Jump to content
    CarlHoliday
  • Author
  • 7,646 Words
  • 1,813 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Josh's Blog - 4. August 2008

Friday, August 1, 2008

Hey guys!

Will took me to get a burger in Petawnsky. I guess the people at Bob’s are all worried about the McD coming in. We stopped by the construction site on the way out to the pond and the workers were screwing around with the nail guns. I cast a spell and busted their air compressor. Maybe I’ll go back later tonight and pull out all the nails. Now that would be some serious magic, but Gregor would probably be mad, so I’ll have to come up with something different.

Anyway, we were out at the pond having lunch and I threw a fry out into the lake. Something sucked it under the water. I looked at Will and he simply shrugged. It was an aloo, I was sure of it. I picked up some fries and floated over to the middle of the lake and dropped one. A hand-like thing came up and pulled it under. I moved a little bit and dropped another. It was pulled under, too. I dropped five in different locations. All of them went under at the same time. I’m thinking it’s carp or some fish like that, when all of a sudden I see this head looking up at me. So that’s what an aloo looks like I say to myself. Definitely horror movie stuff. If that thing grabbed you, if you didn’t die of fright, you deserved to die of drowning. That is one scary monster. I dropped the rest of the fries and its mouth sucked them all in. I went back to Will.

“Nifty trick with the magic,” Will said. “Learn anything?”

“Yeah, there’s an aloo in the pond, don’t go swimming, and it likes fries from Bob’s.”

“What’s it look like?”

“Think of ugly and scary at the same time. Five eyes.”

“Wow! Five? That’s weird.”

“It’s uglier and scarier than anything I can imagine, but I think it likes me, not that I’d go swimming with it.”

“How’s life, otherwise?”

“The shits, mostly.”

+ + + + +

 

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hey guys!

Back in Hymballia, again.

Gregor chewed me up one side and down the other for peeking in on David and Brent. I guess that’s kind of on the edge of the dark side. I asked him what was the reason I was supposed to be a sorcerer and he said, again, all will be explained in time.

He said he was sorry about David, but shit happens. I asked him if he could talk to David because I was having a lot of trouble dealing with what I saw. He told me David was only sixteen. I shouldn’t expect him to be true to me because we aren’t in a relationship. I told him I sort of wished I could move back to 1523 and stay at the cottage. Maybe I could stop them from cutting down the great oak. He said I can’t change the past.

“If you change the past, all the futures from that point on have to change, too. You may not be alive in your present and will never be able to return to your own time because, for you, it might not exist.”

Peachy!

+ + + + +

 

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hey guys!

I was doing some serious magic stuff the past few days and was way too tired to do anything except eat and go to bed. I’m back home now.

David came by today. We sat out in the screened porch and drank the iced tea Dad made. I was civil, but we didn’t talk much.

He said he knew it was me who knocked the book off the bookshelf. I told him I got yelled at for watching and for doing that with the book. I asked him if that was the first time he’d been fucked by Brent. He said no. I asked him if he sucked Brent’s cock, too. He said yes. I asked him if Brent reciprocated. He said no, but that didn’t matter because Brent was pretty cool. I said, “Well, that pretty much says it all as far as you and me.” He left.

So it’s true, breaking up is the shits. I was so bummed I begged out of dinner and after finishing this I’m going to bed.

+ + + + +

 

Friday, August 8, 2008

Hey guys!

Back in Hymballia.

Ben took me to the valley as it was around 1330. Since there wasn’t a full moon, we had our noon meal with the werewolves in their chalet on the east side of the valley. They had lots of questions about how life was where I lived and I spent the whole afternoon talking about Seattle and Pine Corner. They already knew a lot about Pine Corner, so most of what they were interested in was Seattle. They asked what was there right now, as in 1330, and I told them there were just a few tribes of Native Americans living in the area. Then I had to talk about all that I knew about Native Americans.

About halfway through the conversation, just as I was getting to how the tribes were spread all across the continent and that the Europeans wouldn’t be there until after 1492, except of course for the Vikings, Roger, one of the younger ones, breaks in and talked about Thorvald Asvaldsson and the king of Norway and how it was rumored that Vikings came to America sometime around the beginning of the Eleventh Century. They all looked at me and I said, “Hey, my ancestors came from this valley, not Norway.” Everyone laughed.

