Jump to content
    HinderToyBL
  • Author
  • 5,637 Words
  • 2,948 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kidnapping is Always an Option - 24. Chapter 24

"Yes, I know that you have a respectable position and you can't risk that with your new baby girl," Mycha argued over the holo-caster to his brother. "Koby, my mate is with child. We need to find him."

His older brother frowned and looked to the side for a moment. "Listen, it's true that I can't risk this due to my station." He admitted. "But, I know of two others who can. " Before he could say more, a familiar set of twins shoved him aside.

"Brother!" They both cried out at the same time.

"Leon, Noel!" Mycha greeted.

"We heard everything," Leon confessed.

"We'll be ready at the station for you to pick us up," Noel added. "We have an idea that might help in tracking him down."

Relief bled into Mycha's face.

"Thank you...all three of you." He replied before turning off the holo-caster. The Murisian found it almost surreal that they were all on Caspin's ship again after living with Loxias for so long. And it was even more surreal to see Loxias and Sifta walking around in the ship with them.

As soon as Loxias and Sifta had been informed about the kidnapping, the two of them insisted on helping them. The handsome Kaynen made arrangements to fix his house and to increase security, and the next thing they knew, they were all hugging and saying goodbye to Orin and Etsu as they boarded.

When Mycha reached the rec room, he saw Falorios hunched down with his head in his hands. He sat down beside him to rub his back. "Hey, we'll get him back." He comforted. The phrase had been repeated time and time again from one crew member to the next as they tried to keep each other's hope alive.

"Tch!" Rios hissed as he rubbed at his eyes with the palms of his hands. "I drove Adrian absolutely crazy in the control room trying to rush him every five minutes." He explained in a weak, cracking voice. "He practically threw me out!"

Phenner's lower lip trembled for a moment before stiffening. The rabbit was hugging Rios tight in moments.

"We're gonna get him back," Phen announced. "It's not even a question. You have to believe that." He kissed the moth's cheek. "You're not alone. We're all here with you. Nix is going to come home safe and sound."

Rios all but smothered the rabbit to him, trying to hide his tears against his shoulder. "This is all my fault," He whispered in a trembling voice. "I should have never allowed anyone to get involved with me."

Sifta pulled away from Loxias, hesitantly approaching Falorios. The Vulpan shifted from foot to foot for a moment before kneeling in front of them. He peeked up at Rios shyly.

"Do you... I mean, can I tell you something?" Sifta asked, his tall ears twitching anxiously.

The moth slowly let go of Phen, giving the Vulpan his full attention. He wiped at one of his eyes, trying to get rid of any remaining evidence of crying. "Hm?"

"Maybe I shouldn't say this, but that's not really your decision." Sifta's ears flattened, and his cheeks flushed. "I mean, Nix loves you like really loves you. That's a gift he gave to you. And you love him back. Holding that back from Nix would have been wrong. That would have been you hurting him." The fox looked down but kept talking. "I don't think I'm good for anything," Sifta whispered. "I think Lox would be better off with someone else."

Loxias started to speak up, to disagree, but the look on his mate's face stopped him.

"But I love him, and he loves me." Sifta gave an awkward shrug. "I'm sorry, I'm bad at this. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't put this all on yourself. You can't say that Nix would be better without you because that's not fair to him." The fox shook his head, looking to his mate for help. "I've told you before that you shouldn't be with me...that you deserve better. Do you remember what you told me?"

"I said that if anyone wasn't worthy, it was me," Loxias responded as he approached them, sitting down on the moth's other side as soon as Mycha scooted aside for him. "And that every couple has rough times, but I wanted to face them with him."

He reached out with his long arm to gently press a hand to Rios's shoulder. "Take what my mate has said to heart, young Alano. Your Serai made the choice willingly."

In a swift move, Falorios gently tugged Sifta onto his lap and gave the Vulpan a tight hug. "Thank you," He said.

"What's important is that we keep our heads as much as possible," Mycha pointed out. "We can't let anything happen to you, either."

Sifta settled into Rios's arms and hugged him back. Smiling when he felt the troubled man relax slightly.

"This isn't your fault," Sifta said softly, resting his forehead to Falorios's. "It's the fault of the ones that took Nix. I know I can't help much, but I'll do anything I can. Just tell me what you need, okay?"

