Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Beneath the Mask - 18. Chapter 18

Just as Alex and Matt let each other go, the bedroom door opened and two younger versions of Alex came running in. They tackled Alex onto the bed and they started to wrestle around with each other. Finally, Alex’s brother’s pinned Alex and started to tickle him all over his body.

“Do you give big bro, do you give up?” Both of Alex’s brothers said over and over again until Alex said he gave up.

They got up from the bed and hugged their older brother. “We really miss you Alex; we are so glad that you are home with us for Christmas. We only wish that you could stay for good. We want you home Alex, we want you home!”

“I love you too, you little rug rats. I wish I could stay with you guys, but I can’t for now. This time will go by fast and I will be here ever holiday and home before you know it.” Alex spoke, trying to hold back the tears in his eyes, but unable to do so.

“Mom sent us to get you for dinner. It is cool living here with your friend Jacob. His house is a huge house with a lot of games and stuff for us. He always lets us come over whenever we want to. You need to see what he has and play with us.”

“I will you little rug rats, I will. Let’s go and eat dinner before mom sends out the swat team for us. Before we go, I want you to meet my roommate Matt, Matt these two little rug rats are my younger brothers Lorenzo and Ismail.”

Alex pointed to each of his brothers as they left his room. Matt shook the younger version Alex’s hands as they passed him. They didn’t want to let go of their older brother. It’s as if they can keep a hold of Alex so tightly, Alex wouldn’t have to go back.

Once they walked out of the back door, it is like a maze to get to Jacob’s house. The pool is almost done; all they have to do is shoot the Gunnite (pool concrete). Then they could start work on the walls that will join the two houses. They reached the back door, Alex’s younger brothers didn’t even knock, and they just walked in.

Alex didn’t feel that comfortable walking in Jacob’s house for the first time. He felt even more uncomfortable when he saw every walking in and then Jacob called them all out. Then when they returned, they didn’t say a word all through dinner.

Jacob is the only one that stayed at the table after he finished eating. He and Jacob spoke for a while before his grandfather walked in. Alex almost peed in his pants when Jacob’s grandfather walked in and added his two cents but after hearing what he had to say, Alex felt more comfortable with Mr. Serna.

Alex and Matt left Jacob’s house and walked over to his mother’s house. They looked at each other wanting to hold hands, but didn’t. Alex finally broke the silence between them and started to speak.

“I figure that is the best we are going to get with these guys. Considering what I did to Jacob in the last year and a half. I am very surprised that Jacob actually forgave me like he has. If the shoe was on the other foot, I don’t know if I could have been so forgiving like Jacob was with me.”

“Look, it is going to take time for the others to warm to you like Jacob. With what I can see in that house, they are just protecting Jacob. Jacob’s grandfather is going to back Jacob’s play and I think he would be the hardest to win over.”

The boys walked into the house and headed over to Alex’s room. Alex shut the door and joined Matt on the bed. Matt grabbed a hold of Alex’s hand and rubbed it. Matt can see that Alex is worried about what Jacob’s friends think of him.

“If you are not comfortable yet to tell your mother about you and me, I understand. I want you to be ready and not feel that you have to do this for me. I will love you no matter what you do here with your mother and family.”

“No Matt, I am going to tell my mother tonight when she returns from Jacob’s. She wanted to do a couple of things before heading home. She needs to know so that we can be free to be with each other and not jump out of our skin every time the door opens.”

Alex pulled Matt over to him in order to kiss him. They kissed each other as they fell onto the bed. Both of them wanted to be with each other, but decided it I best to wait until later tonight. For now they will need to get their hard ons down.

Lorenzo and Ismail came busting through the bedroom door like before. Alex started playing with them as their mother walked in to check on them. She smiled as she headed to her room to shower before plopping herself in front of the TV to watch her novels.

Matt got into the mix playing with Alex’s brothers. They landed up playing in the back yard running around all the wood and dry wall. Finally the boys tired themselves out and headed back into the house to watch television. Their mother had just headed back to her room to lay down and read her book.

Alex looked at Matt letting him know that this is it. He is going to go in to his mother’s room and tell her the truth about him. He left Matt with Lorenzo and Ismail as he walked over to his mother’s room. He knocked on the door and waited for her to invite him in.

Once she invited him in, he walked in shutting the door behind him. He just stood at the door looking at her. Franseca knew that her son had something very important on his mind that he needs to talk with her on. She also knows whatever it is Alex is really afraid of it because of the expression on his face.

“Hey honey, come on over here and sit on the bed with me. You know that you can tell me anything no matter how bad you think it is, I will listen. If I can help you fix it I will whatever it takes to fix it.”

Alex walked over to his mother’s bed as she spoke to hm. This strong, in control kid that we all know right now is a scared, shivering kid afraid about what he is about to tell his mother. He knows it has to be said, but he doesn’t know how she is going to react.

“Mom, please let me finish everything before you say a word. If you are not happy with what I have to say, you can take me back to the center. I just need to let you know everything in my life. That way, I am honest and not hiding anything from you.”

“Alex there is nothing you can do or say that will make me turn my back on you. You are my son for better or worse and I will love you no matter what. I will not interrupt you, but I want you to know that I love you Alex and don’t worry.”

Alex cleared his throat and started to talk again. “Mom I have been hiding something from you, dad, Lorenzo and Ismail. There is no way I would been able to tell dad this if he was alive still. He would have ordered me dead in order to save face. I think that is the main reason I ever said a word to anyone.” Alex swallowed the huge lump in his throat.

“I have known this for years and couldn’t deal with it until recently. When I met Matt, I was able to deal with one of the demons inside me. Through dealing with this demon, I am able to deal with all the rest and become a better person all around.

There is no easy way on saying this but saying it straight out. So I am going to just say it and see where it leads. Mom, your oldest son, the one that you are hoping to bring you your first grandchildren, will not be able to do that. I am gay mom and I am sorry, so sorry mom! I never wanted this or do this to you, but…..”

Alex started to cry as his mother pulled him into her. She started to rub his back like she did when he was little. This was the only way she was able to get Alex to stop crying when he was a baby. Holding him into her chest and rubbing his back.

“Alex I told you there is nothing you can do or say that will ever make me stop loving you. That includes this news you just told me. I knew that there is something going on and I figured it had to deal with your friend Matt. Or should I call your friend Matt your boyfriend Alex?”

“Yes, um, yes mom he is my boyfriend!”

