Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Beneath the Mask - 17. Chapter 17

Mr. Henderson canceled the morning meeting he usually has with his guards, because of his interview with the board of prisons. Just like any government office, they are running behind schedule the minute the day starts.

Almost an hour behind schedule, Mr. Henderson got called in. He walked in and took his seat at the conference table. He didn’t say a word sitting there waiting for one of the people on the board to speak up.

“Mr. Henderson, as you know, you are up for consideration for warden. The warden of our death row prison is going to retire. That means we need to have his position filled by the day he retires.

You were on top of the list because of the work you have done in your current position at the juvenile detention facility. More so on what you have accomplished in the last couple of months. Now several things have come to light that are really bothering this panel.

You just had a small up rising in your facility, is that correct Mr. Henderson?”

“Yes sir, but it was dealt with quickly and the facility didn’t stay in lock down more than six hours.”

“The problem we have is simple. You are on the top of the list because of the work you have done with the gangs in your facility. When you took over, that facility wasn’t controlled by the guards and staff. Instead it was being controlled by the inmates. You turned all that around ahead of schedule.

You had an uprising this week, dealing with the gangs. What we are thinking is that you are masking the real problems. Now it is spilling over before you are able to get promoted to another position. I hope we are wrong on our assumptions, but you can agree that what happened last week doesn’t look good.”

“I agree I had a small issue in my facility this week, but not enough to negate all the positive work I have done. I am not hiding anything from you, the board or the state. If there is something going on dealing with the gangs, you would know about it. I or anyone else can’t hide that kind of stuff from anyone.”

“The governor got a call from a person he respects Tuesday evening. He has turned to this person to help him fill positions in his cabinet. One of your residents knows this person’s grandson. The grandson was pretty upset with the way you handled the resident when he needed to be disciplined. Do you know who I am talking about Mr. Henderson?”

“Yes sir I do know who you are talking about. Alejandro Garcia is a resident of mine and became good friends with the individual he tried to harm. In return, through this friendship, Jacob Hernandez wants to protect Alejandro. After sitting down with Jacob, I decided the punishment didn’t fit the infraction.”

“Mr. Henderson you need understand that this appointment needs to be signed off by the Governor. Even if we all agree that you are the right person for this position, the Governor can still reject it. Normally, he rubber-stamps this kind of stuff.

As soon as he got off the phone with a Mr. Serna, he called me up. I don't like getting an earful from my boss. I won’t sit here and tell you to show any kind of favoritism to this resident, but I don't want any of this type of phone call again.

If this resident is helping you get control of the gangs in there, I'm fine with that. Just don't turn around and throw him to the curb because you're about to get promoted. He has friends that know people that can stop this promotion.”

“I have a simple question for you then. Am I out of the running for the warden job? You keep saying I was on the top the list and then follow up with I'm still in the top of the list. I am just wondering if I should not depend on this promotion.”

“You are still our choice for the warden job. No one comes close to your achievements. At the same time, you can’t make any mistakes right now. You need to keep your facility on the right track and maintain what you’ve accomplished. Again if that includes the assistance of this Alejandro, do it.

I called this meeting just to let you know that Alejandro and his friend have the ear of the Governor. Don't make a stupid mistake now that will cause you to lose this promotion. As I said before we all agree you are the right person. If you get on the bad side of this Governor you will be on his bad side until he moves on. By the looks of it, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.”

Mr. Henderson thanked the board and headed back to the juvenile detention facility. As soon as he walked in, Officer Jackson met him at the door. Neither of them said a word until they got to Mr. Henderson's office.

As he walked around his desk to sit down, Officer Jackson just stood there knowing the meeting didn't go well. Mr. Henderson slammed his briefcase on his desk as he took off his coat.

“This meeting was basically for the board to slap me around. I don't know how we missed who Jacob Hernandez is. Besides being a little rich kid, his grandfather can pick up the phone anytime of the day and call the Governor.”

“I don't understand what you're saying Mr. Henderson. What does this Jacob and his grandfather have to do with the board? You basically have the job, and there is nothing anyone can do about that.”

“Boy, are you wrong on that Officer Jackson! Jacob went home after speaking with me and spoke with his grandfather. His grandfather picked up the phone and called the Governor. The Governor then called the board and took a piece of their ass.

Look, I crawled into bed with Alejandro. He hasn't done anything that is making me regret that decision. I turned my back on him thinking I didn't need him anymore. He proved us wrong when he went down and brokered the peace between the gangs.

I'm not saying let's let Alejandro get away with stuff, but we need him. From time to time he will do something that we are going to have to ignore. I really don't think he's going to get his hands dirty anymore, but somebody will. At least when that person does something wrong, I can discipline that person.”

“Okay, I understand where you're going with this and I agree with you. There is no way Alex is going to jeopardize his chances of getting out of here. So he will hand over the dirty work for somebody else.

The only question I have for you is how to handle his love life. We can’t afford to have him caught making love by another resident. At the same time, he won’t trust us enough if we let him have private time in another room that is secured.”

“Teenagers are going to be teenagers and their hormones are going crazy. It's a matter of time before those two are going to have sex. When they do, I suggest we get it on video in order to use it to keep Alex and Jacob in line.”

“That won’t work Mr. Henderson, let me tell you why. First, I found out that Jacob himself is gay. Second, the Governor has a gay son and doesn't like it when others use stuff like this against another person. Finally, if we destroy what little trust that’s left between Alex and us, it is over!

Don't fall into the trap of using things against others. It always comes back to bite you in the ass. You’ve got to take a hold of this situation the right way. Let's not make any mistakes because both of us have a lot at stake on this.”

Mr. Henderson agrees with Officer Jackson. They both know that Alex won’t trust them so all they can do is to try to protect Alex as best as they can. That includes making sure that he doesn't get caught having sex in this facility.