Caspin stepped into the room, his bare feet silent on the floor. He wiped a hand over his face, weary from planning and helping Adrian set the course. The tall human joined him after a moment, resting a gentle hand on Caspin's shoulder.

"We're on our way," Cas informed them as he went to sit on an empty loveseat. The usual bounce in his step was absent, his fluffy tail drooping behind him.

As Rios continued to hug the Vulpan, he realized that Sifta was around the same build and height as Nix. For some reason, it soothed him just a little bit deep inside. "I think I do have something to ask of you, Sifta." He realized as he glanced towards the Kaynen next to him. "Only if it is alright with your mate, of course."

"Yes?" Sifta asked, looking up through his eyelashes with a blush. "What can I do?"

"Is it alright if we can hug him...often?" Rios asked, his gaze still on Loxias. "It's just that he's the same size and build as Nix. I mean no disrespect."

Loxias's icy blue eyes softened, and he placed one of his large hands on the Alano's head, ruffling the pale green hair. "If Sifta is up to it, I trust him with each and every one of you." He conceded.

Sifta looked shocked, which quickly melted into a soft smile as he blinked back tears. He wrapped his arms around Rios's neck and hugged him tightly.

"I would be honored." The Vulpan chuckled as he pulled back. "Besides, I love hugs."

Falorios carried Sifta over to the weary Caspin and set him gently on his lap. "Try it, see for yourself." He urged.

Cas blinked tiredly at the other Vulpan but gave Sifta a soft smile. Though Caspin was quite a bit smaller than Sifta, the taller Vulpan didn't seem out of place on Caspin's lap. There was a fragility in Sifta, as though he was always ready for everything to fall apart or for someone to hurt him. Cas realized it reminded him of Nix.

The smaller man folded his arms around the other Vulpan and closed his eyes, letting out a soft sigh.

"That's amazing," Caspin admitted, his voice rough. "It really feels like Nix."

Sifta relaxed into the captain's arms, hugging him back. A warm feeling spread in his chest, happy he could actually do something to help.

Rios leaned down to press a kiss to the top of Caspin's head as he moved towards Adrian, his antennae drooping. "I...I'm sorry for earlier. I mean, it was pretty stupid distracting you so much."

The human took the Alano's face in his hands and pressed a soft to his lips. "We're all just as anxious to have him back as soon as possible. Have a little more faith in us, your Seraglio." He urged.

The moth felt tears welling up in his honey brown eyes again as he buried his face in Adrian's chest.

As he returned the hug, Adrian's gaze fell on Mycha. "Did you manage to reach your brother?"

"Yes! Koby can't risk his position, but my twin brothers will be ready for pick up at the midpoint port." Mycha relayed. "They said they already have ideas. I trust them completely."

Caspin sighed softly, running his hand up and down the middle of Sifta's back. When Adrian sat down next to them, Cas gave the other Vulpan a little nudge to get him to climb into the human's lap. Sifta went with a shy smile, giving Adrian a warm hug.

"Let's go over what we know," Caspin announced, his voice sounding stronger. "Nix was taken by people who want a specific teddy bear that was in the hands of a child that Rios rescued. They say they will exchange Nix for the bear. What else do we know?"

The Alano went back to his spot next to Loxias, who somehow ended up with Phenner sitting on his lap. The giant Kaynen didn't seem to mind one bit.

"When we reach the Enforcers, we can look the kid up in the public records to see where he ended up." Rios provided. "The Maivit Mafia must really want whatever's in that bear desperately."

"That's weird," Phenner asked as he cuddled under the big Kaynen's chin, one of his long soft ears caught gently in Loxias's stroking fingers. "Why would they want a teddy bear? They can just buy one."

"There is the suspicion that they want something hidden inside the bear," Loxias explained patiently to the rabbit. "Not the bear itself."

"I'm sorry," Phenner's face fell. "That was dumb. I should have thought of that."

"Not in the slightest," Lox contradicted. "It was a very important question."

"I've set the coordinates to where Rios initially dropped him off, so we will find out soon enough," Adrian added.

 

________________________________________

 

"I can't believe you had to stop to stare at that receptionist's ass! If you kept your eyes inside your head where they were supposed to be, we wouldn't have been recognized!" Noel huffed as they ran out of the elevator and onto the hangars, pushing along some heavy equipment that was affixed with magnetic movers.

