Jump to content
    CarlHoliday
  • Author
  • 4,685 Words
  • 1,899 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Josh's Blog - 2. June 2008

Sunday, June 1, 2008

 

Went to church today.

Brent and his parents were there, but they were sitting in the middle of a full pew. I went up to the altar and said a little prayer. Sorry, it was personal. I looked toward Brent as I walked back to where I was going to sit, but he looked away just as I got to his pew. What’s going on?

I was sitting there feeling sorry for myself, when some kids came in and sat on either side of me. They all looked a couple years younger. The boy next to me smiled.

“Hi, I’m David,” he said. He was about a head shorter than me with the fair skin seen a lot around Pine Corner. His hair is sun lightened brown and his eyes are dark pools of wonder. I knew I was staring into them.

“Joshua, Josh.”

“You’re Dr. Burk’s son,” David said.

“Yeah.”

“Do you swim?”

“Yeah.”

“Wanta come to my house after church for a pool party?”

“Sure, where do you live?”

“Big white house behind the post office.”

This, then, would be David Merkel. The Merkels are the richest people in Pine Corner, not that that is saying much. They just live in the nicest house in town. Well, they’re the only ones who have a pool. There are some nicer ones outside of town, but they’re all surrounded by cows (stinky), or corn (dusty). I’m not saying farmers are rich, but they do tend to have nice homes, at least around here.

Since it was pool party, I wore shorts. David, who is only fifteen, wore skimpies and, surprisingly, filled them quite well. Nature certainly has been kind to him. Why not me? Do you hear me Mother Nature? How about just a half inch? Is that too much to ask for?

In his skimpies, David presents himself with a slender body with tight skin over ample muscles. He’s built like a sprinter or maybe a road cyclist. He’s so sexy I was totally lost for words. Is there such a thing as love at first sight? God, I hope he’s gay, or just a little gay. He’s too cute not to be.

Guess who was at the party or, rather, who took me over to the Merkels? That’s right! Dear old Dad and Will, who seemed to know all about the party.

+ + + + +

 

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hey guys!

Stuck at home, again. No, Brent. Guess he has a problem with me being gay. Guess his “okay” wasn’t actually okay.

Will came to dinner tonight. It rained. Dad still barbecued, but we ate inside, as the screened porch was too chilly. It was somber to say the least.

I came up here just after cleaning up the kitchen, which is one of my chores around the house.

Will left about an hour ago and Dad came up to say goodnight.

We tried to talk, but Will kept getting in the way. It’s me that’s the problem and I said so to Dad. He told me that Will wanted to take me up north to his cabin. It’s on a lake in the woods. It’s so far back they don’t have electricity, have to hand pump water out of a well, and there’s an outhouse. I guess it’d be just Will and me. I don’t know if I want to, but I told Dad I’d think about it. He thanked me for not saying no right away.

Also, Dad said something about Midsummer’s Eve, which I guess is a special day here in Pine Corner. He wasn’t too specific, but said he’d talk to me more about it. I guess it will be important for me because I should’ve gone two years ago when I was fifteen, but Mom moved me back to Seattle just after school let out and I wasn’t here last summer, either.

Anyway, that’s all for today.

+ + + + +

 

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hey guys!

My Mac finally arrived today so I don’t have to wait for Dad to use the only PC in the house.

Speaking of Dad, we had a talk today before he went to work. He’s only teaching one class this summer because he’s working on a book about Tenth Century Europe, which is his specialty, so we had time this morning to talk.

Basically, I wanted to talk about Will because, well, it’s weird knowing your dad has a boyfriend. That’s what I said, “Dad, I feel uncomfortable with the whole thing about you and Will.”

And, we talked, a lot, and then he had to leave.

And, then, I played games on my Mac because there’s not a lot to do in Pine Corner.

 

+ + + + +

 

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hey guys!

Okay, okay, it’s been a week. I admit it, okay! Sorry if I ruined your life.

Just because I have my Mac doesn’t mean I get to go online. We only have one phone line into the house, so when Dad is using the PC, I’m not online, and I can’t go online when he isn’t here because, lo and behold, we don’t have voice mail or call waiting here either and he wants to keep the phone line open. So there Josh, you’re just going to have to live with it. It may be the Twenty-first Century everywhere in the world today, but it’s not even the last half of the Twentieth Century in Pine Corner.

What’s been happening?

Well, Pine Corner is so exciting I don’t know where to begin. I can’t begin to tell you about how exciting it is around here because it’s so boring not being able to get around now that Brent has a problem with me being gay. So, basically, nothing happened. NOTHING!

