Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Beneath the Mask - 23. Chapter 23

Steve couldn’t stop thinking about what he had found out the day before on Alex’s curfew. Out of all of them that got released, Alex should be the one required to go straight home after school and not allowed to go anywhere else except school and that is it. In Steve’s mind Alex is a gang leader who tried to kill people.

He kept banging his head against the wall until his parents asked him to go outside and find something to do. Steve doesn’t know what to do with himself; he just walked around the neighborhood with the same thing on his mind, the curfew. Steve somehow found himself walking up to Robert’s front door.

At first he didn’t want to knock, and then he decided to knock and then decided against knocking. Steve decided to just go back home. He started to walk down the walk way when he heard the front door of the house open. Before he could turn around, Robert called out to Steve.

Steve walked back up to the front door. “I am sorry for bothering you. I was walking and somehow I ended up here as I walked thinking about stuff. I am really bothered about what we found out about Alex’s curfew. I don’t like the idea that he actually……..”

Robert put his finger against his lip to quiet Steve down. He closed the door and pulled Steve to the end of the walkway. As they walked underneath a huge tree, Robert looked back at his house to see if anyone is looking out of the windows. He didn’t see any of the curtains or blinds cracked open, but he knows that doesn’t mean they aren’t watching.

“I don’t know what your problem with Alex and his curfew is Steve. Damn we are lucky that we got out of that fucked up place. I don’t care if my curfew is at six or ten, I am out of that place. If you keep this up, they might pull this from us. Do you want that Steve?”

Steve stood there under the tree kicking the dirt around. “Robert you know that Alex is the worst of all of us. That is why this is bothering me so much. If any of us should get a later curfew it should be me, you and yes, maybe Matt but not Alex. This guy runs a gang, beats up people and maybe even has them killed. Yet, he has a later curfew than us.”

“If I was you, I would just leave this alone and let me tell you why. Alex’s friend Jacob’s grandfather is a senior advisor to the Governor of Texas. Jacob’s grandfather is the one that got the ball rolling to get us what we got. It is because of Alex’ connections we are free. They wanted to lock us in protective custody and throw the key away. You and I have seen that the gangs in that place can touch people in protective custody.”

Steve nodded his head in agreement to what Robert is saying. “The Governor himself gave Alex and Matt their walking papers because their judge wouldn’t sign off on it. Then the Governor asked the District Attorney to get our judges to sign off on us. The way the Governor asked didn’t leave it up to the District Attorney to say no. Now the District Attorney is the State Attorney. As you can see, Alex actually helped us get out.”

“I didn’t know all this that you are telling me. I thought Alex and Matt had their judges sign off on their paperwork. Now what you are telling me makes a lot of sense why they have different rules than us. To tell you the truth I am surprised to see you defending Alex. You know what you have told me his gang had done to you in County.”

“You just answered yourself, his gang, not him. When Alex found out, he took action to make sure it didn’t happen again to anyone else. Alex is not the one that did it to me. Yes, when I first saw him, I couldn’t move from where I stood. But it didn’t take long for me to see a side of Alex that no one talks about.”

Robert and Steve stood under the tree talking a little longer. It is approaching six really fast and Steve needs to get home before six. They kissed each other before Steve took off. As he walked home, he felt good after talking with Robert about what is bothering him. It does make a lot of sense to him now about the difference between Alex’s curfew and his.

Matt woke up from his nap to find Alex still asleep at his side. He crawled out of bed as softly and quietly as possible. He grabbed his running pants, put them on and left the room to head to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

He didn’t even hear the bathroom door open and Lorenzo walk in. Matt started to shampoo his hair when he heard the toilet flush. Out of reflex, Matt opened his eye to see who is there, but ended up getting shampoo in his eyes. He started to curse as he turned around to wash the shampoo out of his eyes.

Matt heard laughing which told him that the person in the bathroom isn’t Alex. He got most of the shampoo out of his eyes when he cracked the shower curtain open. Standing at the sink not doing anything but looking at himself in the mirror is Lorenzo.

“Hey Lorenzo what’s up man? Did you need to something from me or your brother?” Matt spoke as he wiped away the water from his face.