"At least I didn't stop for a drink and a snack at the cafeteria," Leon snapped back, legs pumping as he ran alongside his twin. "Besides, she was wearing fishnets... with an itty bitty work skirt." He rolled his eyes. "It would have been more suspicious if I hadn't looked."

When they reached the ships that their family owned, they slowed down and glanced at one another. "You know ..." Noel taunted. "It's not like Koby needs to use his ship any time soon. I don't think he'd mind if we borrowed it, do you?"

"I don't think he'd mind at all." Leon grinned. "I mean it's for family, and it's a very good cause."

Leon cackled with delight as they made a bee-line for their brother's baby.

 

________________________________________

 

Caspin blinked at Phenner. The Vulpan looked like someone had just knocked him in the head with something heavy.

"You look... beautiful," Cas told the rabbit.

Phenner blushed, fiddling with the hem of the dress they'd found for him. It was above the knee, showing off his long smooth legs. The fabric swished around his hips when he moved. His blouse was layered with a vest and scarf to hide his lack of breasts. His long ears were held back with a ribbon, and sparkling barrettes in his hair caught the light. His makeup was subtle but complementary.

He looked absolutely lovely. Caspin had never truly found women attractive sexually, but there was something incredibly appealing to him about Phen dressed up like that.

"Are you sure they'll believe I'm a woman?" Phenner frowned. "I still think Mycha would have made a better girl. He's smaller than me." He nibbled a softly painted lip. "I don't mind doing it, but I don't understand why two married men can't do this?"

"This area is tolerant of homosexuality, generally. But, the women of their race are almost wholly responsible for child-rearing." Caspin gave a little shrug. "They can't seem to accept that, for other races, we can raise kits fine with just fathers." He stroked Phen's cheek. "And we picked you because your face is so softly rounded and pretty. Even though Mycha's smaller, he just doesn't pass for a woman as well as you do." Cas took Phenner's hand. "If you can't stand it we'll do something different."

"No, it's okay." The bunny blushed again. "I really don't mind... I kind of like it," he admitted. "It does make me feel pretty."

After docking on the right planet, Loxias, Sifta, and Mycha had stayed behind on the ship in case they received any other messages from the twins. Falorios, Adrian, Caspin, and Phenner headed out to the station to check out the public records. The Alano said that the kid didn't have a last name and only went by "Liam." Upon researching, the Vulpan found the child to be at an orphanage three miles away from the station.

Thus began the plan of adopting the child. Caspin barely looked old enough to be an adult, but with the right companion going undercover as his wife...

"Yeah, just remember to really play the part, Phen. You don't have to do much, just speak light and dote on Cas," Rios suggested.

"Rios and I will be right out here should anything happen," Adrian added.

"Dote?" Phenner squeaked. "What if I dote wrong?"

"Just be yourself, bunbun," Caspin cooed, using Nix's nickname for Phen. "And speak quietly. You'll be great. They'll love you."

The rabbit nodded firmly, determined to do this, to do anything it took to save Nix.

Cas took Phenner's smooth hand and led him in the direction they needed to go. The others trailed after them, eventually spreading out until they didn't look like they were together. They dawdled behind Caspin and Phen, trying to look natural.

Phenner wasn't having much luck looking like anything but a tourist. By then, the rabbit had seen numerous ports as he traveled on Caspin's ship. This was different, though. The other ports had been in space. This one was on an actual planet. It was the third alien planet he'd ever been on. When he'd first been on Mycha's planet and then Caspin's, he'd been excited. It had been amazing to see new worlds and new people. He had expected everything to be strange and, well, alien. But past a few big differences, they were a lot like home. The skies had been blue. The sun had been yellow, the grass had been green.

This planet was very different. It felt alien, and Phenner loved it. The sky was pinkish purple, and the sun was very orange. A pale pink haze drifted well above their heads, like thin clouds or fog. The trees had dark gray bark and red leaves that curled and uncurled lazily in the smoky light.

The bunny tried to be good. He held Caspin's hand and didn't ask questions. However, the Vulpan thought Phen was going to break his pretty neck trying to look at everything at once. Cas smiled when he saw the huge grin on Phenner's lips. The captain remembered his first strange planet. He'd probably looked a lot like Phen... Well, except for the dress and makeup.

When they reached the orphanage, Caspin double-checked the address. The building was huge. It was built with massive black and gray stones. The door looked like gray stone as well, but when they approached, Caspin realized it must have been made from wood from the local trees. The sounds of children laughing and playing somewhere nearby reassured the Vulpan that they had the right place.

