Jump to content
    Fantasyboy69
  • Author
  • 5,237 Words
  • 9,812 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home To Roost - 1. Time with the Guys

The sun was setting over the Pacific Coast. The weather was perfect. Slight breeze coming off the water, the sound of waves whooshing over the sand, a few lazy clouds drifting by. Music played quietly on the radio. It was all ready. It could not have been more perfect.

A noise from behind made him turn around. He had taken pains to make this the perfect time for this date. It was important to him. For the first time in his entire life, he had found the woman he wanted to marry. No more playing the field, no more sleeping around in wild orgies with smoking hot Asian twins, no more late night partying. This one was his future. "Wow, it sure is beautiful," said the woman of his dreams.

"Yes, you are," he said with a smile. It made her roll her eyes, such corny lines always did, but she loved it anyway. "I'm really glad you came. I know you were looking forward to the art faire tonight."

"Well, I was, but you did say it was important to you." She kissed his cheek and sat when he pulled the chair out from under the table for her. Sitting, she smiled up at him. "I'm guessing you either made dinner or got a caterer."

"Guilty. I cooked." He poured two glasses of white wine and then dished up two salads.

"A three course meal even." She was very impressed.

"Four. Soup too." She laughed at the pleased look on his face.

"You are too cute."

It was all going as he hoped. He made her favorite soup and entree, clam chowder and shrimp scampi, and even she said it was as close to perfect as anyone had made outside of a restaurant. Lemon-mint gelato for dessert, and then some dancing barefoot in the sand. When he gathered up the courage, he opened his mouth to speak.

Yet she put her finger to his lips. "I know what you're going to ask, and the answer is no."

"What?" He felt his heart skip a beat and not in a good way.

"No, I won't marry you. You're one of the nicest guys I have ever met, spectacular in bed, have a very good job, and you're everything a woman could ever ask for. Just not this woman." She pulled away. "I'm not ready to settle down. I know you're hurting, and you went to all this trouble to make what has been one of the best nights of my life so perfect. I..."

"M...marry you? Victoria, I was going to take you to the art faire after dinner." He had planned on it too, but he had to save face. He couldn't let her see she had just crushed his heart. "I got us tickets. That is what was important to me."

"Really?" She blushed very red. "You must think I am such a heinous bitch right now. I am so sorry. I thought..."

This time he put his finger to her lips. "Honey, with the way this looks, I can totally see why you thought that." He kissed her cheek and led her to the deck and their shoes. "You go freshen up, and we'll go."

"You're the best, Dean." She kissed him and ran back to the house to touch up her make-up.

Dean hid the ring, hid his broken heart, and took her to the art faire. It was a nice affair, but Dean really didn't see much point when his entire being was hurting. He smiled, he laughed, he didn't let on how much she had hurt him. When he got home, he called into the office and told them he had a family emergency and would be gone for a week. Then he booked a flight north. He couldn't be here now. He needed to get away. He needed to see his best friend. He called.

"You had better be my mother or dying for interrupting me."

Despite his sorrow, Dean smiled. "Oh, quit banging your husband for a few moments, dude. I'm calling to let you know I'm coming up for a week."

There was an overly dramatic sigh on the other side, which let Dean know that his best friend was not unhappy to hear from him. "When?"

"Be there in a few hours." Dean heard the acknowledging grunt followed by a slight slurping sound. "Tell Pat he better swallow. No sense in wasting it." When Dean first met Patick, he had been shocked that his best bro, his straight best bro, was now dating a dude. They had totally staged this cute scene just to make him squirm since he had interrupted their muscle man sex. Yet Pat was an awesome guy, and his bro was happier than ever.

"Hanging up now...and he always swallows." The line went dead.

Dean just chuckled and then sighed, packing for his trip. It had been a few months since he had seen his friends. He needed to get away, and seeing Jon and Pat was a better place than going home to see his folks. Getting to see Dylan, the guys' son, would be sweet. Kid was huge now, but they still called him little dude. Then Dean remembered Dylan was engaged to his childhood sweetheart. That wouldn't be all that great to see, although he was thrilled for the little dude, but he had already called and said he would be coming.

