Jump to content
    HinderToyBL
  • Author
  • 11,483 Words
  • 3,424 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kidnapping is Always an Option - 29. Chapter 29

After the urgency of Etsu wanting to see Caspin in the flesh, the group unanimously decided to dock their ship in an open area between Loxias and Orin's houses. The two Vulpan cousins were able to easily see each other on days that Etsu wasn't working at the company. Loxias and Sifta cared for Liam during the day time and visited the ship often. The tiny jaguar was fascinated by Nix's progress and the babies that moved inside him. Caring for him in turns gave the men good practice for when their own kittens arrived.

The trio of ex-thieves, Jason, Daniel, and Pedro, had remained on the ship as part of Caspin's crew. The Vulpan wasted no time in showing them the ropes about charting and mapping for resources. When the green-eyed Captain ordered them a brand new ship that was outfitted with the latest technology, the three of them were eager to test it out. When they saw how upset the pregnant Civek became at their enthusiasm to explore, they vowed to only visit nearby planets as charting practice so that they could promptly return within a day or two. Every time that they set out, they returned with gifts for Nix. For example, Pedro brought back six different color baby outfits with the words "Pedro is my favorite uncle" printed on them.

The Seraglio realized real fast that Nix rested better and for longer amounts of time when all of his Serahl were sleeping in the same room with him. So, Adrian and Caspin created a modular expansion for a room big enough to hold them all. Phenner and Mycha suggested a massive pillow and, the next thing they knew, they were all sleeping on it. Not only was the pillow made of soft, memory-foam-like material, but it also held indentations so that none of them could roll off it. Falorios pointed out that the kittens should have indentations, as well, and six baby-sized indentations had been added.

The more time that Nix spent with his Seraglio, the less he fretted when Pedro, Jason, and Daniel were away. The four men forged a friendship under duress that had evolved into a more meaningful kinship, one that could last for many years. Falorios felt jealous at Nix's calmer and sweeter disposition whenever the ferret, raccoon, and Chihuahua were around. However, he was easily assuaged by the slightest touch of affection from the Civek.

"...you said it yourself, joven," Pedro insisted as the three of them made their way to the hangar. "You want Gracie and the kids to see the little kits in person don't you? That means it's time for me to go bring them over." (joven= young one)

"A week is nothing, it'll fly right by," Daniel added. "We'll definitely be back before it's time!"

"But I'm going to have the kits in a day or two!" Nix protested, rubbing his large tummy. "I can feel it!" He narrowed his golden eye. "And don't tell me that I've been saying that since you all got me free. I mean it, this time."

The ferret shot the Civek a grin. "And that's why we'll be back as soon as we can, five days tops!" He insisted.

The three men gave Nix a quick hug before boarding and taking off. Rios, who was always near the Civek, stepped closer and hugged the feline from behind.

"Having Gracie around will be a great help for us first-timers. With her and Phen's experience, we should be fine," he mused aloud.

"I had no clue bunbun would have seen so many births," Nix said, leaning back into the embrace. "I guess they thought it was some fancy blessing to have him around for them, and every lady who was about to pop begged him to hold their hand for it."

"He has a spirit form, so he was considered quite the lucky charm," Mycha commented as he approached. He handed Nix a lidded glass with a smoothie made of ingredients the pregnant feline had cravings for. Their kitchen looked less like a kitchen and more like a grocery with the variety of fresh food their Captain ordered every few days for the Civek.

The cat immediately snatched it, slurping happily while holding the large glass in both hands. His purr rumbled loudly as he drank, with soft moans every time he swallowed. Nix was forced to take a breath when Falorios peeked over the Civek's shoulder, chuckling. The feline growled and angled himself and the drink further from his mate. There had been that time Rios had thought Nix was done with one of his smoothies and had dumped it down the sink. When the cat came back from one of his increasingly frequent bathroom breaks, his drink had been gone. Nix thought Rios had likely learned his lesson, but it was always wise to be safe.

"I said I was sorry," Rios whined. "I won't touch any of your smoothies ever again."

"Mmmhmmm," Nix hummed agreeably, but sucked faster, just in case.

The smoothie was gone quickly, leaving Nix to pull off the top and lick the rim and cap, unaware of how both Mycha and Rios watched his suggestively darting tongue as a blush crept across the mouse's freckled cheeks.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna go back into the kitchen, shift, and roll around in cocoa mix..." the Murisian mumbled dazedly.

Nix blinked as Mycha scurried off, processing what he'd said.

"He'll be a mess, Falorios," the Civek said seriously, grabbing the moth's hand and dragging him along after Mycha. "I'll just have to lick him clean again. He knows I've been craving chocolate..."

By the time the two of them got to the kitchen counter, it was to see Mycha writhing around on his back in his mouse form. Rios squinted as he read the package...Godiva hot cocoa mix? The sneaky mousie!

"I can cover myself in chocolate syrup after you're done with Mycha," Rios suggested.

"Mrahh?" Nix mewed, his gaze showing clear interest in the thought of a chocolate covered Falorios as he scooped up Mycha without having to look.

The cat blew a quick puff of air over the small form cupped in his palms, chasing away the excess cocoa but making Mycha sneeze. Nix licked the Murisian's face apologetically and wandered into the living area to plop himself down next to Adrian, his tongue laving across chocolatey fur as he went.

The green-haired Alano plopped down on Nix's other side with his arms folded and a pout on his face.

The human glanced at all three of them and raised an eyebrow. "Do I want to know?" he mused aloud.

Nix paused in his tongue-bathing just long enough to say, "Mousie was dirty again. And he's yummy." A tiny tremulous moan followed as the Civek continued his ministrations.

"What the hell happened to the cocoa?" came a familiar shout from the kitchen. "That's the third time this week!" Caspin stuck his head out, eyes narrowed. "Phenner, if you're out there getting licked off again, you're cleaning this up!"

The rabbit bolted in from the hallway. "I'm getting licked off again? Sweet!" He frowned, ears drooping. "Awwww, Mycha's having a turn and it looks like Rios is in line. Nix'll be asleep by the time they're both done."

"Caspin or I can take care of you, Phen," Adrian suggested in a sultry tone of voice.

"Yay! Catch me!" Phen called as he bounded over to the couch and let himself fall into Adrian's lap.

The human chuckled as he wrapped his arms around the lithe bunny and gave him a kiss.

"Mmmmm, how come you make me feel little and fragile and that makes me so hot?" Phenner murmured into his human's mouth as he rubbed himself against Adrian, a certain hardness proving the truth of his words. "But Mycha makes me feel all big and strong and that makes me all rawr, too?"

Mycha let out a trilling moan as if in response to the rabbit's words.

"We all have moments of feeling more fragile or strong depending on the situation," Adrian admitted. "Being around all of you makes me feel at home."

Falorios peered over at the human, a grin on his face. "I feel the same."

Nix seemed oblivious to the conversation, the motor in his chest rumbling as he continued his ministrations upon an extremely willing mouse.

"All you guys make me happy, and it's special and different with each of you," Phenner admitted, cheeks pink. "So, you don't mind showing me how much bigger and stronger you are than me?” he asked Adrian hopefully. “I swear sometimes you can just about make me come without touching my cock when you get all alpha male on me. Not that I mind gropies and grindies. Those are excellent."

"Mycha’s literally in Nix's palm while Adrian's downright palming Phen...I'm feeling a little left out," Falorios whined.

"Do you want to play with me, Rios?" Caspin asked, strolling barefooted out of the kitchen brushing cocoa powder off his hands. "Helping Adrian get Phenner to make noises is awesome, don't get me wrong, but you are just as appealing and I don't see you getting much attention at the moment."