“I am glad you have someone that you love like I loved your father when we first got together. After he got involved in the gang life he changed for the worse, and I couldn’t have him around you kids. Look what he did to my sweat little Alex. He turned my oldest son into a gangster just like himself. I hate that I let him get away with that.

If you love Matt, then I love Matt as well. If he treats my son with respect and my son treats him with respect, he is always welcome here. He is doing you good, because I have not seen you this happy in a very long time.

Also you need to know that mothers always know about their kids no matter how hard their kids try to hide from their mothers. I knew about your interest for a while and I never thought less of you.”

Alex stopped crying and pulled away from his mother. He looked her into her eyes and saw that she is telling the truth. Everything she has said is the truth. He felt a big weight being lifted off of him at that very moment.

“Thank you mom, I really love you! You are the best mother any kid could every ask for. You have been behind me on everything I have done in my life. Never gave up on me and because of your belief in me. I am going to get out of that place and prove to you that your son isn’t like his father. I will redeem our family name mom, I promise.”

“Don’t you worry about our family name Alex. I just want for you and your brothers are a happy life. That is all that I have ever wanted for you guys. Every parent wants their kids to have a better life than they had.

Just do me a favor Alex; please be very careful who you trust with this. You need to be a different person while you are in that place. If they ever find out that you are gay, they will more than likely kill you. I want you home safe and sound! DO YOU HEAR ME?”

Alex shook his head before he hugged his mother. He didn’t want to let go of his mother at all. She has a way on making him feel safe no matter what is going on in his life. But Alex knows that he has to let her go and see if his brothers have run off Matt yet.

As Alex got off the bed, his mother told him that she would like to talk with him and Matt sometime this week. Nothing bad, just she wants to make sure they both understand that they know they are always welcome in these four walls.

Alex walked out and went back up front to his brothers and Matt. He found his brothers on top of Matt tickling him as they always do to him. Alex walked over and pulled of both of his brothers off of Matt.

“We like Matt a lot Alex! You should bring him back every time you come back. Then when you move back home, make sure he comes down and visits a lot.” Ismail said as he jumped onto Alex’s shoulders.

Alex held his brother on his back as he walked around the house a couple of times. Alex finally got tired and put Ismail back on the chair. He sat on the couch next to Matt and started to watch TV with him.

Alex’s little brothers looked at Alex and Matt every so often. At one point Alex told them to pay attention to the movie. Alex and Matt aren’t doing anything to make them look at Alex and Matt, but his brothers kept looking at Alex and Matt.

Lorenzo and Ismail finally around one had fallen to sleep. Alex picked up one of his brothers and Matt picked up the other. They carried them to their room and put them in their beds. After they got tucked in, Alex and Matt turned off all the lights in the house and went to bed.

Alex made sure to lock his door before he went to bed because his brothers will come running into the room in the morning. They don’t know that he and Matt are boyfriends yet. He doesn’t want them to find by walking in on him asleep with Matt.

Matt got into the bed first and then Alex. Once they settled in, Matt wrapped his arms around Alex and pulled him into him. He leaned in and started to kiss his boyfriend. Matt broke the kiss and just looked in Alex’s eyes.

“I love you so much Alex. I am glad that we are able to spend our first Christmas together. This is going to be the very first time that we are going to be able to sleep through the night together in the same bed without worrying about anyone walking in on us. I really hope this week drags on so where I can enjoy every moment of it.”

“I have never loved anyone as much as I love you Matt and never will. You are saving me from me Matt and I will always be thankful for that. Just like you, I really hope this week goes very slow. I want to be with you as much as possible.”

Alex and Matt kissed a little bit before they went to sleep. Alex slept through the night without having to worry about anything. For the next week, he knows it is going to be the best week of his life. Nothing to worry about and nothing but joy around him!

The next morning, Alex and Matt got woken up by Alex’s little brothers jumping up and down on the bed. Alex looked up as his brothers worried about what they might think about what they are seeing right now.

Once Lorenzo and Ismail saw that Alex and Matt woke up, they stopped jumping on the bed and laid down between them. Alex rolled over to his side so where he could see his brothers eyes. He wants to try and read them if he could.

“Alex don’t worry about what we walked in on. I and Ismail don’t care that you and Matt are together. I fact we are happy that you are finally happy. You are better happy than when you are mean and angry.

Jacob was very happy until Joey left him. Now he looks like he is happy with his new boyfriend Dewayne. Also Tom and David are very happy together. There is nothing wrong with being in love with a guy, as long as you two are happy with each other.”

“Come here you little rug rat!” Alex pulled Lorenzo over to him and started to tickle him. “When did you get so smart? Talk about being surprised, I am surprised the way you guys have grown up in such a short period of time. Please don’t be in such of a rush to be a grown up. It isn’t as good as you think. Enjoy being a kid as long as you can.”

Alex let go of Lorenzo as he crawled out of bed. Matt tried to go back to sleep, but Lorenzo and Ismail wouldn’t let him. Matt finally gave up trying to get more sleep and got out of bed as well. He joined Alex in the bathroom.

Although they can take a shower separately, they decided to jump in the shower together. As soon as the water got warm enough, Alex and Matt stepped in. Right away, Alex got the soap and a wash towel for each of them. They washed each other, paying extra attention to each others butts and dicks.

Both of them got hard the minute the other touched each others body. Once they finished taking a shower, they had to stay in the bathroom until their dicks went soft. There is no way they could walk out both with a hard on.

As soon as they got dressed, Lorenzo yelled to them that breakfast is ready. Alex and Matt walked over to Jacob’s house to eat. This time when they walked in, everyone at the table continued talking as Alex and Matt took their seats.

Jacob turned the conversation to Alex. “Alex, are you and Matt limited on where you are allowed to go? What I mean, are you able to go anywhere that you want to go like the stores and mall?”

“The only limitations we have are not go near the people or place that brought us to the center. In my case that is not a issue because we have become friends. I can’t get around beer, drugs or the gang I am part of. Other than that, we can do anything like you guys can do.”

Everyone just looked at Alex before David broke the silence. “If you don’t mind me asking Alex, you are still part of the gang that you were part of before being sentenced?”

“Um, yes I am, but it is a long story. One day I will tell you everything, but for now I think it is best that I don’t. Don’t worry, my past or who I know will not enter in this house or you lives. I am just doing something that is helping the director and it will look good for me when I come up to be released on my twenty-first birthday.”

No one asked Alex to explain what he meant. They quickly changed the subject to another. They finished eating and everyone went their own direction. Alex and Matt walked back over to his mother’s house to figure out what to do for the day.