The meantime, Alex and the rest were taken down to the room that Mr. Henderson gave them for the business to clean. Tomorrow the equipment is going to arrive and the room needs to be ready for them to set up the machines.

As Alex and everyone from Building ‘A’ walked into the room, they joined others from Building ‘B’ that were already there waiting on them. The only ones allowed in this area right now are the ones that Alex chose to be part of the printing company.

Without arguments, everyone went to work on cleaning up the place. Alex noticed that Ashton couldn't do much because he has several fingers splintered. It is obvious Alex did successfully breaks several of Ashton's fingers.

One of the other guards that help out Alex's gang walked up to Alex. “Did you hear about one of your gang members in Building ‘B’ having a bad fall? It is so bad that he may not recover from it.”

“No, I am unaware of that. In fact this is the first time I'm hearing about it. Who took the fall and how bad is it?”

“One of your lieutenants by the name of Samuel was in the shower room and slipped on the wet floor. He fell backwards and hit his head on the wall and the faucet handles. By the time we got him out of there and down to Thomson hospital, he lost quite a bit of blood. More than likely, he won’t come out of the coma.”

“I guess he was safer in lock down or he just may have had the worst of luck a person can have. You should go in there and put something on the floor to make sure no one else is hurt like him.”

Alex walked away from the guard and joined Matt and Carlos on the other side of the room. When Matt left Carlos and Alex alone, Alex told Carlos about the accident Samuel had in the shower. Nothing was discussed; there was just nodding of heads.

The entire day was full of cleaning and make sure the room is ready for the equipment to be installed tomorrow. The only times the guys took breaks were to eat lunch and dinner. They finally had the room ready by seven in the evening.

As soon as Alex, Matt and the others got back to their building, they went their separate ways. Alex and Matt went to the room to get their shower stuff. Both of them quickly took showers, not giving the time of day to anyone in the shower room. Both the boys went back to the room dripping wet.

As they dried off and got dressed, they didn't say a word to each other. Alex laid down on his bed and just stared at the ceiling. Matt walked over and knelt down at the side of Alex's bed. He leaned in and started to kiss Alex.

As they kissed, Matt moved his hand down to Alex's crotch. He didn't have to feel around that much for Alex’s dick, because he is wearing warm-ups. The minute Matt found Alex’s dick, it got hard instantly in his hand.

“I want you so bad, I can’t stand it. But I know we can get caught by guards or anyone that walks into this room.”

Alex looked into Matt's eyes as Matt spoke to him. You wrapped his arm around Matt's head and pulled it into him for a kiss. Matt let go of Alex's dick and moved his hand under the waistband of Alex's sweatpants and underwear.

Now he is holding Alex's dick in his hand with nothing between his hand and Alex’s dick. With his thumb, he started to rub then head of Alex's dick which started to drive Alex crazy.

Matt broke the kiss and headed down to Alex's waist. He tugged on the waistbands of his sweatpants and underwear and pulled them down past his balls. Alex’s dick flew out as his sweatpants and underwear were pulled down.

Not giving any warning, Matt wrapped his moist lips around Alex's hard dripping dick. As he started to suck on Alex’s dick, he spread Alex's legs apart in order to get to his butt hole easier.

Matt started with one finger, went to two, and then he inserted his third finger. Alex had to grab his pillow and place it over his face because his moaning is getting louder. He loves it when his boyfriend is sucking on him and finger fucking him at the same time.

As Matt continued to suck on Alex's dick, Alex reached down under Matt’s waistbands in order to grab his dick. Matt had already started dripping so much, his pre-cum soaked through the front of his sweatpants!

Alex reached over with both of his hands and pulled down Matt's sweats and underwear. He started to play with Matt's butt cheeks, but he wanted Matt's dick in his mouth more than anything else.

Matt let Alex's dick slip out of his mouth as he got on the bed. They are now in the sixty nine position and both can suck each other at the same time. They both put each other’s dicks in their mouths and slipped their fingers in each of their asses.

It didn’t take long for either of them to reach climax. They have gotten so used to each other’s movements that they already know when their partner is about to cum without warning by the other they are about to cum.

They started to shoot in each other’s mouths, neither wasting a drop of the other’s cum. They are swallowing the cum as fast as each of them is shooting it into their mouths. Once they drained each other completely, they laid back on the bed. They both have their feet at the others head, their sweatpants and underwear at their ankles, with their white socks still on.

Once they caught their breath, they got up and pulled out the wet towels they used to dry themselves off earlier to clean up. Both of them had to change their underwear and they had to toss their sweatpants in the laundry because they both leaked so much pre-cum, it soaked through their sweatpants.

They decided not to go to the dayroom and spend the rest the evening together. They lay down together on Alex's bed and each time they heard the guards, Matt got up and went to his bed. As soon as the guards did their count, Matt went back to lay with Alex.

They had almost fallen asleep cuddled up with each other. Matt jerked awake and went to his bed right as the guard started down the hallway. As soon as the guard finished counting and turned off the light in the hallway, Matt got back up, but instead of lying down with Alex again he just knelt down at the side of the bed and looked at Alex as he slept.

At first, Matt just looked at his boyfriend as he slept. As he listened to Alex's soft snoring, he watched as Alex’s chest went up and down with every breath. He placed his hands on top of Alex's chest to feel his heartbeat.

With his other free hand, Matt slowly brushed Alex's hair from his forehead. With his index finger, Matt softly caressed Alex’s cheeks. Slowly moved his finger up and down Alex's cheek and then to his eyes and then down his nose to his lips.

As Matt reached Alex's lips, he gently opened them. As he slowly caressed Alex's teeth, Alex’s mouth opened. Matt placed his finger into his mouth and started to feel Alex’s tongue. He pulled out his finger and replaced it with his own tongue.

