Jump to content
    CarlHoliday
  • Author
  • 2,696 Words
  • 1,481 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Josh's Blog - 7. November 2008

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

David and I are in Room 5C at Shady Maples, not that we can do anything.

But we are going to be doing a lot of things. The harder we work, the sooner we get out of here. Mrs. Merkel said that when we’re released from here both of us are moving into their guest room on the first floor. They’ll have a visiting nurse come by to make certain we’re doing what we should and not doing what we shouldn’t.

I smiled. David blushed.

I guess this wasn’t the first accident for the trucker that hit us. Plus, he tested positive for cocaine on the required drug test after the accident. Plus, they found drugs in his truck, enough drugs to get him in a lot of trouble. I guess the Feds are giving him a good look-see, too.

+ + + + +

 

Friday, November 7, 2008

Being at Shady Maples Rehab Center is just plain weird.

The oldsters are in the A and B wings, which run parallel to County Road AJ. The rehabs are in C wing and the long-term disabled in D wing; C and D are at approximately sixty-degree angles to A and B pointing east toward the cornfields. The offices, cafeteria, and recreation and OT/PT room are in the middle.

Since both of us have walkers, now, just like a lot of the oldsters, we take a lot of walks around the facility. We’re not allowed outside as our doctors did not specify that on the transfer orders, which is a bummer. Will said he’d look into it. If there’s an early snow, I want to get little skis attached to my walker; that is, if we get to go outside.

The cafeteria serves food flavored for oldster’s palettes; pretty bland if you ask me, but there is lots of fiber to keep the bowels moving. They don’t want any patients with blockages that might require enemas. Sometimes I think the nurses look at me and David like we might enjoy an enema. We’ve had one or two so far and, for one, I know I didn’t like either of them. Though, I’ve heard it’s supposed to be a “gay” thing to cleanse your bowels so you don’t get a shitty fuck. I think we’ll have to figure that one out since both of us are kind of new at this.

Dear sweet Mrs. O’Neill, who I remember from the last time I was in Pine Corner, is here now. She’s had a couple of seizures and thinks she’s on the ship that brought her to the US of A back in 1933. I guess on Halloween night they brought in a lot of kiddies and she was troubled about them running about. She thought the ship was sinking and no one would tell her where her lifeboat station was. They finally had to put her in her room and sedate her. Oh, to be old and relive a ship crossing.

Strangely, when I get to her age, I’ll be just hitting my prime. I wonder if David will stay with me for the long haul. If I don’t actually die, but go to the misty plain, I wonder what happens to David. Does he actually die and go wherever? Maybe, I should ask Gregor.

Can there be such a thing as forever?

+ + + + +

 

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hey guys!

Veteran’s Day or, if you’re like one of the oldsters around here, Armistice Day; as in Armistice Day from WWI, when every country in the whole wide world was at war with every other country in the whole wide world. Well, no, they might wish it was so, but it wasn’t. Oh, there were a lot of countries around the world at war, but it wasn’t every country. It’s not quite as bad as the World Series, when every baseball team in the whole wide world has a chance to win the pennant, as long as you only count the major league teams in the US of A and Canada, which for some people is the whole world.

It’s remarkable how big countries around the world often imagine when it’s their idea or problem it’s the whole world’s idea or problem.

Well, enough for today’s history essay.

Speaking of history essays, the school finally figured out that David and I haven’t been there for a couple weeks. All of our teachers bundled up a bunch of makeup work, because we’ve been, basically, lying around and goofing off since we stopped going to school on October 15th. Well, they’re not going to have any more of that goofing off. If we’re going to expect any kind of future, we need to buckle down and get our schoolwork caught up.

Speaking of future, Gregor stopped by the other day and told us a Professor Karl Urlaub, LLD, PhD, DDiv, MphD, formerly of the Theological University of Unteraul, has graciously accepted to tutor us on the cosmological history and future of the universe. He said that nearly all of the seminars would be conducted in the Valley, except for certain specific field trips to periods and places of specific cosmological or metaphysical interest.

