Jump to content
    Hylas
  • Author
  • 2,787 Words
  • 2,981 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Long List of Nevers - 14. Chapter 14

Carl noticed that Keith had stopped fiddling with the tiara on his hair. He straightened up in puzzlement. Keith was looking off at something.


“What’s up?”


“Don’t turn around but I think we have spies in our midst.” Keith whispered.


Carl’s eyes widened. He started to slowly swivel his head around.


“I said don’t turn around.”


“Well, who is it?”


“The evil Kat and her reluctant minion.”


Carl laughed. “Oh brother. Should’ve known.”


Keith grasped Carl’s hand. “Just act normal. When I say run, run.” He whispered as he slid the tiara into Carl’s jacket.


“But I want to see.”


“In a bit.” They continued strolling through the crowded shops. Further up, on the pretense of trying on some sunglasses, Carl had his promised glimpse of the duo trailing them.


Kat was swathed with humongous green scarves and a toxic yellow sun hat that made her look like she was auditioning for the role of a giant sunflower in a play. Miri on the other hand looked like some sort of ninja in a high-necked skivvy pulled right up to her nose and a camo patterned giggle hat.


Carl looked away immediately to hide his laughter. “Miri looks unhappy.”


“They’re probably sweating buckets under those clothes. Miri’s always the unwilling sidekick of Kat’s escapades.” Keith whispered, chuckling. “Ready for the getaway?”


“Ready when you are, mate.”


“Okay, we’re going to turn a corner somewhere further up. As soon as we’re out of sight, run and follow me.”


“Gotcha.”


Keith knew the place inside out, the problem was… so did Kat and Miri. Losing them would be a bit tricky. Keith nudged Carl as they approached a corner. Beyond that was a maze of more shops. Casually, they turned left. As soon as they were a couple of feet from the edge of the stall, they broke into a run. The sand here was hard-packed from years of hundreds of feet tamping it down. They zigzagged through the shops, swerving past browsers.


Keith looked back and was dismayed to see Miri giving a chase. Kat was trailing behind them, having trouble running in her shoes.


Rounding another corner, Keith pulled Carl with him within the shadows of an empty stall.


He shushed him as the pursuing footsteps got nearer.


“Where’d they go?” It was Kat.


Keith and Carl peered through the latticework. Kat was panting heavily, her blond hair now in disarray under that sun hat. Miri in her more sensible runners looked none the worse for wear. She had taken off her giggle hat, her long blue-black hair shimmering under the lights of the shops. With her all-black trackie dacks and skivvy, she looked like a kunoichi – a female ninja.


Keith stifled his giggles as he burrowed closer against Carl.


“I could’ve sworn…”


“Let’s just go home, Kat. This is insane.”


“Are you kidding? Keith hasn’t had a date… ever! I’m not going to miss this for anything.”


“Even if we lose them you’re going to do the laundry for a month right?”


“We’re not gonna lose them.”


“Just answer me. If we do, you’ll still do it right? Otherwise, I’m going home right now.”


“I reckon.” Kat agreed grudgingly. “Now go look that way.”


To their horror, Miri followed the direction Kat was pointing at and looked directly at them. Though they were sure she couldn’t possibly see through the latticework into the darkness of the empty stall. While Kat was visibly eeny-miny-moe-ing the possible directions they could have fled to, Miri started to approach the stall.


Carl’s breath hitched as they stifled more giggles and hugged each other harder.


Miri slowly leaned her head into the stall. Wide-eyed, Keith and Carl stared back at her. They frantically shook their heads in wordless pleading for Miri not to give them away.


Miri’s eyes wrinkled into a smile, she quickly raised a finger to her lips in a signal for silence.


“Anything there, Miri?” Kat called out impatiently.


“Nope. Nothing.” Keith and Carl breathed a sigh of relief.


Miri winked at them before walking back to Kat.


“Aww hell. Let’s go that way!” Kat dragged Miri deeper into the maze of shops.


“If we can’t find them in five more minutes we’re going home. I wanted to watch that movie on the telly tonight.”


“Fifteen. My feet hurt anyway.”


“Ten.”


Their voices trailed off as the couple’s argument was drowned in the noise of the crowd.


Keith and Carl burst out laughing.


“That was something else.”


“Can’t blame her.” Keith smirked. “She’s been hounding me to do something like this forever.”


Their arms were still around each other, but both made no move to let go.


“You smell so good.” Keith buried his nose into Carl’s chest. The exertions from their mad flight had covered both of them in a slight sheen of sweat.


“So do you.” Carl rested his cheek against Keith’s hair.


Keith broke away finally when he could feel both of their dicks stirring. He wasn’t quite ready for that yet. He cleared his throat uncomfortably, afraid to acknowledge his arousal. Carl just caressed his cheeks lightly in amusement, but didn’t say anything.


“Where do you want to go?” Keith asked.


“Dunno. Some place where Kat isn’t likely to find us again probably.” Carl shrugged.


“There’s a bar on Ear Island down south.”


“Dunno, mate. I’ve had my fill of grog tonight. I’m still driving you back.”