Alex had worked so hard, he didn't wake up as his boyfriend French kissed him in his sleep. Matt noticed that Alex is getting hard as he kissed him. But out of respect to Alex, he didn't betray the trust he has built with Alex.

He stopped kissing Alex, and started brushing his fingers through Alex’s hair. He leaned down to Alex's ear and started whispering. He knows that Alex is asleep, but he can’t go the bed without telling him that he loves him and that he means everything to him.

Matt got up from the floor and moved back to his bed. He got underneath the covers and just looked over at his boyfriend. He could see Alex's dick fighting to get free. Slowly he drifted off to sleep. The last thing Matt saw before completely falling asleep is Alex's gorgeous body lying there in front of him.

The next morning, both of the boys woke up at the same time. They quickly changed out of their sweats into jeans and a T-shirts before heading out to breakfast. As soon as they finished eating, they headed to Mr. Simons’ class.

“I see you boys are anxious to get the equipment this morning!” Mr. Simon said as he saw Alex, Matt, Carlos and the others walking in.

They all just nodded their heads up and down to answer their teacher. Mr. Simons closed his lesson plans and walked the boys down to the loading dock. They sat there waiting for almost thirty minutes before finally the truck arrived.

Alex hoped that maybe Jacob would come to make sure the equipment arrived, but it was just the delivery people. Before taking the machines into the room, the delivery people needed to see how their setup is going to be.

“I don't understand why you need to know the setup before you to get the machines into the room. Once you get the machines into the room, you can then set them up.” Mr. Simons said with little frustration in his voice.

“We need been know the size of the room and how you plan to set up the machines. If you need our assistance, we have no problem helping you there. Some of these machines are big and once they are set up, you can’t move other machines between the machines that are already set up.

In other words Sir, we need to unload the truck first then decide which machines are going to go in first to fill the room from the back to the front. That way we are not trying to squeeze machines between machines. We can actually damage the machines and they would be worthless to you.”

Mr. Simons understood what they meant finally and took them into the old gym. This room is actually larger than the room that Tech High had the machines in. After discussing the setup with Mr. Simons and Alex, the delivery guys went to work.

It took almost all day to get the machines into the building and set up. By five, all the machines were set up and ready to go. The technician showed up an hour before the machines were ready, but waited until the delivery guys finished.

He took Alex and the others from machine to machine and showed them how they worked. He admitted to Alex that all the information he's giving to him and the others is a lot. So when they are ready to take on their first printing jobs, he will come down and stay with them in case they have any questions or problems.

Just like the day before, Alex and the others didn’t reach their building until after seven in the evening. Alex and Matt repeated their routine from the previous day as far as the shower and dressing, but not having any sex. They just went straight to bed.

Alex and Matt got up earlier than normal. They normally sleep in on Saturday mornings, but for the last couple Saturdays they have been doing their community service. They wanted to make sure when they ate breakfast this time, they didn't need to eat in such of a hurry. They actually want to taste the food as they eat it.

The drive to get down to the nursing home seems to be going faster each time they go. Today is no exception and in fact it seemed like the only drove around the block. As they arrived, the same lady greeted them as they walked in.

She then changed their assignments from the week before since the same kids showed up. Alex and the guys walked down to the Colonel’s room. As they walked in they noticed that the Colonel had laid out the drinks and the snack food already.

“Hey, boys! Come on in and take a seat. We don’t have a lot of time and a lot to do.” The Colonel leaned back on his seat, as the boys walked in and took their same seats.

All of them did the pleasantries as they got comfortable in their seats. Alex grabbed his soda and started drinking before anybody else. As he put the can back down on the table, everyone just looked at him.

“Sorry, ever since we started cleaning the room where we put our print shop, my throat has been dry and it feels like there is dust stuck on my tonsils.” Alex started rubbing the side of his throat as he talked.

“That is not a problem young man! I have plenty of soda for you young kids to drink. It seems that you are off of school, but still have a lot of work going on. I am glad to hear that your print shop is getting off the ground.

I am pretty sure that the machines have changed throughout the years, but I worked at a print shop when I first got stationed back here in the states. Man I can still remember the noise those machines made all day long. I went home with the ugliest headaches imaginable. I don't envy you kids at all on that part of the print shop.”

“We didn't know that you worked at a print shop. If we did, we would have asked you what you thought of the idea of a print shop.”

“To tell you the truth, it was so long ago, I probably wouldn't remember. The military places you where they need you at the time. I held so many different jobs as I grew in rank. Once I finally got promoted to officer, I didn't do a lot of the petty jobs.”

“That’s right; you went in as a private. I thought a private never gets promoted to officer. They can reach high a rank as an NCO, but never reach officer rank.”

“You're almost right on that fact. It is very rare to get an officer promotion on the battlefield, but it is done. I don't know about how hard it is today or easy it is to get promoted to officer rank if you go in as a private.

Funny thing is that soldiers respected the officers that got promoted in the field more than the ones that came out of a military academy such as West Point. They knew we saw battle and we earned the rank that is on our shoulders.

Don't get me wrong here; the officers that come out of these military schools do deserve their rank. Still, they come out of the military academies wanting to prove something and end up getting killed before they even get to know all their soldiers’ names. At least that’s what happened during my time in the military.”

“Wow, I never knew that. I always thought that once you enter in as a private, you would never get promoted to officer. I couldn't wait to get back here because where you left off last weekend. I couldn't believe when you told us that you signed up for something and had no idea what you signed up for.”

“Well Alex, when you're young, you do stupid things. Me, I signed up in the military for a program that barely had gotten approval. You kids made a small mistake and it is costing you a heavy piece of your youth.

