Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 3,694 Words
  • 6,026 Views
  • 64 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chasing the Dream - 1. Chapter 1

This is the beginning of a story I promised to @Wesley8890 for his love of Benny and a thank you to him  :hug:for all his support and encouragement since I started writing. 
 
Yes, Wesley does know about the story. :P He just doesn't know it's being posted today.
 
I am posting the first chapter to test the waters for the story, Yes @droughtquake another spin-off. The story-line kind of starts where 'Unexpected' is paused. But the story will stand alone.
 

“You’re his legal guardian?” The woman twanged in her southern drawl at Wesley then popped her gum.

“Yeah!” He answered, his skin crawling from the sound of the woman, smacking her chops as she chewed gum with her mouth open.

“Just sign there,” she pointed to where the form said Parent/Guardian signature.

Wes signed his consent and paid the entry fee for his brother Joseph, who he affectionately calls Jo-Jo. The woman handed him a receipt, the rules, behavior guidelines and Joseph’s numbered patch to be pinned to the back of his shirt during his events. Then screeching, “Next,” in his ear.

Joseph is an up and coming all-rounder at the junior rodeo. That’s where they were currently, Junior Rodeo in Chattanooga, Tennessee, all heats and finals ran across the weekend. Joseph was competing in three events. Since Wes has been coaching him, his results have improved in leaps and bounds. He couldn’t be prouder of his brother, his one and only love in life – for now. They’ve always been close, Wes loved his little brother, he’d given up a lot of himself for Joseph. Not that he’d ever complained or seen it as a hardship. He’d do anything to secure his brother’s happiness, including sacrificing school, his own dreams of the rodeo, relationships and his free time. He’d worry more about himself once his brother was off at college.

Wesley hoped one day he’d meet the right guy, settle down, get married and have babies. But now isn’t the right time. His brother came first and always at the moment. Their Grandparents ranch a close second. Their Grandparent's had left the ranch to him and Jo-Jo when they passed. So that’s where his focus laid for the time being. He wanted nothing more than to make them and his parents proud. And so far he felt pretty good how things were working out. Joseph is happy, doing well in school and the rodeo. The ranch is running in the black and making money, they weren’t by any means rich or wealthy, but they were holding their own and making enough to live and keep the place running.

“Thanks, Wes,” Joseph smiled at his brother.

“You’re welcome Jo-Jo. Let’s get the horses out of the trailer and set up.” Wesley clamped his hand around the back of his brother's neck steering him through the crowd, just like his Dad used to do with him. He smiled at the thought, it used to drive him crazy when his Dad did that to him. But here he was doing it with his brother. Wes understood now, it wasn’t about control, but keeping a connection with Joseph while they were walking. Much like you would, holding a toddler’s hand.

Chase Ruttlidge walked by them talking with another man who was holding on to the cutest little kid, he was all eyes, hair and a big smile. Chase nodded his head in acknowledgment of Wesley without breaking his conversation. Wes remembered him from the circuit when he used to participate himself. Chase had gone on to become one of the top five cowboys in the country before he injured himself and had to give it away. Wesley turned his head to check out Chase’s behind as he walked away.

“I saw that,” Joseph snickered.

Wesley laughed, “Zip it ya little turd, or I’ll make you clean the trailer.”

Two boys about Joseph’s age stopped him, “Aren’t you Joseph Cain?”

Joseph answered shyly, “Um… Yeah?” he looked at his brother nervously. Wes gave him an encouraging smile hoping he would keep talking with the boys maybe make some friends. “This is my brother Wesley.” He pointed.

The two boys waved with a smile, “I’m Cory, this is Shane. We’re going to go watch the little kids fall off sheep, did you want to come with us?”

Joseph looked at his brother, then back to the boys, “We have to set up the horses…”

“You go, have fun, I’ll take care of setting up. Have you got your phone?” Wesley asked. Joseph held it up for his brother to see. “Great, have fun. If I’m not with our camp, I’ll be in the beer garden having a well-earned cold one. Call if you need me.” Wesley waved his brother and new friends off and set out to fix up their camp for the next few days.

