Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ripper Christmas - 3. Boxing Day

“Let’s go before Mum wakes up. I don’t want to deal with her this early in the morning.” Owen held Liebe against his chest as he strode toward the Liston Winery vehicle they were borrowing. It was large enough to fit five men and an infant, plus boards. CJ followed, carrying the backpack with baby supplies.

While Owen and CJ got settled, Spencer took the driver’s seat. “I still can’t believe Mum wanted to go behind CJ’s back. You see what I’ve been going through?”

 

 

With most guests unaware of what had transpired, Geoff had escorted his wife to their bedroom, and the festivities continued. The disagreement left Owen jumpy and visibly stressed, but CJ had the perfect antidote. “Oz, bring Liebe back. Drop her on the floor and let her play with her plush zoo. I have a bottle of wine for you.”

She was immediately surrounded by her young cousins, trying to get her to say the animals’ names. Kangaroo came out as roo, and platypus became pus. While the adults watching laughed, the younger set passed her around. Each one wanted to hold her, always asking Uncle CJ or Uncle Owen to snap pictures of her sitting on their laps.

When Geoff returned, he explained Pam was overcome with emotions and would likely sleep through the night thanks to the pill she took. He swore she would be fine the next day.

 

 

“She needs help.” CJ had been ready to lambast Pam the previous day; he was unsure how he controlled himself. Still, he felt bad for the woman. She was obviously in pain. “Did she ever go to therapy after Liz died?”

“For about a month. She came back from the weekly sessions crying and refused to take depression meds.” Spencer shrugged, apparently unable to comprehend his mother’s actions. “She asked the chemist about possible side effects and told him not to bother with the pills.”

CJ turned to look at his husband. “Sorry, guys. She might be your mother, but we’re not leaving our daughter alone with her until she gets right. Are you two sure the woman taking care of Liebe tonight is okay?” Up to the day, only relatives had watched over the infant.

“Yeah, she’s fine. I know her. Her daughter went to school with me, and she’s given her mother a couple of grandkids already. Our sitter has fresh experience.” Owen had made the arrangements since Liebe would be at the ceremony but not the reception.

After the previous day’s fiasco, CJ and Owen decided to join Spencer in the morning. They had originally planned to relax and maybe go for a ride to neighboring vineyards but did not want to confront Pam until they felt she was in control again. Since the women in the wedding party were pampering themselves at a spa, Spencer, Lachlan, and Chris had planned a jaunt to the beach for a wedding-day morning surf.

“An hour there, an hour in the water, and an hour back,” Spencer had explained. “We’ll return in time for lunch and a nap before we need to get dressed.”

“That works, mate. We’ll take one of my old boards. CJ or I will play with Liebe while the other one surfs.”

 

 

Lachlan and Chris, each holding a surfboard and carrying a garment bag, looked surprised when Spencer rolled to a stop in front of the Linsay home. “G’day! I found these two and their baby stranded in the kitchen, so I brought them along.”

Greetings over with, boards secured, and new passengers seated, Spencer headed toward the coast. “I’ll take a turn watching her if CJ and Owen want to go out together.” Chris made the girl gurgle happily when he scratched underneath her chin.

“She gets to go first,” CJ called out from the front. “Ozzie and I want to sit her on a board and take a picture with us next to her in the water.”

“Have you surfed before, CJ? I can help you if you don’t know what to do.” Lachlan’s offer confirmed CJ’s initial impression. Margot’s husband was a heck of a nice guy.

“A couple of times. During my first trip to Australia, Ozzie and a friend of his took me out in Newcastle.”

“He did good, Lach. I think all the martial arts training helped CJ with his balance. He was up on the board in no time.” Owen sounded like a proud husband.

“Yeah, but when we went again at Manly Beach with my dad, I wiped out pretty good too. I got cocky.” CJ was always willing to acknowledge his failures; he often repeated his dads’ mantra of mistakes being great learning opportunities. “Last time I did it was two years ago, I guess. Ozzie and I were in Daytona Beach for Bike Week and we sneaked in a morning in the surf.”

“Too bad you guys leave tomorrow. We could have done this a few times.”

“We need to get back, bud. It’s why we’re spending tomorrow night with Spencer and Tilda in Sydney. We all fly out together the following day.” CJ had reservations at The Russell, his favored boutique hotel in the city’s The Rocks section.