Those weeks were the hardest training I had ever had. They ran us day and night. If there was more time in the day, they would've run us even more. Between our physical training we had to go to classes. Now remember when I told you that I dropped out before even getting to high school so I really had a lot of catching-up to do.

Somehow though, I got through it all. With the help of my friends I met over there, I actually left boot camp as a sergeant first class. I was in charge of a platoon of men in my company when we reached England.

After passing boot camp, we headed straight to England. I can remember that they packed us into those ships like sardines. When we went down to the sleeping quarters, there were no beds, but those things that you hang in your backyard between trees. There were four to five of them up the wall of the ship on each side of the room. I never counted, but there had to be at least a hundred of them if not more where I was at.

I felt like I was suffocating as I slept during the night. I tried to spend as much time as possible on the deck of the ship. When we pulled into dock, I was never as happy to see land as I was that day.

We continued training while we were stationed in England. It started to get so boring; several soldiers started doing stupid things and caused them to lose their life. From getting drunk and getting into car crashes to just simply trying to run away, we started losing soldiers before we even went into battle.

Then the word came down that the main battles had already started, the ground assault went forward when they stormed the beaches of Normandy. We lost thousands of men trying to take that beach. Then we were called up to do our job and help out those that were stuck on the beach.

I remember getting on this plane with several men from my platoon. There was only a bench on each side of the wall of the plane. We sat there just looking at one another as we headed into the storm of gunfire.

They were firing at us from the ground trying to shoot down as many planes as possible. I sat there watching planes dropping out of the sky through the door of our plane. As the planes were on fire, the soldiers in them tried to jump out. I don't know how many survived, if any. I can tell you I saw several of the soldiers on fire as they leapt to their deaths that day.

Our plane was hit just as the green light went on. We started to jump out as the plane went into a nose dive. As I hit the ground, I lost my pack that I had everything in. The only things I had left were my rifle, pistol and my map and compass.

I started to run towards the tree line, running into soldiers from other platoons and companies. Finally as I reached the tree line, I actually met up with several soldiers from my platoon and company.

Just in case we got separated, we all were told where the meeting place is. After figuring out where we actually were at, we realized, we were way off of our actual landing spot. I later found out that a lot of us didn't land up where we're supposed to.

After hiking it several miles, running into several squads of the enemy, we made it to where we all were supposed to meet up. Along the way, we also picked up several more of our company soldiers and some other soldiers from other companies.

We walked into the base camp with companies scattered everywhere. Even several of the company commanders haven't made it in yet. So the highest ranking officer took command of the company until the next higher commanding officer arrived. Let me tell you this, it was a mess at first.

One of the companies went out on their first mission to take out several guns. It wasn't my company or my platoon, so we stayed back waiting for orders. The orders were not given until they gave up on any more soldiers arriving.

That day, only a third of my platoon made it in. We lost our executive officer and several of our higher ranking NCOs. As we headed out on our mission, the company commander was trying to put his company together again.”

Just then the Colonel looked towards the door and stop talking. Alex and the others turned around to see the guards standing there waving them over. They looked up at the clock on the wall and saw that their time with the Colonel is over. They all got up to the seats and said goodbye. None of them wanted to leave the Colonel.

As soon as they arrived back to the facility, they headed to the cafeteria to eat lunch. The rest of the building already had eaten before they had arrived so they had been left brown bag lunches.

After lunch, they started to head back to their rooms when they announcement of visitors went over the PA. Alex ignored the announcement because he normally doesn't get any visitors, but today changed all that.

Matt had to call out to Alex to let him know that he has a visitor. He quickly ran into the restroom and made sure the he is presentable to his visitors. He reached the door just as the guard was shutting it. The guard reopened the door and let Alex in with a warning not to be late the next time.

He looked around the visitation room in hopes of seeing his mother and little brothers, but instead he spotted Jacob sitting at a table looking around. Alex walked up and shook Jacob's hand as he sat down.

“You are looking good since I saw you earlier this week. Your mother and brothers are outside and will come in soon. Something about your brothers held them up, so your mother asked me to come in to keep you company until they arrive.”

“Um, you brought them down to visit me Jacob?” Jacob nodded his head up and down. “Thank you, I know it has to be hard to try to get the bus to come all the way over here and visit me. Again thank you for what you did for me earlier this week.”

“There is no need for you to thank me for that. The director and his officers were in the wrong and they realized it. I figure to take this opportunity to tell you that I spoke with the District Attorney. He directed me to the office of probation and parole.

I was able to talk them into listing your print shop as one of the main places for them to send those needing to do their community service hours. So you will have plenty of people to work in your print shop and not worry about the overhead of paying them.”

“Man, to tell you the truth Jacob, I didn't think you were going to actually get this part of it done. You have already done so much for this project, and now you have delivered a permanent solution to our work staff.”

Alex reached over and grabbed Jacob's hand to shake it. Jacob smiled back and shook Alex’s hand. They sat there for a minute or two and didn't say a word to each other. Basically everything they have to talk about is done. Still, Jacob is the one that broke the silence between the two.

“Just make sure you give them the correct community service hours. I'm pretty sure you're not the one that will be in charge of that part. A guard or a staff member here will be in charge of keeping track of who's coming in and what they work.

Also by you getting your employee staff pretty much free, you can keep your prices down and keep all the business that Tech High had and get a lot more. You picked a very sound business to go into.”

Alex just nodded his head up and down agreeing with Jacob. He knows now that he can trust Jacob with anything. Besides Matt, Carlos, Mr. Henderson and Officer Jackson, no one else knows that he is gay. He needs to be able to tell somebody that he trusts so he can talk to that person when he needs to about this part of his life.

“Jacob, I want to tell you something, but you have to promise what I tell you here today you won’t repeat to anyone and that includes my mother and family. Don't worry it isn't anything bad, at least I am hoping you see it that way too.”