<>-<>-<>

Wesley threw some change in the oversized brandy tip jar and grabbed his beer. He looked around the garden for a free table, they’d set up a 40-gallon drum with fire, the nights could get a little chilly in the mountains. Thankfully the folks at the table next to the fire were leaving, so Wes took up residence at the table to keep warm. He pulled his phone from his pocket and sent a quick text to his brother to let him know where he was, then commenced checking his email. They would call from the Ranch if there were anything urgent, everything else is sent in an email at the end of the day.

“Uh, hey, mind if we join you?” A smooth deep baritone voice asked interrupting Wes’s reading.

Wesley looked up to find himself staring at Chase and the gentleman he’d seen him with earlier as well as the little boy. His breath caught in his chest for a moment, how easily he could get lost in those chocolatey brown eyes and warm smile. “No, by all means, I have prime real estate here all to myself.”

“Wesley Cain, right, if I remember correctly?” Chase asked sitting down on the bench seat next to him. That voice turned Wesley inside out.

“Yeah!” He said nodding, not trusting himself to say anything further.

“Chase,” Chocolate eyes said to Wes, holding out his hand in greeting. Wes shook his hand, not wanting to let go. But who would? Chase looked like Jeffrey Dean Morgan in a pair of tight Levi’s, with a couple of days scruffy growth on his face that did nothing to hide his gorgeous dimples. That deep, deep, jock-dropping voice and cheeky smile. “This is my boss Jase, and his nephew, Benny, the big boss.” Chase pointed as he said their names. Wes shook both Jase and Benny’s hand. Wes pretended Benny’s handshake hurt his hand, by shaking it.

“That’s quite a grip you’ve got there, I guess that’s why you’re the big boss,” Wesley said smirking at the youngster. Benny giggled and nodded his head in agreement.

“I have Batman pajama’s,” the tyke informed Wes.

“Really, you’re lucky! All my pajama’s are boring.” Wes told him pouting.

“Do you have a horse?” Benny asked.

“Yes! I do, her name is Sherry. Do you have a horse?”

He nodded, his eyes went big in excitement, “Sanna bringed him, his name is Promise,”

“Yeah! Wow, you’re a lucky boy, you wanna know what I got for last Christmas?” Wes asked.

“Yes!” Benny chirped.

“The bill,” Wesley laughed. Chase and Jase laughed with him, and Benny screwed up his face looking at the three of men like they were from another planet. Poor kid had no idea what Wes was talking about or why the older men were laughing.

“Why?” Welsey forgot kids ask difficult questions and believe in Santa. It shut the three of them up anyway, all looking at each other for an answer.

“Um… Well, you see… Santa slipped on my roof and fell down the chimney, dragging Rudolph with him. So I had to pay to fix the chimney,” Wes had no idea where he got his answer, just thankful, Benny accepted it so readily.

“Well done,” Chase said under his breath, his beer bottle hiding the movement of his mouth from Benny.

Wes turned his head away from the boy and toward Chase's ear, “Pulled it out of my ass, thankfully.”

Chase smirked at Wesley and quietly confessed, “As I recall, it’s a quite an ass to be seen.” Wesley blushed, looking over to Jase who was snickering and looking at his watch.

“If that son of mine and Shane don’t show in ten minutes, I’ll head over and start on supper. Would you mind watching Benny, I don’t like cooking on the camp stove with only me to keep an eye on him. He gets distracted by all the animals and tends to wander.” He looked over at Chase.

“Yeah, I don’t mind. Benny said he’s going to teach me how to play “Snap,” anyways. No time like the present, I reckon.” Chase replied, taking the last mouthful of beer.

“Yay!” Benny chirped letting his happiness show by pumping his little fists in the air, “you can play wiv us.” He sang to me.

“Okay, but you’ll have to teach me how to play,” Wes told the boy.

“It’s easy, Poppy teached me.” Benny nodded his head and pulled a scruffy deck of cards from his jacket pocket. They had seen some action, Wes smiled. He liked the fact that someone had obviously spent a lot of time playing games with the young boy.