Later, as we were getting ready to go back to the cottage, Roger came up to Ben and I and asked if I’d like to spend the night with him at his little cabin up the hill a bit. I looked at Ben and he shrugged his shoulders.

Roger is from England and sometime around 1250 he was travelling through Hymballia on his way to Rome when the group of monks he was with was waylaid by some robbers. Most were killed outright, the others, including Roger, fled into the forest. Before he knew what was happening, a werewolf attacked him and gave him a nasty bite on his thigh. It took a couple weeks for the transition to take effect, and now Roger is a werewolf, too. He’s been bouncing around different packs as he’s a young wolf and is welcome anywhere there’s an opening.

We undressed and he asked me if I was a virgin. I said yes. He said that when he was bitten he was only fifteen years old. He looks about eighteen, now. We kissed a lot and after a while he put some stuff on my hole and on his cock and he entered me. It hurt like I don’t know what, but he went very slowly and after awhile it became more and more bearable. Then he started jerking me. After a few moments I came and Roger began to flicker between being a human and being a wolf. It was like being fucked by Nereus all over again. I shut my eyes and gave into it.

I slept in Roger’s arms almost the whole night, except when the wolf mounted me, again.

+ + + + +

 

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hey guys!

Back home in Pine Corner.

Wow! I guess going to Hymballia is just what the doctor ordered. Roger is so cool, but I have to remember he’s a werewolf first and a possible lover second. I think I can protect myself against his bites, but you can’t stay awake all the time. It wouldn’t be fair to him if I had to wear protection just to be with him.

David called this afternoon and asked if I wanted to come over to his house to go swimming. I didn’t, but went anyway. Brent was there. I left.

I can’t deal with both of them. I just can’t.

Dad and Will took me over to Petawnsky for dinner and the whole time we were there everyone was talking about the McD. I’d say 95% of the adults in Petawnsky County do not want the McD. I took that as a hint and as we were driving by on the way home, one of the side walls collapsed and the roof caved in. Will glared at me.

“What?”

“Did you do that?”

“Why are you accusing me?”

“Because of the three people in this car, you’re the only one capable of doing that.”

“How do you know it wasn’t someone inside? Maybe there was some shoddy construction. From what I’ve seen of that crew, they’re a bunch of losers.”

+ + + + +

 

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hey guys!

Roger showed up in Pine Corner this morning.

It seems werewolves have an ability to channel the wielders of magic to move through space and time. I have to use a spell. They get bitten by another werewolf and suddenly they can zip around at their heart’s content.

When Roger wasn’t looking, he was in the little wolf’s room, I called Gregor and he threw a fit. First for me having sex with a werewolf, second for spending the night with a werewolf, and third for Roger doing his little space-time travel bit.

Then Gregor laid down the law, the Sorcerer’s Law. He wrapped a tidy spell around our friendship. We can continue to be friends until such time as either of us no longer desires the other as a friend. As long as Roger is with me, he is not a werewolf, no matter what century we’re in or where we are. Roger didn’t know sorcerers could do that. I didn’t either, but it makes sense if you listen to how the spell is spread out, how the words interlock within the shape of the spell.

Spells not only have words, but they also have shapes. I’m sure you can imagine a straight line spell, they’re the simplest. Nearly all the spells I can do are straight line spells, but I can do a few two-dimensional spells, also. One spell is a simple triangle and another is a pentagon. I heard Ben do an octagonal spell and, let’s just say, it took a bit of concentration to follow it. Next up, are the three-dimensional spells and then the four and five-dimensional spells, which is what Gregor cast on us. It was beautiful to hear and see. The words came out of his mouth and built a box-like structure around us and through us, especially Roger because he’s originally from the Thirteenth Century.

When Gregor finished he sent Roger back to the valley and he cast another spell through me; yeah, not over or around, but through me. It was another of those four-dimensional spells and basically it protects me from the dark side influences Roger brings from being a werewolf. Also, Roger can’t channel me, or Gregor or Ben, anymore. That was in the original spell. He can call me, but he can’t come to me unless I permit him

“It keeps the werewolves from spreading, not that they haven’t spread already,” Gregor said.

“They’re werewolves here?”

“Not here, there’s not enough people, game, or livestock to sustain a pack, but get closer to a big city and you’ll probably find a pack or two. People go missing. Sure, some are taken by perverts and sociopaths, but some are taken by werewolves who just can’t get the taste of human flesh out of their taste buds. They actually crave human blood and flesh. They have to eat people. Roger won’t say it, but he’d very much like to eat you and not like the two of you were doing the other night.”