“Look Alex, our friendship started very weirdly. Over the last couple months, we have started to build trust with each other. I don't want you to ever feel that I will go running to your mother about anything you tell me, because I won't. She works for me, but you are my friend and I don't tell on friends.”

Alex swallowed the lump in his throat as he rubbed his hands together. “Jacob, I think one of the reasons I wanted to hurt you is because you remind me of a part of me that I want to keep hidden deep down inside me.

Over the years, growing up in the life I had, we were taught a certain ways that things are. There is no in-between on the teachings and values our father set. So I started to hate myself so much and anybody else like me.

You get to live the life that you want to live. Yes, more than likely it took you a while to finally get where you are today, but you got there. And as I saw you getting there, I hated that so much. You get to live a life of freedom that I wanted to. Please Jacob, don't get me wrong. I am not blaming you for anything. I am the one that was in the wrong completely from start to end.

I guess I better stop beating around the bush and just come out and tell you. Jacob, you are the only one I'm telling this to. I have known for many years that I am gay. I don't know when you realized that you are gay, but for me it has been many years since I've known that about myself.”

Alex stopped talking and looked down at the table. Jacob looked straight at him as he grabbed his hand to get his attention. Alex looked up at Jacob and knew right there and then that he had made the right choice telling Jacob by the look in his eyes.

“We all have come to terms with being gay in different ways. Some just flatly go out screaming that they are, others commit suicide, and like you and me we wrestle with it. I know how scared you are about this and more so being in here.

You don't need to beat yourself up over it. You just have to get comfortable in your own skin and adjust to your true reality. It won’t happen overnight that’s for sure. But, you are fighting these demons and that you are winning. There is nothing wrong with you and there is nothing wrong being what we are.

I know that your mother will understand when ever you are ready to tell her. Do it on your own timetable. Don't allow anyone rush you or push you in one direction or another. You are the only one that knows when you are ready to start telling your loved ones.”

“Thank you Jacob, I am hoping that I can depend on you whenever I need to talk with somebody. You don't know how much it means to me to have someone to talk to about this. I am bouncing off the walls right now and I need some guidance.”

Jacob nodded his head up and down as Franseca and Alex’s brothers walked up to the table. Both Jacob and Alex got up, and Alex hugged his mother and brothers before they sat down. Jacob shook Alex's hand and said goodbye as he walked out. As he reached the door, he turned around to see Alex looking. Jacob raised his hand to his face making a phone out of it. He mouthed to Alex to call him.

Alex turned around and started talking to his mother and brothers. They seem to be in good spirits as they talked. His brothers seem to love living at the new house and able to go to Jacob's house to play in the game room.

“Alex, things are getting a lot better since your father passed away. Please forgive me Lord, but your father's death is a blessing to me. Now I don't have to worry about him and spend time with your brothers and you.”

“There is no need to explain anything to me mom. I agree with you on the loss of my father. It was a blessing and I'm glad that you don’t have those worries anymore. Plus you get to live on the good side of town.

That means my brothers won’t follow in my footsteps or our father's footsteps. You took them out of the neighborhood that would more than likely taken over their lives. So again mom, there is no need for any explanation about what you're doing.”

“I put some money in your account. I hope I keep putting enough to last you. Please let me know if you need more to survive in here. I don't want you going without because of being in this place.”

“Mom, I keep telling you there is no need to take away from the house, you and my brothers to give it to me. Keep the money and buy stuff that is needed in the house.”

“Alex, I won’t take away from the house or your brothers, but you are my son too. No matter if you're in this place or at home with us, I am responsible for you and your well-being. So stop telling me not to put money in your account. I love you, and I want you to come home as quickly as possible.”

Alex's mom pulled a tissue from her purse in order to wipe her eyes and blow her nose. Alex reached over and grabbed her hands. His brother started talking about the Christmas tree and the gifts that are underneath it.

The guard got up and started to warn everybody that visitation is about to be over. So Alex, his mother and brothers started to say goodbye to each other. Alex's mom promised to visit him on Christmas Day as they walked out.

By the time Alex reached his room, all he wanted to do is lay down. Between the last two days of heavy work and going to the retirement home this morning, he is dead on his feet. He lay down on his bed and the minute he shut his eyes, he was out.

He got woken up by Matt whispering into his ears that it is dinner time. Alex opened his eyes to see Matt looking down at him. He glanced over to the door to make sure it is shut, before he pulled Matt’s face down to his to kiss him.

Alex quickly put on his tennis shoes and walked out of the room with Matt to the cafeteria. As they got their food, they headed to their table to eat. Along the way he passed the three new residents. That is when he remembered that he hasn't asked Carlos if he had sat down with them yet.

After dinner, we headed outside to get fresh air. That is when Alex decided to talk with Carlos. He grabbed Carlos and they started to walk away from the group alongside the fence that separated the courtyards.

“I have been meaning to ask you if you had already had a sit-down to the new guys. If so, did you explain to them how things have changed and how we are running things now?”

“At first they were hesitant, to put it mildly, to talk with me. But after a while, they realized I was speaking on your behalf. They understand the way things are being run in here and what they can and can’t do.”

“How badly did you have to hurt them in order for them to open their eyes?”

“Let me just say this, the bruises can’t be seen by the guards. Nothing was broken and they didn't have to go to the infirmary. They also know that they can’t go running to the guards about our little talk.”

“That is all I really need to hear. I want things to settle down. At the same time, I don't want anyone to think we are weak. If anyone steps out of line, you give the order to put them back in line. Keep your hands clean; let others do the dirty work.”

“I have no problem with that at all. Just like you, I want to get the hell out of here. Just like the Colonel said earlier today, we are paying with our youth for what we have done. I don't want to pay my adult years for that mistake too.”