They wrestled with staying home and making their own entertainment or going out and enjoying their freedom. They decided to head to the near by mall. They will need to take the city bus, so it has to be the closet mall.

Alex walked over to tell his mother that he and Matt are going to the mall. She insisted on giving him some money to spend. Alex tried to tell her that she didn’t have to give him any, but she insisted. Alex gave in because he knows that he isn’t going to win. He took the money and put it in his pocket.

Before leaving Jacob’s, Alex went down to see if his brothers wanted to go with him and Matt. They jumped at the chance to be with their big brother. Before when Alex wasn’t locked up, he never wanted to spend time with them. Instead, he was always involved with the gang. That is why his little brothers hate the gang life. It stole their big brother from them when they were little.

As they headed back to the house, they kissed their mother good bye. Lorenzo took the lead and the rest followed him. They just got to the bus stop as the bus arrived. They jumped on, paid the fair and took their seats. All the way to the mall, Alex talked with his little brothers. He wanted to get to know them, just like they wanted to know Alex.

After an hour and taking two buses, they finally got to the mall. They got down and headed into the mall. Lorenzo and Ismail wanted something to drink, but didn’t want to spend the money they have on drinks. Alex laughed as he told his little brothers not to worry, he will pay for drinks.

As they got to the register, Alex pulled out the money his mother gave to him earlier. He didn’t look at it when she gave it to him, so he didn’t know how much it was. He thought maybe a few twenties, but when he unfolded the money, he couldn’t believe it. Instead of a couple of twenties, it is four hundred dollar bills.

He handed the cashier one of the hundreds to pay for the drinks, got his change. They started to walk around the mall. Going into every store they passed, looking at everything on the shelves. Alex couldn’t stop thinking about the amount of money his mother gave him. He couldn’t help but wonder if she could afford giving him this amount of money without going without things she might need to buy for the house.

Alex just couldn’t stop thinking about the money his mother gave him. He wanted to buy Matt something for Christmas, but at the same time. He needs to make sure his mother didn’t give him this money by mistake.

He found a pay phone and called up Jacob’s house in hopes that his mother will answer. When the phone got picked and his mother voice is on the other end, he breathed a sigh of relief. Immediately Alex spoke up over the noise of the crowd in the mall.

“Mom, I am sorry for bothering you while you are working, but I have a question. I didn’t look at the money you gave me this morning until we got to the mall. I thought you gave me at the most a couple of twenties, but you didn’t. You gave me four hundred and I just don’t feel right taking this from you. I don’t want you guys to go without because I got a chance to come home for the holidays.”

“Alex I know what I gave you and I want to give you that. For the first time in my life, I am able to give all you kids things I never was able to do in the past; things that you guys deserve and should get since I can afford it.

I don’t pay a house bill every month or not that much on food. I got very lucky getting a job with Jacob and his family. Not only I make more here than I did in the three jobs I worked, but I also save almost a thousand a month in bills that I was paying when we lived on our own.

So don’t worry about the money I gave you. I want you to be happy and enjoy yourself while you are home. Buy something or that handsome boyfriend of yours. You need to help me get a handsome guy like yours when you come next time.” Franseca laughed as she said goodbye to Alex.

Alex hung up the phone and couldn’t believe how well off she is now. He also can’t believe how happy she is now without his father being around. All this happened when she started to work for Jacob.

He caught up with his brothers and Matt. Alex walked up to Matt and grabbed hold of his hand for a quick squeeze. Alex really wants to kiss his awesome boyfriend right there and then, but decided it better not to. He doesn’t know who is watching them at this moment, and he better play it safe.

As they continued shopping, Alex noticed things that Matt picked up, but put it down. Everything he looked at, matched who he is. Alex took every opportunity he could to buy a couple of things that Matt liked.

At one point, Alex pulled Matt aside to talk with him privately. “Hey, I want to give you something. My mom gave me some money this morning and I plan to use it to buy you a gift for Christmas. I want to give you some of it, not to buy me something, but to buy whatever. I want to buy my little brothers a gift each also.”

Alex handed Mat a hundred dollar bill and walked off to catch up with his little brothers. Matt just looked at the money and couldn’t believe it. He quickly caught up to Alex and his brothers. As they continued shopping, Matt noticed that Alex wanted to buy his brothers something, but couldn’t.

“Hey Alex, let me take your brothers off to the arcades while you take care of that thing we talked about.” Matt went up to Alex and whispered in his ear.

Alex turned and shook his head up and down. Matt went to get Lorenzo and Ismail and walked out of the store. He told Alex one thing, but he wanted his little brothers for another reason altogether.

“Hey little ones, I need your help. I really love your brother and I want to buy him something for Christmas. I just don’t really know what he likes. We can’t have anything really personal, and I want to get him something that he likes. Can you two help me?”

Lorenzo and Ismail both nodded their heads as they grabbed a hold of Matt’s arm to pull him into a different store. They started to show Matt different things they know that their brother likes, but never would buy himself. Finally, Matt chose a gold necklace with a saint. He knows that Alex would like it and he can wear it when he returns to the center.

After buying it, Matt, Lorenzo and Ismail headed back to where they left Alex to only find him sitting on a bench waiting for them. He had several more bags than he had when they left him.

Lorenzo and Ismail ran up to their brother and tried to see what is in the bags, but Alex didn’t let them see. When he got up, he handed his little brothers other bags that different their gifts in to carry for him.

On the way out, they grabbed a quick bite to eat. As they walked over to the bus stop, they saw their bus arriving. They started running to the bus where they didn’t miss it. They barely got to the bus stop in time.

All the way home, Lorenzo and Ismail kept trying to peek in the bags they know have their gifts. Alex sat his brothers down and showed them the gift he bought his mother. They looked at it and wanted Alex to put their name on it to. Of course Alex said yes to his brothers. They have never had money or a chance to buy anything for her.

As soon as they got home, Lorenzo and Ismail went running over to Jacob’s house. Alex and Matt went into their room and lay down. They actually went to sleep when all they wanted to do is relax for a couple of minutes.

Alex forgot how much energy it takes to keep up with his little brothers. They need to have a complete eight hours of sleep, if not more, to keep up with them. Still, Alex didn’t mind at all being with his brothers. He lost a lot of time with them when they were little. Alex knows that he has a lot of things that he has to make up for with his family.

The boys woke up right when Ismail walked in to let them know that dinner is ready. They headed over and ate dinner at Jacob’s house. After they finished eating, they headed down to the game room with Lorenzo and Ismail as they promised them during dinner.