“You were there?”

“No, but Ben told me you stayed behind. Roger is a very comely lad. Did he top you? Werewolves are usually tops; it’s in their reconstructed genes.”

“Yeah, it was weird, too. Like when Nereus did me.”

“Well, don’t let it bother you; some guys are just born to be bottoms.”

“Yeah, but I haven’t done it with a real human, yet. Satyr, yes. Werewolf, yes. Human, no. At least I think I haven’t done it with a human.”

“And, what, you’re just seventeen? You have a lifetime ahead of you. Actually, you might have a few hundred lifetimes ahead of you. I’m sure you’ll find a human somewhere, sometime. Have you ever thought of asking Ben?”

“He’s an old man!”

“He wasn’t an old man all the time and sorcerers can move through time physically, too. Think about it.”

+ + + + +

 

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hey guys!

Sorry about the long entry yesterday, but that was one long day.

Plus, I never did get around to the best part. Gregor put himself back physically, like he was saying about Ben, and Will and Dad took him to dinner in Petawnsky. Will made a particular point of showing the McD construction site where he said I mucked with it magically. Gregor simply looked at me and shook his head.

Anyway, we went to the barbecue place and everybody there was talking about the State Police coming out to inspect the McD because the contractor said he suspected criminal activity.

When we got home Gregor asked me about it and I admitted what I’d done. You can’t lie to a sorcerer, especially if he’s your mentor. He can see right into your mind. He asked me why I didn’t do something creative like pull out all the nails. I said that would be pretty obvious and with David knowing I’m a sorcerer or learning to be a sorcerer, he might get suspicious and say something to someone.

Then he chuckled.

I asked what was so funny and he said I’d find out.

Oh, and, he slept with me. Not as a two-hundred eighty-nine year-old man, but as he was when he was eighteen.

Yeah, we had sex and he prefers being the bottom. I never imagined sex was going to be like that. Frankly, I have more respect for Gregor now than before. It took a lot for him as my mentor to let me fuck him.

Plus, he said I can’t change my physical appearance. I can change someone else, but I can’t change me. I asked if he could give me, say an extra couple inches, and he said, “No, I like you just the way you are.”

Gregor stayed here today, too. We went over to David’s and Brent was there, too. When Gregor saw Brent—we hadn’t even gotten close enough for them to know we were there—he popped us back to my house.

“What?” I asked.

“He’s a warlock or the son of a witch or warlock, or something created by a witch or warlock. Worse, he’s from the dark side. What do you know about his parents?”

“His father is a professor of English at the same college where Dad teaches. His mother is a homophobic bitch.”

“Homophobic?”

“She hates gays, you know, homosexuals.”

“She’s probably a witch. Stay away from Brent. I fear he’s already taken David under his dark wing, but we still may be able to save him, if he wants to be saved.”

Oh, and, the McD? Gregor sunk what was left of the building and foundation three and a half feet into the soil. I guess he did it when the construction crew was coming to work. There were lots of creaking sounds and with a loud whoosh the whole thing sank at once.

+ + + + +

 

Friday, August 15, 2008

Hey guys!

Gregor is still here and we had sex again last night. And, no, we didn’t go all the way. Frottage works just fine sometimes.

He is worried about Brent and his mother. Yes, it is his mother, but she isn’t a witch. She’s something much, much worse. She’s a dark side fairy godmother from the netherworld. (Gregor had explained that before, it’s where all the magical creatures come from.) Think of Cinderella’s fairy godmother; now imagine a fairy godmother for the ugly stepsisters.

Gregor thinks Brent may be an incubus directed specifically at David so that I will use dark powers to try to split them up, which will only draw me further into the dark realm. That little trick I did at Brent’s house was just a bit of bait to lure me in. I thought I was doing it, but she got into my mind and made me do it.

And, now, Roger shows up.

Gregor thinks Roger may part of this, too. I have to agree with him on that. It’s just too coincidental. Gregor set the blocks in place to dissolve Roger out of my memory, or at least the sexual memories, which can be very deep and very long lasting.

Since school starts on the 25th, Gregor is taking me back to Hymballia for seven days of intensive spell work. With an evil fairy godmother and an incubus in Pine Corner, I’m going to need to be a lot better at casting spells than I am now.