Having made the flight out to Montana many times, Dean knew he could catch a few Z's and not look too dead. All he had to do was come up with some excuse so Jon wouldn't try to cheer him up. An employee lay-off gone bad would be reason to get away. With that settled, Dean relaxed in his seat and shut his eyes.

 

"Uncle Dean!" came a booming voice across the terminal. Even with all his troubles, Dean still grinned when he saw Dylan Davenport, his pseudo-nephew. Just over seven feet tall, no one would overlook him. The now twenty-one-year-old came loping over with uncanny grace to give him a rib cracking hug.

"Hey, little dude. Where's your dad?"

"He sent me on since he was feeling tired." Dylan's grin told Dean enough to not ask how they got that way.

"Got it. I got all my stuff here in my carry-on, so let's amscray."

"Packing light?" Dylan asked as they left the gate.

"Yeah. No need for suits or anything. It is above fifty degrees, right?" Dylan laughed and nodded. Dean hated the cold. "Good. So, how's Heather?" Dean asked.

"She's...cranky."

"Trouble in paradise, dude?" Did he come at a bad time?

"Oh god no. She's really wanting to get married, but her family tradition states a year-long engagement...and no sex."

Dean laughed and clapped Dylan on the back. "Tough shit, dude. At least you got your hand." He ducked a lazy punch.

"Funny man, Dean. So how's Victoria?" Dean nearly stumbled over his feet. "Careful."

"Yeah. Just tired."

Dylan looked at the man who had been his uncle for seven years. Something was wrong. "Oh. Wow. Wanna talk about it?"

"No. Don't mention it to your dad either. Bad lay-off is my story and I'm sticking to it." He didn't want to think about her right now, or for the next week...or ever again.

"Mum's the word." Dylan could tell that it was fresh and recent, and he didn't want to dredge up bad feelings. They went to the truck in silence, drove in silence, and when Dylan took Dean to one of the guest cabins, he just let him be.

"Little dude?" said Dylan as he was shutting the door. "Thanks."

"Mum."

 

Morning came, and with it, the smells of breakfast. One of Jon's famous breakfasts. Dean stretched, groaning a bit because the mattress was not one he was used to. Rolling out of bed, he took a very quick shower and wandered out to the communal dining area in just his shorts and a pair of flip flops. "Morning, sleepy," said Jon. He pulled Dean into a huge hug, obviously happy to see him. "Still living at the gym I see, although your grays are showing."

"Morning. You look indecently good, bro. Like, what are you taking to still look this young?" It was something Dean marveled at. He and Jon were the same age, both mid-thirties, yet Jon looked late twenties in the face and early twenties in his well-built body.

"Clean living, no pollution, tons of sex." Pat socked him in the shoulder but kissed him all the same.

"I bet. Some new faces around here."

"Yeah. Dean, these are Quintin Marshall and Zeke Whitebear. They rent cabin six." Patrick was still walking muscle. A bit below average height, no one would ever call him small. Not with that chest and those arms.

One of them stuck out his hand. "Nice to meet you," said the trimly built Quint. "Jon's told us many things about you." His accent named him from the south.

"All lies, I swear. What is in the water where you're from, Zeke? You're almost as huge as the little dude." And he was. Over six and a half feet of furry muscle, he looked like he just rolled off the farm in his overalls.

"It's not the water. It's the fact that mom and dad are huge. Mom's just about taller than you and Dad is built like Alan." Zeke's voice was a lot like him. Big and happy.

"Ah." His stomach chose that moment to growl. "I don't understand how you don't get fat eating that. I gained five pounds just smelling it." Which didn't stop him from having just as much as everyone else.

Dean pitched in to help clean, laughing it up with the guys. It felt a bit like being back in college and going camping, which sounded perfect for something to do. It would get his mind off of his problems and get him some time outside. Too much time in the office lately.

"So, what brings you up? You seem a bit off," said Jon.

