Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 1,433 Words
  • 1,915 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales That Toby Tell - 2. Sleepy Friends And Sneaky Plans

In this Chapter something unsuspected happens to Toby and he also feels concern towards Connor because of his strange behaviour.ENJOY

I had completely forgotten that my parents had gone on their annual camp with a bunch of friends they had known since high school. It was kind of cool that this is how they kept in touch with each other. "Oh yeah that's right" I said convincingly. "So...are you going to get dressed or are you ready for breakfasts?" Connor asked rather merely. It's amazing how his mood can change from annoyed to funny and cute. This time I raised a brow and said "Ill throw something on" I jogged back upstairs.

When I got to my bedroom my head was in a spazz. Why am I here again? I felt my cheeks burn. "Why am I blushing?" I thought. The tingly feeling traveled from my fingers to the *contents* of my underwear. "This can't be happening" I said ...Is my best friend Connor turning me on?

I quickly threw on some baggy pants and a hoody and ran downstairs. As I ascended, his voice mockingly said "There he is...A vision of perfection..or not" he let out a chuckled. He was obviously taken by my horrendous outfit.I sat down ignoring him and he immediately sat down a plate. "Bacon and eggs, fresh cut tomatoes and the best toast in London, cut in triangles because you like them that way" he said jokingly in an English accent. I wouldn't mind being in London right now I thought to myself.

A few minutes later and we were sitting across each other at the wooden kitchen table eating our breakfasts enthusiastically. I couldn't help but notice how eagerly Connor was eating his.He then caught me starring and gave a halfway smile before saying "I have table manners ...just didn't have dinner lastnight" I nodded and continued.

After our meal Connor left and I was alone and I realised what had happened the night before. He left before I had time to question him. I went up to my bedroom and changed a few stuff around. When I plopped down on my bed all sweaty I realised it was almost 10am so I got up to shower but all the moving had gotten my adrenaline going and I found myself out the door jogging to who knows where.

After 20 minutes I stopped and walked and I continued this for about 40 minutes till I reached the bay area. The sun was soaring but there wasn't a lot of people as I was walking uphill on the street and I glanced at the beach to my left and then at the luxurious hotels and restaurant areas to my right. I'd reach the sports hall pretty soon.It was basically an indoor hall that had different fields and equipment for a wide range of sport. Last year they made an actual football field too.I remember because Josh was on the promo posters in town. The Evelton high team was playing there for the launch of the new field.

That's when a women, a very large women walked right towards me dressed as a cartoony dinosaur and she walked right past me. It was so weird! My mouth gaped as I looked behind me but continued walking until I heard a very eep sounding SEXY voice."Shooting a movie " I turned towards the voice and infront of me stood a very gorgeous young man. He was tall, had dark hair and had a clipboard in his hand with an earpiece. He talked again. "As you can see the rest of the road is sealed off. We're getting ready for a marching band scene so you can't pass. Everything's already set up" he said with an uncomfortable smile. I interjected him. "But I took this route because my house is like 15 minutes away!....my shortcut!"

He just stared as my merciful pleading unphased him. He then spoke "Look kid I can just call secu----" somebody had stopped him. "Hey no need Nick I got this" the other person said.A big guy had spoken. Not really that big but his football uniform gave him a bigger appearance. Nick nodded and walked away. The guy stood infront of me as if he was waiting for me to thank him. He then shifted his legs and said "oh" and he took of his helmet. He swung his head to remove the hair that was hanging in his face. It was Josh.

OKAY THIS IS SUPER AWKWARD!

I couldn't open my mouth to speak so I guess Josh picked up on it. "You live on Fairmont street right? I can drop you?" Josh said. I nodded and he walked past me and I soon followed him to his sportscar.I think its a Farari but I wouldn't know anyway. It was black and had tinted windows and it was small but compact. He opened his side of the car and I got in the front passenger side. He didn't start the car and I knew he wanted to do some awkward chit-chatting before we left the parking lot.

I immediately jumped in. "Thanks Josh..uh what you doin on a movie set?" Josh looked up and smiled enthusiastically. "I'm an extra!" he said."They needed a football team so I came here and they made up a team. I got to be Quarterback even though it was not scripted. It felt so good" he said,sadness covered his words and it was even more so relevant because he was looking down at his feet now.

I didn't know what to say so I did what I do best. I kissed him. JUST KIDDING!I came up with a random topic that would steer away from him mentioning he is gay. That included not asking him why he doesn't play Quarterback for the school anymore.

"So where do you live ?" I asked. "Next town over ...It's an hour long drive every day. My dad went here though.He said they have the best football programme so it's worth it or so I thought" he said, still with a hint of sadness. God damn he had to mention football! I nodded and wanted to try and ask him something else but he started the engine.

The drive was smooth and quick.10 minutes and I found myself outside of our driveway. I thanked Josh and got out but not before he thanked me too for some reason and said he'd see me on Monday.I watched him drive off and that's when I saw Connor skating down the street right past Josh. He stared at the car while propelling his skateboard forward. He is so effortless when he does things. He does a lot. His talents include playing basketball (Only at home, he isn't big on sports at school) His obvious love for Cinema. He enjoys boxing too. He is sporty but in a careless non competitive way. Unless it comes down to a beat em up video game. He lives for his console!

I walked towards him and he jumped off his board, it was still going when I stopped it with my foot and got on and gave it a push, I did a flip trick and handed it to Connor. We had a kindof silent moment until he spoke. "Can we go up Toby" he said as if he knew he was going to lose a fight. I nodded and we went. I asked him to wait in my bedroom because I HAD to take a quick shower. As a dude with another dude in his bedroom, I took my clothes with me to insure no awkward moments if you know what I mean? Well long story short I didn't feel comfortable being naked infront of Connor and infront of any guy as a matter of fact! When I came back to my bedroom Connor was curled up in my blankets.

He was asleep again. It was around 1pm Saturday and he was bummed out? Is he using illegal substances? Why is Connor acting so weird? All these questions were running through my mind when I realised I was probably ovvereacting.So I decided to lay myself next to him as quietly as possible. He was in a curled up position while I was next to him on my back like a corps. I didn't make any rapid movements. I started to think about my day and about Josh... and after a while the sun was slowly starting to settle, I guess I daydreamed longer than I thought because it was already afternoon.Soon I found myself asleep.

Reviews Reviews Reviews! Please it keeps me motivated !
Copyright © 2014 BarricadeBoy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I like the underlying humor. It's like my life is crap and as hard as I try to complain about it, I can hear laughter. :P

Link to comment
On 08/10/2014 01:04 AM, Ben Highlander said:
"I didn't know what to say so I did what I do best. I kissed him. JUST KIDDING!I" super cute man... love it so far.
LOL . thanks for picking this story up :)
Link to comment

Oh man this is extraordinary! "I didn't know what to say so I did what I do best. I kissed him." I BELIEVED YOU and freaked out, until I got myself together, read the next sentence and thought "You got me there! ;) " Oh man let's see how many hours it takes me to read through the whole story. I have nothing scheduled for tomorrow. ;D

Link to comment
On 05/02/2015 09:17 AM, Scary said:
Oh man this is extraordinary! "I didn't know what to say so I did what I do best. I kissed him." I BELIEVED YOU and freaked out, until I got myself together, read the next sentence and thought "You got me there! ;) " Oh man let's see how many hours it takes me to read through the whole story. I have nothing scheduled for tomorrow. ;D
well u have a few chapters ahead of u, enjoy hehe
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..