Cas lifted his hand and pressed the doorbell.

The caretaker who answered the door had the ears and tail of a kangaroo. "May I help you?" She prompted gently.

"My wife and I are here to adopt a child," Caspin responded. "Preferably a boy."

"Come right into the waiting area. We're going to ask you a few questions and confirm your ID before we gather the boys." She explained. "Nothing personal, simply protocol."

Phenner's eyes were wide as he followed the woman. The ceilings were so tall! It would have been cold and imposing if it weren't for all the colorful children's' drawings papering the walls. If not for Caspin's hand in his, the rabbit would have wandered around touching everything.

The caretaker left them at the desk in a room with several rows of chairs. It was another kangaroo woman who introduced herself as the secretary. They didn't seem to be much for giving their names. It was a cultural difference Caspin had seen plenty of times, but it struck Phenner as odd. He didn't say anything about it, afraid of exposing their deception. It was almost painful holding back the numerous questions bouncing in his head.

The secretary took something from Caspin and plugged it into a slot on her desk. She smiled kindly at them as their information, some fabricated but most true, loaded for her. Phen shifted nervously from foot to foot, clinging to Caspin's hand. The Vulpan stroked the rabbit's fingers soothingly.

They then let in a row of boys in height order. Caspin didn't even need to ask for all of their names. He felt his gut twist at the third to smallest child that was clutching onto a grey teddy bear with a white ribbon around its neck. He walked over and knelt down to look the little jaguar cub in the eye.

"Hey, My name is Caspin. What's yours?" The Vulpan asked softly.

"L-Liam," was the quiet answer. The boy had the ears and tails of a jaguar. He had wavy black hair and yellow-orange eyes.

Caspin and Phenner locked eyes. This was the boy they were looking for. They'd talked about trying to just get the bear, but one look at Phen let Caspin know that he wasn't getting the rabbit out of there without the little jaguar. Phen looked like he might cry.

"This is Phen, Liam." Caspin took Phenner's hand and smiled at the boy. "Would you like to come with us?" Cas asked gently. "We'd take very good care of you."

Phenner dropped down and hugged the little jaguar close.

"Please, come," the rabbit whispered. "I would read you stories whenever you like. There's lots of room to run and play. Won't you come?"

Phenner pulled back, his eyes damp with tears as he looked at Liam.

The little jaguar was surprised that such a grown person would kneel down just to hug him, especially not someone with such a pretty dress. His ears swiveled down as he began to feel teary-eyed, too, unable to stop himself from matching Phen's mixed feelings. He nodded three times as his spotted tail swayed from side to side.

"A-Alright." He replied.

The caretaker smiled happily to see the young couple bonding so quickly with Liam. The orphanage did well in finding parents for the children under their care. Many had been there longer, but the staff worried about the quiet jaguar who was so hesitant to talk about his past.

The other children waved at Liam as they filed out. It gave them hope as well, that soon they'd find parents to love them, too.

When Caspin looked up, the secretary quietly gestured him over. The captain gave Phen's shoulder a squeeze and walked over to finish the needed paperwork to finalize the adoption. As far as the orphanage knew from the information on what appeared to be a certified documentation stick, Caspin and Phenner were a young couple who had been looking for a child to adopt for the past year. It included background checks and verified references. Caspin had made sure they had everything they needed. And with the brain power and connections of everyone on the ship, they'd been able to put everything together.

The secretary asked him a long list of questions required, and Caspin answered easily. Though, he kept glancing at Phen and Liam.

Phen had taken a seat, and the little jaguar had clambered into the rabbit's lap. Phenner was smiling and whispering to the child happily.

It sent a pang through Caspin's heart. Phenner would be a good father. He loved Nix, as they all did. They had to get him back safe. Not just for Nix, but also for the precious lives inside him.

"Sir?"

The secretary drew his attention. She was holding out a tissue. Caspin looked at it stupidly for a moment before he realized tears were leaving cool trails down his cheeks. He took it and wiped his eyes.

"Thank you." He mustered a smile. "I'm sorry about that."

When the paperwork was completed, the caretakers gave their good-bye and well wishes to Liam, who hugged each of them. A part of him would miss them and the other children. But, a bigger part of him was eager to have a real family. He took hold of Phenner's hand as they left and began to skip and hum with his teddy bear in tow.

