Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 131 Words
  • 4,304 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2016 - Spring - Crossing the Line Entry

Mixed Emotions - 5. Rubaiyat - Until Death

strong>Some personal experience and an unforgettable memory from past…

I had stridden strength, holding her, entire night.
Until the morning, it was like a fight.
Pacing alone, I was worried so high.
They had said, they'd try whatever they might.

Sitting there day by day, we all just cry.
Never expected them to tell us a lie.
Recovering confirmation, none clear.
All we did was just wait and fortify.

Rains and thunders, they never made us fear.
All worry sets with what we gonna hear.
Its not just you, your dad came along too.
Aunt has lost the soul which she holds most dear.

On funeral, strange things happened on cue;
just made my fear, for the lives I knew, grew.
Your sire fought well, we all thought he'd come through.
Making us wrong, he chose to come to you.

strong>Thank you all for Reading… :)
Copyright © 2016 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2016 - Spring - Crossing the Line Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Lovely and very moving. I could identify with the pensive, aching feeling. Also, the feeling of loss was pinging. Thanks for sharing this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I agree with those who felt your sadness here. It's beautifully written.

 

In this series of poem, I appreciate how much effort and work you put into them. You show a growing mastery and comfort with the forms you chose for this collection. You've made rapid progress in a short amount of time, and I know that is not easy to do. So, once again, I say very well done!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Emi... sad but so wonderful, my friend. You've done great job on all of these poems you wrote. Hope you're proud, cuz you should be.
tim xox

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Emi, I read this poem and the last poem quite a few times.

 

This one is very sad also. Two lives lost, unexpectedly, right? If I read it correctly...

 

Wonderful poetry, Emi! I think you've found your calling! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I agree with the other reviewers. This is beautiful and sad. The weight of loss is very hard to ignore..

 

You did very well Emi.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/10/2016 04:06 AM, Headstall said:

Sad... and beautiful... well done, Emi... Gary...

It is a personal experience for losing my cousin and uncle. It is so sad to lost them unexpectedly. Thank You for the review Gary... :)

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
On 03/10/2016 04:09 AM, Parker Owens said:

So very sad. How lost this makes me feel. You have done well in this set, Emi.

It is out of experience Parker, it will/had come as I wanted it to be. As I experienced it to be. Thank you for sharing my misery. And thank You for the review... :)

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
On 03/10/2016 01:59 PM, LitLover said:

This was beautiful and sad, Emi. There is so much loss in this one. Well done.

Thank you for the compliment Lit. Indeed it is sad and experiencing it in my life made me write this poem perfectly as I wanted it to...

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
On 03/11/2016 01:22 AM, Cole Matthews said:

Lovely and very moving. I could identify with the pensive, aching feeling. Also, the feeling of loss was pinging. Thanks for sharing this.

I glad you liked how I put all my sadness into this poem. It came out of such loss. And thank you for the great review Cole. I appreciate it.

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
On 03/12/2016 10:28 AM, AC Benus said:

I agree with those who felt your sadness here. It's beautifully written.

 

In this series of poem, I appreciate how much effort and work you put into them. You show a growing mastery and comfort with the forms you chose for this collection. You've made rapid progress in a short amount of time, and I know that is not easy to do. So, once again, I say very well done!

Thank You for the compliments and this wonderful review Ben. I am glad you people liked/loved them so much...

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
On 03/12/2016 12:26 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Emi... sad but so wonderful, my friend. You've done great job on all of these poems you wrote. Hope you're proud, cuz you should be.

tim xox

Thanks Tim. I feel so proud and happy/glad that you people supported and loved my poems. I really appreciate all the compliments/ reviews. Thank You to all... :)

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
On 03/13/2016 12:35 PM, Lisa said:

Emi, I read this poem and the last poem quite a few times.

 

This one is very sad also. Two lives lost, unexpectedly, right? If I read it correctly...

 

Wonderful poetry, Emi! I think you've found your calling! :)

Thanks Lisa. For the compliments and for the reviews. I am glad and really appreciate them. And thank You all for supporting my poetry this far... :)

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
On 03/13/2016 05:03 PM, Defiance19 said:

I agree with the other reviewers. This is beautiful and sad. The weight of loss is very hard to ignore..

 

You did very well Emi.

We still miss them. Mostly my cousin. I dedicate this to her.And thanks for the every compliment so far and the support you have give to me. Thanks Aunt Def... :)

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
On 08/23/2016 12:10 AM, Arazon said:

I think your poetry is beautiful and I found this one particularly heart-felt. Thanks for the read.

It had been a year since we had lost my cousin and her father. It was such a misery we never gonna forget. I am glad you felt the sadness in it, even though I never wanted to go through it. And I appreciate the review... :)

 

Thanks for the surprising review... :)

 

~Emi.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..