Will and Dad took us to the barbecue place in Petawnsky again. Gregor just can’t get enough, I guess. As we were driving past the McD construction site there were a bunch of State inspectors with the contractors pointing fingers and ruminating about what the heck they were going to do. Gregor smiled and the foundation sunk another five feet and the sides of the hole caved in.

Will glared at us. We smiled.

+ + + + +

 

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hey guys!

Back in 1523, again.

Working on spells, serious spells, multi-dimensional spells. A lot of warding and watching, casting protection, shimmering invisibilities, calling down dragons (dragons like sorcerers and sorcerers like dragons and dragons still exist, you can’t see them, I can and the one I called was nice), bringing into existence good beings such as white knights and heroes, wielding a flaming sword, and a bunch of other things you wouldn’t believe, not that you probably believe any of this anyway.

Ben introduced me to a boy from the village in the valley. His name is Rolf and he’s okay for a boy, well young man, from the Sixteenth Century. He’s married and has two kids, a boy and girl. His wife just had a miscarriage. The thing is he’s only seventeen. He’s my age and he already has two kids and almost had three.

After we left, Ben taught me a trick. It’s getting inside someone so that you’re a part of them. You see the world as they see the world. That night I went into Rolf and while he was fucking his wife, he was imagining he was fucking me. Frankly, that’s one sick dude and I said so to Ben.

And, so, Ben changed himself back to as he was when he was twenty because I guess when he was my age he was still troubled by something that happened when he was younger.

Anyway, he slept with me, but we didn’t do anything, not that he didn’t try, because I kept thinking of David. Any possibility of a sexual response from me was close to nil.

+ + + + +

 

Monday, August 18, 2008

Hey guys!

Still in 1523.

Last night Ben and I went back to Pine Corner and kidnapped David.

Oh, man, was he coated with magical spells or what. Damn! He was so slick with magic we could barely hold onto him. And Gregor was right, this wasn’t good magic. This stuff was practically straight out of the pit.

Ben walked me through the steps for taking the spells away without damaging David, as that can happen when a mortal is protected by spells, either good or bad, but usually bad because the dark side puts those kinds of spells on mortals just for spite.

First, we took off his clothes because they were so soaked with magic we were afraid he’d slip back to 2008. Ben put them somewhere in the Seventeenth Century; I suppose to confuse Brent’s mother.

Then Ben walked me through David’s body. David was awake all through this and he was not a happy camper. I guess Brent has been doing a pretty good job of turning David’s mind to the dark side, but Ben found a spark of good deep inside his mind. He showed it to me and stepped me through the spell to brighten it until a flame broke out and burned all the dark matter around it. David had to burn the darkness out; we couldn’t do it for him. If he hadn’t done it on his own, Ben said we’d have to choose whether to let him live or die, but he could never go home again. We went back in and thoroughly cleaned all the soot out before going out and removing the wrap-around spells.

Luckily, evil fairy godmothers aren’t sorceresses or witches as they can’t do multi-dimensional spells. That isn’t to say the spells on and in David weren’t complicated because they were. They were all interconnected with a bunch of booby traps some of which might have killed David.

As we worked, David became more and more aware of what had been done to him by Brent and he started to get mad, which was good because anger can bring a lot of evil spells to the surface where they can be safely disconnected.

It took us five hours to rid David of all the evil magic in, around, and through him. And, then, the three of us went to bed.

No, we didn’t do anything, not that I wasn’t thinking of trying. All of us were too exhausted.

+ + + + +

 

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hey guys!

What an interesting day.

First off, I went back to David’s bedroom and got him some clothes to wear here in 1523.

Then Ben left to take care of David’s magically stained clothes.

While Ben was gone guess who shows up at the cottage?

That’s right, Brent!

But, he didn’t expect me to be a sorcerer in training. Then his mother shows up.

I realize this can be a dangerous situation, but I keep my cool and wrap a warding spell around David. Brent’s mother tries to get through, but soon realizes her magic pales in comparison to mine and I’m not a fully fledged sorcerer, yet. (Gregor has mentioned something about a ceremony I have to go through to become a full-fledged sorcerer.)

Anyway, I’m more than willing to let Brent and his mother go back to Pine Corner, but she starts whipping up one spell after another, throwing fireballs, which are pathetic compared to real magic, until I’m getting pissed and then I see what she’s doing to me.

