Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 195 Words
  • 830 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Prompt You Say! - 11. Prompt 133 - A Moment in Time

First loves are messy, wonderful, disastrous, and unforgettable. They teach you, they wreck you, and they make you stronger. Choose any form you of writing you like- poetry, the short story, a journal entry, or even a news article and put down all the things you went through or a character you wrote went through in their first love.

A Moment in Time

He was taller, thinner, but attractive in a Texan way

Slow talking, sweet kissing, tender loving gentleman

Who, with barely a word, stole my heart that first day

And never let me forget it during our time together.

 

We were opposites, of that you can be sure.

Him the gentle giant, me the big bear in a glass world.

We came together for but the blink of an eye

But lord he kissed me till my toes curled.

 

Our time was just too short but isn’t that life

A visit, a span, a slice of time gone too fast

However fast it was at least there was no strife

And the memories are bittersweet to recall

 

Red hot passion to cooler flames of friendship

The passing of time and moving away from one another

Time passes faster than you once thought it did

While love finds one, the wait begins for the other.

 

Memories remain to fill in long span between then and now

But a first love remembered and a kiss beneath a holly bough

A treasure worth the time, a pain sweetly earned.

So my shot at retelling a first love. Taken from my past it is a bittersweet memory.
If you liked it feel free to click. If you want to comment, please feel free to.

Thank you for reading.
Copyright © 2012 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Poetry bares it all. You can not hide to poerty. Beautiful, sad and honest to the core. Captured the essence of first love so well. Thank you for sharing such an amazing piece of private emotion with us.

Link to comment
On 05/14/2012 04:54 PM, asamvav111 said:
Poetry bares it all. You can not hide to poerty. Beautiful, sad and honest to the core. Captured the essence of first love so well. Thank you for sharing such an amazing piece of private emotion with us.
Poetry has a tendency to show everything in what is and is not said. Thank you for reading and commenting.
Link to comment

A beautiful memory of first love, most are angry and bitter over love lost but this was amazing and sensual.

Link to comment
On 05/15/2012 12:59 PM, K.C. said:
A beautiful memory of first love, most are angry and bitter over love lost but this was amazing and sensual.
Well some relationships are hard to look back on but some are just bittersweet. John was just hard not to like and remember fondly.
Link to comment
On 05/17/2012 04:03 PM, JOeKEool said:
Nice. A nice memory and nicely written. Thank you,very enjoyable.
Thank you Joe. Funny, usually my poetry is dark but not so much this time.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..