“You know you can’t hide behind that shower curtain because it is a see through. I can see you no matter if you crack the curtain or not.” Matt smiled and let the curtain close. He turned off the water so he could hear Lorenzo better. “Can I ask you a weird question Matt?”

“You can ask me anything you want Lorenzo.” Matt reached to grab the towel.

“When my brother got locked up, he liked girls. He dated girls and had sex with girls, but now he doesn’t. After being locked up with you, he now likes guys. Did you turn my brother gay? If so, can he go back to being straight again?”

Matt dried himself off, wrapped the towel around himself and got out of the shower. “With what I know of you so far Lorenzo, you are a very smart guy. You know that a person can not be turned gay if they are straight. They might experiment with gay stuff, but not get into a full relationship like your brother and I are in. He loves me and I love him like a boy and girl do when they are together.

I don’t know what to tell you about him having sex with girls before going in when he is gay. You will need to speak with Alex about that. I won’t even assume why, but with what I know. I can probably tell you the answer, but again you need to get that from your brother. He will answer anything you have to ask him.

I guess what I am trying to say is that no I didn’t turn your brother gay. He has always been gay, but never acted on it. The answer to your other question is since he is gay, he won’t go straight. Just like I said you can’t turn a straight guy gay or a gay guy straight. No matter what you hear, you can’t do that.”

“Oh, I just thought I would ask you. Do you really love my brother or are you using him? Because if you are using him, you will hurt him. I can see that he really loves you. You have to be blind not to see that.”

Matt sat down on the toilet to put on his sweats. “I really do love your brother with all of my heart. The first day I saw him walk into the facility I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to have such a hunk for my roommate. I never thought he was like me, but when I found out, I was the happiest man on earth. I am still the happiest man on earth!”

Lorenzo didn’t say or ask anything else of Matt. He just walked out of the bathroom as quietly as he walked in. Matt just stood there not knowing for sure if he satisfied Lorenzo or not. All he knows is that he had a few questions and he asked them.

Matt walked straight from the bathroom to his room. Matt walked in and closed the door with his back towards Alex. He didn’t even look to see if Alex is awake yet as he closed the door. That is why when he heard Alex’s voice, he jumped.

“Hold on there Matt, what has you so jumpy? It is not like we have to sneak around my mother’s house. She and my brothers know that you and I are together. So what is going on that has you so jumpy?” Alex stretched as he stood up.

“Sorry, I didn’t know that you were awake when I walked in. I just had the weirdest talk with your little brother Lorenzo. He walked into the bathroom while I was in the shower and started to ask me questions.”

Matt walked over to Alex and sat down on the bed. Alex joined him on the bed as he told Alex everything that his little brother had asked him. He also told Alex how he answered the questions Lorenzo had for him. The whole time, Alex sat there just listening to what Matt had to say, not interrupting him once.

“So that’s what happened between me and your little brother. I hope you aren’t angry with me for not only answering questions that your brother had, but being naked. I know I should have locked the door to the bathroom, I just wasn’t thinking at the time.”

“Don’t worry about that Matt. I know you and it wasn’t like you walked into his room naked. He walked into the bathroom, used it and stayed to talk with you. None of that is your fault, nor is it really his either.

I should have told you that my little brothers have been asking questions about us. It was just a matter of time that they would ask you questions. You did it right by answering them and sending them to me on questions that you don’t have the answer to. I want you and my brothers to get to know each other and that way you guys can get close.

Now as far as the girls I dated and had sex with before being locked up I know I never talked to you about them. I did date girls and yes I had sex with them. As I had sex with them I thought about a cute guy from the neighborhood or TV. I never once got hard any other way. Like I have told you, I have known that I am gay since puberty. I just dated those girls and had sex with them to keep my standing with my father and the gang.”

“There is not need for you to explain yourself to me about what you did before we got together. I never told you my past and you never have to tell me yours. We love each other and we are together. That is all that is to it.”

Alex leaned over to kiss Matt, but Matt pushed him away teasing him. “You need to take your stinky butt to the bathroom and take a shower. There is no way I will have dinner with you smelling like you just had sex.”