“Nah, no drinking. But they serve a mean calamari there. Come on.”


Wary for Kat and Miri, they retraced their steps to the southern end of the beach. An outcropping of rock there curved around a portion of the beach enclosing a section of deep water. It created a sort of tombolo and had the general shape of an ear hence the name.


The sandbar connecting it to the beach had long been reinforced with concrete and rocks, permanently raising it above the tide line. A wooden causeway was built on top of it, periodically broken by wharves jutting out into the moderately deep water. Small watercraft bobbed gently in the waves. On the tied island itself, was the open-air gazebo of the bar.


They walked through the causeway, getting offers of night-time boat rides by the owners of the ships there. They both declined, though Carl looked like he wanted to try it. They climbed up the concrete steps to the gazebo. The place was filled with people, most of them tourists.


Keith ordered calamari and mango juice to go. Instead of taking a seat on the tables, Keith led them behind the building.


There, a path led higher up to the relatively flat top of the rocky island. The path and the top were paved. Benches lined the sides, separated from the sheer cliffs by guardrails. The place had no lights, but the moonlight and the backwash of illumination from the bar were enough for them to find their way around. Keith led them to a bench affording a stunning view of the entire beach.


Carl whistled as he set down the glasses on the ground. The lights of the establishments along the beach were reflected in wavering elongated lines on the sea.


“I still can’t get over how beautiful this place is.”


Keith placed the plate of calamari on the bench and stood beside Carl, admiring the view. The benches around them were deserted and the sounds coming from the bar all but muted with the brisk wind. He smiled as Carl automatically reached an arm around his shoulders, drawing him nearer to his warmth.


“You’ll probably change that opinion when you experience your first hurricane here.”


“Why are you always ruining it?” Carl laughed.


“Just discarded my rose-colored glasses a long time ago is all.” Keith shrugged.


“Well… we’ll have none of that tonight.” Carl sat down on the bench and pulled Keith on his lap.


With Carl’s size, Keith fitted perfectly within the big man’s arms. Keith sighed in contentment as he curled up to the hollow beneath Carl’s neck. Snug and warm… and safe.


“Tonight, I’ll paint the world pink.” Carl grunted as he picked up the plate of calamari and placed it on Keith’s lap.


Keith laughed, nearly upsetting the plateful of calamari. “That’s so fucking corny. Where’d you get that line?”


Carl grabbed at the plate quickly before it could spill and glared in mock anger at Keith. “Yeah? Well, I’m a romantic bloke.”


“Pig’s arse. Handcuffing me was your idea of romantic seduction then, eh?”


“Well… it got you here, dinnit?” Carl’s chest rumbled as he chuckled. He plopped a calamari into his mouth and dropped a quick kiss on Keith’s hair.


“That night was a disaster.” Keith smiled, warmed by the show of affection.


“It was romantic.”


“It was horrible.”


Carl grinned. “So what changed? Just two weeks ago, you were calling me everything from dipstick to big baby.”


“Nothing. You’re still a big baby.” Keith laughed.


Carl couldn’t resist that. He pressed his lips against Keith’s cheek in a noisy kiss. “You’re beautiful when you laugh.”


Keith stopped laughing and turned his head to look at him. He met Carl’s blue-gold eyes with his own bewildered brown ones. “Do you really find me beautiful?” He asked softly.


The corners of Carl’s eyes lifted as he smiled tenderly. “Yes.”


“Why?”


“Because you are.”


“But I’m not…”


“Yes, I know, mate.” Carl interrupted. “You think I’m not aware of the norms of beauty too? You may not be a muscle-bound underwear ad model but you are beautiful, mate.”


Keith scoffed. “Do you even know you’re…”


Carl covered Keith’s lips with a fingertip. “Yes. That’s why I got mad back at the forest. I know I’m considered a prime catch in some circles, mate. I’m not denying that or anything. But neither am I conceited. I really like you. And as far as my looks go… what bloody good has that done me?” He laughed self-deprecatingly. “It only attracts the worst kinds of people to me. And worst of all, it drives away the one person I actually want – You.” His voice had dropped to a whisper with the last word.


“Well you have to admit, your types generally don’t…” Keith argued halfheartedly.


“I’m not a type.” Carl interrupted softly. “I’m Carl.”


He moved his head closer until all Keith could see were those otherworldly eyes.


“And you’re Keith.” He was so close now that Keith could almost taste those words leaving Carl’s mouth.


Slowly those beautiful eyes of his closed as his mouth touched Keith’s. Keith opened his own mouth in anticipation. He was ready this time, and this time… he wanted it too.


Carl’s stubble scratched his chin, but it only heightened the tenderness of his tongue and lips as they explored Keith’s mouth. Keith explored back, sucking on the soft fullness of Carl’s lower lip before reaching deeper into the moist warmth. His tongue danced around Carl’s, delving in and out, mimicking the most intimate of human interactions.


Carl groaned. He broke the kiss momentarily as he put the plate of calamari away on the bench and turned Keith around. He nestled him between his legs. Face to face, they resumed kissing.