They had known each other for over a decade, worked together at one point, so Jon knew when something was wrong. "Lay-off gone very bad. Poor guy was crushed."

"Ouch. Yeah, it's the worst part about the job, which is why I got out of it. So you just wanna chill?"

"Hell no, dude! I wanna get out. Been here tons of times and never done anything. Not really."

True enough, thought Jon. He had always just been here for the weekends when Dean got transferred to the sister company based in San Diego. Never a long enough visit to do much around the small town. "What do you want to do?"

"Camp, hike, fish, stay away from people. I would say surf, but you got no waves."

"Whoa, dude, didn't mean to harsh your mellow by livin' in the hills, man," Dylan said, making fun of his beach accent. Dean and Jon both used a lot of surfer terms like mondo and dude, and Dylan loved to tease them about it.

"Totally bogus, little dude, but I forgive ya," Dean replied. He could play the game, too.

"Yeah, I'll be durned if I'm gonna put up with that for a camping trip. We'll hold down the fort, Jon." Quint would not be held responsible for his actions if he killed someone after listening to that for a week.

"You sure? Campground St. Regis is probably one of the best in the state, if a bit of a drive. We own that one, too." Jon had discretely bought up many businesses around the area and was making a very nice living. Almost as much as he did at his former job.

Dean still never got the full story of why his bud left such a good career. All he knew was something happened within the company that Jon could not abide by, and he left. Pat came out to Montana from Salem, Mass. to be with him and help raise Dylan. Then they got married. Come to think of it, Jon moving out here was around the time huge things happened in the company they used to work for. Contracts being sold to competitors, branches being closed down, mass lay-offs.

"Very sure. Only so much of that Yankee talk a country boy like me can handle." Zeke laughed and poked him in the side. They all knew he was playing up his accent, which really wasn't too thick any more. "Zeke and I will be fine. It's been very quiet lately. Travis will be around if anything needs handling."

"Point. Fine. Pat, can you start packing while we finish cleaning? We can be on the road in less than a half hour. Dyl, you coming, or are you going stick around and stalk your fiancée?"

"To stalk or not to stalk that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler to chase she whom outrageous fortune brought into my life or to go camping with the guys...Hmm." They all started laughing at his absolute massacre of Hamlet.

"Go camping, Creep. You'll know if we get in over our heads." Quintin shoved the little dude towards his cabin.

"You just want us gone so you can run around naked with your boyfriend." Quint didn't even try to refute the claim.

Boyfriend? "No, bro, this is not an all gay camp," Jon said with a grin.

"I was gonna say. I never pegged either of you for that."

"Told you that you don't come off as gay, Quint," said another voice coming from the river trail. Dean saw another well built young man with a rifle. He'd met Colton a few times.

"Colton, your opinion in the matter doesn't count. I couldn't make heads or tails of you for weeks."

Colton's grin was insufferable. "And that, you compact hottie, is how it will always be. I'll keep them in line, Jon."

"Not likely. As soon as we're gone, I'll get a call from the cops saying you had been killed for trying to poach Quint's man."

Colton laughed. "Legit."

Dean marveled at the easy camaraderie these guys shared. It was something Jon was gifted with; making people feel at ease was a talent of his. It was one thing Dean missed was this easy flow of friendship. Once he and Jon had put aside their difference of opinion, on who should have gotten the job in the first place, they had been the best of friends. Still were, too, but Dean was feeling a certain disconnect. Jon had a family. He had other things in his life now that Dean just lost the chance at.

 

* * *

 

The drive wasn't horrid, but it was longer than Dean wanted really. The scenery was hilly but not too boring or mesmerizing. Jon and the rest kept up a long string of chatter about life which Dean found interesting in an uninterested way. In other words, Dean was moping.

The almost nine hour drive had them at the camp area for dinner time. Jon just pulled up to a nice cabin which boasted two rooms and its own shower facilities. "My cabin. You can either bunk in with Dyl or use the futon. This is only for the night as we'll pick up gear for actual camping here."