As they laughed, Alex leaned in and kissed Matt. This time Matt didn’t push him away. They kissed awhile without coming up for breath. Alex finally broke the kiss and walked out of the room to take shower before dinner. Matt couldn’t help himself from getting hard as he watched Alex walk out of the room naked.

After dinner, Alex and Matt asked to speak with Al and Jacob. They agreed and headed to the study. Still not used to being in Jacob’s house, Alex felt weird whenever he walked around it. He knows it should be over it, but he isn’t yet.

“So Alex what is it that you and Matt need to speak with me and my grandfather about? I hope everything is running smoothly with your printing company. With what I have been told, you guys have more business than you can handle right now.”

“Yeah we do Jacob and thank you for your help. We should be independent a lot sooner than we originally thought. But for now let’s stay with the dates we already have.” Alex sat down in the chair in front of the desk. “The reason we needed to talk with you isn’t the amount of work we have.

I know this might make me and Matt look bad, but we felt we needed to talk with you guys about this. As you guys know we had a problem setting the alarm as we left the building today. What you guys don’t know is that we found a couple of doors cracked open on the first floor in the back. We don’t know who did that or when they did it.”

“You called me for help and I can’t ask for anything more than that. What your employees do I can’t really hold it against you two. What we can hold against you two if this keeps happening and you guys don’t try to fix it. So what do you guys plan to do to fix this problem where it doesn’t happen again?”

Alex and Matt explained to Jacob and Al what they decided to do when ever they are the only ones in the building. At the same time they promised to find out who was the one that cracked the doors open and let that person go.

“I really like your plan and it will work. No, as far as finding out who did this, you will never find out. You will get close, but you will never know one hundred percent you have the right person. Plus you guys don’t want to fire people when you can’t prove that person is the one that did it. Just follow your plans and it won’t happen again.”

“Alex and I were thinking that maybe cameras can be installed in the lobby. The reason we are thinking that is because we didn’t even know that someone had left the print shop. Now this new plan we know it will work, but we want to play it safe.”

Al looked at Jacob before answering the question that Matt presented. “We will look into that on Monday, but again. Jacob and I trust you and you guys will make sure this doesn’t happen again. If we go that route it isn’t because we don’t trust you guys, it is because of your recommendation to do so.”

They all agreed to leave the cameras for a later date to decide on. Al felt good with the conversation he and Jacob just had with Alex and Matt. They all walked out of the study together. Al headed to his side of the house, Jacob and Matt went to the TV room and Alex went over to help his mother do the dishes.

Before Matt could even sit down, Lorenzo and Ismail pulled him out of the TV room and down to the game room. Matt didn’t fight them; he walked down to the basement and joined the game they already had started on the Sega Saturn. Matt noticed that Lorenzo and Ismail started to act with him as they act with Alex. That is making Matt feel even more part of Alex’s family. He now has little brothers that he never had before.

The next day, Ron sat with Alex and Matt to teach them how the accounts work. After spending the morning on the machines, Alex and Matt spent the entire afternoon in Ron’s office. By the time they left work, their heads hurt with all the information that had been given from Ron. The information that ranged from how to handle a client, the print jobs all the way to how to schedule the print jobs on the floor.

This time they didn’t have a problem locking up the building when they left, which put Alex at ease. All the way to the house, they tried to make plans for what to do once they got there.

“No matter what we decide to do you guys, it is going to take money that we don’t have. I think what we need to do is just hang around the house and maybe Jacob and Dewayne have plans that we can tag along on. Other than that, we are stuck hanging at home until we start getting paid.” David spoke in a mellow voice to the others.

“I agree we need to see what Jacob and Dewayne have planned. By the time we get home, Dewayne should have been home for awhile. If they are going anywhere, they would have made up their minds already. Just maybe we can tag along with them if they will let us.” Tom spoke almost in a whisper.

Alex couldn’t figure out why Tom and David are speaking so low. It isn’t as if they are talking wrong about someone and they are sitting near them. Alex just sat back in his seat and didn’t say anything. He just listened to them talk about doing something as soon as they get home. None of them, Alex included, wants to hang around the house.

Tom drove up to the house and parked in the street. They got out and headed into the house to find no one downstairs. They know Dewayne has gotten home from work because both of Jacob’s vehicles are parked in the driveway. Still they didn’t find them or anyone in the rooms on the first floor.