Too often these days parents just didn’t have the time to sit and play with their kids. It’s not because they don’t want to but the economic climate almost demands that both parents have to work to make ends meet in a two-parent household. In a single parent family, the parent has to sometimes work two or three jobs to just barely put food on the table. It made him feel guilty, he had been lucky that his grandparents had been kind enough to set him and his brother up so that it wouldn’t be an issue. Sure they both put in their own share of hard work at the Ranch, but they enjoyed doing it together, giving them time to bond. He had one-on-one time with his brother, a chance to enjoy watching him grow up, instead of struggling with menial jobs so they could just pay rent.

“I’ll grab us some drinks before we play,” Wes stood to put one foot over the bench, ready to walk to the bar and looking at the empty bottles on the table, “Jase, did you want to stay for one more?”

Jase paused contemplating his options for a minute, “Why not, we aren’t driving anywhere tonight. Can’t do any harm to have a second. Only to the steaks, when I burn them.” he said laughing and getting comfortable again.

“Chase? Another?” He smiled and nodded his head in confirmation.

“What about you Big Boss Man, beer, rum and coke, scotch, or do you like them fruity drinks with cherries, what’s your poison?” Wes smiled down at the little boy.

“The cherry one please,” Benny said licking his lips in anticipation of a sugar rush. Wes looked over to Jase for his say so, and Jase looked resigned to the fact the kid would be bouncing off of the car tires the rest of the evening and mouthedokay.” Wes felt terrible that he’d suggested the drink without even considering what he was leaving the other men to deal with.

Wes ordered the drinks and took them back to the table, he’d also got bottles of water for his brother and two friends, when they came back. He put the beers in front of the other two men, who thanked him. “Benny, they ran out of the fruity drink, so the bartender gave you Sprite and put as many cherries on your little sword as he could get. I hope that’s okay,” Wes said giving the drink to the young boy, Wes even had his drink put in a small spirit glass.

“Okay,” the youngster said unfazed, surprising Wes. Most kids want what they were promised, but this little guy just accepted what he was given with no disappointment. They should clone him in Wes’s opinion.

“Alright Boss, are you going to teach us this game or sit around drinking with your good for nothing buddies here?” Chase asked Benny and slapping Wes on the shoulder. The warmth of Chase's hand on his shoulder almost had Wesley visibly shiver at the delight he felt.

The quartet was about fifteen minutes into a marathon game of Snap when Joseph and his two friends came back from their afternoon of mean-spirited activities.

“Did you have fun?” Wes asked the boys as they approached the table, “Here, I got you boys drink,” handing them the water bottles.

Thanks, Wes,” Joseph opened his bottle and drank half of it in two gulps, “Yeah it was funny, well… except if they got hurt, that’s not so funny,” his brother said screwing up his face.

“Yeah, that’s not fun,” Wes agreed.

“So you’ve met my son already?” Jase said with a smirk, “He better have used his manners then, not like just now.” He furrowed his brow at the two mischief makers.

“Sorry. Thanks for the drink Wesley,” Cory said apologetically.

“Yeah, thanks for the drink Wes,” Shane said.

“And?” Jase said sternly.

“Oh, yeah, Joe this is my Dad, Jase, and our trainer Chase,” Cory said pointing to the men in turn, “and this cute munchkin is Benny, my cousin and one of my best-est friends.” Cory smiled fondly at Benny and ruffled his hair.

“I not a chicken Cory,” Benny huffed, rolling his big blue eyes. Wes tried not to laugh at the youngster, it was apparently a bone of contention for him.

“It’s not enough for you to cheat me out of my pocket money, you're taking it from a little kid now?” Joseph laughed ribbing his older brother.

“Hey, I’m cheating these two out of their pocket money too. That’s gotta count for something.” Wes proclaimed and pointed his finger at the other two men seated at the table causing all to chuckle. “So tell us about your mean-spirited activities.” Wes showing interest in what his brother got up to.