When they made it outside, the little jaguar let out a loud gasp. "Funny mothman!" He cried out a he rushed over to cling to the Alano's leg. "You were right, they did give me three meals a day!"

Falorios leaned down to pick the boy up, feeling relief at the sight of the bear intact. "And while you're with us, you'll get three, sometimes four meals. I promise."

"We have fish!" Phenner exclaimed excitedly as they continued walking. "You're a kitty, and kitties like fish, right?" The smile suddenly died. "I miss seeing him eating all the fish, even stealing it off other people's plates..."

"I like fish," Liam responded softly. "And I really do turn into a kitty!"

"Is that so?" Adrian mused, ever curious to see a jaguar cub.

His voice drew Liam's attention his way. "How come you don't have ears or a tail, or antennas or wings?" He questioned, clutching Rios's shirt a little tighter in his tiny hands.

"Oh!" Laughed Phenner. "That's Adrian! He's a human. He's from a place called Earth, though you'd think he'd be called an Earthan. Anyway, I think humans are really big and strong, but also kind and sweet, like Adrian. They have really tiny ears and no tails at all." Phen smiled at the muscled human. "I think he's just right how he is, though. You know he can pick me up and hold me over his head? It's really fun." The rabbit giggled.

At the mention of being held high, the jaguar cub perked up. "Really? Over his head?" He wondered as he reached his hands out to the human. "Can I try?"

"Of course you can," Adrian conceded as he effortlessly lifted the cub over his head and settled him on his shoulders.

"We're so high up!" Liam squealed as he placed his tiny hands over Adrian's dark hair.

It wasn't a long walk to the ship. Rios and Caspin both stopped at a few shops to get things the cub might want or need. They were able to catch up to the others when they reached the ship.

A small box had arrived ahead of them. It held everything Liam owned, which was nearly nothing. When Phenner saw it and learned what it was, it took the combined efforts of the other men to convince the bunny not to go buy out all the shops in the market for things for Liam.

"Alright," Adrian said after he set Liam on his feet and allowed him to run around and explore the rec room. "Next step is picking up Mycha's brothers."

"I'm going to scan the bear in the medbay," Caspin stated. He pressed a hand to the top of Liam's head to get his attention. "Can I borrow teddy for a little while. I promise nothing will happen to him."

Liam was hesitant, but handed the Vulpan his bear, regardless. "Behave with Caspin, Mr. Bear." He admonished.

When Mycha walked in, he felt his heart skip a beat at the sight of Phen. "Phen? Why...I mean, it looks good on you, too but..." He rambled incoherently.

Phenner blushed and turned in a circle, flaring his dress like a bell.

"I kind of like it," he giggled. "It feels kind of neat, sort of free." He sighed. "It would have been better without panties, but Caspin said I had to wear them."

Mycha's hands moved to cover his crotch, which was reacting quite vividly to the idea of panties somewhere underneath that dress.

"Goodness!" He hissed.

"I know, right?" Phenner pouted, completely misunderstanding Mycha's reaction. "Oh, but we're back on the ship! I can take the panties off! They're nice, though. Caspin said they're satin." Phen smiled wide and began pulling up the bottom of his dress. "I'll show you."

Mycha rushed over to take hold of Phenner's hands, stopping him from doing anymore. "Not yet...allow me to help you out of them, tonight." He insisted before planting a kiss on his lips.

A set of orange eyes peered at them from the couch. "Mr. Caspin's taller than you," He told the mouse man. "He might not like it if you kiss his wife."

"He never minded before," Phen admitted, without thinking.

"Oh. If Mr. Caspin doesn't mind, then it's ok." The jaguar cub replied, his tail swaying. "Mr. Mouse is pretty, too."

Mycha found himself blushing, embarrassed that he hadn't even noted that the child was even there. "My name is Mycha. Who might you be?" He prompted.

"I'm Liam." The boy answered. "Moth man said I could have 3 or 4 meals a day!"

Sifta stepped shyly into the room. "I saw Caspin and- oh!" The Vulpan smiled wide when he saw Liam. "Hello there. I'm Sifta."

"I'm Liam." The boy replied to the Vulpan, repeating once again. "Moth man said I could have 3 or 4 meals a day!"

"Do you want one of those meals right now?" Sifta asked. "I like to cook."

"Yes, please!" Liam confessed as he reached out his tiny hands for Sifta to pick him up.