When they reached the kitchen, they suspected to find Franseca there, but she isn’t. Now they are jus looking at each other trying to see if the other might know what is going on. No one said a word, just stood in the kitchen thinking how weird this is.

“My mom is probably at our house relaxing. Remember, on the weekends she only cooks and straightens up. She doesn’t stay here the entire day on Saturday and Sunday. Also we know that Jacob and Dewayne are here somewhere because their vehicles are in the driveway. Since I have been here, I haven’t seen Jacob go anywhere unless he is driving. I might be wrong on that because I have only been here for a month.”

Alex looked at everyone as they nodded their heads in agreement except Matt. Matt just stood there in silence. Just then, Lorenzo and Ismail walked in from the basement. Everyone turned around to see the two younger copies of Alex’s smile with their cups of Kool Aid in their hands.

“Where is everyone Lorenzo?”

Lorenzo looked up at Tom and just shrugged his shoulders up and down. “I don’t know where Jacob and Dewayne are, but my mom is at our house watching TV. Mr. Al and Mrs. Virginia are over there.” Lorenzo pointed to their side of the house. “And you guys, well you are standing here in the kitchen.”

Everyone laughed at Lorenzo’s remark. Tom even laughed at what Lorenzo told him. He asked a general question and he got a general answer to the question. Tom walked out of the kitchen followed by David.

Alex and Matt walked over to their house and noticed that the back door to the house next to them is open. They turned and walked over to the house to see who or what is going on. Alex knocked on the back door, but didn’t hear anything so he walked in.

“We shouldn’t just walk into the house Alex. We don’t know who is here or what is going on. Plus, if Gloria is in here she will think the worst of us being here.”

Alex ignored Matt and continued walking in. Reluctantly, Matt followed Alex in the house and they started to make their way to the front of the house. They didn’t hear any noise at first, and then they heard voices coming from the back of the house. The voices didn’t sound like anyone they know. Alex turned and motioned Matt to stay.

He kept walking down the hall, while Matt stood back near the front door watching Alex as he makes his way down the hall. Just as Alex reached the end of the hall, he slowly peeked into the room where all the voices are coming from. He sees four kids sitting there looking at a magazines.

He looked over to Matt and put up four fingers to tell Matt that is how many that is in the house. Matt just starred at Alex not knowing what he wants him to do. Without warning, Alex walked into the room and scared the four kids. They jumped up from the floor and looked around to see if there is another way out, but they quickly realized that there isn’t.

“What are you kids doing in this house?” Alex lowered his voice to sound angry. “Come on don’t look at each other for the answer, just answer the question. Why are you guys here in the house you aren’t supposed to be in?”

One of the kids dropped the magazine they were looking at. Alex looked down at the magazine and couldn’t help but laugh. They are looking at Playboy magazines. Alex moved from the door over to the four kids at the far end of the room.

“You guys shouldn’t be in here looking at these.” Alex bent down and picked up the magazine the kid dropped. “Nothing wrong about looking at these magazines, but there is something wrong looking at them in this house.”

He noticed the kids shaking as he stood in front of them. “There is no need to be scared of me. Just do me a favor and don’t come into this house anymore. It won’t be empty much longer and I don’t want my friend’s mother to catch you guys in here. She is really mean and won’t give you a chance to explain why you are in here. She will shoot first and ask questions later.”

All the kids nodded their heads up and down. Alex walked with them out of the house to the front door to let them out. He called the kid back that dropped the magazine and handed it back to him. He smiled at Alex as he grabbed the magazine from him.

“You’re cool man, thanks for not going berserk on us. We were wrong about you and for that we are sorry. Tell Ismail that he can hang with us anytime he wants. We won’t get him into any trouble, I promise!”

“No problem I will mention it to my little bro. You know Ismail and Lorenzo hang out together a lot? More than likely if Ismail hangs with you, my other brother will join as well. It is like a package deal with those two.”

“Not a problem, we think Lorenzo is cool too. He wouldn’t become our friend because we didn’t want to let Ismail hang with us. We thought Ismail was like you and didn’t want anything to do with him. Now seeing how cool you are, we have no problem hanging with him or you if you want.”

