Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 140 Words
  • 862 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Prompt You Say! - 7. Prompt 123 - Oh Mom, It's Spring

Mention poetry and see the look of fear on so many faces. Choose whichever kind of poetry you prefer to write in, but it must be about one of three topics. Choose from your favorite season, favorite holiday, or your favorite person. Length is up to you, but it must be long enough to give us a sense of why this is your favorite.

The sun is shining and the air is fresh, clear, and scented.

I walk around the yard and find the flowers are all beginning to bloom.

Crocuses poke their heads out in purples, whites, and variegated shades as well.

Daffodils and Narcissus grow in groups of bright whites and yellows.

I walk past your pussy willow bush and see the soft buds as they open.

Soon the air will be filled with the subtle hint of roses from your bushes by the fence.

Already I can see the azalea bushes beginning to crack open and the other plants are not too far behind.

Spring has opened its many colored cape and everything has new life flowing everywhere.

I wish you were here to see it with me, but your flowers still are here to remind me of you.

I guess I sort of stayed with the topic. Sorry been lost in thoughts of my mother and family lately and this was the result after rereading the prompt. Spring was her season and right now it fit.
Copyright © 2012 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 04/07/2012 02:27 AM, K.C. said:
Shining down on her amazing son and her beautiful blooms! :hug:
Thank you KC. :hug:
Link to comment

my mother loved flowers .. ive written about her and them ... flowers help keep her alive in my head .... i guess they do the same for you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

my mother loved flowers .. ive written about her and them ... flowers help keep her alive in my head .... i guess they do the same for you

My mom had a green thumb and flowers from spring til fall, but roses were her favorites. The yard was always alive with some type of bloom.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..