David asked why he had to go with me. Gregor said we were bonded. David wanted to know what that meant and Gregor said he’d learn in a few years. David asked if he could go to a different school, say like the University of Wisconsin. Gregor said no as David’s future could not be achieved by a common education.

After Gregor left, David said he thought Gregor was being unreasonable. I said that Gregor was assuming we were committed to each other. If he (David) wanted to tell Gregor we are not committed, then he’d have to be willing to accept the consequences.

+ + + + +

 

Friday, November 14, 2008

Hey guys!

Well, David wouldn’t let it lie there. He had to know what Gregor meant.

So, I called him back and told David to ask his question.

So, David said, “What do you mean my future cannot be achieved by a common education?”

Gregor said, “You have bonded with Josh. If you wish to break the bond, I shall break it. If it is broken, I cannot guarantee that it can be put back together. Plus, you just may remain here while Josh follows his destiny. I had assumed you wished to follow him, but maybe I was mistaken. I’ll let you think about it, before severing your ties.”

And, he left.

David looked at me and said, “Did he say what I think he said.”

“I think he said if you want to go your own way in life, he’ll arrange it and we’ll never be friends, again. Quite possibly, it will be as if we never met. Quite possibly, he will put a barrier between us such that we can never, ever be friends. But, at least, he’s giving you a choice.”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought he said.”

+ + + + +

 

Monday, November 17, 2008

Hey guys!

Guess where David is right now.

No, we’re still together.

Right now, David is snuggled next to me in the bed in the Merkel’s guestroom. Yeah, they put a queen-size bed in here so we can sleep together in the all together. I think that was sweet of them. Of course, if we get hot and sexy, we need to do it before they get home.

You know here he was this afternoon?

He was standing in front of the vanity mirror in the guestroom bath and I was in front of him with his cock up my ass.

It was probably a stupid thing to do, but I needed to feel him inside me so much I was willing to risk a little pain for a moment of pleasure.

Can you believe it? It’s been over a month since we’ve been able to do anything sexual and I wanted everything he could give me. I don’t know exactly when he took off the condom and shoved it back inside, but I quickly became aware something was definitely different. It certainly was different afterward.

I guess David had his own needs, too.

+ + + + +

 

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hey guys!

One week to Turkey Day.

David is still having problems with Gregor dictating his future. Maybe he’s too young, too immature to fully realize what being with me for the long haul might entail; or, maybe it’s something completely different. I hope he’s not ready to make the full commitment to bind our souls.

Ben came to the house today, put us as we were before the accident and took us back to the Valley as it was in July 23, 1133, a rather insignificant date, but it was sunny and the dwarfs had ample dwarf ale, though David’s and mine were watered down again to the bad tasting soda. I guess the dwarfs were having some kind of celebration, but since I’m still not very good at netherworld languages, I had a little trouble getting the gist of what it was all about. After a while, I became aware that David was no longer in attendance, but since a young dwarf was telling me about his recent discovery of a garnet lode, I couldn’t go look for him.

Finally, after what must have been hours, the party broke up, but there was still no sign of David. Ben came over and asked me to follow him. There were miles of passages through the mountain, but eventually we came to an adit (that’s a horizontal entrance to a mine) where David was sitting next to a golden eagle. The eagle was talking to David.

Ben put a finger to his lips as we crept close enough to hear their conversation.

“Ben, you know I don’t like eavesdroppers,” the eagle said turning its head to toward us.

“Sorry, what’s going on?”

“David here is a bit confused. Aren’t you, son?”

“Yeah.”

It seems the eagle was explaining how things worked in the magical realm, the netherworld, and their relationship to the world of human realities. After a while, David got up enough nerve to ask the important question about his relationship with me and what that meant for him. I guess the eagle was quite helpful.

When we got back to the present, in our broken bodies, David wanted to snuggle and, eventually, we fell asleep.

+ + + + +

 

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hey guys!