“It was so cool, and the kids are cute. Their headgear is like two sizes too big, I have no clue…” Joseph started telling Wes about his adventure, his two new friends jumping in here and there. Soon enough the three boys were talking ten to the dozen excitedly and laughing at the things they’d witnessed. Wesley’s heart swelled as he watched his brother, he’d never been so animated, and he would hardly ever interact with kids his own age. He’s usually so quiet and shy, sure Joseph would talk to other kids, but he wouldn’t seek them out.

Wes took him to a counselor once, worried he was depressed. Joseph only had one session, the counselor assured Wesley not to be concerned, he was a happy kid just quiet and shy. She suggested having him play a sport, which by nature would force him to interact and open up a little. He told Joseph to pick a sport. Joseph chose the rodeo, not surprisingly, they were around horses all the time, and Joseph could ride just about anything he hopped on, he was a natural. Worried his brother was too young and would get hurt Wesley said no at first. Joseph wore him down and begged him to teach him, Wesley eventually caved, but with the threat of taking it all away at one lousy grade. He had that in his back pocket. But Joseph was true to his word, he does homework for an hour when he gets home, then does his chores, trains for a couple of hours and returns to finish the rest of his homework after supper.

Joseph shook Wesley’s arm to get his attention, “So can I?”

Wes shook his head to shake away his thoughts and pay attention to his brother, “Sorry Jo-Jo, I was just thinking. Can you what?”

“Can I have supper with Cory and Shane?” Joseph asked again.

“Oh… Um…” Wes turned his gaze to Jase, to ask if it was okay. Before he could say anything, Jase nodded his head, “Yes.” “I can’t see why not, just come to the camp and pick up some meat to take with you.” Wesley smiled at his brother.

“YES!” The three musketeers, high-fived and went back to enthusiastically talking over the top of each other.

“You’re welcome to join us too if you like, the more, the merrier,” Jase happily told Wes.

“Thanks, but I should take care of things and water the horses. So to speak,” Wesley replied, “I better head out anyway. Benny thanks for the game, you’re a worthy opponent, I don’t know if I can take getting beaten by a kid again. But we’ll try and have a game another day,” Wesley held out his hand to shake Benny’s, the little man shook his hand. Wesley made out it hurt again, causing the young boy to snicker. “Joseph, mind your manners and help clean up after supper please.”

“I will, thanks, Wes,” Joseph hugged his brother.

“You’re welcome, don’t forget to come and get meat for Jase to cook.” Wesley pats his brother on the back while they hugged, “Thanks for the drink and game of cards, night all.” He waved his free hand the other in his pocket then made his way back to camp.

<>-<>-<>

Wes whacked his brother's foot with a piggin’ string, while he lay sleeping, “Jo-Jo, come on, up you get. You need to start your day. Your first event is in two hours, there’s a lot to do.”

Joseph threw his legs over the side of the cot, sitting on the edge wiping the sleep out of his eye’s and talking while he yawned, “I’m up, just have a shower, first.”

“Good one, I’ll have breakfast ready by the time you get back. Cereal okay or do you want eggs?” Wes asked.

“Um… whatever floats your boat, I don’t care,” Joseph said as he passed his brother, whipping him with his towel. Wes mumbled under his breath about bratty brothers, while he was running through his checklist of Joseph’s equipment for the upcoming events.

“Hi Wes,” A little voice startled Wes, and he hit his head on the lid to the equipment tub.

“Hello Boss Man Benny, what brings you by?” Wes winced rubbing his noggin.

Benny screwed up his face, “Are you okay?”

Wes chuckled at the little boy's concern, “Yeah I’m fine,”

“Can I help?” Benny asked innocently.

“I don’t know, can you?” Wes asked him. Benny nodded his head vigorously while fidgeting.

Wes was on to him, he narrowed his eyes and asked, “Does your Uncle know where you are?”

The kid shrugged his shoulders, “Um… I don’t know.”

“How about we find him and ask if you can help first?”

“Okay?” Benny answered deflated, looking down at his feet, he moved some rocks with the toes of his shoe.

“You wanna ride on my shoulders?” Wes asked him, he couldn’t take the sadness, Benny displayed.

