Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 1,507 Words
  • 937 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales That Toby Tell - 20. The End is Looming

Josh And Toby venture into unknown territory in hopes of finding Connor while battling their own feeling towards each other. They finally meet "RM" and who knows? maybe Connor will be found.

Imagine it. One day you're an average teenager walking the halls of your school and everybody is fascinating about the school's biggest story: Popular Jock gets dragged out of the proverbial closet. At first you find it funny but then you realise. That could have been me. Imagine if you will, this jock befriended you and at the same time your best friend starts acting strange.

Your life is messed up. Starting something new with a boy that captured your attention and trying to figure out the strange behavior of your friend. Fast-forward a few months and you and jock boy had a tough time to the points where you broke up and your best friend actually stalked you online and dressed up as some masked maniac just to kiss you. He lied about everything. You had no idea he was even gay. Just imagine how you'd react if this was you?

That night Josh and I sat in disbelief. I heard Josh say "I'm going to twist his neck!" but we all know Josh wouldn't even if he is very much capable.

"We need to find him Josh" I said with my voice shaky like I was amidst a winter's storm.

Josh looked at me sincerely before he laid me down and tucked me in. "I promise I'll help you find him" Josh said.

Josh is the man of my dreams and yet here we were split from each other. "You don't have to sleep on the floor" I said hoping I'll get him to stay in bed with me.

"No I was actually going to go downstairs....couch" he said but I told him that it wasn't necessary. "This is kindof awkward for me Toby" he said about the idea of sleeping in bed with me.

"God damnit I want to feel you In bed with me Josh, okay?" I yelled out in longing.

"We're broken up remember?" Josh said with a childlike look on his face.

"For now..." I said and Josh dropped in bed. My attempt at trying to seduce Josh failed. And he wasn't feeling it at all. This whole thing seemed like a big mess.

The next day I went to school on auto-pilot. All I had to do was make it to 9pm so I could call RM. Josh and I decided to stay at his place seeing that his parents had went on a trip to give the news of their pregnancy to family that lived far.

9PM- I nervously dialed the bumbers. "....Connor?! You called? You finally called?! The husky yet boyish voice of a teenager answered excitedly.

"This is not Connor" I said and the boy immediately changed the subject.

"Oh! My bad. This is Riley speaking from the McConaughey family diner, how may I help you?"

Now I had to think. I could screw this up or work with it. "Yes I was wondering if you could tell me where I can find this diner?"

"Happily Sir. We are located in NorthPort right in the heart of the country side. Just look for our family estate. You can't miss it.

I thanked him and hanged up. "Do you know Northport? I asked Josh and he said it was a few miles from where he lived. We decided to take the trip in hopes that we'd find Connor. Knowing that Connor had not contacted Riley I knew we might not find him but it was our only solution.

At around eleven we made it and the place was full. Older men were watching sports and the boy in Connor's picture was sitting behind a counter mindlessly eating French fries.

"Hello Riley" I said and he looked up in shock.

"Who are you?" he asked looking guilty for some reason.

"We're friends of Connor" I said and his eyes widened.

"Are you the one who called? Is he here?" Riley asked aloud.

"Calm down...." I said "He isn't here but he ran away...we found your letters and hoped that you could help us" I asked almost crying at the fact that this boy could be our last chance.

"Maybe he's here?" the boy said "I don't know... he always said he wanted to live here"

"Were you his boyfriend?" I asked snapping at Riley. Don't get me wrong he seemed nice but time was of the essence.

"I don't think so... we met when he won this writing award and we were doing catering for the event...his speech was beautiful. I picked up that he was gay and...we met up everyday for a week until he went back home. He said he met someone new but I knew he lied. I had a girlfriend and that probably scared him off"

The boy was believing that Connor would one day return to him. "I will help you find him. Connor can't be far... where would he go?"

I wanted so badly to answer him but I couldn't. "Where can we find a motel or something? I asked feeling defeated already. My anger towards Connor grew but I did not want to be angry at him.

"You guys can stay with me for the night. You see those stairs? they lead up to my bedroom here on weekends. Go make yourselves comfy I just have to shut down the place. I thanked Riley and Josh and I went upstairs.

"I love this room" Josh whispered.

"Is it because it looks just like mine?" I asked and he flashed me a dubious smile.

"If it looks like your room I bet we can do the things we do in your room here too"

I was shocked at his suggestion and immediately brushed it off. Josh preceded to collapse on a bed in the corner and I noticed how he said "Ouch" in silence and had a painful look on his face.

"Serves you right you horny bastard!" I said.

"Geez Toby that really hurt!" he said as he pulled something from underneath the blanket. "It's a damn picture frame with Connor and Riley in it" he said still rubbing his back in pain.

"Shit did you break it?" I asked and he said no. "I have never seen Connor look so happy...so in love" I almost couldn't believe the words I just spoke.

"Those drunkards never know when to leave" I heard Riley say. He came to sit on the bed and he brought food. Fries and Fried chicked and Soft drinks. My happy stuff.

"These are so good. We should come here more often" Josh mumbled while eating. Riley sat cross legged at the foot of the bed seeming genuinely happy to have some company.

"You don't have a lot of friends Riley?" I asked somewhat feeling stupid that I did.

"Oh no I have a lot...just never spoken to two gay guys..."

"I have a feeling you have questions?" I asked nervously and his eyes lit up.

"What's gay sex like?"

I Didn't expect Riley to be so blunt. I struggled to find a decent way to answer him.

"Uhm we're not the best people to ask. We're kinda not gettin any" Josh interrupted. I felt embarrassed and I made sure to punch him where he hurt himself earlier.

"You guys seem happy?" Riley said in more of a question then a statement.

"We're going through a tough time right now..." Josh said in a sad tone. He's trying to make me look bad? I guess I had it coming. Riley and I blew up a mattress for him to sleep on and soon when all went to bed. It was quite cold and I tucked in behind Josh's back and fell asleep.

Later that night I woke up again. I think I heard a noise. I peaked over and Riley was not on the floor. I tried waking up Josh but he was too asleep. Then I heard someone climbing the wooden stairs.

"Riley is that you?" I asked scared

"Yeah" I heard him say snickering back in bed.

"What's the matter? Is everything okay?" I asked as I got out of bed.

"I screwed up big time Toby"

"What? Tell me what happened!" I panicked.

"Connor was just outside...he said he wanted to stop by...he was so bruised and battered...when I told him I'm glad he came and about you being here...he ran off."

Riley starting crying and I fell to the floor hugging him. In my mind I thought I should have gone out and looked for Connor but Riley was in bad shape. Seeing Connor after a year must have caused him great shock. He fell asleep again and I wondered to myself whether or not Connor wanted to be found. Maybe this is for the best? Bull! Him on the streets isn't going to get pass me.

"Ill find you Connor whether you want me to or not" I promised myself looking out of a roundshaped window in the pitch black darkness

Long time since I updated this story hasn't it? Please support my new story "Hot Wheel".and why don't you browse on over and check out some of my poetry at "Growing Wings And Other Things" Happy Reading!
Copyright © 2014 BarricadeBoy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I might have to nominate you for cliffhanger of the year. Please don't make me wait to find out if they find Connor and if he's ok.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..