Keith broke away from Carl’s mouth and started to lick his jaw. His tongue rasped erotically on Carl’s stubble before moving lower to the salty warmth of his neck.


They were both rock hard with arousal. Hips strained against each other in an effort to breach the barriers of cloth between them.


Keith could feel Carl’s pulse beating erratically through the soft skin of his neck, mirroring the tempo of his own heart. He inhaled Carl’s musky sweat as he sucked softly on the tender area below Carl’s ear. Carl groaned louder. His hands clenched softly on Keith’s hair, pulling him closer. They were both breathing in short ragged gasps.


“Keith…” He whispered urgently. He inserted a big hand between their bodies and started to undo Keith’s belt.


“Wait.” Keith yelped and jumped back abruptly.


Carl’s eyes blinked open in surprise. He met Keith’s gaze, puzzled at his sudden withdrawal. Keith stared back, panting heavily. With the way his pants tented, his arousal was unmistakable as well. But beneath the lust clouding Keith’s eyes were the unmistakable glint of fear.


“What’s wrong?” Carl asked, getting up as well.


“Nothing… I…” Keith stammered. “This is moving too fast. I’ve never done this before. You know that.”


“But…“ Carl started to protest. He was throbbing with need, it was almost painful. There was a long pause before he finally sighed. He realized that Keith was right. “I’m sorry.”


“It’s not that I don’t want this. I do. I just… I’m not ready for this yet.”


“I know. I understand.” Carl forced his own raging emotions to calm down. He beckoned Keith closer. “Come here.”


Keith hesitated for a moment before he stepped into Carl’s embrace. “I’m sorry. I want you but can we please wait a bit more?”


“It’s alright.” Carl whispered soothingly as he stroked Keith’s back. “Not denying it will be difficult as hell, mate, but I’ll try. I want you but I want your first time to be special too.”


“Thanks.” Keith murmured softly, his face buried in Carl’s chest. “I’m looking like a shameless cock-teasing idiot right now, I know. And goddamn if this doesn’t make me feel like a stupid blushing virgin even more. But I can’t right now. I…”


Carl shushed him softly. “It’s alright. It really is. I understand perfectly, mate. Remind me to tell you about my first time someday.” Carl laughed at the memory.


Keith could still feel Carl’s arousal between them and his own, but he forced himself to ignore it. He really wasn’t ready for this yet, no matter how much his body protested.


He started chuckling.


“What now?” Carl looked down.


“I don’t know.” Keith raised his head to meet Carl’s eyes. “What the fuck just happened?”


“I don’t know.” Carl repeated, still struggling to control his awakened lust. He released Keith regretfully.


“You’re still hard.”


“Fuck.” Carl laughed. “You had to point that out?”


“I am too.” Keith ran his fingers through his hair, still laughing.


“Stop!” Carl ordered. “I can’t take any more of this. I probably should take you home before I lose control. It’s hard, I mean, difficult enough as it is.” Carl laughed.


“You probably should.” Keith agreed. He didn’t trust himself all that well either.


They gathered the barely eaten plate of calamari. Carl picked up his glass of mango juice and drained it in one gulp. Keith did the same, doubtlessly for the same reason – to find some way, any way, to quell their runaway hormones.


The walk back to the car was silent. They pointedly avoided touching each other in an unspoken mutual understanding. They knew that they’d probably fuck each other’s brains out right on the beach if their hands even touched.


They both let out a loud sigh as they jumped into the ute. Their eyes met on the rearview mirror and they burst out laughing.


“You sure?” Carl asked again. “Because I’m dying right now.”


“Yeah… I’m sure.”


“You were walking kinda funny there.”


Keith snorted. “So were you.”


“Promise, you won’t make me wait that long?”


“Promise.”


“Good enough.” Carl smiled. He started the ute’s engines up.


They pulled out of the car park and drove on home. Keith realized the true meaning of ‘pregnant silence’. The interior of the ute felt way too small. They didn’t talk, they didn’t have to. Both knew exactly what was going on in each other’s heads.


When they arrived at Keith’s house, Carl walked him right to the doorstep. He still pointedly kept his distance though.


“You know I’m going to have to jerk off the moment I get home, do you?” Carl muttered as they stood beneath the light on the verandah.


Keith giggled. Carl wasn’t lying. Keith could definitely still see the impressive bulge in Carl’s crotch. “So will I.”


“But you don’t give it up on the first date, I know.” Carl inclined his head in mock disappointment.


Keith laughed but his tone was serious when he replied. “Carl, it’s my first everything. This is just a bit too fast for me.”


“I want you, Keith.” Carl’s blue-gold eyes softened.


“I want you too.” Keith replied. “But yeah…” He shrugged helplessly.


“I’ll wait.”


“Thank you.” Keith smiled. “And thank you… for tonight.”


“No.” Carl smiled back. “Thank you, for tonight.”


“Good night, Carl. I’ll see you tomorrow. Drive safe.”


“Good night, Keith.”


They didn’t make a move to kiss each other goodnight as they separated. Both knew they wouldn’t be able to stop at just a kiss.

Copyright © 2011 Hylas; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..