A keening whimper escaped the Alano's lips as he eagerly tugged the Vulpan onto his lap and nuzzled the crook of his neck. "Definitely," he responded as he pressed a kiss Caspin's nose. "Yes," he continued as he pressed another kiss to each of his cheeks. "I'm a little attention-starved right now."

"Poor thing," the captain said, cupping Rios's face in his hands as he straddled the larger man. Cas leaned close, feeling bold as he brushed their lips together softly. "I'll give you whatever you want." The Vulpan crossed his arms behind Falorios's neck. "However you want it."

Rios took hold of Caspin's backside and grinded against him as he gave the side of the Vulpan's neck a gentle nip. "Right here as you are on my lap would do me just fine," he admitted.

The Vulpan's green eyes closed as he gave a breathy moan, tipping his head submissively to offer more of his throat. Cas ran his hands down the deep green vest that hugged Rios' torso.

"Damn, you always know just the spots to nibble that make the majority of me turn boneless and another part hard," Caspin admitted, his cheeks flushing. "Makes me feel like a horny teenager, ready to lift my ass and drop my tail to the side at a moment's notice."

"Nope, can't take it...gotta have you," Rios responded between huffs of air as he quickly wiggled out of his pants and began to tug Caspin's off as well. "Right now."

Over on the other side of Nix, Phen giggled. He had a perfect view of the other men on the couch from his position in Adrian's lap. The rabbit made a small happy noise as Adrian kissed under his jaw. Phenner closed his eyes, listening to the others.

Caspin couldn't seem to decide if he should be laughing or moaning as Rios cursed the fox's new belt that was, apparently, much more complicated than any belt had a right to be. The Alano seemed to be distracted from stripping the captain. Caspin's dusky nipples, that Falorios claimed to be begging for his attention, were the cause.

Meanwhile, in the middle of the couch, Nix was purring loudly as Mycha's tremulous cries seemed to be reaching a crescendo. The Murisian was shameless in his enjoyment of the pregnant Civek’s ministrations. This was his mate; his Serai. Falorios certainly was not the only one affected by Nix’s absence.

The symphony of their voices left Phen hard and wanting. He turned his head, catching Adrian's lips in a firm kiss as he wriggled upon the bigger man's lap.

"I think Rios has the right idea," Phenner whispered to Adrian, his flower-petal pink irises twinkling. "You should take off my pants."

The human pressed a kiss to the rabbit's nose as his hands became busy disrobing them both. When he was through, his hands stroked up and down the sides of Phenner's torso, thumbs pressing gently along the pale pink buds on the albino's chest.

"How should I have you, Phen?" he whispered back into a long, white ear as he gave it a nip.

"H-hard," Phenner begged breathlessly, his pale, lithe body arching into the touch. "I wanna feel how strong you are." The rabbit took one of Adrian's hands and wrapped it around his slender wrist, then slid his other hand so his human's fingers clasped both wrists together. "I want to feel little and helpless and at the mercy of my big, sweet human." Phen's already rosy cheeks darkened further as he peeked between his lashes at Adrian. "Yeah? Maybe?"

Adrian's periwinkle blue eyes darkened with lust. He lifted both of them up and then splayed the back of the rabbit against the table in front of the couch, in plain view of their Seraglio. The short, soft pair of shorts that the lithe man had on were effortlessly tugged right off and tossed aside. The human's large, tanned hand lifted Phen's shirt until it rose well above pale pink buds. “No, not maybe," Adrian practically purred as he took hold of the rabbit's wrists and held them pinned on either side of his head. "Most definitely a yes."

The pale rabbit squirmed and whimpered, tugging at his pinned arms but clearly not really trying to get away. He almost felt as though he were on display for all of them. It made his already hard length twitch in excitement, the tip blushing a dark pink.

Adrian began with giving Phenner a rather heady kiss. His lips then latched onto the skin on the side of the rabbit's neck, sucking hard. He didn't bother disrobing himself. The dark-haired man wanted to work his way down the pale body slowly first.

Phen made a small, happy noise with the realization that Adrian was leaving a mark. It would stand out on his creamy white skin. People would see it when they went out to find more yummies for Nix. Phenner hoped they stared, wondering what he'd been doing and who he'd been doing it with. The rabbit grinned as he wrapped his long legs around his human's waist and began to grind against him.

His intentions for going slow began to waver, but the taller man made his way down to one of the puckered nipples and gave it a gentle bite. He reached down to pinch one of the naughty bunbun's buns as he gave the other bud the same treatment. Adrian scooted further down, pressed a kiss on the pink-eyed man's shaft and finally pulled off his own clothes. He kicked his pants aside and made a show of slowly tugging his shirt off, revealing his well-defined chest.

"Hnngh," was the most eloquent thing Phen could say as his eyes raked over his lover. The rabbit's cock throbbed demandingly and he reached down to grip it in his fist. The other hand went to his chest, dragging his nails across his snowy skin before giving his nipple a rough pinch. Phenner's hips bucked, but his gaze never stopped mapping the mouth-watering human before him.

By that point, the rabbit wasn't the only one staring. A trembling moan followed by a squeak announced Mycha's completion. Nix cleaned him off with a low purr, but his gaze was locked on Adrian. Caspin had even turned around on Rios's lap to get a better view. The Alano himself was looking at the human over Caspin's shoulder as he worked the head of his self-lubricated shaft through the Vulpan's ring.

The captain whined softly, his hips shifting in the Alano's tight grip. The hold kept him from slamming himself down and plunging Rios’s rod down to the hilt. The moth made Caspin slide down slowly, inch by inch, as the fox's thighs trembled.

"Please, Rios," Cas begged, tail sweeping its soft fur across his lover's chest in agitation.

Falorios subconsciously licked his lips as he kept the descent slow, allowing himself a moment to adjust to each new inch of heat as he settled himself deep inside of the green-eyed captain. "Are Ade's movements so hot that you're ready to blow?" He whispered into a large Fennec ear. "I don't want either of us to come just yet." The Alano pulled out halfway, just as slowly as before, only to allow gravity to drop Caspin back down onto him sharply.

The fennec sucked in a breath that left him in a long moan as he ground his ass onto Rios.

"Maybe," Cas admitted breathlessly. "Have you ever taken the time to lick between all those muscles of his? Or teased him until his eyes get bright and you can tell he wants to be gentle but it’s a struggle to keep from throwing you down and taking what he wants?"

Caspin's gaze stayed on his human as he spoke, the fox's motions making Rios's length rub deliciously inside him.

"No," Rios hissed as he gave another sharp thrust, his honey-hued eyes darkening a shade. "But, he definitely licked a line down my back, right between my wings, as he took me from behind the other day." He grinded within the Vulpan for a moment before snapping his hips right back up to slide further into his depths. "Definitely felt those muscles against my back."

"You guys are all like -oh, fuck, there- sex candy, or something," Caspin told him. "Yummy."

Falorios let out a snort as he shifted a bit and began to gradually pick up his pace. "Wonder if you'll think the same whenever we all get old and gray," he teased. "Guess I better make use of the energy and strength I have right now...give you lotsa memories."

"Betcha I'll be..." Caspin cried out, clutching Rios' hands against his hips. "Be chasing you around in my walker, trying to cop a feel."

Rios held the Vulpan's hips tighter as he added more force to his thrust. "Celestials, Cas...that's both hot and hilarious at the same time!" He admitted.

Next to them, Nix was nuzzling Mycha in the palm of his hand.

"Good mousie." The cat gave one last lick. "All clean."

Mycha rolled right off the edge of Nix's fingers and shifted back into his human form gracefully. He lowered himself onto his knees before the Civek in one smooth transition. He gently peppered the feline's protruding belly in kisses, making a line straight down to his arousal. Large, golden eyes peered up at Nix. "May I, Serai?" He asked, not wanting to do anything to upset his mate.

"If you can even reach it." Nix laughed, patting his rounded tummy. "I know it's under there somewhere. I haven't seen it or my feet in a while."