I wrapped both of them in a silencing spell and then covered them with a sleeping spell. Then I called Gregor.

He came and took them away. I asked him what he was going to do and he said it’d be better if I didn’t know.

“Are you going to kill them?” David asked.

“You can’t kill what isn’t alive,” Gregor said. “I will send them back to their maker.”

David and I went to bed. We undressed each other and then we lay down and didn’t do anything except snuggle, kiss, and try to imagine away all that happened since Brent seduced David. I know that’s what happened because that was the reason Brent was created. His whole purpose for being in Pine Corner was to be on the lookout for a sorcerer from Hymballia and to do whatever he could to destroy that sorcerer or pull him toward the dark side.

Later, at supper we had special guests: the rabbit, golden eagle, and dwarf from my dream; a pixie; and Nereus, my satyr. The cottage was surrounded with nymphs and fairies. We drank dwarf ale (mine and David’s was so watered down it was practically dwarf soda pop) and ate dwarf muffins (which are very good warm, but turn to rock as they cool), venison, and lots of vegetables.

+ + + + +

 

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hey guys!

Well, I had my initiation into the society of sorcerers Gregor and Ben belong to. Basically, you die and are reborn as a sorcerer.

Can’t say much more than that. I shouldn’t tell you, but during the ceremony my head was sliced off with a sword and when my head hit the floor I could look up and see blood spurting out of my neck. And, I died. I knew I died. Then I went somewhere with a lot of twinkling lights and people (I think they were people) wearing gowns of light. They talked to me in an ancient language, but I understood every word. Pretty much learned what I need to know about being a sorcerer.

Then I died, again. It was like exploding into a tower of flame. It hurt more than anything I’ve felt before.

And then I woke up and Ben, he was my sponsor at the initial ceremony, had sex with me. Real up my ass sex and then I did him. It’s called the joining of life, one to one, one to another. It’s a sorcerer thing. Although Ben is dead, I am bound to him through the realm of love.

And, now, I’m immortal and can’t die until I want to.

Also, I found out why I’ve become a sorcerer. There aren’t a lot of us in the world today and one in China came to the end of his tether on the misty plain (that’s where sorcerers go when they die) and died. Minus one, plus one. That’s how it works. No matter how many people there are in the world, there is only a finite number of sorcerers, sorceresses, witches, and warlocks of the white. Interestingly, there can be an infinite number of them on the dark side, but the more there are over on that side, the weaker the total. If we’re evenly balanced, neither side gets the upper hand. If the dark side tries to increase their number, they only weaken each individual, not that they don’t try.

David and I went home. Well, we went to my house. He wanted to fuck, but I told him we couldn’t until he was ready to make a commitment to me. A forever kind of commitment.

“You mean as in forever, forever?” he asked.

“Until the end of time or until either of us can no longer stand being alive. It could be a long, long time. You have to be sure.”

“Can’t we just fool around?”

“Sure, but we can’t make love because that involves commitment.”

“But, it’s just sex.”

“I’m sorry; I’m not the same as I was.”

“Can we still be friends?”

“We can be whatever you desire.”

“Well, there are lots of other things we can do besides the biggy.”

And, we did a few little things before he went home.

+ + + + +

 

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hey guys!

Oh, man, were David’s parents pissed or what!

And, let’s say that Dad wasn’t too happy, either.

And, we can add Will to the unhappy camp.

But they wanted to know what happened to the Schneider’s house. If I had anything to do with it burning down.

Uh, no.

Guess it was a really weird kind of fire. Some people who saw it said that some kind of weird green fire came up from underground and engulfed the house.

They said Dr. Schneider was at work when it happened. When he came back and saw what happened he committed suicide in front of everyone, just took a pistol out of his briefcase and shot himself in the head. Maybe, he knew what his wife was.

They found two bodies in the rubble, but other than being a woman and a young man, they weren’t certain if it was Brent and his mother or not. When Will looked for relatives he couldn’t find any trace of them anywhere, including Dr. Schneider. Maybe he was created by Mrs. Schneider, too.

“Do you know anything?” Will asked.

“Yes,” I said.

“Well.”

“Would it help if I told you she and Brent were from down below and they were destroyed?”

“Down below as in Hell?”

“You can call it that if you want.”

“But, you don’t.”

“Against the rules.”

“And, Dr. Schneider?”

“Grief, probably.”

“Was he one of them?”