“I can’t believe you’re going with my sister and my brother-in-law on their honeymoon. Are you planning on showing him what to do?” Chris’ snarky remark earned him a middle finger from Spencer.

“Don’t be stupid, Chris. We’ll only be together as far as Los Angeles. Then Tilda and I catch a flight to Denver while CJ and Owen go on to Washington.”

“Life of the rich and famous. Tell me about this place again? All my sister said was it was in Vail and the stay was a gift from CJ’s parents.”

“Yeah, but my brother and CJ gave us the flight as a wedding present.”

“It seemed like the right thing to do. After all, your mom and dad paid for our honeymoon. But let me tell you, Ozzie and I were tempted to forget the New Year’s Eve party at our place and spend a couple of days with you guys. Liebe’s gonna have to wait a bit for her first ski trip.”

“Would you all fit in the place?”

Chris’ question made CJ uncomfortable; his reply was subdued. “Yeah, there’s room.”

“Bloody hell, there would be room for all of us!”

“Ozzie…” CJ’s warning was lost on his husband.

“You wouldn’t believe the place. It can sleep over twenty people.” Owen’s comment led to a cautioning stare from CJ. “The place’s ginormous.”

“That would be expensive to rent.” Chris took the conversation where CJ did not want it to go.

“Damn you, Ozzie! It doesn’t really cost us anything, Chris. My parents own it. It belonged to one of my dads’ parents, and he inherited it when they died.”

“Jesus Fucking Christ! How the hell rich is your family?”

“See, Ozzie? I was trying to avoid this. My parents are well-off, Chris. Papa Brett inherited money from his parents and his grandfather. Dad just knows how to play financial markets and made a good chunk in real estate too. But that’s them. Ozzie and I have to work for a living.”

“Bullshit!”

“Screw you, Spencer!”

 

 

Although Liebe appeared somewhat apprehensive when placed on a floating surfboard, her fathers each kept a hand on her back and she went along with the photo shoot.

“This is the Pacific Ocean, Liebe. I didn’t get to see it until I was much older than you are.” CJ intertwined his fingers with Owen’s behind her back as they posed.

CJ thought the water was a tad chilly for an extended swim; after a few minutes of dipping her in the shallows, he carried Liebe to shore. Wrapped in a large towel, the girl cooed while her father dried her.

“Ho, ho, ho!

“We wish you a ripper Christmas,
A full-bore ripper Christmas,
A dead-set ripper Christmas,
And a snappy New Year.”

 

The off-key version of the Christmas song attracted both CJ’s and Liebe’s attention. A young man wearing fake, white facial hair and a Santa hat and suit dropped his red board on the sand and squatted next to them. Laid back on the towel while her father fitted her with a fresh diaper, the girl reached for the man’s beard.

“Look, Liebe. It’s Surfin’ Santa.” CJ stood her up while the stranger held a finger out for her to hold.

“She’s a cutey, mate. How old is she?”

“Eight months.”

“Awesome! Every Aussie kid needs to start surfing early.”

CJ’s rich baritone laughter made his daughter chuckle. “Problem’s she’s only half Aussie, dude. I’m an American and she was born in the States.”

“Here on holiday?”

“Yeah, her uncle’s getting married tonight, so we brought her to meet her family.”

“Hope you have a brilliant time, mate. Now, if you’ll excuse me, the waves are whispering my name.”

“Dude, can I get a picture of her with you? People back home need to see this.”

 

 

Hungry and tired, Liebe fussed during the first half of the return trip. A sippy cup full of juice calmed her down for a bit, but they knew she had to be fed. Luckily, the return trip to the winery would not involve any stops; Chris and Lachlan would be getting ready there and head to church with the groom.

They found Kate Smith on the veranda smoking a cigarette; she stubbed it out as soon as Owen approached with the baby in his arms. “Hey, Aunt Kate. What you doing here?”

“Oh, I came by to see your mother and to bring her a couple of anti-anxiety pills. Hopefully, those will keep her calm the rest of the day.” Her eyes flittered between CJ, Owen, and Spencer. “We need to talk.”

The serious demeanor captured CJ’s attention. “Can we do it inside? We really need to feed Liebe.”

“Sure, I’d love to help anyway. It’s been a while since I fed a toddler. Chris, Lach, would you mind giving us some privacy?”

“Sure thing, Mrs. Smith. We’ll go drop our suits upstairs. Your bedroom, Spence?”