The Murisian gave the Civek an excited expression as he settled himself further between Nix's legs. He slid his small hands up the sides of Nix's outer thighs before threading his fingers through each of the feline's hands. He had become so adept at giving head that he didn't even need his hands. In no time at all, he took the length into his mouth all the way to the base and sucked hard.

"Ohhhh, damn," the cat groaned, wishing he could see what Mycha was doing. "Look at that, you found it."

As Mycha's head was seen bobbing between Nix's legs, Adrian shifted his attention back down to the albino rabbit beneath him. He hadn't stretched him for long, knowing that Phen enjoyed a tighter fit. As he sank down into the pale man's entrance, he let out a rumbling groan. He held both of Phenner's wrists above his head with one hand as the other hand slid around to gently scratch the base of a cotton tail.

The bunny squeaked and wriggled. "Adrian," he whined softly, tugging at his restrained wrists just to feel the human's fingers tighten around them.

"Mmm, such a good job, taking me in all at once," the human purred as his free hand continued to slide along pale skin and dragging across a pink nipple. He gave a few shallow thrusts before driving himself in harder. "How do you want me to move? Slow?" He asked as he dragged his shaft slowly along Phen's prostrate. "Fast?" He asked again as he gave a swift thrust. "Hard?" He all but growled as he slammed his hips down in an undulating snap.

Phenner yelped but his long legs wrapped around Adrian's waist.

"H-hard... Feels so good any way you do it." The rabbit licked his rosebud lips. "But I want to feel it every time I sit down tomorrow."

"Then, that's..." Adrian responded as he found a deep and rough rhythm. "...what I'll do." It felt so good to let go more of a bit more control than usual. He trusted the rabbit to speak up should his movements be too forceful.

Phen's back arched, his pinned hands opening and closing. The flush pinking his cheeks spread down his throat and to his chest. He was certainly vocal, but his babble was all encouragement and carnal delight with Adrian's technique, physical attributes, and general prowess.

Due to his more brusque movements, Adrian was unable to properly praise his lover as usual. His words were breathless and interlaced with pleasure. "Yes..." he hissed. “Perfect...so lovely..."

And spread out beneath him, Phenner certainly was every complimentary thing Adrian claimed. Naked, the rabbit was all smooth white skin accented with shades of pink. His lips were swollen from kisses and nips. His fair hair spread around his head like a halo with his long, soft ears laying with one across his bicep and the other falling above him to show its coral tinted inner side.

When Adrian raked his gaze downward, he found Phen's length. It was pointing at the ceiling, the tip darkened and leaking.

Without hesitation, the human took hold of that length and began to stroke it at the same pace as his all but pummeling thrusts. "Don't...hold back..." Adrian insisted.

'Kay," Phenner gasped and promptly exploded, his legs tightening around Adrian's waist and his heels pressing against the man's ass.

Adrian continued to piston into the rabbit's heat until he felt himself falling off the edge as well.

"Fuck!" Falorios hissed as he continued to rock within Caspin, one of his hands eagerly pumping the Vulpan's member as the two of them took in the sight of their lovers reaching completion.

"Double fuck," Caspin agreed, pushing himself back into every thrust. "I'm so close... Pull my tail, Rios. Please," he whimpered.

The Alano immediately reached down with his other hand to tug the fluffy base, using it as leverage to tug the captain harder against his thrusts.

The captain's petite body shuddered as he gasped, tall ears twitching. He slammed himself down and held himself there, rolling his hips in circles as his muscles clamped tight around the rigid cock filling him. Caspin keened as he came, spilling into the air in front of him and slicking Rios's pumping hand.

Rios came hard within the Vulpan's inner walls, filling the fox up copiously with his seed. "Damn yes..." he gasped.

The sounds of their Seraglio didn't deter Mycha from his devotion to Nix's flesh. They did, however, urge him to release Nix's hands in order to stroke himself at the same time.

Nix wanted to thread his fingers through Mycha's hair, but he couldn't reach comfortably. Instead, his hands flung out to his sides, grabbing at whoever was closest.

"Damn, mousie," Nix purred thrusting up gently. "Your mouth is pure, perfect sin."

Mycha moaned as he deep-throated the Civek, humming as he kept him there.

Nix groaned, his head falling back on the couch, his eyes fluttering closed. Rios shifted the cat's hold on his shoulder to his hand, twining their fingers together as Caspin slumped back on the Alano's chest. Adrian's hand had already found Nix's. The softly smiling human was reclining back on the sofa, petting an exhausted Phenner's ears. The rabbit was sprawled in Adrian's lap, his cheek resting against his human's chest. Phen listened to the steady thump of Adrian's heart as he watched Nix thoroughly enjoying Mycha's attention. Phen grinned as he saw the tip of the Murisian's tail begin to curl. The bunny knew what that meant.

A glance at Nix showed the Civek was getting close, as well. The cat's dark lips were parted. Phen licked his own lips hearing Nix's soft, excited moans and mews. The cat's eyes flew open, his golden eye as unseeing as the blind one, as Nix arched, thrusting up hard into Mycha's mouth. The feline's ebony ears folded back into his red and black hair. He cursed once before he thrust again, his body strung tight, and Phen's smile widened at the thought of the mouthful Mycha was getting.

But, the Murisian himself swallowed every last drop of the Civek's essence, the sheer pleasure of it tilting him over the edge. In seconds, he was licking the feline's member clean, much like Nix had done earlier for him. He then nuzzled one of the other man's thighs, happy sounds falling from his lips.

As the six men snuggled closer together, their peaceful moment was interrupted by a sudden outburst.

"Wait, so the spilled cocoa was Mycha all this time?" Caspin questioned in a chiding tone.

The Murisian both snickered and looked chagrined at the same time. "I promise to clean it up in a few minutes?" He responded.

"Shhh," Nix cooed as he reached down to pet the captain's fluffy tail. "Clean up later. Nappies now."

:::::::::

Nix was curled next to Falorios in what Phenner had dubbed 'the nesting room', rubbing the increasingly itchy skin stretched over his swollen belly. His other mates were close, with Nix in the middle of the irregular circle their bodies made. The Civek was the only one awake.

"Feel like I'm gonna split like an overripe drayfa fruit," the Civek grumbled.

Nix gave up on the rubbing and moved on to scratching the tight skin. He whined as one of the babies showed its displeasure by kicking him hard in the ribs.

At the slightest whimper, Rios all but startled awake with a gasp, reaching over to place a gentle hand on Nix's shoulder. "Everything ok, love?" He asked as he glanced about to ensure that their other mates were there with them and safe.

"Itchy," Nix whined. "And your child boots me in the guts when I scratch! Your kitten is being mean to me, Falorios!"

"Would you like me to rub some lotion on you?" The Alano suggested. "I'm sorry our little one's restless."

"Rub the belly," Nix said, flopping onto his back amongst the pillows, arms flung above his head. The Civek wheezed when the sweet little lives inside him squished the air out of his lungs. Nix groaned and rolled on his side, reaching behind himself to rub his aching lower back.

"And I'll get Ade to rub your back later, too," Rios offered as he dug for the lotion and began to gently apply it on the Civek's skin. The expression on his face changed from the content of touching his mate to confusion, and slight panic. "I-Is there a bump on your bump?"

"Yes," Nix hissed, eyes narrowing dangerously. "I know my belly-button popped and I'm an outie now and it looks weird."

Rios shook his head frantically. "I'm not talking about your belly button, I'm saying beneath it," he countered as he shuffled around to look. His honey-hued eyes widened. "Celestials, it's a whole line! Kinda looks like a raised scar...does it hurt?" He asked as he gently slid a thumb along the edge of the raised skin.

Nix shivered, the area more sensitive than the rest of his skin.