“Yeah!” he cried. Wes squatted on the ground and let Benny climb onto his shoulders. Then he stood and made sure the boy was stable and held onto his little legs, the boy's small fists gripping Wes by his hair. Wes made the ride fun for Benny, he would walk fast and then stop suddenly. Then he would maneuver through the crowd like an airplane or motorbike and make the noise from the motor. Benny giggling as they made their way to his camp.

“Does this belong to you?” Wesley said smiling and hoisting the youngster off of his shoulders.

“Benny!” Jase gasped, “You can’t keep running off like that, we’re not at home, it’s not safe,” Jase picked the boy up hugging him to death.

Chase came running out of breath, “Jase,” then saw Benny and bent over putting his hands on his knees out of breath. “Thank God, you found him.”

“I wanted to see Wesley…I sorry,” Benny said sadly.

Jase pulled the boys head to his shoulder and kissed the side of his head cuddling him. Wesley smiled at the amount of love this little boy is shown. Jase put Benny on his feet and squatted next to him. “Benny, you can’t run off like that. It’s not like at home where you can run from house to house. There are too many strangers and horses everywhere, you could get hurt okay. Can you promise it won’t happen again?” Jase was firm but not intimidating.

Benny sadly replied, “I sorry Uncle Jase,” a couple of tears dropped from his eyes.

“Oh my Benny,” Jase kissed the top of his head as he pulled the young into him, “I love you, I just want you safe, okay?” the little boy nodded his head.

Jase stood up and kept his hand lovingly on the top of Benny’s head while the boy clung to his leg.

Thanks, Wesley, sorry to have put you out,” Jase smiled warmly.

“No trouble at all, the cheeky monkey arrived and asked to help me,” Wesley smiled fondly at the boy, “Well I’d better get back and help Joe get ready.” He squatted down to Benny, “You are welcome anytime at our camp, but not by yourself okay? If you ever want to hang out, that’s fine, but get Uncle Jase or someone to bring you.” Benny looked sadly at Wes, the sad little frown on the cute boys face broke Wes’ heart. He put his arms up, and Benny leaned into him wrapping his arms around Wes’ neck. Wes hugged him tight and gave him a pat on the back.

“You’re a good boy, maybe after the boys have finished for the day I can buy you another fruity drink, and you can beat me at cards again,” Benny pulled back from the hug smiling from ear-to-ear, “make sure you’re a good boy. No more giving Chase and your Uncle a heart attack okay?”

“Okay,” Benny said with a finger in his mouth smiling sheepishly.

Wesley stood up, “Tell the boys I wish them luck for today.”

“We will, thanks for bringing Benny back,” Jase held out his hand.

Wes shook his hand and Chase who had his breathing under control, then made his way back to camp.

 

Thank you for reading, please leave a comment and let me know what you think so far. And a huge thank you to everyone who reads my stories and encourages me to keep writing. I hope you enjoy the beginning of Wesley's journey to find some happiness for himself.

Thanks @Dahawk for helping me get this on it's feet.
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 16
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Very interesting start to the story. I think that there will be interesting times ahead. Please carry on with the story. I await with eager anticipation. thanks

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Just now, mikedup said:

Very interesting start to the story. I think that there will be interesting times ahead. Please carry on with the story. I await with eager anticipation. thanks

 

Thanks @mikedup I will keep it going. And thank you for the feedback and reading. It's the first time I've written in third person so I'm nervous. :)  I do hope you enjoy the story as it unfolds.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, booklove said:

yes. Yes. YES. Benny galore. I love you.

Hrrrmpf - platonically, unharrassingly aaaaand totally just for your writing, of course...

Please continue this story, it is very promising and we can watch kittycorner your first move when you manouver Williams Love out of that corner.

 

LOL Yes Benny galore :)  He'll be available in all his cuteness in most chapters. Williams' Love will be wrapped up soon, I'm just waiting on Ian's Heart to catch up. Sorry to make everyone wait.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Dahawk said:

She's fibbing I've brought her to the dark side. It's a three-step program, kill puppies, kill Anna, and the finale kill William's Mom.

 

You're wrong, it's cuddle puppies, punch Rob, kill Anna, and the finale kill Will's Mom. Then cuddle puppies

Edited by Bndmetl
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

 

You're wrong, it's cuddle puppies, punch Rob, kill Anna, and the finale kill Will's Mom.