Alex and Matt couldn’t believe everything that Jacob had down here. They walked over to the game systems and picked Street Fighter to play. Alex chose the Blanco because he eats those he fights and Matt picked the bad guy in the red uniform. They played for hours, switching off with Lorenzo and Ismail once they died.

Alex is having so much fun, he didn’t realize the time. When he did look up at the clock, he jumped out of his seat. He couldn’t believe it is already after twelve and they are still awake playing video games.

“Hey let’s head back over to the house and get some rest. When we wake up, we will have presents to open under the tree. Lorenzo and Ismail got up at the same time as Matt did. They walked over to the house together, locking Jacobs house as they left.

The minute Alex and Matt walked into the room, they could barley strip their clothes off. Just like the night before, Matt crawled into the bed and then Alex. Matt pulled Alex into him and wrapped his hands around Alex. The minute they both laid their heads on their pillows, they were out for the night.

The next morning they got up and just tossed on a T-shirt and shorts before heading to the living room. They found Lorenzo and Ismail already awake and shaking their gifts under the tree. Alex and Matt sat down on the couch and waited for Franseca to join them. They want to open gifts as a family and that does include Matt.

Franseca got up early to make sure that Jacob’s family didn’t need anything in order to be there when her kids wake up. She walked in to find them waiting on her. She went over and sat down on the chair.

“Lorenzo and Ismail let your brother hand out the gifts to everyone. He is the oldest and the man of this house. So go and sit down by Matt and wait until everyone gets their gifts. Then we all can open our gifts together.”

Lorenzo and Ismail put their gifts back under the tree and went to seat next to Matt on the ground. Alex quickly got up and started to hand the gifts out to everyone. He tried to go as quickly as possible that way his little brothers can start opening their gifts.

Once the final gift under the tree got handed out, everyone started to rip their gifts open. Franseca didn’t think that she would get anything big, but when she opened the last gift, she couldn’t help but start to cry. She got up and started to hug each of her sons thanking them for the gifts.

Lorenzo and Ismail got everything the wanted and than some. Before they could start playing with their new toys, they had to clean up their Christmas wrapping. Once they tossed all the wrapping in the garbage they started to play.

Alex opened the gifts his mother and brothers got him first. Some of it he can take back with him to the center, and some he will need to leave here at the house. When he unwrapped the gift Matt got him, he just looked at it.

“What is wrong Alex; you don’t like what I got you?” Matt looked at Alex with a worry look on his face.

“No I love what you got me! But, I gave you the money to spend on you though, not me!” Alex grabbed a hold of Matt’s hand.

“I did spend it on me Alex. When I buy you something and it makes you happy, I bought it for me as well. I like to see you happy Alex. That is all I want is to make sure you are happy no matter what.”

Franseca just sat holding back tears as she listened to her son and his boyfriend. Matt is very good for her son. Only if these two would have met each other a long time ago. Maybe they would not be where they are now. Or maybe Alex being the old Alex, would have destroyed any chances he would have had with him.

Alex leaned in and hugged Matt. When they broke their hug, they kissed each other for the first time in front of someone. Alex’s mother didn’t mind it at all; in fact you liked seeing her son so happy with Matt.

Matt started to unwrap the couple of gifts that Alex bought him. One of the gifts he cannot take back to the center, but the other he can. Just like Alex, he bought Matt jewelry. He bought Matt a gold bracelet they he looked at and liked.

“The jewelry store couldn’t get an engraving done for me yesterday. I promise before we go back, we will go back and get the engraving done.” Alex explained as he put the bracelet on Alex’s wrist.

“I know that I am not your mother Matt, but you are my son’s boyfriend. I would like it that you would think of me as your mother as well. You are part of this family and you care deeply for my son. I know this isn’t much, but I got you a gift as well from me, Lorenzo and Ismail.”

Franseca pulled a gift out and handed it to Matt. Matt couldn’t believe how nice Alex’s family is. They thought they would accept him, but it would take a while for them to warm up to him. Boy was Matt wrong about that!

After Matt unwrapped the gift, he got up and hugs Franseca. “Thank you mom, I would be honored to be part of this family and call you mom. I really do love and care so much for your son and everyone around him.”

Franseca couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. She started to cry as she hugged Matt. Alex got up and hugged both of tem. They broke the hug and Franseca headed back over to check on the ham she has in the oven at Jacob’s house.

The mean time, Alex and Matt joined Lorenzo and Ismail playing with their new toys. They started hearing yelling outside in the back yard. At first they thought they were hearing things, but it got louder.

Alex and Matt jumped up from the floor and ran out the back door. Once they reached the pool, they found Franseca talking loudly to another lady her age. At first they didn’t know what they were fighting about, and then they got their answer.

“You fucking bitch, if you know what is best for you and your family, you will move out of that house and take your scum of a son with you! What balls he has to come over here and spend Christmas at the house of my son he tried to kill!”

“Don’t you ever talk that way about my son! I cannot understand how Jacob turned out so different from you. You mistreat him and treat him like trash. The only one around here that is scum is you!”

Gloria walked closer to Franseca and started to jab her with her finger as she talked. “Don’t you ever judge me on the way I bring up my kids! At least none of my kids ended up being a killer just like his father. When I heard your husband died, I wanted to throw a party. This world got rid of one bad person that day.”

Franseca knocked away Gloria’s hand. “You better watch what you are talking about before you say anything. Although my husband was bad, he gave me three great boys. Yes one of them made a few wrong decisions in his life, but he is trying to fix that. Your son is a lot better person then you could ever dream of being. He can see that and has a heart. You are just one heartless bitch running around screwing up your kids’ lives!”

Gloria slapped Franseca in the face without warning. Franseca never allowed anyone to catch her off guard like that. Instead of slapping Gloria back in the face, she punched her in the stomach. Gloria slumped over trying to catch her breath.

Franseca turned and started to walk off when Gloria ran up behind her. She grabbed Franseca from the neck and threw her on the ground. Franseca quickly jumped up from the ground and punched Gloria several more times in the stomach.

This time Franseca didn’t turn her back to Gloria. Gloria isn’t about to give up, she launched at Franseca and started pulling and clawing at her neck and face. At the same time, Franseca kept punching her where ever her punches would land.

Alex ran up to try and separate his mother and Jacob’s mother, but ended being punched himself. Just as Alex got up from the ground, His mother and Gloria fell into the pool. Right now it is just a mud hole and they landed in mud.