"A raised line..." The cat's eyes widened. "Below my belly button. About yay long?" Nix held his hands up about six inches apart. "Running up and down, not side to side?"

The wide-eyed Alano nodded his head. "Do you know how it happened? Should I take you to the Medbay?" He asked immediately.

"Uh, yeah, I know how it happened... Well, mostly. They explained it when they separated the boys, girls, and breeders in health class in middle school. It the escape hatch." Nix rubbed a hand over his face. "A few days to a week before a breeder pops, we get one. Makes a path through my guts, splits the muscle and skin, and stays glued together until right before showtime." Nix peeked at Rios through his fingers. "I thought you said you guys learned all the things about breeder births?"

The Alano's mouth hung open, his eyes still wide. "My kind still lay eggs and most of the info we've gotten about births have been from Phen and what little Caspin managed to glean from his travels!" He insisted in a panicky whisper. "I hatched from an egg!"

The Civek was pretty nervous about the upcoming birth. Somehow, that feeling twisted into a need to torment his mate, just a little.

"Yep, these babies are gonna tear right out of my tumtum, through that little bitty hole down there," Nix said, covering his devilish smile with his hand and trying to make his eyes look scared. "Just rip right through."

Falorios paled. "Caspiiiin!" He called out as he reached over to shake the Vulpan's shoulder. "Caspin! We have to find someone with Civek breeder knowledge to help Nix deliver...like right now! He has an escape hatch!"

The Vulpan bolted upright, the hair on one side of his head sticking out wildly, head-butting Rios.

"What?" Cas whined, rubbing the knot forming on his forehead. "Who has a what, now? The babies are coming? ADRIAN!"

Caspin's cry startled all the other men awake. Adrian carefully clambered over to Nix. "Everything alright, kitten?" He asked as he approached.

Nix shrugged, nibbling his lip nervously as he pointed at the raised line on his stomach. "Escape hatch."

The human placed a hand on either side of the raised line. "How soon?" He asked, his blue eyes filled with wonder. "What do you need?"

"Time machine?" Nix said seriously. "Then I can go forward a week and hang out with my babies without dealing with that whole giving birth thing?"

"A week?" Cas squeaked. "But the Civek baby doctor isn't going to be here for at least a month and a half! He's at some stupid important conference about reproductive rights!"

Upon hearing the news, Falorios fainted.

"Rios!" Adrian cried out as he held out his arm to catch the Alano in mid-fall.

"Aww," Nix sighed, leaning over to pet the Alano's pale green hair. "Guess I shouldn't have said anything about kittens ripping through me. Oopsie."

"The kits will be here in less than a week!" Phenner exclaimed happily, crawling over Mycha to give Nix a hug. "And don't worry about the ripping, Nixie. That's something that happens sometimes. The Medbay will fix you right up, no problem."

Nix stared at the bunny, his inky skin growing ashen. "You mean there really is ripping of my flesh?" the Civek shouted, looking horrified. "No! No flesh-ripping!"

"Well, it doesn't happen every time," Phenner said hesitantly.

"No." Nix pointed at the rabbit and then looked desperately at Adrian. "Time machine?"

"We'll all be right there with you, you've nothing to fear," Adrian pointed out as he carefully lifted Rios into his arms and slid down the massive pillow to the door. "I'm going to take Rios to the Medbay," he announced as he motioned towards the direction with his head. "Coming, kitten?"

"There better be that time machine when I get there," Nix grumbled as he followed, Mycha giving him a boost to help him to his feet.

"I'll try to reach the doctor and see if he knows anyone in the surrounding systems who is qualified to oversee A Civek breeder birth," Caspin said quickly, scurrying out the door after them.

Phenner frowned and looked at Mycha. "I feel really bad," the bunny said quietly. "I lied. Tearing is common. Hopefully it'll be different since Nixie has a different kind of escape hatch."

"Me too," Mycha whispered back. "But, the Medbay will definitely help!"

:::::::

The Civek was on a mission.

He waddled down the ship’s corridor, dragging a confused Falorios behind him. The cat peeked behind a door, sighed, shut it, and moved on.

"What are you looking for?" the Alano asked cautiously. His mate had been increasingly moody over the last several days since the 'escape hatch' had developed below Nix's belly button. The poor moth never knew when his lover would start spitting and hissing or crying despondently.

"I want you to fuck me," Nix said simply, looking in another room.

"We've passed quite a few rooms with beds in them," Rios suggested quietly. "And a couple couches, too."

"Nope," the cat said seriously. "Not the right place."

"Maybe if you tell me what place you need I can help you find it?" Rios asked as he was dragged around a corner.

Nix's yellow eye and white eye both narrowed dangerously. Rios swallowed. It appeared that it was going to be a hissing day. Luckily, the Civek was distracted by the next door. Nix grinned and yanked it open, peering into the darkness beyond. The linen closet was cool and smelled like clean laundry. Shelves holding sheets, blankets, and towels lined the walls. It was a little bigger than the walk-in closet in Nix's room.

"Get in the closet, Falorios," Nix said with a wicked grin and a jerk of his head, making his red-streaked ebony hair fall into his eyes.

The Alano felt a heat that dove right to his cock at the sight of that grin. Without a response, he scampered right into the closet and began to lay down soft towels on the ground for them to lay on.

"Need more blankets," Nix muttered, yanking down a mountain of comforters that nearly buried them. Rios helped Nix push them around until the Civek was satisfied.

Rios blinked at the well-cushioned fort they'd made. It was like a soft, cozy nest. The thought made his skin prickle and the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. Nix quickly distracted the moth from his worries by stripping them both out of their clothes and slamming their mouths together as he pulled Rios toward their little fort.

Warm hands eagerly stroked all over the feline's skin as the two of them descended onto the pile. "So hot," he whispered when they pulled away. "Sexy, gorgeous..." The Alano confessed as his hand gently stroked the Civek's member.

Nix mewed excitedly, thrusting his hips as he reached for the Alano's hardening length. The cat bit his lip and moaned as he felt Rios' natural lubrication begin to slick the shaft.

"I want this in me," Nix purred. "Hurry."

Rios didn't hesitate to maneuver them both until he was laying behind Nix in a spooning position. From there, he carefully pressed himself at the other man's entrance as he gently lifted Nix's leg so he could slide in. A groan fell from his lips as he was once again surrounded by his mate's heat. "Nix."

"Nnn, Falorios... Fuck, yes... Deep, give it to me deep, sugar," the cat purred, rolling his hips back. "You can go slow if you're worried about the kittens. I promise I'll tell you if anything feels like too much. But I need you all the way inside me."

The Alano complied, thrusting harder and faster into the feline's depths. One of his hands slid over a hip before taking hold of the Civek's slick arousal and stroking it to the same beat. "Love you so much," He panted into Nix's ear.

"Mine," the cat said breathlessly, reaching back to hold Rios close, pushing back into every thrust. "You're mine. I won't ever let you leave me. I need you too much."

"I could say the same thing," Rios pointed out. "Celestials, I'm never letting you outta my sight again. Ever." He admitted as he continued to drive himself further and further inside.

"Yay," Nix said softly, but with feeling. "Oh, fuck, Falorios... I'm close already... Feels so good..."

Falorios kissed the nape of Nix's neck as he kept up his pace, both with the movement of his hips and the hand stroking the feline's shaft. "Then do it," he hissed. "Come hard for me, Nix."

The Civek's head fell back against Rios' shoulder as his half tail curled around his lover's hip. When the Alano's thumb circled Nix's tip at the same time Rios rubbed the cat's sweet spot, Nix was lost. He moaned and mewed, body tightening around Rios as he made a mess of the blankets beneath them.