Failed math I see... no counting while we write... that's the five-step program. :fight:

Edited by Dahawk
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Great beginning! I like Wes and Joseph, and who could possibly not love a story with Benny in it!  I'm excited to follow Wes' journey to finding his own happiness.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Just now, jaysalmn said:

Great beginning! I like Wes and Joseph, and who could possibly not love a story with Benny in it!  I'm excited to follow Wes' journey to finding his own happiness.

 

Thanks Jay, it will be a fun journey, how could it not with a best friend like Benny. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, jaysalmn said:

Great beginning! I like Wes and Joseph, and who could possibly not love a story with Benny in it!  I'm excited to follow Wes' journey to finding his own happiness.

Shhh... she's a puppy murderer @jaysalmn

Edited by Dahawk
  • Haha 4
  • Angry 1
Link to comment

10/10, excellent start i just love ranch stories, lots of love and romance with just a smijin of drama is my cup of tea, just no real cheating lol,love all your writing you have a good heart.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, bubby1234 said:

10/10, excellent start i just love ranch stories, lots of love and romance with just a smijin of drama is my cup of tea, just no real cheating lol,love all your writing you have a good heart.

 

Thank you, you're making me blush. :) There, will never be cheating - I don't think - in my stories. Thank you for reading and I'm glad you've enjoyed them thus far. I hope that will carry over to this story as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, ObicanDecko said:

Just a question before I start reading this: Do I need to read Unexpected to be able to follow this? :P

 

Nope, it should be fine, if you find you do let me know and I will fix that immediately. I want this to be able to stand alone.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great start to the story! I like the ranch setting, all the characters are interesting and likeable, and I just love the friendly atmosphere between them. They're like one big family :*)

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Oh, I don't know, 'death by puppies' might not be such a bad way to go. I'd be laughing and giggling to death.  This is a great start to a great saga. Rodeos, cowboys, horses, more cowboys, what's not to love, right?  

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Bndmetl said:

 

Nope, it should be fine, if you find you do let me know and I will fix that immediately. I want this to be able to stand alone.

Good to read this because when I read "The story-line kind of starts where 'Unexpected' is paused." I nearly closed the tab; but thought I'd check comments first.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Of course...we LOVE it, and you ahmmm...NAILED it!!!:wub: Oh pleaseeeeee..if you were to write a workable new tax law, and add Benny, we'd all be sitting, biting our nails, waiting for the next chapter!!!:gikkle: Now to watch while Wes and Chase begin THE dance..:D:heart:

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I see what you did there, @Bndmetl! You got around your killing prohibition by having 4 grandparents and 2 parents die before you even started your story! Kind of sneaky!  ;-)

 

@Dahawk, she’s already had at least 6 deaths in before the story even began! I think she’s beating you! She doesn’t even need a puppy stampede!  ;-)

Link to comment

Great start to the story.  I hope Benny never loses that childish innocence.  That boy has a heart of gold.  Eagerly awaiting more of Wes and Chase.  And Benny and the 3 musketeers too if course. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

Great start to the story! I like the ranch setting, all the characters are interesting and likeable, and I just love the friendly atmosphere between them. They're like one big family :*)

 

It will be quite the ride. It will be nice getting to know all the characters, and set in the competitive atmosphere of the rodeo. But at the same time, they help each other get better at the sport, as well as make friends.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, skyacer said:

Oh, I don't know, 'death by puppies' might not be such a bad way to go. I'd be laughing and giggling to death.  This is a great start to a great saga. Rodeos, cowboys, horses, more cowboys, what's not to love, right?  

 

Puppies are so cute, and cowboys yum. Men with bums tightly wrapped denim, hats, horses and boots. I have to fan myself just thinking about it. :rofl:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Good to read this because when I read "The story-line kind of starts where 'Unexpected' is paused." I nearly closed the tab; but thought I'd check comments first.

 

I hope you liked what you read @Fae Briona, I've changed the introduction to state it stands alone, thanks for the heads up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..