This time Alex laughed at what the second kid said when he walked up to him. “No that is okay, I have my friends I hang with. If you are around when I hang with my brothers, I have no problem on hanging with you guys. Just don’t keep going into empty houses around here. The next time you get caught, you might not be so lucky.”

The four kids nodded their heads in agreement to Alex and walked down the street. Alex closed the door and locked it. They walked around to house to see how they got in. They found the screen to the kitchen window off and the window open. Alex closed the window, locked it. Before leaving, they made sure the entire house is locked up tight.

As they walked over to their house, Franseca walked out of the back door. She looked at her son and his boyfriend as they walked towards the house. She waved them over to her so she could speak with them.

“You guys worked a little longer than you worked yesterday.” Alex and Matt didn’t say a word as the reached Franseca. “The reason I need to speak with you is to let you know that you guys need to be careful. As you can see, the construction workers have the frame of the walls up. In the next couple of days they are going to have the walls up and they will start knocking down the walls in the houses. That means there is going to be a mess for a while. But by Wednesday the houses should be joined, at least that is what I understand. They have made this promise to Al several times in the past already.”

“If they get the work done by Wednesday that will mean our house is going to be part of Jacob’s?” Alex pointed to his house and over to Jacob’s as he talked.

“Yes that is what it means. It has been in the making ever since they bought this house. It never really belonged to Beth just as it doesn’t belong to me either. We get to live in the house rent free for my services over the weekend. I hope you don’t have a problem with that Alex.” Franseca asked with a worried look on her face.

“No mom I have no problem with it at all. In fact I like the idea because that way people don’t see us walking back and forth from one house to the other. I just wondered why it took so long for it to happen, that’s all.”

Franseca expression on her face changed from worried to happiness. She told the boys that dinner should be ready in an hour, so don’t wonder off anywhere as she walked over to Jacob’s house. Alex walked into his house and sat down on the couch. Matt joined him on the couch, resting his head on Alex’s lap.

Before they knew it, they both dozed off on the couch. They didn’t plan it, but it happened. This time though they got woken up with knocking on the door. Alex got up to see who is banging so hard on his door. When he looked out of the living room window, he sees Carlos standing at his front door.

He unlocked the door and let Carlos in. “Why are you banging on my door that hard? If my mother was here she would have gotten scared and then upset with you. As it is I am not too happy with you knocking on my door like that.”

“Sorry about that Alex, but I needed to talk with you about something urgent.” Carlos walked over to the chair and sat down. “Our old gang found out that I moved in with my grandparents. When I got home, I found them waiting for me on the street in front of my house. We are in trouble Alex; I mean really big trouble now that they know where I live. It won’t take them long to figure out where you live now.”

As Carlos told his tale, Alex couldn’t believe what he is saying. If they found out where Carlos lives, they will put together where he is going to school. If they can’t get him at his house they will try and get him at school. When that happens, they will find everyone they are looking for all in one area.

“You need to call the police so they can clear the street for you to get home. If you stay here past your curfew, all of us are in trouble. In the mean time I will reach out and try to see if I can get these guys off of our backs somehow short of rejoining the gang. I know how they think and they will settle for something else if I can deliver it.”

At first Carlos didn’t want to call the police, but finally agreed to. He got up and called them as Alex tried to figure out what to do from there. They will clear the street for now, but they will come back. When they can’t get Carlos at his house, they will try and get him at school. They won’t stop until they get the one they have found and then move on from him to whoever else Mr. Flores put a hit on.

Matt tapped Alex on the shoulder to listen into Carlos’s phone call. The minute Alex started to pay attention to Carlos phone; it was oblivious that he isn’t talking with the police. In fact it sounds like he is talking either with his mother or grandmother on the other end. But whoever it is, it isn’t the police and that didn’t make Alex happy.

Alex walked up to Carlos to see what he is doing. Carlos hung up the phone when he saw that Alex isn’t happy with him. Not saying a word at first, Carlos walked over to the chair where he was sitting and sat back down.

“I talked with my grandparents and they told me that they went out and confronted them. They told them that if they are looking for me, they are looking at the wrong grandparents. I did move in with my grandparents, but my father’s parents in Florida. So if they want me that bad, they need to go to Florida to get me.”