On the other hand, Will stopped by today at lunchtime and took me to Bob’s Burger Barn in Petawnsky. Can you imagine living in a town where the nearest McD is over thirty miles away? Talk about being in the middle of nowhere. Imagine, there are places here in America where you can actually say, “This is the middle of nowhere”. Well, yes, I guess you can say that about some places. I’ve been through Wyoming and that State is full of a lot of middles.

Will is the County Coroner, but don’t even think about there being anything close to a CSI here. Plus, he said the last homicide in the county was five years ago when some jerk tried to rob the Petawnsky Community Credit Union and shot the teller. Yes, the teller. They only had one. Then he walked out just as two county deputies were coming in, guns drawn because they’d heard the shot. The courthouse was across the street. Dumb criminals.

“Do you believe it? The guy pissed himself when they cuffed him. What a mess.”

“What happened to him?” I had to ask.

“Well, seems he was wanted in Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, (see a pattern here?) Idaho and Washington for bank robbery and two other murders. They started trying him in Washington and so far, they’ve made it to North Dakota. He already has two death sentences, so when he finally gets here, it’ll be a bit redundant. How’s your burger?”

“Okay,” I said.

“You know, you should come by some day when you’re out and about.”

“Out and about with what. I’m unwheeled here.”

“Not even a bike?”

“Nope.”

“What about the Schneider boy? What’s his name? Brent?”

“Yeah, uh, he can’t see me anymore.”

“Let me guess, the homophobic bitch who dropped him from her loins doesn’t want precious little Brent over at Dr. Burk’s house because it’s full of gays?”

“Yeah, that’s it.”

“Well, at least it’s not about you.”

“What about me?”

“That you’re gay.”

“Who told you I’m gay?”

“Your dad. I asked him, when we got serious, if you were going to have a problem with us, you know, living together, sleeping in the same bed, but I guess you’ve got one anyway.”

“Fuck! Does he tell you everything?”

I was so mad I was practically crying. I got up and walked out the door. Will came out and convinced me to get in his car. He drove me out to this pond that is about two miles from the house. There’s this patch of woods beside a dirt road and in the middle of it there’s this pond. We sat on a log and watched water bugs.

“Looks almost good enough to swim in,” I said.

“Can’t,” Will said.

“Why?”

“There’s an aloo in there, or has been in the past.”

“What’s an aloo?”

“A mythical creature of North America that preys on swimmers.”

“You’re kidding, right?”

“No, I’m not.”

“In other words, if I go swimming in that pond right now, I may die?”

“It’ll pull you under and hold you down until you drown. Happens all the time, not here, of course, because everyone knows about it. By the way, has your dad spoken to you about Midsummer’s Eve?”

“Yeah, he mentioned it and said he’d get back with me. Why?”

“Oh, nothing, come on, I’d better get back to work, so I can go home in an hour or two.”

“Do you do anything else around here?”

“I help out at the Petawnsky County Community Hospital. I’m a surgeon. Get appendicitis and I’ll cut it out for you.”

“Thanks, but mine’s been taken.”

“Tonsils? I can do those, too. If you still have your foreskin, I can do circumcisions, but not for babies. Tummy ache? I can cut you open and take a look.”

“You’re grossing me out.”

Okay, so Will is an okay guy.

I yelled at Dad tonight before dinner. Then came up to my room. Went down to pee and get a swallow of water, but came right back up.

+ + + + +

 

Friday, June 13, 2008

Hey guys!

I guess it’s a week until Midsummer’s Eve. I still don’t have a clue as to what will happen. Dad said he was going to talk to me, but he hasn’t yet.

Will took me to lunch, again, today. We took our burgers and fries out to a different pond. I guess this one definitely has an aloo in it. I looked it up on the web, but can’t find any mention of the beast. I asked Dad, but he said it was just something the local farmers told kids to keep them from skinny-dipping in their ponds.

Will is turning out to be a pretty neat guy. He says I should apply to some schools other than CUW, but I told him Dad and Mom didn’t want to spend any money on me. He said, since my grades are better than average, well, in the top five percent of my class, I shouldn’t have any trouble getting scholarships to cover the cost. And, he added that the free benefit is sometimes transferrable to other schools, you don’t have to use it at a parent’s place of employment. I said I’d think about it.

He’s trying really hard to get me to like him, and I think he’s winning. Though, I still have trouble imagining him and Dad in bed together. Who’s the top? I hope to God it isn’t Will. I can’t imagine Dad being fucked and liking it.

Dad said he talked to Brent’s father, but he said nothing could be done. Monica put her foot down, firmly. Bitch!