“Yeah. Or the one next door. That’s where CJ and Owen are.” Once the two left, Spencer turned to his aunt. “What’s up?”

“Geoff told me what was said last night. I’m sorry you guys had to go through that mess. But I want to give you something to think about.”

CJ placed his daughter in JP’s mother’s arms and Owen handed her the bottle he had readied. “Go on.”

“Look, I can partially relate to what she’s going through. When John Paul went to uni in California, I had to accept he would likely never move back to Australia. I talked to Pam a lot when she felt a similar loss after Owen left. She still had two kids at home, so she wasn’t entirely alone. Then Liz died and now Spencer’s getting married and will live elsewhere after the honeymoon.”

“Isn’t that the way these things go? Aren’t we supposed to grow up and live our own lives?” CJ was having trouble feeling sympathetic. “I think it’s all because she hasn’t dealt with Liz’s death. And let me tell you, Kate, three-and-a-half years is too long to have so many unresolved issues.”

“You’re not being fair, CJ. You can’t possibly understand the feeling of loss—”

“That’s bullpoop!” CJ’s raised voice and angry tone made the woman snap her head upwards. “You don’t think I know about loss? You have any idea what it feels like to be discarded by your own mother when you’re fifteen? Or how much it hurt to lose Liz and six months later my grandfather? I’ve experienced plenty of loss, but hell if I’m going to wallow in misery. Life goes on, and I don’t plan on being left behind.”

The woman was momentarily silent; a small smirk was her initial reaction. “My son’s right about you.”

“Say again?”

“JP’s told us plenty about you, CJ. He claims you’re one of the most determined, strong-willed men he’s ever met. I can now see some of what he described. But we’re not all the same. I agree Pam’s never properly dealt with Liz’s death. Last night, my brother asked for help, and I promised Geoff I’d do everything I could.”

“She needs therapy and probably some anti-depressants. At least for a while.”

“Agreed. I’ll make certain she gets both as long as the doctor concurs. But the three of you”she waved the bottle to encompass the Americans and Spencer“need to talk to her before tonight. Too much bloody tension the day of a wedding.”

“I’m in. But I’m warning you, she brings that baptism crap up again, I’m walking out.”

“She won’t. Geoff and I both talked to her. And I already gave her half a pill. She’ll get the other half when we get dressed.”

“Where is she now?” Owen’s countenance hardened when Kate first spoke; his contribution to the conversation had been repeated nods whenever CJ raised a point. “And can you watch Liebe while we go see her? She’s gonna need changing.”

“I’ll take care of her. Everything I need in that leather rucksack?”

“Yep. Come on CJ, Spence, let’s go deal with Mum.”

 

 

Owen rapped on his parents’ bedroom door while his husband and brother waited behind him. “Mum? It’s Owen. CJ, Spencer, and I would like to talk to you.”

“Come in,” replied Geoff.

“Hey, Dad. Glad you’re here. We need a family meeting.”

“I reckon…” The man did not appear ready for a confrontation. “But we’re gonna take it easy, okay? No shouting and no cussing.”

“That’s fine. I’m going first,” Spencer said, sitting on the bed next to his mother. “Mum, you’ve been a pain.” He raised a hand to silence his father when Geoff tried to say something. “Not now, Dad. Let me finish.

“Look, Mum, I realize you’ve had a lot to deal with. And that you’re not looking forward to me moving out. But you have to give me a break. I’m twenty-six and about to get married. Tilda and I need to live by ourselves for a bit. Didn’t you and Dad do the same when you first married? You didn’t move here until after Nana died and Jack gave up control to Dad.

“We want something similar. I mean, we won’t wait until somebody dies…” Spencer chuckled while Pam smiled. “Tilda knows we’ll one day live on winery grounds. When I take over from Dad. But until then, you’ll probably see me every day anyway. Remember I work here?”

“Spencer’s right, Pam. A newly married couple needs to live on their own for a while. Why do you think Ozzie and I moved out of my parents’ house after we got hitched?” CJ’s determination not to get involved in the conversation fell by the wayside. “Let Spencer and Tilda become secure in their relationship. No newlywed should be scared of stepping out of their bedroom and stumbling into someone. They should be able to run to the kitchen naked in the middle of the night if they want to.”

Pam actually giggled. “That’s what Geoff said every time Nana suggested he move back.”