“Good. Just let others do the dirty work and we’ll be fine. By the way, a guard approached me yesterday about Samuel. Have you gotten a kite from our pals in Building ‘B’? I need to get information from our own guys and not the guards.”

“I didn't get a kite, but Ashton pulled me to the side and gave me the heads up. We have been so busy the last couple days; I've not gotten a chance to let you know about what Ashton told me.

A couple others lieutenants walked into the shower room that Samuel trusted so he didn't question or walk out of the shower room when they walked in. They started chatting with him and then made it look like a fall. There were no witnesses to what they did to Samuel and it looks like the guards are buying the story.”

“I'm fine with that. I am glad that Ashton reported back to you at least. I don't like doing things like that, but I was left with no other choice. Samuel has been a thorn in my side since I got here. I can’t have a Lieutenant questioning my leadership.”

Alex and Carlos finished talking and headed back to the group. Steve, Matt and several others are talking about the passes they earned to go home during Christmas week. The others either got in trouble or haven't been in the facility long enough to get the week pass to go home for the holidays.

As it got dark, the boys headed in. Alex and Matt decided to call it a night around ten, because they have been up since five in the morning. They are both tired, and just wanted to get some sleep.

Just like any other Sunday, everyone hung around the dayroom. Since the Cowboys are playing the early game, they really didn't care about the other games. Right at the end of the Cowboys game, Alex got summoned to Mr. Henderson's office.

Alex got up and looked at Matt and Carlos trying to figure it they might know why he's been summoned. They started to shake their heads when the PA went on and Carlos and Robert got summoned too.

Carlos joined Alex as he walked out of the dayroom. They are both surprised that Mr. Henderson is at work on a Sunday. Normally directors and his high command are off on the weekends. That means whatever they are being summoned for must be very important. Alex just hopes that he isn't going to spend Christmas in solitary.

The three of them reached Mr. Henderson's office and sat down as directed by his secretary in the outer office. They just looked straight ahead, not saying a word to each other. The phone rang on the secretary's desk, not even a minute later; she told Alex that Mr. Henderson would like to speak with him first.

Alex walked in and waited for Mr. Henderson to give him permission to sit down. Alex sat down, but nothing was said for a few minutes. Mr. Henderson got up from his desk and walked around to sit in the chair next to Alex.

“I have been up for several nights debating with myself on what I'm about to do. You have only been here for a few months, but you have done a lot in a short time. Aside from the help you have given me with the gangs, you have done quite a bit to prove yourself in these last couple months.

Mr. Simons continues to speak highly of you every time he gets a chance. He has told me that you have gotten nothing but straight A's in his class. Plus because of you, we got the equipment for the print shop donated to us. You have successfully gotten the Governor's baby up and running in this facility.

What I'm about to do is not to make up for what I did wrong to you earlier this week. I am doing it because of your hard work in class and the hard work you have been doing these last couple days dealing with the print shop.

I am going to override the rule that a resident has to be here for a year before he gets any furloughs to go home. I am going to award you and the other two in the hallway with a week furlough. You guys can go home for the holidays this week.”

Alex didn't know what to say, he is actually lost for words. He thought that he has lost Mr. Henderson as an ally, but now he knows that he might be wrong. Alex finally got the use of his tongue and started to speak.

“Mr. Henderson, I really don't know what to say but thank you. You don't know how much this means to me to be able to go home and spend the Christmas holidays with my family. I promise I won’t get into any trouble and come back.”

“I know you won’t get into any trouble and that you will come back. If I thought otherwise, I would not award you with this furlough. Now I'm going to bring in the other two and let them know with you in the room about the furloughs.”

Mr. Henderson got up and went back behind his desk. He picked up the phone and asked his secretary to send the others in. A few seconds later, the office door opened and Carlos and Robert walked in. After taking a seat beside Alex, Mr. Henderson started to speak.

“The reason I called you guys down here today is to let you know I am going to override the rule about furloughs. I spoke with Alex separately because I wanted to thank him for his hard work with the print shop privately.

Because you guys have been just as involved with the print shop, I want to thank you for the hard work. Plus I would like to give you guys a week away from this place in order for you to come back refreshed and ready to kick off our new company. With that said, I am going to give you a week furlough to spend the holidays with your families.

I know you guys are not going to let me down. You will come back when you're supposed to and not get into any trouble while you are out there. I don't need to tell you if you do get into trouble, when you return, you won’t be going back to your rooms. I think you guys understand what I mean by that.

That is all I am going to say about that subject. I trust you guys and I know I will see you in a week rested and ready to go. We have already several orders to start our print shop with and I understand there are several more are coming the following week.”

The boys got up and thanked Mr. Henderson for the furloughs. At the same time they reconfirmed to Mr. Henderson that they won’t let him down. As they started to walk out of the room, Mr. Henderson called out to Alex. Alex turned around and the others walked out of the office.

“Alex, I know why Matt doesn't use his furloughs. His family won’t come down here and sign him out. If the person that comes down to sign you out is willing to take the responsibility of Matt, I am willing to allow it.

This is my way of saying that I am sorry for my mistake earlier this week. I know you two are falling deeply in love with each other. So I'm willing to bend that rule and let a non-family member sign out a resident for his furlough. I won’t abandon you or stick a knife in your back again.

Just do me a favor, don’t let any other residents know that I am allowing Matt to be signed out by your guardian.”

“Thank you again for doing this for me, Mr. Henderson. I won’t breathe a word of what you are doing for me and Matt. I know all that Matt won’t breathe a word either. Again, thank you so much let me spend the holidays with my family and Matt.”