Father O’Shea came to the house today to hear David’s confession and give him communion since it’s still kind of difficult for David to get to church; maybe he’ll try next Sunday. When Father O’Shea saw I was living at the Merkel’s he just walked out of the house, got into his car, and drove away without hearing David’s confession.

Mr. Merkel is pissed, but not as much as Mrs. Merkel. She said something to the effect of, “Well, I’ll see to it that he regrets that little tizzy to his dying day.” She was on the phone the rest of the day. I wish I could go to Saint Alberg’s tomorrow and watch the fireworks, but I’ve already been ex’ed out of their book.

David is still moody. I asked if he wanted to talk about it. He said he’d have to work it out on his own. I guess whatever the golden eagle told him must have hit him like a ton of bricks. At least he finds snuggling to be a curative to what ails him.

And, then, sometime around two David went away. We were sitting in the family room watching a football game on television with Mr. Merkel when David blinked out of our reality. Mr. Merkel looked at me. I said, “Whatever you do, don’t sit there or you’ll get a lapful of David when he returns.”

“Where’d he go?”

“To talk to an eagle, I suspect.”

“A what?”

“An eagle, a golden eagle. They were revered by the people in the Valley way back when. And, a few of them carried messages between various good people of the netherworld and sorcerers.”

“Oh.”

David was back before supper. A few hours after he came back, must have been seven or so, there was a tapping sound at the back door. David started hobbling toward it, but his mother got there first. I heard, “Is David available?” Followed immediately by, “Oh my God!” Followed by, “Yes, yes, I’m a talking bird. David, are you there?”

By this time David reach the door, with me not too far behind and his father bringing up the rear, and a golden eagle strutted into the house. David said, “Wait, how’d you get here?” The eagle said, “Same way you did. Sorcerer, can you leave? I need to talk to the boy.”

So I went into the guestroom, typed this up, and now I’m going back to 1523. I’ll let you know how it all turns out.

+ + + + +

 

Monday, November 24, 2008

David had a stroke last night.

We were getting ready for bed and he looked weirder than normal. Then he gave me an even weirder look and fell to the floor, which for either of us is quite a trick with one leg in a cast from hip to toe. So, I guess you could say he fell over.

And, he couldn’t talk. I knew what was wrong and not because I’m a sorcerer. It was on our discharge instructions.

The Pine Corner EMTs took him to Petawnsky and they called in a medi-copter to transport him to Madison.

I wanted to go, but Dad said I had to go to school today, as planned.

The school sent a handicap bus since I’m still using a walker.

Will came by after school and took me to the hospital.

David looks okay, now, but they’re afraid there might be some lingering paralysis and he’ll have to go through speech therapy.

Just before we left, Will and David’s parents left us alone for a little bit. David said the eagle told him this was going to happen. The eagle told him his attitude toward Gregor was unacceptable and he needed to be taught a lesson. The eagle also said that Gregor wanted to do something much worse, but the council overruled him. David asked me if I still loved him. I told him nothing could stop me from loving him. We kissed and I left.

+ + + + +

 

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hey guys!

Turkey Day!

Football games all day long!

David’s at Shady Maples. Dad and Will took me over to see him.

’nuf said.

+ + + + +

 

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hey guys!

Dad moved me back home yesterday and put me in the guestroom/TV room. It’s okay, but I miss David. Will said he’d probably be there until Christmas, maybe longer.

I know that at night, when his body goes to sleep, the golden eagle and Ben take him back, but not to 1523. It’s a century or two earlier.

Gregor told me not to worry because David was a good boy. He also said he was sorry what happened, but since I was a novice sorcerer, I had to be protected. I asked what he meant and he said, “Your future is preordained. Whether David was to be a part of it was not. He questioned the authority of our society and he had to be dealt with. That stroke could have been much worse.”

All I know now is that David is a lot more withdrawn. His parents say it is because of the stroke, but I know it is because he knows it could have been much worse. He also knows that all he has to do if he wants to stop is say so, but he also knows that choice will be irrevocable. I know he doesn’t want that.

Copyright © 2011 CarlHoliday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..