“See?” Spencer grasped his mother’s hand in both of his. “You went through this, so stop thinking we’re abandoning you. We’re just taking a holiday from family living for a bit.”

Owen looked very serious when he sat on his mother’s other side. “We need to talk about last night.”

The words triggered something in Pam; she lowered her head, covered her face with her hands, and squeaked out a barely audible “Sorry. I was wrong.”

“Bloody right you were wrong. You—”

“Owen—” Geoff tone suggested a warning was on the way but he was unable to finish his thought.

“Relax, Dad. We’re having a conversation, not an argument. But I won’t allow what she did to be swept under the rug.” Owen returned his attention to his mother. “You asked me to go behind CJ’s back and that’s unacceptable. Hell, I’m not sure how he kept his cool. If he had said we were leaving and getting a hotel room, I would have followed in a second.

“Liebe’s our daughter. We will raise her the way we think’s best. Suggestions and advice from family and friends are always welcome, but we will make the final decision at all times.”

“I know, I know.” Pam’s facial expressions reflected a kaleidoscope of emotions. Her eyes were moist but steady when she stared into CJ’s. “I’m sorry,” she said to him. “I had no right to suggest what I did. I was out of line. Kate and I had a long talk earlier. I agreed to see a therapist again, and she promised to go with me. And if they suggest antidepressants, I’ll take them.

“I’m glad you guys stayed last night. Please don’t keep Liebe away from me.”

Owen stole a glance at CJ and received a nearly imperceptible nod. “We want you to get better, Mum. We’ll bring the baby back as often as we can. And you know you can come visit us anytime you want. We have plenty of room. Now, let’s talk about tonight. Are you okay with holding Liebe through the ceremony?”

 

 

“Hey! Why the heck aren’t you guys wearing skirts?” CJ was surprised when he came out of his room to find Tom Kennedy, Lachlan Taylor, and Chris Linsay wearing pants as part of their formal attire.

“They’re not skirts!” JP, Owen, and Spencer replied simultaneously.

Because he held Liebe in his arms, CJ was unable to move quickly when JP lifted the back of his kilt. “Good. I was scared you’d wear boxers or something, but I recognize that furry butt.”

“Hey! Watch it. I’m a married man and so are you.”

“Give it up, CJ. We’ve all seen your booty at one point or another.” Tom was apparently enjoying his young friend’s discomfort. “I can’t wait ’til you cross your legs and the world gets to see your wee wee.”

“Wee wee? How old are you again? And again, why are you guys wearing pants?”

“’Cause we ain’t Listons.”

“Neither am I! Last time I checked I was still an Abelló.”

“You’re a Liston by injection!” Raucous laughter echoed in the room after JP’s comment.

“TMI!” Spencer carried two gift-wrapped boxes with him when he entered the room. “We figured you’re close enough, CJ. You did father a Liston.”

“Not fair. Tom may not have fathered a Liston, but I know there’s plenty of JP’s DNA in him.”

“Jesus Christ!” Chris slapped his forehead. “Do you gay boys always talk this way?”

“Yes, they do.” Spencer vigorously nodded. “That story CJ told about me on the boat when I went to Washington? Why do you think I was so scared they were going to molest me?”

“Spare me the breeder-boy bull. The three of you need to get used to it. We do outnumber you right now, you know?”

“Then we better get out of here and go find reinforcements.” Spencer handed his brother and brother-in-law the packages he carried. “You guys gave me a flask as a present when I was in your wedding. Just so you know, it’s full and in my back pocket right now. I kept trying to figure out something unique, and this is what I came up with. Jack gave me the idea and pointed me to the guy who made them.”

“A purse?” CJ’s devilish smile hinted he knew what he took out of the box was.

“It’s not a purse, you bloody Yank! It’s a sporran. Handcrafted out of kangaroo hide. The guy who made them even burned your initials on the inside.” Spencer’s grin suggested he enjoyed verbally sparring with his brother-in-law. “And just so you know, CJ, you’re wearing a skirt because Tilda wants you to. She thought it would look hot to have three guys standing at the altar in kilts. Give me the baby so you can put on your purse.

The seamstress in charge of sewing new kilts for the Liston men had also made a dress for Liebe. At the moment, it was hidden behind an oversized bib. The girl’s top, center teeth were coming in. She was munching on a teething ring, and the fathers did not want her to drool on her outfit.

“My, don’t you all look handsome.” Pam’s voice made them turn in her direction.