Alex and Matt just looked down in the pool as Franseca and Gloria continued fighting each other. Neither of them wanting to give the other the satisfaction of winning this fight, they kept pulling at each others hair, clawed or punch each other as they rolled around the muddy ground.

Alex and Matt jumped into the pool as Lorenzo and Ismail ran over yelling at Gloria to let go of their mother. Just then, everyone in Jacob’s house came running out to see what is going on. They reached the pool just as Alex and Matt separated the two women.

Andy Sr., Jacob’s father pulled Gloria out of the pool as Alex and Matt help Franseca out of the pool. They walked into their separate houses in hopes things will cool down. If it doesn’t, they might be finding a new place to live.

Franseca walked to her room to clean up. Alex walked in several times to make sure his mother is okay. Every time he apologized and told her that he will go back to the center if that will keep the peace. But every time Alex mentioned it, she slammed the door on the idea. She wouldn’t even listen to Alex when he offered to go back.

Once Franseca got cleaned up, she walked up front. The boys looked at her and it didn’t even look like she just came in from a fight. Lorenzo and Ismail ran up to her and clutched to their mother as hard as they could.

Just then, they heard a knock at the back door. They looked at each other before Franseca went over to answer the door. Alex couldn’t stop thinking this is it, Jacob isn’t going to be able to keep the peace on this.

Jacob walked in and rubbed the heads of Lorenzo and Ismail. “Hey big guys, we have a couple presents over at my house for you. We waited as long as we could for you, but you guys never came down. Why don’t you run down there and open your gifts with my grandfather. Don’t worry about the mean woman; she will not bother you guys.”

Lorenzo and Ismail went running out the back door to Jacob’s house. Jacob walked into the living room in order to speak with everyone. Once again Alex couldn’t help but think this is it, Jacob sent his little brothers off in order to deliver the bad news.

“I don’t know what happened out there and to tell you the truth I don’t want to know what my mother did this time. I came down to make sure you are okay Franseca.” Jacob turned and looked at Franseca. She nodded her head up and down.

“Look, my mom is a strange woman. I love her because she is my mother. She has not always been this way. There is something going on in her life that is causing her to be this way. I know that isn’t an excuse for her to go around causing all these problems. My father is talking with her right now about what had happened.

I made it clear that this is my house. I will have whoever I want living here. Don’t pay any attention to her or what she said. I am very sorry again for what she did and I will make sure it doesn’t happen again. I want you to stay. My grandfather wants you to stay. In fact everyone in the house wants you and your family to stay.”

Jacob started to leave when he turned around. “I want you guys at the table for Christmas dinner. She will not do anything anymore to any of you. You guys are part of my family and family spends Christmas dinner together.”

Alex, Matt and Franseca just looked at Jacob as he walked out. Franseca turned to her son with a smile on her face. She followed Jacob out. She needed to check on the ham again and start making the side dishes.

Everyone had dinner as if nothing had happened earlier between their parents. They talked with each other and laughed. Lorenzo and Ismail ate as fast as they could. They wanted to get back to playing with the game system that Jacob and his family bought them.

Alex and Matt wanted to get back to the house for a different reason altogether. The only work they had today is pulling Franseca and Gloria apart, so they aren’t tired. Plus Lorenzo and Ismail are going to busy playing their new games. That means Alex and Matt will actually have free time for themselves.

After dinner, Alex and Matt helped out Franseca with the clean up. They both felt bad that she is the only one working on Christmas. This way, she can get home earlier than normal. Towards the end, Jacob’s grandmother joined in to help them in the kitchen.

As soon as the kitchen got cleaned, dishes washed and put away, Alex and Matt headed back to their house. They sat with Lorenzo and Ismail for an hour or so, before heading to their room for the evening.

Alex not only locked the door, Matt and he moved the dresser in front of it. They didn’t want Lorenzo or Ismail walking in on them right now. Once they felt the door is secure enough, they both walked together to the bed.

At first, Alex and Matt just looked at each other when they sat down on the bed. Alex put his hands on Matt’s shoulders as he leaned in to kiss him. Almost at the same time, both of them started moving their hands all over the others body.

Matt broke the kiss and started to take off Alex’s shirt. Alex lifted his arms to help Matt out as he pulled his shirt over his shoulders. Matt tossed the shirt to the floor and then threw Alex to his bed as He jumped on top of him.

Matt started to assault every part of Alex’s flesh that is in the open. He started at Alex’s forehead, made his way to his lip, to his neck and down to Alex’s chest, paying special attention to Alex’s hard nipples. Matt sucked on each of them equally before moving down to Alex’s six pack and then his stomach.

Matt moved between Alex’s legs and lifted Alex’s left leg, took off his shoe and sock, and then did the same thing with his right foot. Matt moved to Alex’s mid section to undue Alex’s belt and unbutton his jeans.

Matt started to pull off Alex’s pants with the help from Alex on lifting his butt from the bed. Just like Alex’s shirt, Matt tossed Alex’s pants on the floor over the shirt. Matt looked down at his boyfriend lying on the bed with just his boxers and the necklace he gave him for Christmas.

Matt laid on top of Alex and started to kiss him. At the same time, Matt reached between Alex’s legs and started to play with Alex’s dick. The moment Matt touched Alex’s dick, he realized that Alex is harder than he has ever felt him in the past.

He broke the kiss, pulled off Alex’s underwear and went right to what he wants. Matt picked up Alex’s dick from Alex’s stomach, rubbed the pre-cum around Alex’s dick that has already leaked out. Every time that Matt went across Alex’s head of his dick with his finger, Alex couldn’t help but shiver.

Mat went down putting Alex’s dick slowly into his mouth. Once Matt got the entire dick in, he started slowly bobbin up and down. He didn’t pick up speed because he doesn’t want Alex to explode just yet.

Alex pulled Matt up, as Matt towered over him. Alex reached rolled Matt’s shirt up his stomach and chest. Matt took it from there and took off his shirt. Alex undid Matt’s pants as Matt kicked off his shoes. Matt got up on the bed and pulled off his pants before going back between Alex’s legs.

At first Alex just starred at the hard dick in front of him. He reached around and pulled Matt towards him. Matt leaned and didn’t stop until his dick touched Alex’s lips. Alex started to lick Matt’s head of his dick once it hit his lips.

Alex opened his mouth as he pulled Matt even closer to him. Alex didn’t stop until he had Matt’s entire dick in his mouth. Once Alex felt Matt’s pubic hair against his lips, he placed both of his hands on Matt’s hips.