“I don’t know for certain, but maybe he knew and killed himself to avoid being taken or being put in a position to have to answer questions.”

+ + + + +

 

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hey guys!

Okay, haven’t seen David since getting back.

His parents are like really pissed at me right now because 1) they figured out David is gay, 2) they figured out he was having sex with me when they weren’t home, and 3) I kidnapped him and didn’t tell them and they got all worried and shit.

Okay, I screwed up on number 3. That showed immature thoughts, but so much was happening back in 1523 that I forgot to let them know he was hunky-dory. Should’ve, should’ve, should’ve. Don’t you hate that word?

Yesterday, Will came by and took me over to the high school so I could get my schedule and take care of all the transferring shit. The attendance secretary said Dad had to sign a bunch of papers and they couldn’t give me a schedule until he came in personally. All the time she was ranting on and on about this shit, I slipped inside her mind and found out she didn’t like Will because he was gay. She went to a dunking church that had a dim view of gays. I also found out Dad didn’t have to sign right now, but could sign later at home and I could bring everything back on Monday. One of the other secretaries was looking at her and I used her to say, “Marge, you know he doesn’t have to be here today. The boy can take it home and bring everything back on Monday. What was your GPA back in Seattle, hon’?”

“3.96, ma’am.”

“AP classes, thought you looked liked a smart one. You’re Dr. Burk’s son, right?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Okay, got all you papers?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Well, see you first thing Monday morning. Come in about seven and we’ll get you set up. Okay?”

“Sure thing, ma’am.”

“Nice boy, Marge.”

“Humpf!”

Dad took me shopping today down in Madison. Got a bunch of clothes and stuff for school, then he went to the used car place and I picked out a decent Civic. I could’ve flown to school every morning, but that’d be pushing things a bit. Besides, maybe I’ll meet a girl who’ll want to go to dances. Maybe, David and I will double date. Maybe we’ll go down to Madison and find some college dudes who want to fool around. Maybe, maybe, maybe. It’s always good to have a car to satisfy all the possible maybes.

+ + + + +

 

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hey guys!

Went to David’s house today after church and apologized to his parents for putting them through hell because of my selfish stupidity. They asked me pointblank if I was in love with their son. I said yes. David said, “I don’t know.” Maybe, maybe, maybe. I said I was willing to have David as a friend.

They asked me if it was true that I was a reincarnation of some long dead sorcerer like Brent had told them. I told them no, though I did tell them that there were forces from the Valley that identified Brent and his mother as being very evil and those forces may have had something to do with their deaths. They wanted to know who or what those forces were. I told them that back in the times of the Valley it was sufficient to say what I said. David’s father said that wasn’t good enough.

So, in my mind I asked Gregor if it would be alright if I took David’s father to the top of the Great Snowy Mountain so that he could look down upon the Valley. He said that was a good idea. So I did.

“What the hell happened?” Mr. Merkel asked when he realized he was ankle deep in icy cold snow.

“Where do you think you are?”

“On top of some damned mountain, who are you?”

“I’m Joshua Burk, sorcerer. That is all you need to know; except, down below there is the Valley, the place of your forefathers.”

And, then we went back to their living room.

“Can I ask one question?” Mr. Merkel asked.

“Yes, but I may not be able to answer it. You have to understand there are rules that must be followed.”

“If I asked for three wishes, would you grant them?”

“Can’t do that. You need a fairy godfather or a genie to do wishes.”

“Thought so, uh, what’s a fairy godfather? Sounds sinister. I thought it was fairy godmother.”

“Godmothers are for girls, godfathers for boys, but sometimes you can switch them around. But if you want three wishes, you need to contact your fairy godfather.”

“What’s going on, John?” Mrs. Merkel asked.

“Remember back when we got our satyrs?”

“Yes.”

“Do you remember or did your satyr tell you about the coming of a powerful sorcerer.”

“Yes.”

“Well, he’s here.”

“Josh?”

“Yes.”

“Can I have good tomatoes next year?”

“If the weather cooperates, you use good fertilizer, and have good luck, you should do okay.”

“You can’t help.”

“Against the rules.”

David and I went upstairs and listened to some music and made out on his bed. It started out innocently enough, but slowly evolved into something more serious. Unfortunately, David doesn’t have a lock on his door and was afraid either of his parents might pop in unexpectedly, as they do sometimes. So, we moved to the bathroom and quickly expended some gooey, sticky body fluids on the floor.

