Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 484 Words
  • 4,145 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Neko Shorts - 4. Prompt #364: Slip of the Tongue

span style="font-size:1.1em;line-height:1.3em;">Prompt #364: First Line: "That's the last time I'm telling you anything."
Okay, so this one is short and rather corny (and probably crude too). Sorry if it offends anyone, but it was late and I'd had a bit of wine.

Prompt #364: First Line: "That's the last time I'm telling you anything."

 

A Slip of the Tongue

 

 

"That's the last time I'm telling you anything," Harrison snapped as he plopped down on the couch in his brother's study.

His brother, the esteemed Duke of Whitmore, was barely able to breathe as he was laughing so hard. Tears were actually starting to stream down the man's face. Harrison glared at the top of his brother's black-haired scalp as he bent over laughing into his hands.

"I--I--" Damien gasped for breath, "I can't--can't believe you said that. In front of her father, no less!"

"It's not funny," Harrison growled, still flushed with the embarrassment of his mortifying slip of the tongue in front of his future father-in-law.

The young neko at his brother's feet tilted his head, feline ears cocked in curiosity as he looked up at his master. Kayden was frowning at his master's abrupt collapse into hysterics, apparently not understanding what was so funny. Harrison knew Damien was not prone to fits of hilarity, although he had noticed that the man often looked like he was about to break when Kayden was caught playing with something he probably shouldn't be.

Damien was finally beginning to catch his breath again. His hand threaded through the long silky locks of his young lover sitting at his feet. Kayden still seemed to do that--sit on the floor in the presence of others, no matter how often Damien insisted that he didn't need to do that, especially not now. Harrison was beginning to think that the boy liked sitting there where he could perch himself under Damien's hand and encourage the bigger man to pet him. Kayden really did seem to enjoy Damien's firm, gentling touches.

"Geez, Harrison, what did he say?" Damien finally asked, reaching for his glass of bourbon from the table.

"He couldn't say anything! He was laughing like you, you idiot!"

Harrison saw the neko's tail twitch as he eyed his master curiously. Then the boy pierced Harrison with those vivid green eyes, wide with wonder.

"Yes, Kayden?" Harrison narrowed his eyes. "You have something to say?"

In the past, the feline hybrid would have been intimidated by Harrison's tone. But over the past few months, Kayden had come to realize that even if he was a little gruff sometimes, Harrison, nor anyone else in the house, would never hurt him.

Kayden shifted, his gaze briefly dropping toward Harrison's pants before lifting back to his face, tilting his head curiously.

"But..." Kayden glanced down again, frowning. "What is a cock shell?" the neko asked innocently. "It doesn't seem like something you should give Miss Penelope."

Damien choked on his drink as Harrison flushed angrily.

"Cockelshell! The necklace was made from a cockelshell!" Harrison sputtered, causing the poor innocent neko to flinch. "Fuck, leave out one little syllable..."

Copyright © 2015 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 1
  • Haha 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I just burst out laughing!!! :funny: I'm going to be thinking about that word for a long while!!! Thanks for the giggles. I love these Neko shorts. "Cock shell" too funny. :P

Link to comment
On 12/02/2014 06:33 AM, LitLover said:
I am really loving these Neko Shorts! They really brighten my day! Thank you.
:) Thank you, I'm glad that they give you a little smile for the day!
Link to comment
On 12/02/2014 12:55 PM, LadyDe said:
I just burst out laughing!!! :funny: I'm going to be thinking about that word for a long while!!! Thanks for the giggles. I love these Neko shorts. "Cock shell" too funny. :P
:D Glad you thought it was funny! It's hard to tell late at night; sometimes what seems funny then isn't as funny later... Wasn't so sure how it would be taken.
Link to comment
On 12/03/2014 03:34 AM, Fantasyboy69 said:
My friends thought I was insane when I started to laugh loudly. This was a masterpiece.
Thank you! It was one of those that I wasn't sure how it would come across. I'm glad everyone seems to think it was as funny as it seemed in my own mind late at night!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..