Sifta couldn't stop a smile as he lifted the boy into his arms. He was heavier than he looked, but still small enough to be carried comfortably. Sifta hugged Liam close, resting his cheek on the boy's soft dark hair. He let himself close his eyes for just a moment and take in the scent of Liam. It was a mix of soap, shampoo, a little dirt, and something special that was all jaguar. Sift let out a soft sigh as he continued his trek to the galley.

"What would you like to eat, little one?" Sifta asked gently.

"Fish!" Liam eagerly supplied. When he was placed down onto the counter, he swung his legs gently as he watched the Vulpan cook.

"Sifta, what are you making?" Loxias asked as he entered the kitchen.

Liam let out a loud gasp and nearly shifted in surprise at the sight of the incredibly huge man. When the icy blue eyes settled onto him, he felt a sudden fear rising within him. "Please don't eat me!" He pleaded as his tail curled in front of him and his ears laid down.

Loxias let out a frustrated sigh. This was the umpteenth time that he was asked not to eat a person. "Listen, little one. I may look like this, but..." After a moment of thought, he shifted into his Kaynen form, standing on all fours.

The jaguar cub let out another loud gasp and all but leaped off the counter, landing gracefully onto his feet as he rushed forward to pet the Kaynen. "So fluffy!" He squealed in delight. "Soft and fluffy!" He added as he rubbed his face against the fur. "Do you like eating fish, too, Mr. Fluffy?"

"Gruff," Lox responded softly in agreement.

"He's soft and warm on the inside, too." Sifta giggled as he gathered everything he'd need to make some quick grilled fish and vegetables. "Have you met everyone on the ship, yet, Liam?"

Liam thought out loud as Loxias nudged him onto his back. He immediately sat on him and clung to his neck like a monkey. "Um...Funny mothman, Mr. Caspin, Mr. Tall, Mr. Phen, Mr. Mouse, Mr. Sifta, and Mr. Fluffy!" He declared.

Laughter bubbled out of Sifta, to the point where he had to set down the knife he'd been using, for fear of stabbing himself in his mirth.

"Well, funny mothman is Rios," Sifta said when his giggles had died down and he could continue cooking. "Caspin is the captain of this ship. Mr. Tall must be Adrian. Mr. Mouse is Mycha. Mr. Fluffy there is Loxias." He smiled fondly at the boy as he clung to Lox's back as the Kaynen walked around the kitchen island. "And you don't have to call me mister. Sifta is fine, Liam."

Liam began to nuzzle the side of his face on top of Lox's head, causing the Kaynen to wag his tail in adoration.

"I ate from the garbage lots when my daddy died," The boy mused out loud. "And then two gray Misters took me with them, and I didn't see Mr. Bear for days." Sadness seeped into his voice the more he remembered the lonely days without Mr. Bear. "But, then funny moth man came, and they gave me Mr. Bear back, and funny moth man promised to take me to a place I could eat three meals a day!"

Sifta plucked the young jaguar off Lox's back and hugged him close.

"You'll never ever have to eat out of the garbage again," Sifta vowed. "And you have so many people who are looking out for you now." Sifta frowned. "What do you remember about the gray men?"

"All had gray on their clothes. Sometimes they gave me food, sometimes they forgot." Liam admitted as his stomach began to growl. "Can I have fish now?"

"Oh!" Sifta set the boy back on the Kaynen's back. "Just one more minute and it'll be all done." The Vulpan smirked. "Mr. Fluffy can show you where to wash your hands."

Loxias took the cue to shift back, tugging his boxers back on. He then lifted Liam effortlessly into his arms and held him over the sink.

"I had to stand on a stool to wash my hands in the kangaroo house." The little jaguar recalled as he washed his hands.

"Do you like when Lox lifts you up?" Sifta asked with a smile as he slid the contents of the pan onto a large plate. It was enough to feed two grown men. "Umm, you don't have to eat all of this, if it's too much. I may have gone a little overboard." He blushed as he set the plate on the table for the little jaguar.

Liam let out a loud gasp as he saw the mountain of food before him. It was certainly the most food he had ever seen in his life.

"Thank you very much!" He squeaked as he promptly began to eat. He tried his best not to make a mess, but he still ended up with a wide circle of sauce over his lips as he ate. When he finally stopped, he had eaten three-fourths of the whole plate. "A-All full!"