“Mum! You look gorgeous.” Spencer air-kissed his mother; they had been warned not to smear anyone’s makeup. The Liston Tartan sash over her shoulder contrasted with the long, black, formal gown. “So do you, Aunt Kate.”

“Damn! My wife’s hot!” Joe Smith had joined the immediate family at the winery, since Kate was there to help Pam get ready. “You look fantastic, hon.” Being a Liston, Kate had donned a family tartan, full-length skirt topped by a frilly white blouse and a fitted black jacket.

CJ was busy taking pictures with his phone when a hand reached underneath the kilt and grabbed his balls. He jumped. “HEY!” Laughter enveloped the room. “You’re so dead, Owen Liston. Just you wait.”

 

 

Spencer, Owen, and CJ faced the back of the church, waiting for the bride to enter. When CJ nudged his husband, Owen lowered his head. “I think I like wearing a skirt. The air around my junk feels great.”

“It’s not a skirt, you bloody Yank!” Spencer’s whisper meant he had heard CJ’s comment.

“Whatever, dude. I’m gonna have to find excuses to wear it again.” As Alexandra then Margot walked in, CJ stole a glance at Liebe in Pam’s arms. “But I’ll tell you what, Liebe’s going to wear that dress a few times before she outgrows it. You have the cutest niece in the world, Uncle Spencer.”

The change in music ended their conversation, but a gasp escaped Spencer’s mouth when Tilda made her way down the aisle accompanied by her parents. CJ thought she looked radiant in her white gown.

The actual ceremony was similar to others CJ had attended; the draping of the stole was something new. Unlike the Liston Tartan sash Geoff pinned on Pam at their wedding, Spencer chose a shawl. The contrast between the white frilly dress and the colorful wrap made both shine brighter. At the end, as the wedding party prepared to exit, Owen detoured toward his parents, picked up his daughter, and carried her out in his arms.

If President Obama was the person most guests wanted a picture with at CJ and Owen’s wedding, Liebe was the most popular individual at Spencer and Tilda’s. Aside from the official pictures, it seemed every phone in the place snapped shots of the girl. The first in a new generation of Listons.

 

 

Because of Liebe, CJ and Owen did not drink as much during the reception as they would have otherwise. Sober when they returned to the house, they said goodnight to the sitter and shed their clothes as soon as they were in their room.

“Remind me to send Aunt Kate a thank you note when we get home.”

“For helping with Pam?”

“Yeah… Mum was good today. I really hate fighting with her, you know?”

“I like arguing with my dads.”

“You would, you asshole.”

“Hey! Watch the language. Anyway, what Kate gave your mom was Xanax. If Pam reacted so well to it, from everything I’ve heard or read I think she’ll be fine with a low dose anti-depressant. At least until she deals with her issues.”

“Here, may as well get this stuff in the garment bag now.” Owen passed CJ a hanger with his kilt and jacket. “One less thing to worry about tomorrow.”

“What time are we headed to Sydney?”

“Not sure. Spence said they would call us from whatever hotel they’re staying in tonight when they wake up.”

“Are we having lunch here?”

“I think so. May as well spend a little time with Mum, Dad, and Jack.”

CJ jumped in bed and interlocked his hands behind his head. “I’m glad we came. Seeing how happy Spencer and Tilda were made the crappy Christmas Day less bothersome.”

Owen turned off the nightstand lamp and cuddled up against CJ. “Maybe the Christmas fireworks were needed. At least Mum’s agreed to get help. In the long run, I’m sure we’ll forget most of the unpleasant crap and remember the good times.”

Copyright © 2019 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 52
  • Love 46
My thanks to @Mann Ramblings, @Reader1810, and @dughlas for their assistance with this story. It would have much poorer without your input.
And to the members and visitors who took the time to read, I love you guys. Your comments and reactions inspire me to keep writing.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



The chapter was great as always.  Glad to see Pam is going to work on her issues.  A good way to start the New Year.  Loved Ripper Christmas.  Too funny.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great follow up to the previous chapter......still don't think we have saw the last of Pam at her worse......And how all three stepped up to have the needed discussion was great!

The mental pictures of the guys in kilts made my morning.

Merry Christmas.....hope your holidays are filled and your dreams come true.... 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Enjoyed this chapter. Glad everything worked out fine. I was hoping somehow Liebe or someone would get either accidently or on purpose lifted CJ's skirt and exposed his hairy ass to everyone at the wedding. LOL!!