Rios followed him right into bliss as he came deeper inside the Civek than he ever recalled. He felt another layer of dampness falling over his hand and below them and he wondered, for a moment, if Nix had somehow cum twice. As he peered over, he realized that the wetness was most certainly not coming out of the Civek's shaft. "Oh shit!" he gasped. "What's going on?"

Nix looked down at the growing wet spot beneath him then back at Rios.

"Oops. I think my water just broke."

"CASPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!" Falorios called out frantically after taking a moment to cover Nix's ears. "CASPIN, ADE, PHEN, MOUSIE, IT'S HAPPENING!"

"Still too loud," the Civek hissed as he elbowed the Alano in retaliation.

But, Rios was already rushing out the closet door glancing from one end of the hall to the next. "GUYS, IT'S HAPPENING!"

The men came from all directions. Caspin and Adrian sprinted from the common room, followed by Loxias and Sifta, who had stopped by to visit and see how everyone was. Phenner hopped out of a bedroom on one leg, pulling on his shorts with a blushing Mycha behind him looking clothed, but suspiciously disheveled and pink-cheeked.

"They're coming? Now?!" Caspin yelled, making Nix growl from the darkness of the linen closet. "They can't come now! I haven't even heard back from the Civek specialist on who would know about breeder births around here!" Cas stuck his head in the closet, his voice lowering. "Hang in there, Nixie. Everything is just fine. No problems here. Everything under control."

"I'm in labor, not deaf!" the cat hissed, throwing a wadded up towel at the captain's head. "And I don't need a damn baby doctor poking at me. I'm fine right here to have the babies. It's safe and dark in here."

"Umm, don't you think the Medbay might be better?" Phenner asked gently as he stepped around Cas to scoot into the closet.

"Safe and dark!" the Civek growled, looking for another towel to ball up and throw. "Ohhh." Nix gave up the search to clutch his swollen tummy, feeling the muscles tightening under his hands. "Yeah, that doesn't feel good."

Rios rushed back to Nix’s side. “Can someone get him some water?” He called out.

“If a Civek specialist is what you need, I can find you one,” Lox’s deep voice joined the fray. “Let me make a few phone calls.”

"Ugh, I told you. I don't need some weirdo fussing at me,” Nix grumbled, nodding his thanks to Mycha, who had appeared with a bottle of water. The cat nearly dropped it when his stomach muscles tightened. "Fuck, Rios, we're never having sex again."

“I’d trade sex for your safety and our kittens any day,” Rios vowed with sincerity.

Caspin nodded to Loxias, his green eyes frightened. "Please, find me Nix's weirdo," he said quietly so the Civek wouldn't hear. "I mean doctor. Shit. No weirdos."

The massive Kaynen was already dictating orders through the phone.

Falorios remained right next to Nix, Mycha at the Civek's other side, while Phenner spoke words of encouragement beside Mycha. Within the hour, Adrian opened the hangar to let in an obstetrician that, though he didn't exactly specialize in Civeks, had always been interested in their culture during school and even wrote a thesis on Civek breeders.

The Kaynen doctor followed the human, rubbing a hand over his weary face. A yowl split the air, followed by colorful cursing coming from the darkened room.

"My patient is stuffed in a closet?" the doctor asked incredulously. "What were you thinking? He should have immediately been taken to your Medbay to monitor his progress."

“That would be easier said than done,” Adrian responded. “He refuses to get out of there.”

The Kaynen was several inches shorter than the human who appeared muscular enough to pick the doctor up and throw him, though the Kaynen had a fair bit of muscle on him, as well. The obstetrician wasn't intimidated, however, crossing his arms and glaring at the bigger man.

"How many of you are there and none of you could get him there?" the doctor asked, rolling his golden brown eyes as his folded terrier ears twitched.

The doctor set down his bag and stepped toward the door. A timid-looking Vulpan standing next to it.

"Are you one of the fathers?" the doctor asked.

"A friend," Sifta answered with a shake of his head. "But Nix won't let anyone in but his mates. Be careful doctor. He has very good aim for throwing things," Sifta warned him, rubbing the bump on his forehead.

"Don't worry. He's neither the first mother to start flinging things about during labor, nor is he the last. Go have a med unit take care of that goose egg, “the doctor ordered, shooing the Vulpan away.” Mr. Nix, my name is Dr. Turnquist. It's past time to go to the Medbay, don't you think?" the Kaynen said without going inside.

"Fuck off, weirdo!" came the instant response.

The obstetrician turned to Adrian with raised brows.

The human rushed inside and knelt next to the Civek. “Kitten, the doc only wants what’s best for the kits...you do want them to be safe, don’t you?” He urged. “The safest place for them right now is the Medbay.”

"It's safe here," the Civek protested, wrapping his arms around Adrian's waist and burying his face in his human's tummy.

Dr. Turnquist stepped in while Nix was distracted, looking around quickly. As he'd expected, the Civek had built himself a birthing nest somewhere dark and quiet. The nest was more…fluffy than expected. But, considering the number of soft blankets that had been in the closet, it wasn't surprising. Now to get the cat to the Medbay.

"Of course, this would be an excellent location, except... Hmmm," the obstetrician said thoughtfully, noticing Nix's ears perking in his direction. "Shame about the draft. Even with plenty of swaddling, hopefully the kittens won't take a chill. And if criminals were to break into the ship, this area is awfully close to the loading bay." Turnquist shook his head. "You are all quite tough-looking, though. I'm sure the little ones will be quite strong and able to withstand whatever." The Kaynen strolled over to the opposite end of the wide shelf Nix had used to hold up his blanket fort. Turnquist gave it a push and frowned. "This seems a tad rickety. Do you have problems with wood-eating bugs?"

Nix squeaked and scooted away from the shelf, heaving himself into Adrian's lap and clung to the man's neck.

"The babies will freeze and be in danger from baddies and then get bitten by bugs in here!" the Civek wailed. "We can't stay in here!"

The ex-soccer-player glared at the doctor for putting such fears into Nix's mind. But, his expression softened when the Civek all but clambered into his arms. He lifted Nix up in a steady motion. “Then, shall we go to the Medbay?” He asked gently.

At the Civek's hesitant nod Adrian, flanked by the rest of their Seraglio, made their way to the Medbay. The human carefully laid Nix down and Rios immediately took hold of the feline's hand, refusing to be parted from his side. Mycha took Nix's other hand and stood on his other side. Caspin and Phenner stood right next to them.

"What do you need us to do?" Adrian asked Dr. Turnquist.

"Have you all even cleaned your hands?" Turnquist asked.

At the guilty looks, the doctor grumbled and pointed at the hand sanitation station against the wall.

"Alright then," Turnquist approached the ebony skinned breeder shifting uncomfortably under the sheet on the well-padded table. "Do you want your kittens to be born hale and hearty? Do you want to give them the best possible chance?"

"Of course I do, asshole," Nix snapped, hugging his swollen stomach protectively.

"Good. I want that, too," Turnquist said seriously, pulling a small bottle out of his pocket, squirting some sanitizer in his palms and rubbing it vigorously over his hands and forearms. "I got my ass pulled out of bed for this. I want to see a bunch of healthy babes when we're through." The doctor pulled another sheet from a shelf and laid it gently over Nix's chest. "I'll do my best to tell you what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. You do what you need to do to be comfortable as long as you stay up here on the table and I can still do my work. Deal?"

"Fine." Nix crossed his arms over his chest and stuck his nose in the air. "But if you do anything funny, I'll have Adie tear your arms off."

"Sounds fair," Turnquist said with a chuckle. "Now, let's get a look at your forare and see how far along you are."

"Look at my what?" Nix growled, clutching the sheets to his body.

"Where the kittens will come out," the doctor said gruffly, sneaking a sheet out from under the Civek's hands and tugging it down so one sheet continued to cover Nix's chest and he folded the other just under the cat's rounded tummy. "There we are." Turnquist grabbed a skin and tissue sanitizing scanner from a shelf under the table, running it over every inch of Nix's belly.