I ended up staying for supper.

+ + + + +

 

Monday, August 25, 2008

Hey guys!

First day of school.

Attendance secretary wasn’t going to let me in because Dad wasn’t there. I showed that he signed everything, but she said that wasn’t good enough. I told her I wanted to see the principal. She said that wasn’t possible.

Okay, I’m pissed, but I didn’t send her to the North Pole. I could’ve, but I didn’t. She’s just a homophobic bitch.

So, I went around the corner to the main office, went in and told the principal’s secretary I needed to see him or her. She asked why and I said I was being denied entering by the attendance secretary.

He’s an okay guy. A little old, but kind of nice for a principal. He was definitely impressed that I was Dr. Burk’s son and told me he saw me at Midsummer’s Eve and was definitely impressed that Nereus chose me. I could tell he wanted to know why, but was afraid to ask. Okay, I knew he wanted to ask, but was very afraid to ask. There are some things you don’t ask.

I smiled and said I knew what he was thinking and, yes, I was the one foretold years ago. He asked if that was going to get in the way of my education and I said I hoped it didn’t. He took my paperwork and after a few minutes he gave me my schedule. He asked if I was any good at football. I told him, “Sorry, but you’ll have to win them on your own. I know about all your teams, but I can’t help no matter how much I want. Rules are rules.”

I am in every one of David’s classes (he skipped second grade), which isn’t too hard because there are only 65 kids in the graduating class and someone said that if this year is like an average year, there will be less than 60 walking down the aisle come May.

There’s another new kid in school, too. Gary is little, scrawny, lisps, acts like a fem, and acts like he has the hots for me. David is definitely jealous, but some of the religious jocks (conservative Lutherans, Catholics, and Baptists) already have him in their sights. I fear I may have a rescue coming up. I’ll have to discuss it with Gregor.

Oh, and Gary rides the bus, but he missed it today because some of said jocks (not on football team) were hassling him. I guess they figured he’d have to walk the ten miles to his house. He’s clear the heck on the far side of the county. In fact, just across the road from his house is the next school district and its high school is only five miles away. Funny how that works out sometimes.

“You need a ride?” I asked.

“No, that’s alright.” God, I could swear that was a whimper.

“What the fuck you doing, being nice to the dog?” Jock says.

“As a matter of fact, I am.”

“Well, I says you can’t.” Yes, the jock said “says”. Sheesh.

“And, you’re going to stop me by doing what?”

“Maybe me and my friends will pick up your little car and turn it over.”

“How many friends do you have?”

“Enough.”

They didn’t have enough because suddenly my little Civic weighed about 1,000 pounds for each and every one of the eight of them.

“Just, what I thought. A bunch of wussies.” Which got me just what I wanted. One said wussy took a swing at me. Caught his fist and held my temper. I knew I could kill him, throw him across the adjoining athletic field, or crush his hand, but I didn’t. I did give him enough pain to know that I could crush his hand.

“Now, go.”

They didn’t move. The principal came out and asked if there was a problem. I said they were hassling Gary and then they proceeded to make fools of themselves. He told them to go home or face the wrath of an angry principal. They chose to leave.

Gary and I didn’t talk much. In a puppy dog way, he is very cute.

+ + + + +

 

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hey guys!

Came out to my car after school and all four tires had been slashed. I repaired them as if nothing had happened. I wish I could do the same to a few of the pickups the enemy jocks drive, but that’s dark side thinking so I can’t. There is a solution; I just have to find it.

Gary rode home with me. David joined us; I think just to make certain Gary stayed out of my pants. The problem is I’m fairly certain Gary is straight. He’s still in the ravages of puberty and sexual identity hasn’t congealed in his mind. I think he could go either way. Whatever the case, I’m not going to do anything.

School is fairly easy, so I asked Dad if I could take a class at the college after school. Since fall quarter doesn’t start for two weeks, he said he didn’t have any problem with it and to come out to campus after school tomorrow.

I told him about Gary and the jocks and he told me to be careful because this was a very athletic oriented community and many saw the jocks as near gods. I think maybe some jocks need to be moved a few notches down the respect ladder. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to do it.

Also, he asked what Gary’s last name was. I said I didn’t know. He asked me to find out.

+ + + + +

 

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hey guys!