Talk to you guys next time.

+ + + + +

 

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hey guys!

Today was totally weird with a capital W.

Will came by the house and took me to confession.

Then, after we left, I asked Will about Midsummer’s Eve. He said that’s why he was with me today. I asked him what was going on and he said, I quote, “I have to introduce you to your satyr and your father can’t do it. It’s a rule, okay?”

I’m going to let all of you look up “satyr” on Wiki, Google, or whatever you want, and come back. I’ll wait a bit before continuing.

. . .

Okay, everybody up to speed?

My satyr’s name is Nereus.

Will took me out to this farm where there is another pond in the middle of a fairly large wooded area. There were a few other cars there and Will told me that the other boys and girls were meeting their satyrs, too, but we wouldn’t see them.

He took me into the woods to where there was a bench sitting in a little clearing. There were four neat little piles of clothes. He told me to strip. I looked at him as if he was crazy. “You can’t be a full member of the community unless you do this. You have to meet your satyr before Midsummer’s Eve and today is the only day I have available. You, also, have to do this if you want to go back to the old country next summer.”

Well, I did it and felt silly standing there naked. Then he simply walked away.

Okay, now, it gets really weird. Have you ever walked into a very warm room and felt as if the heat has blasted you? Have you ever been to the desert, looked toward the horizon, and seen the air wiggle? Have you ever accidently tried to electrocute yourself, you know, just a tingle in the finger? Well, if you’ve done all of those, then you might understand what I felt when I slipped into another world and saw this really strange man-beast standing in front of me.

The satyrs we have are all goat-men, you know, with horns, pointy ears, a lot of fur, and goat-like legs and feet. Nereus took me into another forest and after awhile we came to a clearing where we sat in the grass and talked.

Basically, I got the history of the old country. You can’t read this in any books because where we’re from is essentially mythical. He also told me about the Midsummer’s Eve celebration. There’ll be a large bonfire, a lot of naked people, a lot of revelry (which satyrs like a lot), a lot of wine and beer (which satyrs like a lot more). Sounds like fun.

And, then, suddenly, everything went really weird, if I wasn’t having a weird experience already. I could’ve sworn I was on my hands and knees and Nereus was, you know, mounting me. I could’ve sworn I felt his satyr thingy thrusting in and out of me.

And, then, I was back at the bench where I’d undressed. My clothes were the only ones there. I dressed and walked back to the car. Will drove me over to Petawnsky where we had burgers.

+ + + + +

 

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hey guys!

Went to church and sat with David and the others, again. Brent wasn’t even there. Am I obsessing over Brent? He’s gone, I have to accept that.

“So, which one did you get?” David asked. “You know, your satyr.”

“Nereus.”

“No shit?”

“Shush,” an old lady in front of us hissed.

“Yeah, why?” I whispered.

“He’s like, one of the rare ones. He doesn’t show up for like decades at a time,” David whispered. “But, mine said he was coming this year.”

I looked at the other kids and they were nodding their heads in agreement.

“You must be special. Hi, I’m Susie,” the girl next to me said.

“Hi.”

“We’re all getting together at David’s house after church for a pool party. Do you want to come?” Susie asked.

I looked over at David who shrugged and shook his head.

“Sure,” I said.

“Did your dad mention this one, too?” David asked.

“No.”

“Figures.”

It was nice. All the other kids were fifteen and all their parents were there, too, including Dad and Will.

When we got home, I asked Dad about why the sudden cold-shoulder from Brent and his parents.

“They’re not like us,” he said. I guess he could see I didn’t understand. “Neither of Brent’s parents is descended from families who emigrated from the Valley.”

I was trying to understand and he picked up on it.

“Look, if you had grown up here, like I did, and like Will, and most of every adult in town, you’d understand. You’re directly descended from former residents of the Valley of the Dwarfs in ancient Hymballia. It’s a mythical place in the middle of Europe. Didn’t your satyr explain all that?”

“Yeah, but is it really mythical?”

“Oh, it existed and to some extent exists today. Brent’s parents and a few other families try to make a big show of not being like us, but they’re pretty much ostracized from the community.”

“David Merkel said my satyr is rare. What’s that mean?”

“Who chose you?”

“They choose? It was Nereus.”

“Yes, they choose. Nereus, huh? Nereus hasn’t been around since before your grandfather’s time. I’ll check around. This may be very important. Something must be up or he wouldn’t show up. Don’t worry; I’m sure it’ll all turn out okay.”

“Don’t worry? Dad, when you talk like that, you make me worry.”