Both Alex and Matt looked at Carlos not knowing what to say. “Did they believe your grandparents or did they just look like they believe them?”

“You know my grandparents have lived around that kind of stuff all their lives. They can read a gang member better than anyone can. They believed my grandparents and they left immediately afterwards.

You know as well as I do if they didn’t believe them, they wouldn’t have left. Instead they would have stayed there demanding for them to bring me out. They aren’t afraid of what will happen to them with the police. They are more afraid of failing Mr. Flores.”

“You are right on that Carlos, they are more afraid of the leadership of the gang than the police. At the same time, they really want us and they almost had you. You have to be very careful for the next couple of days. Find different routes home and to school as well if you see something that is out of the normal, report it. If you are found Carlos, the rest of us are found.”

They sat there putting together different routes to and from school to Carlos house and at the same time what to do if he sees something that shouldn’t be there. By the time Carlos left Alex’s house they had a plan in place to protect Carlos and the others. They hope they don’t have to test it, but if they do, they will be more than willing to do so.

Alex pulled Matt up from the couch so they could make their way to the kitchen for dinner. He noticed that Matt looked not only worried, but angry as well. He knows what Matt is thinking because he is thinking the same thing. Carlos’ hard headedness is putting everyone in jeopardy. No one really knows if the gang believed Carlos’ grandparents. They are hoping they did and won’t come back, but time will only tell.

As they walked in, they found everyone walking in at the same time. Alex and Matt sat down and waited for the food. They served themselves as the plates of food went around the table. Before the last plate of food got completely around the table, everyone was talking to each other. There are four or five different conversations going on at once.

All of the sudden Jacob asked for everyone’s attention. “As you all know since we bought the other house next door to Franseca’s, we are going to join that house with this house and my grandparents. Since we have knocked down the walls between all the houses, it gives us a lot more room in the back yard.

One of the things that we have already changed is the size of the pool. It will be bigger and it will be heated as originally planned. We also decided to add a weight room off to the left of the swimming pool, against my grandparents’ house. I guess what I am trying to get to is that do you think we will get use out of that weight room?”

All at once everyone gave their opinion about it. In different ways they all say yes that the weight room is a good idea to have. Jacob just nodded his head as everyone talked and eventually they returned to the conversations they were having before Jacob asked the question about the weight room.

Not even planning it, they found themselves outside at the park playing basketball. Everyone joined wanted to play, and because of that they had enough people to make two teams. Once the teams were decided, they stayed out in the park playing several games of basketball. None of them felt the chill in the air. In fact they all taken off their jackets because they are playing full court and they are sweating up a storm.

To Alex’s surprise he and Matt subbed out and sat down watching the others play. Alex still noticed that Matt isn’t himself. Every now and then he showed himself, but went right back into his protective worried mode.

“I know you are worried about what is going on with Carlos. If I were to tell you I’m not worried, I would be lying to you. I love where I am right now and I don’t want it taken away from me. At the same time Carlos and I have known each other since we were in diapers. There isn’t anything we wouldn’t do for each other.

With that said I know he is doing some dumb stuff right now. I don’t think he is going over to our old hanging ground, but I don’t think he is keeping a low profile either. He thinks he is luck y and that his luck won’t run out. I really hope for his sake and mine that his luck doesn’t run out. If it does we are both screwed.”

“What I don’t understand is when you say you like it here, but yet you let Carlos do what he is doing. You need to call the police since he doesn’t want to. You need to make sure that they don’t go around Carlos’ house and follow him to you.

This might get you mad, but I am going to say it anyways. I don’t care what happens to Carlos, but I care what happens to you. I don’t want to lose you now that we are free and able to really be together. That is what is going to happen by the looks of it. You will stand behind Carlos no matter what the cost is.”

Alex sat there not knowing how to answer Matt on that. He knows that Matt is right, but at the same time he can’t kick Carlos to the curb. Right now Carlos is the weak link and he needs to find a way to strengthen him up.

The others finished the game and they all headed home. Neither Alex nor Matt brought up the conversation again about Carlos. They dropped it as they joined the others in the TV room to watch a movie before heading off to bed.