Okay, came out after school and a bunch of kids are standing around my car while the unfriendly jock crew is beating the crap out of it with sledge hammers. Now, they expected me to get mad, but I didn’t.

That night on the evening news there was an item showing said jocks beating the crap out of my car, conveniently identified as to belonging to the son of Dr. Burk, a history professor at CUW, and, also, identifying each member of said crew. The reporter interviewed the owner of the car, who said he didn’t know why such upstanding, athletic sons of prominent church members in the community should be acting this way. The reporter also interviewed a number of other students who expressed similar views; one going so far as to identify one of said jocks as the son of the local Baptist pastor.

My car was hauled to our house and put in the garage where I’ll deal with it tomorrow. Will took Gary, David, and I home after having a deputy sheriff take a statement from each of us.

Dad wasn’t too happy because he knows it’s going to cost him insurance-wise, but I took him out to the garage and showed him my undamaged car. He looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

“How long do you think it should be in the shop?” I asked.

“A couple of weeks at least.”

“I suppose I’ll need a rental. Do you want me to come up with one or do you want to do it the regular way?”

“It wouldn’t break any rules if you did it on your own, would it?”

“Don’t think so.”

+ + + + +

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hey guys!

Guess who has been suspended from school for a week?

That’s right! The wrecking crew.

Guess who came to our house tonight after supper?

That’s right! The son of the Baptist pastor. His homophobic father sat out in the car, but the homophobic father’s homophobic son apologized.

I graciously accepted and said I hoped there wouldn’t be any more rancor between us. When the dumb jock walked away I know he hadn’t a clue what rancor meant.

Gary, David, and I are getting to be kind of close and it’s only been a few days. I don’t know where this is going.

“Dad, you wanted to know Gary’s last name. It’s Riser. Why did you want to know?”

“He’s your cousin. I heard your Aunt Suzi was moving back, but didn’t know where they were going to be living.”

“Aunt Suzi?”

“My younger sister, she went with Mom after the divorce. We hardly talk. Her husband Eric died last year of cancer. From what your Uncle Bill says, he had some good insurance policies because cancer ran in his family.”

“Uncle Bill? You’re dating a Will and have a Bill for a brother. You like Williams?”

“Billy, and Eddy, went with Mom, too, but Billy and I talk now and then. You’d like him, but he lives in Bangor, Maine. He teaches high school math.”

“Should I say anything?”

“You can if you want, but remember his mother hasn’t talked to me in twelve years.”

“Shit!”

“Yeah. Is Gary nice?”

“He’s kind of a wussy fem with a horrible lisp, and has eyes for yours truly. Do you know if he’s done Midsummer’s Eve?”

“No, he hasn’t. Maybe that’s one of the reasons Suzi moved back here. Do you know how old he is?”

“He’s a sophomore.”

“Well, last summer would have been his year unless he turned fifteen afterward.”

“I’ve got to do some studying. I better go upstairs.”

+ + + + +

 

August 29, 2008

Hey hey hey!

Three day weekend and God! Do I have homework or what!

Sheesh!

Broached the subject of relations with Gary. Said we might be cousins. He said he knows we are, but that shouldn’t be a reason why we can’t be friends. David glared at him because I think he knew what Gary wasn’t saying. The kid definitely has the hots for me; I’ve definitely detected a tightening in his jeans on a number of occasions. That burns right through David’s heart, which is strange because David is so non-committal about our relationship.

Not much going on this weekend that I know of. That is until I got home and found a bunch of duffle bags on my bedroom floor. Dad said Will wanted to take me up to the cabin this weekend. I told him about all the homework I had, he said I could take it with me. I asked what about no electricity and he said he was lying. He’s coming, too. And, he invited Gary and Aunt Suzi to join us.

Oh, shit!

Well, David and his family are going to his grandparents’ place over on Lake Michigan. David was trying to get out of it, but couldn’t. I called him and said Will and Dad were taking me up to Will’s cabin. He said he already knew about it and to stay out of Gary’s pants and to keep Gary out of mine.

He said a chaste kiss between cousins was okay, but no touching below the waist.

Wow! Okay!

Uh, won’t be able to do any entries because there aren’t any decent connections up there and creating DSL service out of thin air in front of Gary would raise too many questions.

So I guess I’ll talk to you in September.

Copyright © 2011 CarlHoliday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am enjoying this. It is a lot of fun. I bet you had fun writing it too. Thanks for sharing it.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..