Well, Brent is off my list. Damn! But, you know, David is kinda cute. More about him some other day.

+ + + + +

 

Monday, June 16, 2008

Hey guys!

Well, how should I say this?

Nereus came by today.

Actually, Nereus showed up this morning before I was awake. I was having a dream. It was a really weird dream. I was making out with Brent, seriously making out with Brent. You know, the wet dream kind of making out.

Then I was in a meadow full of flowers. I was naked and sitting cross-legged in the flowers. I could hear bees buzzing all around me. A rabbit came along and stopped in front of me. It cocked its head this way and that; then, suddenly, it slipped into a rabbit hole. As it did, a golden eagle landed and took the rabbit’s place. It squawked, or was it a chirp? It kind of danced from one foot to the other. Then it talked.

“Welcome home, sorcerer, you’ve been missed.”

I wanted to talk, but it was as if I couldn’t open my mouth.

“Don’t worry you will see us all in good time. We’ll share a tankard of dwarf ale.”

Then it flew off.

I sat there in the sun for quite a while until I heard the meadow rustle around me. I felt someone, or something, behind me and then I saw very hairy legs on either side of me. A bearded face was at the back of my neck kissing me. Then a hairy hand came around my waist and grasped my hard-on.

“Go back to sleep,” Nereus said.

And, I did.

I woke up with the covers kicked off me, naked even though I went to bed in sleeping shorts, and cum all over my stomach and chest. Plus, I had that feeling in my ass.

When Dad came home that afternoon, he looked worried. I asked him what was wrong and he said, “Nereus will tell you.”

I told him some of the dream, leaving out the sex before and after; especially the part where the golden eagle talked to me.

He said I should talk to Nereus about that. He said he wasn’t qualified.

Okay, this is getting too weird, even for me. What the heck is this place?

+ + + + +

 

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hey guys!

Well, I had that dream, again, last night; though it was probably this morning considering the freshness of the cum all over me.

There was a difference and I don’t know if it mattered. There wasn’t a golden eagle. There was a large, black wolf. It talked to me, too.

“Welcome home, sorcerer, you’ve been missed.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, surprised I could talk as generally I don’t talk in my dreams.

“You are the sorcerer who will come home. We’ll share a tankard of dwarf ale.”

Then it ran off across the meadow and Nereus settled in behind me and gave me another hand-job. After I came, he said, “On your hands and knees, I must pass on magical essences you’ll need after Midsummer’s Eve.”

And, he fucked me, again. Only this time, it was different. I can’t explain it, but it was as if what was happening was something I expected.

Will came by at lunchtime and took me out to the pond near our house. He’d gotten some fried chicken, coleslaw, and root beer and we had a sort of picnic.

There was a big splash out in the middle of the pond and I saw in my mind the aloo just below the surface. It’s not a pretty creature, very prehistorically mythic, you might say.

I told Will about the dreams. He said I need to talk to Nereus. I asked him how to I get in contact with him. He said, “You just ask him to be with you and he should appear.”

“What if he’s with someone else in the world?”

“Satyrs can be in multiple places at the same time. It’s sort of like multiplexing on a mythical scale. The human brain can process only so much information at once, so gaps are created in the observed world and a satyr uses those gaps to be elsewhere, but Nereus is different. There’s only one of him. If I’m correct, there may be someone else in your life after Midsummer’s Eve.”

You know, Wisconsin has got to be one of the weirdest States here in the good ol’ US of A.

After lunch, I went for a walk and ran into Brent down at the store.

“Hi,” I said.

“Hi, sorry about not calling you,” he said.

“It’s okay,” I said.

“It’s just this time of year,” he said.

“Sorry about you not being invited.”

“It’s okay; Mother says you’re all a bunch of pagan heathens and should’ve been burned at the stake years ago.”

“That’s funny.”

“No it isn’t. I’m sorry, but I can’t see you for awhile.”

And, that was that. The lady in the store winked at me and said she understood how it was. She’s one of us. This place has gotten so weird.

+ + + + +

 

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The dream, again.

No wolf, no golden eagle, but a little person with a full beard and green hair pulled back in a ponytail. He was holding a battle-axe with what had to be the sharpest blade I’ve ever seen.

He bowed and said, “Welcome home, dear sorcerer, there will be tankards of dwarf ale, baskets of dwarf muffins, and we’ll roast a freshly slaughtered lamb.”

Nereus didn’t give me a hand-job and I didn’t have cum on me when I awoke; though I was naked and the bedcovers pulled back. Nereus was sitting at the foot of the bed.

“What the hell’s going on?” I asked.

“You have been chosen.”

“What do you mean?”