Mr. Henderson smiled and wished Alex a Merry Christmas. As Alex walked down the hallway, he wished Mr. Henderson a Merry Christmas as well. The three boys couldn't stop talking about their furloughs as they walked back to the dayroom with a noticeable bounce in their gait.

Alex couldn't wait to pull Matt aside and let him know the good news. If Matt couldn't get out of the Christmas holidays, Alex was not about to leave him all alone. He was willing to give up his furlough to keep Matt from being alone for the holidays.

They walked in, and their group that they hang around with immediately wanted to know what Mr. Henderson wanted with them. None of them could believe what Alex and the others were saying. It took a while for it to sink in with the others.

After talking for an hour or so, Alex pulled Matt to their room. Alex closed the door and walked up to Matt. They both sat on their separate beds and just looked at each other for a few minutes. Alex gathered his thoughts before he started speaking.

“Matt, what I'm about to tell you, must absolutely stay in here, between us.” Matt agreed by nodding his head up and down. “I won’t take my furlough unless you go with me. Mr. Henderson is going to bend his own rule and allow my mother to sign you out for your furlough. I know without a doubt, my mom is more than willing to do so.”

Matt didn't know what to say, he just sat there staring at Alex. Finally his words left his brain and reached his tongue. “I really don't know what to say about this, except I want to spend Christmas with you and I want to spend Christmas out of this place. So if your mother is willing to sign me out and put me up for the week, count me in!”

Alex got up from his bed and walked over to Matt's bed. He knelt down between Matt's legs, wrapped his hands around Matt's head, and pulled it close to his. He started to whisper into Matt's ears.

“You do know I would never have left you in here alone. Had he said no, I would have stayed here with you. I love you, and for the first time I am going to be able to enjoy my Christmas with my family and my partner that I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love you Matt and nothing will ever change that!”

Alex leaned in and started to kiss Matt on the lips. They kissed for a few minutes before Alex broke the kiss in order to make his phone call to his mother. He went down the hall to the phones and dialed his home number.

A couple rings later, his mother answered the phone. Alex immediately told her about his furlough and she started to cry in joy that her son will be home for Christmas. He also asked her and she agreed to signing Matt out as well.

After hanging up was his mother, he went back to his room to pack for the week. He found Matt excited and packing already when he walked into the room. They both started to hum the same tune as they packed.

The next morning, everyone was too excited to enjoy eating breakfast. All of them are going to be able to go home for the Christmas holiday. As soon as they finished breakfast, they only have to wait another hour to be picked up.

The boys ate what they could put down their stomachs and spent the rest of time talking to each other about what they have planned to do. Pretty much they all are going to do the same thing and that is spend the time with their families. They never realized how much they missed their families, until they were locked up.

One by one, the boys were called to the front as their parents arrived to pick them up. Alex and Matt were almost the last ones to be called to the front. Alex started to think that maybe Mr. Henderson thought twice about giving him the furlough. But when his and Matt’s names were called, his nerves settled down.

They walked out holding one suitcase each. As soon as the guards checked the suitcases, they were allowed to exit into the lobby. That is where Alex's mom stood waiting for her son. As soon as Alex and his mom saw each other, they hugged and kissed each other on the cheeks hello. Alex broke the hug in order to introduce Matt to his mother.

“Mom, I would like you to meet my roommate and friend Matt; Matt this is my mom Franseca.” They both shook hands as Alex introduced them.

This is the first time Alex has been out of lock up for a while. From his date of arrest, to his plea bargain, re-fixing the plea bargain, and being brought to the juvenile detention center, Alex hasn't been free for a while.

He followed his mother to Jacob's car. At first he thought that his mother borrowed the car, but as he walked up to the car, the driver side door opened and Jacob got out. Alex walked up to Jacob to shake his hand. Jacob slapped Alex's hand out of the way, and pulled him into a hug.

“It is great to see you as a friend for the first time in the free.” Jacob whispered into Alex's ear as they hugged.

They let go of each other, and Alex introduced Matt to Jacob as they walked around to put their suitcases in the trunk of a car. They jumped in, and talked the entire way to the house. Several times, Alex's mom asked Alex and Matt if they wanted stop and eat something, but they said ‘no’.

Instead of driving up into his driveway, Jacob drove into Franseca’s driveway. They all got out of the car, unloaded the trunk of to suitcases. Before Jacob got back into his car, he pulled Alex to the side.

“I want you to remember this one thing Alex. You and your family all part of my family! Don’t hesitate or be afraid to walk into my house at anytime. All you have to do is exit your back door and walked on over to my house. You are my friend, and you are welcome at anytime in my house.”

Alex couldn't believe how Jacob is welcoming him. He has never met a person like Jacob that can forgive and let the past stay in the past. If the shoe was on the other foot, he doesn't know if he could be as kind and forgiving a person like Jacob.

“Thank you Jacob, I would like to speak with you more this coming week. I'm going to need your guidance about what I told you. You met Matt, and he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

“You have good taste and you are more than welcome to pull me to the side in to talk about anything. I would like you to also meet Dewayne and tell me what you think. I'm kind of afraid to move forward with him after what happened with me and Joey.”

Both the boys agreed to double date before they said goodbye. Jacob pulled out of the driveway and waved at Alex as he walked into the house. As he walked in, he couldn't believe on how nice the house is. He thought that Jacob gave his mother a run down, fixer-upper house. He wouldn't have minded if that was true, because they are getting to live in the house for free.

He found Matt sitting on the couch waiting for him. Alex looked around, but didn't see his mother or brothers anywhere. He looked over to Matt in hopes that he knows where his mother went.

“I think your mom went into the kitchen, but I am not for sure.” Matt got up and walked over to Alex.

He knew not to show any affection towards Alex because he isn't out yet. Alex turned and walked towards where he thinks the kitchen is. Just as he stepped into the hallway, his mother called out for him.