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Tonyr said:

Merry Xmas for you too.

A short epilogue coming on Sunday so you're not done with me this year yet!

Thanks Tony!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Bft said:

A great chapter and I am pleased that Pam is going to see a therapist and sort out her issues.

Happy Holidays 

Without help, Pam woud have likely sunk even lower. I always like to portray a family coming together to help each other.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Bft said:

I have not heard of this one before, where did you find it Carlos? 

Marc McNally, an Aussie author I've interacted with for a long time, sent it to me about three years ago. I immediately knew I had to write a story with it at the center. And I couldn't resist the title!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, avidreadr said:

The chapter was great as always.  Glad to see Pam is going to work on her issues.  A good way to start the New Year.  Loved Ripper Christmas.  Too funny.  

Glad you've enjoyed it, but we're not quite done. There's a short epilogue posting on Sunday.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, JayA said:

Great follow up to the previous chapter......still don't think we have saw the last of Pam at her worse......And how all three stepped up to have the needed discussion was great!

The mental pictures of the guys in kilts made my morning.

Merry Christmas.....hope your holidays are filled and your dreams come true.... 

Thanks, Jay

and the same to you. Stick around, a bit more fun, but no kilts, coming up Sunday.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, pickuptoy said:

Enjoyed this chapter. Glad everything worked out fine. I was hoping somehow Liebe or someone would get either accidently or on purpose lifted CJ's skirt and exposed his hairy ass to everyone at the wedding. LOL!!

 

LMAO

Liebe's crawling but cant stand. With CJ close to 6 feet tall, I think she's too short to lift his kilt.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

Good Lord I love a man in a kilt!

Yep! There's a certain allure...

I haven't figured out when or where, but I want to have the guys wear them again.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I feel much better for Pam.  Somehow I think CJ and Owen may have an ahhah moment when they see their children move out in the future...

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

LMAO

Liebe's crawling but cant stand. With CJ close to 6 feet tall, I think she's too short to lift his kilt.

I actually meant maybe with her foot as he lifted her up sometimes in the ceremony. Some kids shoes have Velcro on them that could or buckle or whatever. Not used to wearing a kilt CJ would not know realize it till after he had bared it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Wonderful way in which Pam was made aware that she needed help and committed to getting it.  A great chapter!  Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with unexpected blessings

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Yep! There's a certain allure...

I haven't figured out when or where, but I want to have the guys wear them again.

Hmmm, let me think. What about New Years Eve or maybe Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, Sunday, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, Monday, Flag Day, Tuesday, July 4th, Wednesday, Bastille Day, Thursday, Labor Day, Friday, Halloween, Saturday, Thanksgiving, aw hell any old day will do just put those two in plaid.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

I feel much better for Pam.  Somehow I think CJ and Owen may have an ahhah moment when they see their children move out in the future...

My late grandfather used to say something like sons they are but parents they'll be. If Liebe's half the handful CJ was, our boys are in trouble.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, pickuptoy said:

I actually meant maybe with her foot as he lifted her up sometimes in the ceremony. Some kids shoes have Velcro on them that could or buckle or whatever. Not used to wearing a kilt CJ would not know realize it till after he had bared it.

I'm certain someone other than JP got a peek at some point during the night.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, pvtguy said:

Wonderful way in which Pam was made aware that she needed help and committed to getting it.  A great chapter!  Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with unexpected blessings

Thanks, bud.

I didn't want the guys glossing over Pam's behaviour, the first step in her recovery is recognizing and accepting there's a problem.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Hmmm, let me think. What about New Years Eve or maybe Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, Sunday, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, Monday, Flag Day, Tuesday, July 4th, Wednesday, Bastille Day, Thursday, Labor Day, Friday, Halloween, Saturday, Thanksgiving, aw hell any old day will do just put those two in plaid.

I'm thinking they may wear them to the Australia Day celebration at the Aussie Embassy in January.

Those two don't go out as much as they used to, but I could see them going to The Eagle one night and wearing kilts and leather harnesses. :devil:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. I'm glad Pam got help. The wedding went well and the boys sounded hot in there kilts.

I'd pay to see them like that. I've now covered about half-a-dozen weddings in the series and this one I had fun with. Not a lot on the ceremony and the reception, but enough to show it was a good one.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..