"Wow!" Sifta ruffled Liam's hair. "Good job! You were hungry." He beamed at the boy. "If you ever want me to make you something to eat, you just let me know, sweetheart. We can show you how the computer can let you call me."

"Okay," Liam replied as he began to rub at his eyes and let out a long yawn.

"You tired, honey?" Sifta asked, lifting the boy into his arms.

The jaguar's tail drooped down as he was lifted up. "Hmm...sleepy." He murmured.

"I'm going to set you in your room, but someone will stay with you when you sleep, alright?" Sifta rested his cheek against the cub's soft hair and began walking toward the room they'd taken Liam's things to. No doubt Phenner would have it all unpacked and arranged already.

The boy made a small sound of consent as continued to drift into sleep.

Sure enough, the room was nicely arranged. It looked a little sparse, but Sifta had no doubt that everyone would waste no time getting the cub anything his little heart desired.

When the Vulpan snuggled the boy under the soft blankets, the child's arms shot out and clung to Sifta's wrist. He looked down, surprised that Liam was completely asleep, but not letting go. Sifta looked over his shoulder helplessly, looking for his mate.

"Why don't you rest with him for a bit?" Loxias suggested as he took in the sight of the sleeping cub.

"You think that would be okay?" Sifta asked hopefully.

"Without a doubt," Loxias replied as he leaned over to kiss Sifta's temple.

"Well..." The Vulpan snuggled in next to the boy. "I did think someone should stay with him, so he's not afraid when he wakes up." Sifta snickered softly. "Right, Mr. Fluffy?"

Loxias gave his mate a tender smile. "On that note," He said as he shifted back into his husky form and hopped onto the bed to lay down on the boy's other side.

Copyright © 2017 HinderToyBL, Rambling Robin, Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Really sweet that they adopted Liam. He will make a good addition to the crew and get them all prepared for fatherhood. Plus no more spontaneous sex all over the ship with little eyes and ears around. Looks like Sifta has really bonded with the little one. Wonder what Caspian will find in the teddy bear? What plan will the twins come up with to get Nix back? Has Nix effectively won over his kidnappers? Good chapter. :2thumbs:

Link to comment

Aaww, so FLUFFY :wub::D Loved it ! But Sifta will be so upset if they leave the gang after this, and Liam would miss Mr. Fluffy.
Nice to see a good orphanage where the kids are happy and have good hopes of parents. I think Phen may want to dress up occasionally from now on, with the reaction he got from Mycha :lol:
Lots of good hints for future chapters, the grey people, the twins, and of course rescuing Nix. Can't wait.

Link to comment
On 01/31/2017 02:06 PM, LadyDe said:

Really sweet that they adopted Liam. He will make a good addition to the crew and get them all prepared for fatherhood. Plus no more spontaneous sex all over the ship with little eyes and ears around. Looks like Sifta has really bonded with the little one. Wonder what Caspian will find in the teddy bear? What plan will the twins come up with to get Nix back? Has Nix effectively won over his kidnappers? Good chapter. :2thumbs:

Ah ha ha...I can't say a single thing that isn't a spoiler right now. But, the next chapter should be ready soon. Also, no promises on the no spontaneous sex? -runs and hides-

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 01/31/2017 03:48 PM, Timothy M. said:

Aaww, so FLUFFY :wub::D Loved it ! But Sifta will be so upset if they leave the gang after this, and Liam would miss Mr. Fluffy.

Nice to see a good orphanage where the kids are happy and have good hopes of parents. I think Phen may want to dress up occasionally from now on, with the reaction he got from Mycha :lol:

Lots of good hints for future chapters, the grey people, the twins, and of course rescuing Nix. Can't wait.

Funny that you mention Liam missing Mr.Fluffy, because Liam still has no idea who his official parents are going to be...or whether they're anyone on the ship at all. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Aww such a sad chapter turned sweet! Liam is adorable, I wonder if he'll stay on the ship or go to live with Loxias and Sifta (or something else?). And what could be in that teddy bear?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

Aww such a sad chapter turned sweet! Liam is adorable, I wonder if he'll stay on the ship or go to live with Loxias and Sifta (or something else?). And what could be in that teddy bear?

 

Liam will hang out with all of them often for the rest of his life. You'll see who his parents turn out to be towards the end. :D As for the hidden contents of the teddy bear, you'll find out soon.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..