“I am not at liberty to say. All will be revealed in time.”

“I want to know now!”

“Sorry, not until after Midsummer’s Eve.”

“What’s so special about Midsummer’s Eve?”

“I will pass on my essence and you will become one with the Valley.”

“You’ll give me something, then?”

“In a manner of speaking, yes.”

“Then what happens?”

“You will meet your mentor.”

“Where?”

“I’m not at liberty to say. Please stand at the edge of the bed; I must pass on more of my essence. The time is near.”

I swear this is getting weirder and weirder. I had more questions, but he fucked me and disappeared. He wouldn’t come back no matter how much I pleaded.

I heard a voice, and it wasn’t Nereus, say, “Go back to sleep, Josh.”

So, I did, I think. Or was I asleep all the time. And, then, it seemed I was on my hands and knees again, but this time I’m almost certain it wasn’t Nereus. It felt like it was a full-grown man. I never imagined what having a real cock in my ass would feel like. I’m not certain I liked it.

Then I woke up.

+ + + + +

 

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hey guys!

Last night’s dream was the weirdest yet. I was sitting on top of a mountain. There was an old, old man sitting on my left and the golden eagle was on my right. I could see for miles and miles, but directly below us there was this valley. It appeared very rural because there didn’t seem to be many people, but there was obviously a lot of farm animals like cows, goats, and sheep.

“This can be yours if you desire,” the old man said.

“Where are we?”

“This is the Hymballia, the heart of the Hinterland,” the golden eagle said.

“This has remained as it was for centuries; the world passed it by long ago,” the old man said.

“This is where I’m from, isn’t it?”

“Yes.”

“You’re my mentor,” I said.

“Yes.”

When I awoke, Nereus was sitting on the bed beside me. I was hard. For the first time I noticed he was, too, but his is like many animals and is mostly sheathed when not aroused. He was definitely aroused. I looked at him. He smiled.

“I met my mentor, but I don’t know his name.”

“In time, in time, today is the eve of Midsummer’s Eve,” he said.

“Okay.”

“Turn over onto your stomach.”

“Why?”

“I must pass on more satyric essence before tomorrow’s celebrations.’

“What if I don’t want to do this?”

“Everything stops; everything goes back to as it was. You may find yourself in your bed in Seattle. You will never be welcome in Pine Corner, again, forever.”

When I turned over onto my stomach, he pulled me up into a kneeling position. Then he entered me. Ever see a male dog fuck a bitch? Well, I’m sure that’s what it looked like.

And, then I woke up. I had been asleep the whole time. I don’t know what Dad’s been putting in my food, but these dreams are just plain weird.

+ + + + +

 

Friday, June 20, 2008

Hey guys!

Well, today’s the day.

Another weird dream.

My mentor’s name is Gregor and he’s been dead for over five hundred years. See? Weird. He said that after the celebration my instruction would begin in earnest. He said I should find a companion who would be willing to spend a couple hundred years with me. I said I was a little young to find a wife. He said it didn’t necessarily have to be a wife. He said, with a wink, a husband would do just as well.

I awoke or I think I was awake. Nereus mounted me, again. There’s something so nonsexual about what happens, but I beginning to feel strange afterward, sort of tingly all over.

Then I really did wake up. It’s weird being fucked by a satyr in your dreams, especially when it’s so real.

David called and I went over to his house and went swimming. All the other kids were there, too. They were having a great time, but I kind of hung out in a corner. David came over and asked if I was okay.

“Yeah, I guess. I’ve been having a lot of weird dreams. I suppose you have too.”

“No. What kind of dreams?”

“I don’t think I’m supposed to tell you.”

“Did you find out about Nereus?”

“Yes. It’s all very complicated.”

I went home early and took a nap. When Dad woke me, he said it was time to eat. I knocked this off, so I guess I won’t have anything more until tomorrow or Sunday.

Copyright © 2011 CarlHoliday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Carl - this is SO not like stories I normally enjoy reading.

 

That being said, I like it very much - go figure.
Anyway, I'm trying not to read it too fast, trying to absorb and enjoy and wallow.

Link to comment
On 01/24/2016 10:56 AM, skinnydragon said:

Carl - this is SO not like stories I normally enjoy reading.

 

That being said, I like it very much - go figure.

Anyway, I'm trying not to read it too fast, trying to absorb and enjoy and wallow.

Thanks for the review.

 

Yes, I think I unconsciously try not to please my readers, which goes a long way to explaining why I don't have that much of an audience. Eh, I write stories I enjoy writing, and it's nice that you like Josh's Blog so far.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..