He followed the sound of her voice down the hallway to a room. He walked in to find all of his stuff that was in his room in the other house. He knew that his mom have set up this room for him.

“I believe this room is bigger than the room you had at the other house. In fact, you and your brothers had to share a room. This house is just perfect for my family. If it is okay with you, Matt can bunk with you in here since you guys are roommates over there at the facility.”

“I have no problem with that mom. I don't want to put anyone out by me having my own room and having my brothers share a room. Please give this room to one of them. It's going to be years before get back here.”

“Nonsense, your brothers each have their own rooms and this is yours. I want you to come in and unpack your stuff in this room. Make it your own room because that's what it is; your own room.”

As Alex's mother walked out of the room, she turned back to her son. “It is great to have you home even if it is only for week. You look really good and happy right now. I haven't seen you this happy in a very long time. Whatever is going on that is making you this happy, I hope it continues. I love your hair by the way. Don't shave it off anymore!”

Alex turned all shades of red as his mother complimented him on his hair. He started to brush his hand through his hair as his mother walked out. Alex followed his mother to the door and waved Matt over to his room. Matt waited for Alex's mother to make our way through the hallway before he headed down it.

“By the way Alex and Matt, one of Alex's brothers will come and let you know dinner is ready. We have our meals over at Jacob's house. That way I don't have to cook twice for each meal.”

Alex yelled out to his mother that they will be ready as he pulled Matt into him. As they heard the back door close, they started to kiss. Alex broke the kiss and started to caress Matt's cheek.

“I am going to come out to my mother tonight when she gets back. I don't want you to be my secret. Instead, I want to show you off to my family. You have been a gift to me that keeps on giving. I can’t and won’t hide you from anyone.”

Alex and Matt stood there in the middle of the room hugging each other. Matt understood that this is a big step for Alex and can’t believe that he is willing to do it. At the same time Alex knows it is the best thing to do for not only himself, but for Matt as well. He loves Matt very much, and he doesn't want to lose him.

TO BE CONTINUED………………….

WRITER’S CORNER:

 

{This story is getting better and better as the chapters get rolled out. So much is going on in all three of my stories that I don't have enough time to write about everything. The chapters will never come to an end.

A lot is still going on over there at the Detention Facility. It looks like Mr. Henderson is trying to make up for what he did wrong. He got called in for what had happened between the two gangs. He realized that he needs Alex if he is going to get the promotion he wants. So Mr. Henderson is going to do things differently with Alex and hopes he doesn’t get promoted and stab Alex in the back again by leaving to another job.

The print shop looks like it is up and going. They have the machines already delivered and set up. They already have jobs to start out with and more to come. Jacob came through for Alex dealing with the employment issue. Everything is falling into place, but just like everything in life, don’t think it will run smoothly. Something always happens that throws it off of the rails.

Alex finally told Jacob that he is gay. Jacob of course accepted him no matter what. I hope no one expected anything different coming from Jacob on that front. Alex is actually taking positive steps forward in all areas.

Steve and Robert are getting closer, I know we didn’t hear much from them in this chapter, but they are there. Also we see that Carlos is taking on his new duties pretty well. The boys need to keep their hands clean from the gang. That is the only way they are going to get out of that place when they turn twenty one.

Ashton did end up with a couple of broken fingers, but he did handle what Alex told him to handle. Samuel has been a thorn in Alex’s side since he got there. It seems that everyone that has tried to overthrow Alex at one time or another is no longer around. If they survived, they are not going to try again. One example is Bobby. He is going to think twice before crossing Alex again.

Alex made a promise at the end of this chapter to Matt. Do you think he is going too actually to tell his mother that he is gay? Love, love, love can do things to a person. Alex loves Matt so much that he is willing to shout it out to the world right now. Let’s hope that Alex stops with his mother for now!

So much going on right now, you can’t miss a chapter. So many open plots I don’t have enough time to write them into each chapter. So stick around and see what is going to happen with the chapters to come. I hope no one dies or the good luck ends.

Right now, so many plots in this story your head is spinning on what is going on. As the chapters finish, you can’t wait for the next posting of the new chapter. I really thank you guys for coming back week after week, and reading my postings. I hope I will never let you guys down as far as drama in the storylines are concerned.

I don’t want to say too much more and spoil the future chapters to come, so I won’t. I warn you though! Don’t skip a chapter, or you will be lost. There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}


EDITOR’S CORNER:

It appears that many characters are getting their heads extracted from their butts and it’s about high time!
Alex is getting more and more comfortable in his own sexuality. The transition is fueled by the most powerful motivational thing in all of humanity: Love. Alex’s first test of the waters was coming out to Jacob. That having gone well, steeled him to move to the next logical step; coming out to his mother. Let’s hope that goes well too.

Matt is a perfect partner for Alex. He’s from the opposite side of life, he’s intelligent and he’s got a savvy about people that serves him well. He’s a solid, straight-line thinker and isn’t easily flustered. He is also teaching Alex how to be loved and to love in return. He’s a mentor to Alex without even realizing it.

Alex is a complex and somewhat erratic personality. That comes from him having to juggle several roles in his life; to meet expectations of each segment of his life. Matt can see through all the roles Alex has to play and see the real man underneath. He can get inside Alex’s mind and touch him deeply.

Ok, I can’t wait for the next chapter. I want to see how Franseca takes “the news” and how, being away from prying eyes, that Alex and Matt’s love with manifest itself. Something tells me it’s going to be quite a Christmas for all concerned.

Until next time,
“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2013 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmm how will Fran take the news her son is Gay. Prior to working for Jake and all probably not well more fear than anything but now that she works in a house of gay couples probably not hard at all if she doesn't already know. We will see. Still don't trust Mr Henderson not to screw Alex over.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..