"Sounds good. How's the fishing?"

"Not great this time of year, but you might catch a trout or something. Dylan is great at trapping rabbits though." Dylan chuckled as Jon's words.

"He's just saying that because I was the only one to have any success at finding food. They didn't catch fish, deer season wasn't happening, and no one wants to eat skunk or possum." Dean laughed at that, nodding. "Meager fare, that trip."

"Sounds like it. Wild life?"

"Typical forested hills and small mountains. Maybe a few bears, some wolves. Nothing that will bother us this close to civilization. Maybe a raccoon, but we'll just eat those." Dylan rubbed his flat stomach like it was the tastiest thing ever.

"Squirrel guns allowed?" Dean asked Pat.

"Yup. We have a few in the cabin." Pat unlocked the door.

The cabin was nicely furnished. Simple, functional, with little touches that said this place was used often enough to warrant it being here. Books, the computer, DVD and Blu-Ray player, the PS4. "I would almost say you spend a lot of time here, Dylan."

"I do. I'm assistant manager here. It's also where I come to work on programming and designs when it's too noisy at home." Dean had almost forgotten Dylan was a graphic designer. He also designed his own game for Facebook built around his one passion of Lycans. Coded, written, scored, and drawn by Dyl.

"How is the internship going?" Dean knew he was doing an internship with a major prop designer for Hollywood. With his skill in the graphic arts, Dylan had job offers even at the age of thirteen.

"Not too bad. Ginger is a task master and sends me requests about once every day from something new or something to be changed. Love her to death though. Still, I should say." He had worshipped her since she had designed him a Lycan costume soon after Jon had adopted him.

The following morning had the boys out on the trails and hiking to where Jon and Pat said was the best spot for camping and fishing. It would take a bit over an hour, but Dean wished it was longer. He wanted the physical exertion to stop the pain he was feeling. Yet, out here, he felt great. It was amazing to get out of the city. Get out of the office. Being with Jon and the gang was a highlight as well.

The hike was a lot harder than Dean was ready for, but he loved it. Hill after hill, switchback after switchback, some climbing, all of it exactly what he needed. The worst part, though, was the other guys didn't even seem winded. Must be the fact they lived out in nature, and he was a city boy. Not many mountains along the beach. When Jon stopped and shucked his pack, Dean was more than ready to take a break. "Here we are." Jon gestured to the view, which showed a stunning forested hills area. Dean could almost make out the streams under the trees.

"Perfect. Except for that hike. I am getting too out of shape."

Jon rolled his eyes. "Dude, you're in great shape. That is no easy hike. We make it every couple of months, so we know it pretty well. Now, who's up for fishing?"

"Not me," said Pat. "I know of a cold pool to dip my feet in." He kissed Jon and headed off into the woods.

"Dyl?" Jon asked.

"Nope, but I will set some snares. You guys have fun." Dylan hiked his pack higher onto his shoulder and set off in a different direction.

"Looks like it's you and me."

"Cool." The duo went to the stream with the poles and just relaxed against some rocks. The burble of the water was calming.

"So, want to tell me why you really came out here?"

"I hate you sometimes," Dean said with a sigh. "Can't you just accept my lie?"

"When it's just us, nope." Jon did shoot a grin at him.

"Victoria said no." Jon raised a brow. "I had everything perfect. Food was great, setting totally awesome. We were dancing, and I went to ask her, she stopped me before I could even get the question out. Said she's not ready to settle down yet.Then like the idiot that I am, I played it off that I wasn't going to ask her."

Jon could hear the pain in his friend's voice. For a guy who was a very notorious playboy to even think about marriage, let alone get to the point where he was going to ask, was huge. She shot him down. Bad lay-off indeed. "Well, her loss. Will you still see her?"

"Honestly...I have no clue, bro. I love her, but right now I'm crushed." Dean sighed and thunked his head back against the rock. "I never thought I would ever be in this position. I know you can relate, with Pat and all."