He started to push Matt’s waist away from him. Just as Matt’s dick is about to leave Alex’s mouth, Alex pulled Matt back towards him. He kept doing this as Matt’s head fell back moaning louder and louder as his dick is being sucked.

Just as Matt is about to cum, he pulled his dick out of Alex’s mouth. He lay down on his back looking at Alex see that he has a surprised look on his face. “I have wanted you inside me so bad; I know that I cannot wait any longer. Please Alex, fuck me, fuck me hard, please Alex fuck me.”

Alex didn’t need Matt to ask twice. He moved between Matt’s legs, lifting one over each of his shoulders. Alex used the pre-cum that is leaking out of his dick like a faucet for lubrication. After he lubed Alex’s butt, he smeared his pre-cum all over his dick.

Alex placed the head of his dick at the entrance of Matt’s butt. Slowly Alex entered into Matt, at least until Matt reached around Alex’s butt. Matt wrapped his arms around Alex’s butt and pulled him fully into him. Alex’s dick hit Matt’s prostate hard, causing Matt to moan out really loud. Immediately Alex covered Matt’s mouth to muffle his moans.

Alex kept his hand over Matt’s mouth as he started to fuck Matt hard. Both of them started to sweat as they had sex. They could hear as their bodies hit each other. The slapping of their skin caused both of them to hot their climax faster then normal.

Alex started to shoot inside Alex without warning him. As Alex’s cum shot and hit Matt’s insides, it caused Matt to explode. Alex grabbed a hold of Matt’s dick and pointed it to his face. He wanted to eat as much of Matt’s cum as possible.

As they shot their loads, they felt as if they are on another plane. A plane they never reached before in their love making either because they were always worried about getting caught or they had a clock on them as they made love.

This time as they made love, they didn’t have to worry about any of that. No one walking in on them because they didn’t keep an eye on the clock. They actually are able to make love with each other the way love should be made.

Once Alex spent all his cum inside Matt, he fell on top of Matt. Matt started to laugh as he wrapped his arms around Alex. Alex looked up at Matt to see what is so funny. All he could see in Matt’s face is a red glow he never seen before.

“Man I love you so damn much Alex. You are one hell of a love maker. I wish we could make love like that every minute of every day. You somehow had me outside of myself as we made love.” Matt put his hand through his hair, still chuckling to himself.

Alex laid his head back on Matt’s chest. He can hear Matt’s heart beating fast. Alex actually started to think that Matt’s heart might actually jump right out of his chest because it is beating so hard.

“You bring the love making out of me. I have never been with someone that I love as much as I love you. You see something in me that I don’t even see. You are my one, the one I want to be with the rest of my life.”

Matt wrapped his arms around Alex again and held him tight. As the boys fell to sleep, Alex’s dick slipped out of Matt’s butt. Alex got woken up when Matt tried to move to his side. Alex looked down at Matt, leaned in to give Matt a kiss as he got off of him. Matt moved to his side the moment Alex got off of him.

Alex quietly moved the dresser away from his door before heading back to bed. He didn’t care that he is sticky with sweat and cum; he just wanted to crawl into bed with Matt and sleep. He has never felt the feelings that are going through him right now.

Alex crawled into bed, pulled the covers over him and Matt. He scooted up to Matt, wrapped his arms around him as his dick got hard and started to stick Matt. It the butt. Alex reached over to see if Matt is having the same reaction, and he is.

Alex pulled the covers off of them and moved Matt to his back. Matt didn’t even twitch as Alex moved him. Alex looked down at his boyfriend laying their asleep naked with his dick sticking straight into the air.

Using his pre-cum, Alex lubricated his butt as he got up on the bed. Alex slowly lowered himself onto Matt’s dick. As Matt’s dick entered Alex, Alex felt Matt’s hands around his hips. He turned to see Matt wide awake with a smile on his face.

“I thought I was having a great dream, but when I opened my eyes. I found out it isn’t a dream, it is my wonderful boyfriend wanting to make love again.”

Matt guided Alex down on top of him. Once Matt got completely in, Alex raised himself slowly and went back down slowly. He did that a couple times before picking up speed. All that Matt needs to do is lay there and enjoy as Alex rides him.

Without taking Matt’s dick out of his ass, Alex turned around to face him. He picked up speed as he leaned down to kiss Matt. Matt moved his hands from Alex’s hips and placed them behind Alex’s neck to hold his lips to his.

They took turns putting their tongues in each others mouth. When Alex put his tongue in Matt’s mouth, Matt can actually still taste his cum in Alex’s mouth. They couldn’t keep their hands off of each other.

Alex rode Matt for almost an hour before he started to explode. Alex squeezed his butt around Matt’s dick to make him cum even more. Just like Matt, Alex started to shoot all over Matt’s face and mouth.

Matt tried to catch as much of Alex’s cum as it flew into his mouth as he could. Both of them shot a second load within a couple of hours. As they came down from their climax, Alex rolled off of Matt to Matt’s side.

They caught their breath before getting up to try and clean themselves up. They did what they could with their dirty laundry to clean the sweat, dry cum and the new loads they just shot. After picking up the dirty clothes from the floor and throwing them into the hamper, they crawled into bed with each other.

Matt wrapped his arms around Alex and they were out. They actually didn’t get bothered the next morning. They slept in past eleven before they got up. As they got up, the first thing they both did is take a shower.

Once they took their showers, got dressed, they grabbed their dirty laundry. They took it to the laundry room to wash. After putting the laundry to go, Alex and Matt walked into the kitchen. Alex sat down at the kitchen table as Matt looked through the refrigerator.

Matt pulled out the eggs, onions, tomatoes, and cheese. He started looking around the cabinets for the frying pans and found them. He cut up the onions and tomatoes threw them into frying pan. He went back to the refrigerator and pulled out the ham. He cut up the ham and threw it into the frying pan as well. He mixed the eggs and added them to the frying pan. He cooked up the omelet, put it into a plate.

He walked over to the table and sat down with Alex. He pulled his chair up to Alex until their knees touched. Matt turned to the plate with the omelet and added the cheese before cutting it into pieces. He picked up some of the omelet on a fork and fed Alex. As Alex chewed the omelet, Matt put a fork full in his mouth. It went back and forth like this until they ate the entire omelet.

Matt noticed some cheese on the side of Alex’s mouth, but instead of telling Alex. He leaned in and licked it into his mouth as he started to kiss Alex. They sat there in the kitchen kissing each other and didn’t even notice Franseca walking in.