"That's the escape hatch," the Civek said stubbornly.

"That, too," the doctor responded. "I'm going to touch you, now."

When the men had finished cleaning up, they returned to the table to find Dr. Turnquist laying his hands on Nix's stomach, concentration furrowing his eyebrows as Nix hissed at him.

"Did you dunk your hands in ice water?" the cat complained.

Rios and Mycha immediately rushed back over to Nix's sides, taking a hand each. Phenner peered at the doctor's process with increasing interest.

"Our Medbay is quite advanced," Caspin explained. "We have the signature of many species thanks to our travels and help from the Zanders."

The doctor looked unimpressed. "Get him scanned then," Turnquist said, peering at Nix's stomach. "I want to know if his linea alba and the aponeurosis of the external obliques have fully parted. I'm not rooting around in there with him half unzipped." The Kaynen's frown deepened. "And please tell me you have version six point seven of the anesthesia protocol. We want him to be comfortable, not pickle him."

"I-I'll check right now and get him scanned," Caspin said quickly, sprinting to a console. "Ade, you did all the anesthesia training, right? Do you remember the version?"

“Yes, we do have six point seven,” Adrian responded.

Rios’s wings fluttered behind him as he tried not to panic. “Everything will be fine,” He muttered to himself. “Nix and the kittens will be fine...”

"Of course we will," Nix winked at the Alano and squeezed his hand. "I'm too stubborn to let anything go wrong." The cat's grip tightened when his stomach muscles locked tight again.

"Scan's done!" Caspin chirped, hitting a button to send the report to a screen near the doctor.

"Finally," Turnquist grumbled, looking over the information. He chuckled. "Good thing I came when I did. Your kittens appear to be impatient to arrive. The first is getting ready to start down the transverse canal." The doctor nodded to Adrian. "Better get that anesthesia program running quick." He punched in orders on his screen. "We can dull the pain, but not eliminate it or labor will stall. Don't override the numbers I just put in."

"Fuck you!" Nix shouted, clutching the hands he held. "Eliminate! This hurts like a goddamned bitch! Adrian! Override the crap out of him!"

"We have to do what's best for both you and the kittens," Adrian frowned at the sight of the Civek in pain. "He then turned towards the doctor. “Understood."

"Ade, now you and Rios are never fucking me again!" Nix snarled. He would have found something to throw if Phen and Falorios hadn't been hold his hands.

"I'll bend over for you and you can fuck me if that's how you want it from now on," Adrian mused aloud as he followed the doctor's instructions. "You have to be alive to do it though, and that's why we're doing what the doc says."

Nix just grumbled in response.

"Well, if that's all settled," Dr. Turnquist interjected, looking up from his screen. "It seems like your appropriate bits and parts have spread themselves enough to get this show going. Which is good, because somebody dragged me from my warm bed and I'd like to damn well get back to it."

"Ow, ow, fucking ow!" Nix hissed as his belly tightened. It felt as though he was going to tear apart from the inside. "Are you friggin' hitting the wrong anesthesia buttons you damned too tall human! Don't make me come over there!"

Mycha began to pat Nix’s forehead with a soft terry cloth. “Breathe, Nixie,” he urged. “Deep breaths.”

The Civek struggled through several breaths until he began to calm.

"Ah, mousie, I love you," Nix sighed, his pupil contacting as the MedBay's pain relief kicked in suddenly. "You make me feel better. Still kinda hurts, but I can take kinda. Not nearly the worst pain I've felt. It's not so bad now." Nix blinked up at Mycha. "You're so cute and adorable. Wait, are those both the same things?" Nix frowned and shook his head. "Doesn't matter, you're both. You can still fuck me while I’m fucking Adrian and Falorios but not letting them fuck me, 'kay?"

“It would be an honor,” the Murisian responded as he continued to gently pat Nix down with the cloth.

"Do you think the kittens will be alright, mousie?" the Civek asked, voiced strained as his abdominal muscles tightened again, pain leaking through the anesthetic. "I know you'll tell me the truth. I've been feeling them move around. I talk to them when no one's listening. I love them sooooo much, my little bitty furbutts that I haven't even seen yet." Nix blinked rapidly, squeezing tightly to the hands holding his as he kept his hazy gaze on Mycha. "I love them so much. I don't know if I can take losing even one of them. And the only professional that can help me is a Kaynen weirdo."

The doctor's snort sounded suspiciously like he was covering a laugh. His focused stayed on the opening in his patient's stomach, however, not looking up. Nix didn't notice, unable to pull his attention from his mousie.

“We’ll take good care of them,” Mycha vowed. “Every single one.”

"'Kay, I... Well, that feels bizarre..." Nix peered over his tummy to see the doctor lifting something small enough to be mostly hidden by his long fingers.

"Kit number one is out," the doctor announced. "Activate the first tube. I want it warm and running in two seconds. I don't feel any breaths."

Caspin slammed his finger on the icon and a picnic basket sized clear pod seemed to appear next to the doctor.

Dr. Turnquist snipped and sealed the umbilical cord and set the tiny creature on the padded floor of the pod with the utmost care. When he removed his hands the lid snapped closed with a click that seemed to ring through the silent room. The men all craned to see inside as the doctor activated the pod and began scanning.

A little bundle about the size of Caspin's fist lay inside. It appeared to be wrapped in a thin bluish-indigo covering that wound tightly around it. As the pod efficiently cleaned and dried the swaddled infant, the edges of the covering curled back to reveal a tiny tan - colored foot. The pod beeped and the tiny bundle flexed, little humanoid toes curling. The rest of the covering fell to either side of the baby, revealing purple - blue butterfly wings with splotches of white and red at the edges. The wings were flat and rumpled, like a silk shirt that needed to be ironed. The baby kicked, opening cupid bow lips in a wall of displeasure, thin lavender antennae unfurling from under black and green tufts of hair to twitch in agitation.

"Congratulations," Turnquist said, returning to his vigil at Nix's lower abdomen. "It's a boy."

The men in the room seemed to let out a collective sigh of relief as they heard the infant’s hearty wail.

“Our firstborn!” Rios cried out in joy. “Nix, you’re doing so well.” He praised as he pressed a kiss to the Civek’s temple.

"H-he's okay?" Nix asked, voice trembling as he blinked back tears. "Did someone count fingers and toes?"

"Ten fingers, ten toes!" Phenner announced in excitement, all but plastering his face to the glass of the tube to count. "Fluffy lavender antennae and baby butterfly wings!"

"Name him for me, bunbun?" Nix asked with a tired smile.

"Phaedryn," the rabbit whispered, a gentle smile on his lips as he drew his finger along the glass over the baby, who seemed to be calming. The infant's eyes blinked open and seemed to be looking back at Phenner. The bottom of the iris was deep green, slowly morphing to buttercup yellow at the top. "Hello, Phaedryn. I'm one of your daddies and I'm so glad you're finally here."

Nix squeezed Rios' hand as contractions hit again, but the cat let out a breath. It wasn't nearly as painful as before. Mycha took Nix's other hand and continued to wipe the Civek's brow. There was a slight pulling sensation on Nix's lower stomach, but it didn't hurt or bother him. The cat assumed he might have to wait through several more rounds of contractions before he got another baby.

"Pod," Turnquist ordered, making Nix lift his head from the pillow.

Phenner was vibrating with excitement as he peered over the doctor's shoulder. Turnquist elbowed him aside and deposited a kit even smaller than the first in the second pod. She had tiny black and white paws and legs that seemed more than a little shaky as she tried to crawl forward. A little round puff of a black tail sat above her bottom. Her body and face was a soft, snowy white with hints of pink at her nose and in her ebony ears, which were elongated like Phenner's but pointed and wider, like Nix's. The eyes were tightly closed, each circled in black fur, and looked unlikely to open until she was older. When Phen let out a small ‘squee’ he simply couldn't contain, the little kit gave a tiny squeak back.