"Ha! Yeah. Never saw that one coming, dude. And then Dyl...we've had our shares of ups and downs, but it has worked out for the best. I know words won't help much, but you will find things work out, even if it's not the way you expect."

"Easy for the happily married man to say. Gets to bang his husband's admittedly perfect ass all day." Jon just laughed. Dean was straight, but even he had to admit that Patrick's butt was sublime. "Do you honestly believe I have it in me to go home and make like I wasn't hurt? To wait for her?"

"Dean...you've come this far with her. What's a bit longer if she's really the one?" Put that way, Dean could only nod.

With no fish biting this early in the day, they made the short hike back to the camp where Pat had already set up the three tents. Dylan needed his own. Said walking mountain was busy skinning two rabbits. "Dude, we've been gone two hours and you have two of them?" Jon asked with a grin.

"Hey, I'm that good."

"Listen to you," said Pat with the biggest grin. "Who showed you how to do it? Who showed you where to do it? Who gave you the patience to wait?"

"You, you, and the foster system." Dean laughed and gave Pat a bit of a shove.

"So, master teacher of rabbit hunting, got any tips for a beach bum like me?" Learning a new skill would take his mind off of everything.

"I can help you set some snares. Teach you a few things." Which sounded like a great idea.

 

* * *

 

Day three of the camping trip was a bit overcast, but it was still a wonderful day. They had been hiking, fishing successfully, Dean caught his first rabbit, named him Thumper, and set him loose. "That way I can say I didn't kill my first. Appease the spirits and all."

"That's actually a very noble thing. Prove you can, but don't take the life." Pat was extremely impressed.

"Hey, I was in Indian Scouts, dude. I paid attention."

Swimming was even better as there was a nice waterfall that fed the stream and a pool at the bottom. It was cool, crisp, and wonderful. Deep enough to jump from the fifteen feet above and only Dylan would touch bottom if he tried. They splashed and played, and Dean felt better than he had in a long time. He really did need this trip out here. It helped him in more ways than even he knew.

"So what are your plans for this afternoon?" asked Dylan, who was floating naked in the pool under the falls. None of them had worn clothes when they swam, and nothing felt strange or odd.

"I'm going to tackle that climb again," said Jon. "I'd invite you, Dean, but it's not easy at all, and I've only done it once in two years."

"Yeah, count me out. I'll probably stroll. I got my camera, so I'll take a few shots. You, Pat?"

"Cooking." They each chuckled. Pat had taken over cooking for them, for which they were all grateful. He didn't even seem put out by it. One thing that Dean liked about Pat; he was genuinely one of the most helpful and selfless people he had ever met. Community project? He's there. Bake sale? How about four pies and some cookies. Need a shoulder to cry on? He did that too. Dean wished he could have that. Victoria was all that, except she wasn't a very good cook. Dean loved to cook, so it worked out just fine. "What are your plans, Dylan?"

"Hike back to the cabin to get some work done while I'm here. Won't take me long, but Ginger did ask for them as soon as I could."

"And best not to keep the Evil One waiting," Dean snarked which made them all nod. All of them had run across her infamous temper. Only Dylan seemed to never get the full force of it, even when he was late on a project, which was very rare. He was treated a bit more gently than anyone else.

When the guys went their own ways, Dean told Jon which trail he was taking. "That's a nice one for pics, dude. Easy hike too. It's the long way to get up here. Also meets up with the vehicle access about a mile down the trail."

"Good to know. I'll be back in a few hours." Dean set off.

As Jon said, the hike was easy and the scenery was just right. The sun slanting through the trees and somehow finding that one flower that was brighter than the rest. How the stream had an oxbow with a small sandbar and the coolest view of the fish swimming in place. Nesting birds were twittering overhead. Squirrels frolicking...and probably trying to mate...all over the place.

Some random guy being chased by a huge wolf and jumping over the cliff...

...Wait, what? Dean looked back and ran towards the sound of snapping branches. He could see a flash of fur disappear into the trees and a person holding their leg. "Hey, you okay?"