“I came over to see if you boys wanted me to cook you breakfast, but I see that you took care of that. When did you learn to cook Alex? That place is showing you everything, isn’t it?” Franseca looked at the stove and headed over to clean it up.

“Mom, you work already too hard over there..” Matt pointed to Jacob’s house. “We made this mess; we are going to clean it up. You need to rest yourself and let us help.” Matt reached over and pulled the dish cloth out of Franseca’s hand.

“Mom I am not the one that did the cooking. Matt cooked us an awesome omelet for breakfast. Not only do I have a cute boyfriend, but one that know his way around the kitchen as well.” Alex walked up to Matt to help clean the mess.

“No lie that you have a cute boyfriend Alex. You boys are lucky to have found each other and create this loving relationship in that ugly place.”

Alex and Matt looked each other and smiled. They cleaned the kitchen together; every so often they would kiss each other. Franseca had left when they started to clean, so they are alone once again in the house.

They wanted to go back to Alex’s room and just make love with each other, but decided to put on their shoes and head over to Jacob’s house to see what Lorenzo and Ismail are doing. They found Lorenzo and Ismail in the game room with Toni and Chase.

Alex knows Chase, but not Toni. Chase and Toni looked up as Alex and Matt walked in. Jacob hasn’t told anyone in the house that Alex is gay and Matt is his boyfriend but Chase could see there is something there.

As they walked over to them, Chase could see a glow about them as if they just had sex. Chase looked over to Toni to see if he sees the same thing, but Toni is to busy playing the video game to notice what he is noticing.

“Hey Alex, what do you and Matt have planned for today? Maybe Toni and I could hang with you guys as long as it is safe.”

Alex looked at Chase and chuckled. “I understand why you think that way. With what you know of me, I would think the same if the shoe is on the other foot. I screwed up and now I am trying to be a better person.

With the help I am getting from my family and Jacob and with my father being gone, I am actually able to move in another direction. I went into our family business just like the eldest son does in other families, but our family business was the gang life.”

“Alex, I didn’t mean anything bad with what I said. It came out wrong I guess, and I’m sorry. I meant if you are going to do something that didn’t take money, Toni and I would like to tag along if that is ok.”

Alex walked up to Chase and sat down next to him. “I can tell you whatever we do isn’t going to take money. I don’t have any nor does Matt. We just want to hang and enjoy being out of that place.”

Chase and Alex started talking as Matt joined in with Toni and Alex’s brothers playing the video game. Chase wanted to learn more about Alex and make sure his best friend isn’t in any danger with him around.

As they talked, Chase started to change his thinking about Alex. He sees a different person; the person that Jacob sees. Chase came to the conclusion right then and ther that he needs to stop second guessing Jacob.

“So you met Matt when you got sent over to the detention facility?”

“Yeah, he is my roommate and the first person I met. He is helping me stay out of trouble, and that is a lot of hard work! No matter how hard I try to get away from my past, it seems it keeps pulling me back in.”

“Wow, a friend like Matt is hard to come by. I would think that people that are not involved in your gang would stay as far away from you and the gang as possible. That shows you how much I know about stuff like that.”

“Well, Matt is more than a friend to me.” Alex called Matt over to him. “Can we tell you something and you won’t tell anyone or think different of us?”

“Of course you can tell me anything and I will never tell. There is really nothing anyone can tell me now that will surprise me anymore. Living in this house with Jacob, I have met a lot of different people. People that are different, but there’s nothing wrong with them.”

“Well, one of the people that I was angry with, was me. I have known for a very long time about what I thought was the devil inside of me. I did everything I could think of to get rid of it, but when I met Matt, I realized what I was feeling was not wrong. Matt and I are more than friends, we are like Jacob.”

Chase fell back against his chair. He knew it when they walked in. He couldn’t believe that he was right though. Chase started thinking the reason he knew about Alex before Alex told him. Is because he has been living with Jacob, David and Tom for so long, that he can spot a gay person when they walk into a room! Matt had sensed that something intense was being discussed and joined Chase and Alex. He had to only listen for a moment to know that Alex had come out to Chase about them.

“Look Alex, there is nothing wrong being in love with Matt. Jacob and I are best friends. We were best friends before he told me and we stayed best friends after he told me. I don’t see a thing wrong with Jacob, David, Tom and now you two.

Jacob has turned out to be a better friend, more like a brother to me, than anyone in my family has. I love Jacob as if we were twin brothers. We are almost the same age, only a couple months apart. Still, he has been there for me no matter what, and I know as long as you two stick with each other, there is nothing anyone can do to destroy you guys.”

Alex and Mat just looked at Chase. They didn’t think they were going to that kind of response from him. What is it with the people in this house? It seems there is something in the water that makes them smart, with a lot of wisdom that one usually only gets with age.

“Chase thank you for your words of encouragement. Jacob was the first one I told about me, and he was so cool about it. Because of Jacob’s response, I told my mother and brothers. Outside of them, you are the first one I have told. I am starting to think it isn’t going to be bad at all to be who I am.”

“In this house you are free be who you are and there is no questions or judgments. Realize not everyone you come across is this way. You need to be careful who you tell. Be for sure they will understand and they will accept you guys no matter what before you tell them. Jacob went through a lot to get where he is today. Learn from him so you guys don’t make the same mistakes as you guys come out to others.”

Alex and Matt wanted to know what Jacob did and what the response was. Chase only spoke of things that he knows that Jacob wouldn’t get mad with him for talking about. He told Alex and Matt about what had happened to him his freshman and sophomore year. Of course Chase skipped over the shooting and the attempted murder.

Alex and Matt sat there listening to Chase taking mental notes on everything he is saying. They are learning so much more in this one sitting than they could learn in a year on their own. They decided that they will make sure they won’t make the same mistakes that Jacob and Joey did. They already knew that they can’t come out to anyone else because where they are at the moment.

“If you guys fall out of love with each other for whatever reason, keep in mind the other. What I mean by that is don’t keep dragging that person along. The other may still be deeply in love with you and you are not. Also do the breakup in person. Don’t write a letter and then walk out.” The conversation led to the breakup of Jacob and Joey.

Alex and Matt just nodded their heads in agreement. They looked at each other after Chase finished talking. It looked like they could read each others mind. What happened between Jacob and Joey will not happen between them. It may sound foolish since they just started dating, but they feel this connection with each other they have never felt before.