"I helped make that one!" Phenner announced proudly.

"Congratulations," Dr. Turnquist said once more, then paused. "It's a rabbit-cat-bunny-kitten-something..."

"It's a girl!" Caspin chipped in, grinning at his screen. "Nice and healthy!"

"That one was easy," Nix admitted. "Phen, you're allowed to fuck me." The rabbit grinned shamelessly as Nix turned his eyes to Adrian. "You name this one, big guy."

A large grin formed on the human's face. "Anisa," he decided. "Our first darling little girl."

“Perfect,” Nix told him.

"Make sure those pods are giving vaccinations, vitamins, glucose, and surfactants to those kits. I want their breathing nice and easy and Civeks have a tendency towards a blood sugar drop right after birth." The doctor was pulled from his orders to Caspin by his patient's pained groan as a strong contraction hit. The next baby took longer to arrive. It was wrapped up like the first had been, though these wings were creamy white instead of indigo - blue. The wrinkled wings fell to the sides before the doctor could get the little bundle to the pod, revealing a baby who was breathing but with skin a terrifying shade of blue that wasn't natural to any of their species. The doctor said nothing as he quickly but carefully deposited the infant into the pod and strode over to take Caspin's place at the console.

Phenner looked down at the little one. He was nearly the same size as Phaedryn, but where Phaedryn’s tiny hands and feet wriggled in the air, this kit's lay limp as though exhausted. His little chest rose and fell, which kept Phenner from panicking. Snowy white kitten ears peeked from ebony curls, matching his white-furred tail. With the rumpled wings spread, Phen saw the shape and pattern looked like that of a white lunar moth.

“It’s a boy,” the rabbit said softly. “Ten fingers and ten toes, Nixie.”

“What's wrong with him?” the Civek asked desperately, even as another contraction hit him.

“You,” the doctor pointed at Phenner. “Go watch for the next kit. Catch it if you have to. Don't pull. Let it come out on its own.”

Phen rushed to obey.

“And before you yell at me and tire yourself out, give me just a moment to finish this scan. Don't panic. This is a good MedBay and I'm a good doctor.” Turnquist glared at the screen as though that would give him the information faster. “There.” He typed as he spoke, giving the MedBay orders. “He has a heart defect, likely congenital. I said watch for the next kit!” the doctor snapped as Phenner’s head whipped around and he swayed on his feet. “Looks like dextro-transposition of the great arteries.”

“Can you fix it?” several voices asked at the same time.

“Of course I can,” Turnquist grumbled.” He'll just need some extra time in the tube. I've got the pod flipping his blood oxygenation input. Just give it a moment. That will keep him healthy and safe until we can adjust the repair protocols for such a little guy. He's got miles to go, but he'll be fine. Just needs a little extra time.”

As soon as Nix turned towards Mycha, the Murisian realized the most fitting name for the little moth. “Miles,” he stated. “Miles will be his name.”

Falorios was pale as he clasped Nix’s hand a little harder than he needed too. He gulped, but otherwise kept his frantic thoughts to himself as they continued to focus on the rest of the babies.

“Uh, something's happening here, doc,” Phenner said uneasily. “And it looks like a head.”

“Little busy over here,” Turnquist said impatiently. “Support the head when you catch it, seal the umbilical, get the kit in the pod, and get back in time to pull the placenta so the next kit isn't blocked.”

“Okay, I can do that,” Phenner said. “I can do the things. Oh, holy… I see ears! There are silver foxy ears! And this one is wrapped up, too, just not as much! That means wings! There you go, little buddy, get that other shoulder out. Looks like black leopard spots over white and silver. Sweet Goddess, here it comes! Got ‘im!” Phen sealed the cord like a pro and hurried the baby to a pod. “He's pink and he's breathing! Ew, kinda slimy, though, aren’t you, little guy? ” The kit protested his transfer into the pod with a shockingly loud cry. “Yep! Definitely breathing!” Phenner announced as he hurried back to Nix.

Rios nearly yelped when Nix tugged at his hand sharply. “Oh! Um, that one can be Faustir,” he announced. “Phen, please come back!” He added in a pleading whisper.

“Why do you need bunbun?” Nix demanded, his yellow iris darkening. “Are you trying to get away? Do you just want to go see one of your cute little kits and leave me here in agony?” the Civek demanded. “I swear, I’m going to find a way to get you pregnant, Falorios,” Nix hissed. “Super-duper pregnant.”

“And I’m back!” Phenner announced, taking over the hand Mycha had been holding. “Looks like Miles will be okay. Just need to get him fixed up after you’re done, Nixie! And you’re getting close! You can do it!” Phen smiled at Rios who was stark white. “I love the name Faustir! Uh, you okay, Rios?”

“I’m fine,” Rios all but whimpered. “Totally fine. Is the next kit ok?”

“Faustir is perfect. Getting all his vaccinations and good stuff.” Phen petted Nix’s cheek. “Thank you so much for them, Nixie. I can’t even tell you how my heart feels like it’s gonna just blow up in a big rainbow glitter cloud of happiness. I love you.”

Nix nuzzled into the touch. “Love you too, bunbunnnoohhhmyFUCKwhatthehell!” Nix shrieked as his muscles tightened. “Turn the drugs back on, you sadistic meathead!”

“They’re on!” Adrian assured.

“Well, then give me more!” Nix wrenched himself onto his elbows to glare at the doctor over the mountain of his stomach. “What in the nineteen hells are you doing down there!”

“The next kit isn’t turned,” Turnquist told him with a frown. “He’s coming out feet first. This one’s going to be difficult. I could try to reach in and turn him. It would make him come out easier, but you’re likely to tear and it might hurt the kit behind him.”

“Why are you just numbing me up and cutting them all out?” Nix demanded.

“Everything I’ve read about Civeks says that C-sections are a choice of last resort,” the doctor explained quickly. “The Civek kits are stimulated to begin breathing on their own by going through the birthing process. Civek kits that have to be removed surgically have to be on ventilators for a minimum of two weeks. They also are more prone to infection, their little hearts tend to be sluggish, and they don’t feed as well.”

“Don’t you dare cut the babies out of me, then!” Nix shouted.

“Do you want me to turn this kit?”

“You keep your damned hands out of my escape hatch!” Nix bellowed, sitting up further. “That is exit only! You might hurt the next kitten!” Nix groaned as another contraction locked like iron bands around his belly. “You stick your fingers in there and I’ll break them off... Holy fuck, is that a foot?”

Though he couldn’t even fully see what was going on, the mere sound of it seemed to be a touch too much for the Alano. He opened his mouth as if to help urge Nix to follow the doctor’s suggestions, but then he promptly swayed in place and passed out.

“FALORIOS, YOU SON OF A BITCH, GET BACK UP HERE!” Nix hollered, yanking roughly on the hand he was still holding. “Wake up or I’m tearing this arm off! You promised to help me through this! If I can’t be knocked unconscious neither can you!”

“Would someone please check the father with the weak constitution to make sure he hasn’t bashed a hole in his head?” Dr. Turnquist asked, rolling his eyes. He held onto the pair of feet that were sticking out and gave them a wiggle. The toes flexed and a bit more of the infant slid out. “Oh, thank goodness, this one is all wrapped from the ankles up. Should make it pop out easier.” He felt the side of Nix’s stomach with his other hand. “One more big contraction and this one should be done. You’re doing fine. His little feet are kicking and his skin tone looks healthy. I can already tell this one will hit the ground running.”

Nix wailed Rios’ full name when the next contraction wracked him. The doctor pulled gently on the kit’s ankles, guiding it out. The head and body, down to its little feet were wrapped tightly in black wings with brown spots, allowing the baby to slip out easier than the doctor had expected. The umbilical was sealed and kit number five was placed just as carefully into a pod as its brothers and sisters.