The person looked up with a pained expression of surprise. "Yeah. Just banged my leg. Thanks for scaring off the wolf." The voice, plus the clothing, hid any sort of gender identifiers. Long hair for a guy, medium for a gal, voice high for a guy, or low for a gal, jeans and a t-shirt hid the body contours. And, bad as it sounds, sometimes the Asian boys were as pretty as the girls.

That was when Dean saw the blood the person was trying to hide. "Dude, that is more than a banged leg. I'm coming down to help." Dean started down the hill.

"No, I'm fine, really." Dean saw them try to stand and then grimace and fall back to their rump. In his haste, Dean scraped the heel of his hand, but that was nothing compared to what he could see as he got closer. The bone protruded a bit through the skin.

"That is not fine." Dean pulled off his shirt and started to rip it into strips. "Now, may I help? I have to ask."

"Wow...you're really well built."

"Thanks. May I help?" Dean needed consent in case of potential lawsuits some people were known to file.

"I...yeah. I'll be fine soon."

Obviously in shock. "My name is Dean, what's yours?" Keep him talking, keep him lucid.

"Kao." That was a guy's name.

"What were you doing playing tag with a wolf?" Dean was binding the wound as he had learned in first aid training, and now he was glad he had taken it just a few months ago as a refresher.

"I don't know. That was the biggest wolf I have ever seen."

"Well, I guess things get bigger up here in Montana. I don't really know, I'm from California myself."

"I'm...I'm in Montana?" Kao asked, seeming very surprised.

"Yup." Dean kept up the idle chatter as he wrapped and bound the leg. He didn't care he had lost a shirt, or that he would probably be losing the shorts as well as blood stains were hard to get out at the best of times. "Okay. I'm going to get you up and carry you as far as I can. Let me know if it hurts too much." Kao nodded. Dean easily lifted the young man's scant weight up, made sure he was comfortable, and then started up the hill to the trail. A howl came from behind that spurred Dean on and made Kao flinch. "I gotcha. Don't worry."

Dean was almost to the road when he saw Jon and Pat coming at a run. "Give him to me. Pat, you tend to Dean. Make sure he gets cleaned up." Pat nodded.

"Jon, you're awesome. I'm just a bit winded, Pat." Dean sat down while Jon stood talking softly to Kao who was in his arms. Kao nodded and seemed to finally relax and pass out.

"He's been in shock, Jon."

"He's better off than you think, but all the same Dylan is almost here with the truck."

"How did you know?"

Jon looked at him. "The wolf howl. There have been reports of them recently, but only attacking pets. I thought it would be safer to call Dylan and have him bring the truck for easier transport just in case."

Dylan pulled up a moment later, Kao got loaded in, and Pat led Dean back to the camp. "You did a wonderful thing, Dean. I know Jon didn't have the frame of mind to say it, but you saved that young man's life. Now, did you get hurt by the wolf or take any other injury?"

"No. I got down and up just fine. I tell ya, Pat, that was the biggest damned wolf I have ever seen. I've seen horses that were smaller. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. His tracks would be all over the place. You could see for yourself in the morning."

"I believe you. I have seen some very large wolves around here. Some even around the camp at home. Those ones have never bothered humans at all, so don't worry." Dean nodded as he flopped into the chair by the newly built fire.

"Here I thought this little getaway would be stress free." Pat grinned and dished him up some baked fish. "You know what, Pat. I'm really glad you guys got together. I'm a joker, and I know you got some snark in you, too, but you have made Jon so happy these years. I hope I can find that someday." Pat just patted him on the shoulder.

"You will, Dean. You will."

Jon and Dylan showed up well after dusk. Dean was just dozing a bit in the chair, letting the flames lull him into a stupor, but he perked up when the boys came into camp. "How's Kao?"

"He's fine, all things considered. Doc fixed him up and then gave him something for the pain and to sleep. He'll stay at the hospital until his family can be contacted." Jon looked tired but very wired. He was on alert. "Honestly, guys, we should cut this short and head back to the cabin. I don't like there being a wolf that chases humans around."