They got up to grab Alex’s brothers and Toni to head out. They didn’t want to get into a sad mood when there isn’t enough time in a day to do what they want to do. Alex and Matt have a limited of time before they have to report back to the center.

As Alex walked out with his boyfriend, brothers and hopefully soon to be friends, he felt more at ease then he has ever felt. He knows why, but he just doesn’t want to jinx it. One thing is for sure to Alex right now and that is the fact he has never been as happy as he is right now. He is closer to his family than he has ever been and now he has Matt.

TO BE CONTINUED…………….

WRITER’S CORNER:

{I got an email from a reader and he feels that all my straight characters are portrayed as evil gay bashing haters. I spoke via email with this reader and explained things to him. I come to find out that he is very young; less than half my age. That explained to me a lot about his way of thinking.

He had a chance to grow up in the late ninety’s and is barely starting high school this year. I have said many of times in this very corner that things have gotten better for every successive generation. My generation had it better than the generation before me and so and so on. This reader is in the generation of the luckiest young gay teens. They don’t have to worry about many of the things that I had to and things other had to worry about growing up.

Don’t get me wrong, I love hearing from readers and I will talk back and forth with a reader even when we don’t see eye to eye or they don’t agree with what I write. I am so happy for this reader that he can live in the open and all of his friends, gay and straight, have accepted him. He doesn’t have to look over shoulders wherever he goes and hide who he is. That freedom and acceptance is what the past generations paid with their blood and lives; to give this generation a chance to live in the open!

To this reader; learn about and remember what those in generations before you did. Learn about the kid that was forced out of a bar, tied to a fence on the out skirts of Laramie, Wyoming. He was pistol whipped, beaten and left to die. When he was found, he was rushed to a Ft. Collins, Colorado hospital, but ultimately died. This tragedy happened because of two young boys hating gays and they were blinded with that hatred. One of the two defendants testified fully to avoid the death penalty. The second defendant was spared the death penalty when the murdered boy’s parents stood up in open court asking, on behalf of their son, that the court to not impose the death penalty.

I know that a lot of my characters that are straight are betrayed in a hateful manner. I also have other straight characters that are betrayed in the good light. Chase, Franseca, Grandpa Al, Daniel Sr., Toni, Alan, and I could go on and on. If you truly look at my stories, I have evil characters, but I have a lot more good straight characters than I do evil ones. I know at times I might be biased, but I try to even that out with the other characters in my stories.

Now let’s get to my thoughts on the story. I really love writing the story with love between couples. Alex and Matt are really falling deeply and totally in love with each other, and as I gave away already, I will not break these two apart down the line. They will be tested like any relationship, but come out on the other side still together and solid.

Franseca knew about her son before Alex told her that he is gay. Just like Jacob, she accepted him for who he is. She loves her son and doesn’t want to lose out on having him around. Her reaction helped Alex over a very hard bump in the road!

I am bringing in Lorenzo and Ismail for the first time I this chapter. They were mentioned in one chapter in the past, but this is the first time they actually were around. You can see how much they love their big brother and can’t wait until he comes home. I never mentioned their ages, but they are in junior high school, not high school yet.

Alex is realizing on this trip home on how much he missed being with his brothers when they were younger. He was so involved in gang life; he didn’t care about his family. Alex wants to change that and wants to be with only his family. I really hope that works out for him and his brothers. Alex looks like he is learning a lot in such a short period.

I told you guys about the “cat fight” between Franseca and Gloria in “Jacob”, but I didn’t go into detail. In my writers corner I mentioned that you will have to wait for this chapter. So many of you readers have wrote me and wanted to see Gloria get her butt kicked. One reader gave me this idea and I wrote it in. I hope you all like this scene and enjoyed reading that Gloria got what she has deserved for a very long time. Who do you guys think would have won this fight if they didn’t get pulled apart?

Love oh my, love making is a wonderful thing. Matt and Alex finally had a chance to make true passionate love with each other. Not once, but twice in several hours. They didn’t have to worry about a guard or another resident walking in on them. They could be with each other and make love as it is meant to be.

Chase seems to have taken to Alex and Matt. He isn’t holding the past against Alex. Not only because Jacob asked him not to, but he sees what Jacob sees in Alex. Chase also got told by Alex about him being gay. Chase accepted in a blink of an eye and tried to help Alex and Matt by telling them some of what Jacob went through.

I know that I only covered a couple of days in this chapter, but they were filled with excitement. I couldn’t stop writing about each plot once I started writing it. I love when I got these guys in the free. I knew I would have a lot more to write about in this chapter.

I am going to do something again, but don’t get used to it! I am going to do it as a teaser for you all to come back. I have been working hard on what to do to open new plots for this story. There isn’t much I can when they are locked up, so I figured out a way to get them out of there. Now, when and how that happens, you will need to stay tuned. I will only tell you is it will happen soon.

Right now, so many plots in this story your head is spinning on what is going on. As the chapters finish, you cannot wait for the next posting of the new chapter. I really thank you guys for coming back week after week, and reading my postings. I hope I will never let you guys down. As far as drama in the storylines are concerned.

I do not want to say too much more and spoil the future chapters to come, so I won’t. I warn you though! Do not skip a chapter, or you will be lost. There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}


EDITOR’S CORNER:

The torture and murder Jacob referred to in his comments is the story of Matthew Shepard, age 21. Matthew’s torture and beating happened on October 7, 1998 and Matthew died five days later on October 12, 1998.

Matthew’s story gained nationwide attention and resulted in the adoption of several Hate Crime Laws but it took until 2009 for a Federal Law to come onto the books.

The issue of violence against gays has been in the forefront of the news in LGBT publications for years but only a truly horrific event such as Matthew Shepard ever brings national attention.

I have had the privilege of hearing Matthew’s Mother, Judy Peck, speak at the Cathedral Of Hope Church, here in Dallas. Judy Peck delivers a wonderful message of love and acceptance that is also based in dedication to standing up for the protection and rights of gays everywhere. She is a totally amazing woman that exudes love in the shadow of a horrid loss. She is much bigger a forgiving person than I could be under similar circumstances.

The Cathedral of Hope Church here in Dallas is the world’s largest church ministering to the GLBT community.

I encourage all readers, of all ages, to learn about gay history. Find out how we got to be where we are today. Our heritage is rich albeit riddled with strife and violence at times.

Until next time,
“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2013 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Mud wrestling anyone. I figured Fran already knew about Alex but I loved the way she reassured him. Alex is very lucky to have Fran as his mother.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..