobody spoke. Utter shock sat on my parents faces. Before they drove away, Mr Dean turned around and while he pointed a finger at me and Josh he yelled, "And you Faggots! Stay away from my son!"

The car drove off passed us and I ran after it. "Connor! Bring him back!" but my legs failed me and I fell to the ground. Josh came to my aid and just like that my life had felt over. My friend had been brutally taken away from me and there was nothing I could do about it. Absolutely nothing.

This chapter took so long but I'm glad I finished it. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2014 BarricadeBoy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 04/14/2014 03:22 AM, fiedlerbob101 said:
not sure what happened but there is nothing here to read :( i love this story

 

Bob

sorry bob I don't know how this happened. any idea how I can delete this? I'll have a need chapter up in a few days okay?
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..