Dylan nodded. "No kidding, Dad. I'm going to go back to the hospital in the morning. Maybe having someone to talk to who ha been there will help. You want to come, Dean?"

"Yeah. I have to make sure he's okay. First time I save someone. Gotta see he's okay."

"You saved that bunny today." Dean laughed at Dylan and pulled him in for a noogie.

Thanks to Timothy M. for his editing. I make so many small errors when I get going. For more talks about the Homestead Pack series, please visit the Story Discussion Forum
Copyright © 2018 Fantasyboy69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 65
  • Love 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I have really missed these guys!!!! Awesome to see they're still kicking around. Can't wait for the next chapter! (((HUGGLES)))

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Good start to what I believe promises to be an interesting tale. You've built some believeable characters, with solid dialogue, and plenty of room for plot development.
Can't wait to see where you take this...good job!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This is an awesome start, FB, I'm so glad there is a new work in this saga!
Big question already: is the rogue wolf a were, or just a big normal one? And where is Dean going to fit in? Will he become a were-creature too?
More please!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm glad to see another book in this series. It will be interesting to get to follow Dean, Kao and the rest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I think Dean should join the group in being a canus lunais that would be awesome. Which means if he does that Jon will be the one turning him. Here's hoping

  • Like 1
Link to comment

First of all I just want to say that I love this story so far and I can't wait to read the next chapter and I hope it will be out soon I'm that hooked already.

 

Second I think the biggest question right now is WHAT IS KAO? Because what ever he is will determine what Dean will turn into. I think some people may have over looked the fact that Dean had cut his had when he was climbing down the hill to help Kao who by the way was bleeding a lot. And something tells me that whatever shifter Kao is it's going to be something that we really haven't seen before and I really really hope it's badass. I just wonder if Jon and the others will find out about the possibility of Dean being turned before or after his first shift. It seems like right now due to all the drama and worry Dean was feeling during pat checking him over that he forgot about the seemingly harmless cut to his hand. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/15/2016 03:02 PM, ILike2ReaditReadit said:

First of all I just want to say that I love this story so far and I can't wait to read the next chapter and I hope it will be out soon I'm that hooked already.

 

Second I think the biggest question right now is WHAT IS KAO? Because what ever he is will determine what Dean will turn into. I think some people may have over looked the fact that Dean had cut his had when he was climbing down the hill to help Kao who by the way was bleeding a lot. And something tells me that whatever shifter Kao is it's going to be something that we really haven't seen before and I really really hope it's badass. I just wonder if Jon and the others will find out about the possibility of Dean being turned before or after his first shift. It seems like right now due to all the drama and worry Dean was feeling during pat checking him over that he forgot about the seemingly harmless cut to his hand. :D

I love when people catch those small things, like his injury. I posted the second chapter

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/15/2016 12:00 PM, tiger721boi said:

I think Dean should join the group in being a canus lunais that would be awesome. Which means if he does that Jon will be the one turning him. Here's hoping

I did consider that, tiger, but I went a different route.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/14/2016 10:16 PM, Puppilull said:

I'm glad to see another book in this series. It will be interesting to get to follow Dean, Kao and the rest.

Keep your eyes open. I hope to post at least one chapter a week

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/14/2016 01:35 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

This is an awesome start, FB, I'm so glad there is a new work in this saga!

Big question already: is the rogue wolf a were, or just a big normal one? And where is Dean going to fit in? Will he become a were-creature too?

More please!!

All those questions will be answered as we go along.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/14/2016 07:48 AM, Robert Rex said:

Good start to what I believe promises to be an interesting tale. You've built some believeable characters, with solid dialogue, and plenty of room for plot development.

Can't wait to see where you take this...good job!

I can't wait to see where I take this. LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/14/2016 07:25 AM, Normischell said:

I have really missed these guys!!!! Awesome to see they're still kicking around. Can't wait for the next chapter! (((HUGGLES)))

I love huggles! Next chapter was posted. Also I hope to post at least one chapter a week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..