Mycha rushed over to check Rios. “He’s still breathing, he should be fine!” He said as he gently patted the Alano’s cheek. “What a time to faint, Rios, honestly…”

While Mycha looked over Falorios, Caspin peeked at the upside-down babe. “The little one seems to be ok,” he reported as the baby’s wings opened to expose more of his body. “Mouse ears? And a cat tail...with black wings with brown spots, oh he’s simply precious!”

“I think it’s your turn to name him, Cas,” Mycha pointed out from his spot on the ground.

“I say when they get named,” Nix growled. Several seconds passed until the Civek nodded. “Okay, now you can name him, foxy.”

“Chase,” the captain chose. “This one will be Chase.”

“How many is that?” Nix asked, flopping back onto the pillow, unable to hold himself up any longer. “Can I be done now?” His eyes blinked slowly. “‘m tired.”

“One more left,” the doctor announced. “Come on, last one. You can’t sleep yet. Don’t you want to meet them?”

“Later maybe?” the Civek’s eyes closed. “Chasiepoo took a lot outta me.”

“You have to be awake to name this one, Nixie,” Phenner whispered, kissing the cat’s forehead after brushing the dampened blank locks from it. “Just a little more.”

“But Falorios won’t see it…” Nix whimpered, tears slipping from under his closed lids. He shook the limp Alano’s hand where he still clung to it. “Cuz Falorios left me all alone because he’s a stupid head.”

When he heard the hints of despair in Nix’s voice, Mycha frowned and was prompted into action. He drew a hand back and brought it sharply across the Alano’s face in a stinging slap that caused the other man to startle awake.

“Huh? Where am I?” Rios mumbled, disoriented for a moment. But, then he realized what was going on and he let out a yelp. “Babies! Nix!” He rushed upwards and nearly tumbled back down again due to lost equilibrium, but the Murisian was right there to keep him upright.

“Easy there, Rios,” Mycha insisted. “Nix is almost done, this is the last kit.”

Falorios!” Nix wailed, his eyes opening. “You came back! I take it back, you aren’t a son of a bitch stupid head.”

“Contraction coming,” the doctor warned. “Let’s see if we can get this little tyke out on this one. Just let it roll through you.”

Rios bent down to press a kiss to the back of Nix’s hand. “Last one, baby.”

“Hnn, still fucking hurts,” Nix groaned as the contraction hit him. “I better get some amazing drugs after this.”

“I promise, all the best ones,” Turnquist said. “Just this last kit and you can have them.”

“Looks like another little bundle,” the doctor announced. “Just a little more, hold onto the contraction. Let it go on a little-there we go. Last one’s out.”

The umbilical was sealed and the tiny wrapped baby was deposited into the final pod. The wings wrapping the kitten shimmered, mostly consisting of translucent sections that showed the shifting infant inside. Black and tan lines circled each clear window. When they unfurled, the kit stretched little pale arms and legs and yawned widely. She blinked up at the world with wide eyes, the irises with an inner ring of yellow and an outer ring that was pale green. She turned her head toward Chase, who was howling, showing off her human ears and black locks of hair with tan tips atop her head. He little nose wrinkled, her lower lip trembled, and she let out the most heart-broken cry any of them had ever heard. It seemed to even startle Chase, who snapped his mouth closed abruptly. Without her brother wailing, the latest addition’s cries trailed off as well. She sniffled and began to hiccup.

“A girl,” the doctor said as he pressed gently on Nix’s stomach to encourage his muscles to move back where they should be.

Naia,” Nix whispered with a soft smile, his head turned to look into the pod. “My little Naia,” he murmured, his eyes drifting closed as he fell asleep, utterly exhausted.

a/n: Yes, there will be an Epilogue.
Copyright © 2017 HinderToyBL, Rambling Robin, Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 19
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

6 minutes ago, Demoness of music said:

Yay! This chapter makes me so Happy!!!

 

We're glad you enjoyed it. We know it's been a long time coming.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Normischell said:

Our babies!  We finally got our babies!!!  I want snuggles so bad. 

 

They're so tiny and itty bitty and precious. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The BABIES ARE HERE!!!! Awwwww. I wanna hold and sniff baby cheeks. 😍🤗  Congrats to all the daddies and uncles and us readers!! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, LadyDe said:

The BABIES ARE HERE!!!! Awwwww. I wanna hold and sniff baby cheeks. 😍🤗  Congrats to all the daddies and uncles and us readers!! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️

 

Yes, yes indeed. 

Link to comment

Starts knitting baby boots, *hurry up, we need a dozen*. Congrats! Wings means they can fly, don't they? Six crawling, running and fluttering babies. They are gonna be exhausted...

Edited by booklove
  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, booklove said:

Starts knitting baby boots, *hurry up, we need a dozen*. Congrats! Wings means they can fly, don't they? Six crawling, running and fluttering babies. They are gonna be exhausted...

 

Yes...yes, they can fly, but not right away. A bit later, when the wings are strong enough to bear the weight. They definitely will be exhausted the first few months, in any case, just like all new parents.

Edited by Thirdly
Link to comment

Lovely chapter. And it seems like little NAIA will be the heart of the group. I love it. ☺

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, chonga said:

Lovely chapter. And it seems like little NAIA will be the heart of the group. I love it. ☺

 

...actually, that title would belong to Miles. The girls are definitely more protected, though. 

Link to comment

Naia, Chase, Faustir, Miles, Anisa, and Phaedryn. 4 boys and 2 girls.  Good work Nix.  The kittens are here and I can’t wait to see how the family raises them.  Great chapter and thanks.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, glennish said:

Naia, Chase, Faustir, Miles, Anisa, and Phaedryn. 4 boys and 2 girls.  Good work Nix.  The kittens are here and I can’t wait to see how the family raises them.  Great chapter and thanks.  

 

Well, the good part is that with 6 dads, there's some kind of balance. The kids won't get away with everything, but they probably will get away with a lot!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Beebes...we have the Beebes...thank you...thank you, looking forward to the Epilogue....and more????😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Amazing chapter. Loved the description of the kits, with hints to the fathers.

 

They weren't all fully described. For example, Anisa was born in her spirit form and we've yet to describe her human form. But, we will definitely be seeing more of them.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Beebes...we have the Beebes...thank you...thank you, looking forward to the Epilogue....and more????😀

 

Yes, there will be a sequel, and the sequel has a surprise. I just can't say anything yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/28/2018 at 5:52 AM, Thirdly said:

 

They weren't all fully described. For example, Anisa was born in her spirit form and we've yet to describe her human form. But, we will definitely be seeing more of them.

Nice twist, being born in spirit form. And I don't recall if all our friends are actually dual natured, spirit-form capable, or whatever their respective species called it.

 

Magnificent story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, shyboy85 said:

Nice twist, being born in spirit form. And I don't recall if all our friends are actually dual natured, spirit-form capable, or whatever their respective species called it.

 

Magnificent story!

 

Out of the crew, Caspin, Mycha, and Phenner can shift into a spirit form. Mycha is the only one that can speak while in his mouse form. The same goes for the three ex-thieves...they all have spirit forms, but only Daniel the Ferret can speak while in his. As for the babies...I'd have to dig for information to find out and I'm too scared to look at the chart again. I think Robin has a better version of the chart that is legible, ha ha ha!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yasss the babies are finally here! And awww Nix already has nicknames for them! Chasiepoo sounds adorable :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

Yasss the babies are finally here! And awww Nix already has nicknames for them! Chasiepoo sounds adorable :)

 

Yes, I'm sure he does have nicknames for all of them. I'll have to get with Robin on that for the sequels. Thanks for reminding me!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..