Once the movie was over, Alex and Matt headed over to their house carrying Lorenzo and Ismail. They had fallen asleep halfway into the movie. Alex didn’t have the heart to send them back to the house when he noticed them nodding off to sleep.

Matt put Ismail in his bed as Alex put Lorenzo in his. Matt left Alex with his brothers so he can get them comfortable to sleep. Alex pulled off their shoes, but left them in their jeans and shirts. Just as Alex turned to leave, he heard Lorenzo mumble something to him. He turned and walked back over to Lorenzo to see what he had said.

“You and Matt are good for each other Alex. I really do like him and I am glad he is part of our family now. He makes you happy all the time. I never have seen you like this before, but I like it anyways. You play with us a lot more than you did before and I like that.” Lorenzo whispering to Alex like it is a big secret.

“Thank you for that little bro! I do really love him and he makes me feel things I have never felt before. I also know that I was wrong in the past when we lived in the old house not paying with you guys. I will never do that again I promise you that. No matter what I am doing I will always make time for you and Ismail.”

Alex leaned in and kissed Lorenzo on the forehead. He made sure that Lorenzo and Ismail were completely under the covers before he left their room. He walked in to find Matt getting his shower things together. As Matt walked past Alex he told him that he will be right back after taking a shower.

As soon as Matt left, Alex put together his shower stuff so he could take a shower once Matt is done. He didn’t even hear the tap on the door and the door opening. But once his mother walked in, he heard her clear her throat.

“Alex, can I speak with you for a few minutes please?” Franseca asked as she stood at the door of Alex’s and Matt’s bedroom.

“Sure mom; you don’t have to ask me to talk with you. This is your house, come in whenever you want to. I just hope you don’t walk in on me and Matt having sex!” Alex laughed as he sat down on the bed.

“I really don’t know where to start but to just start. I walked in to let you guys know that dinner was almost ready when Carlos was here. I didn’t mean to over hear what you, Carlos and Matt were talking about, but I did. I am your mother Alex and I don’t want to lose you now that I got you back. I have told you that so many times already.” Franseca started to tear up as she spoke.

“I don’t care if you get mad with me, but I will do whatever it takes to protect you. After dinner I spoke with Al about what I overheard. He right away got on the phone and got it taken care of. I won’t put your life on the line on a maybe. They are going to do a sweep and pick everyone up that they can. At the same time they are going to pick up patrols around his house, our house and the school.

You might be angry with me, but I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe. You got a chance that no one ever gets and you know that Alex. Please don’t mess this chance up now that everything is going so well for you.”

Alex wrapped his arms around his mother and pulled her into him. “Thank you mom for doing what we were too afraid to do. I know they won’t come around now that they see the police are everywhere. At the same time there will be no one to bother us. Most of them will be picked and in juvenile detention.”

Franseca got up to leave, but be before leaving, she turned around. “Your little brothers look up to you Alex and they can’t get you back and then lose you again as well me and Matt. Please keep that in mind whenever you are faced with a decision like you had earlier. That way you will do the right thing because of your family and Matt.”

She left leaving Alex actually feeling good about what she had done. He has always known that his mother will do anything to protect him. She won’t let anyone hurt her kids no matter who the person is. Although it wasn’t her fault, she blames herself everyday for letting his father turn him to gang life. Alex tries to tell his mother that it wasn’t her fault, but she believes it was. Every day she tries to make up for that.

Matt walked in refreshed from the shower. He looked over to se Alex smiling at him. As he walked over to Alex, Alex got up from the bed and hugged Matt. Alex whispered in Matt’s ear what his mother did for him. Matt wrapped his arms even tighter around Alex once he heard the news.

Alex let go to go take his shower, but kissed Matt before he left. After taking a long hot shower, Alex brushed his teeth and walked back to the room with his hair still wet. He still hasn’t got used to having long hair. Since he can remember he shaved his head, but now because of Matt he grew his hair out.

He walked in, put his clothes in the hamper and walked over to the bed. Just as he sat down on the bed, Matt grabbed his towel and patted dry Alex’s hair. He kept saying over and over again as he dried his hair that if he goes to bed with his hair wet, he will wake up with a sore throat. Alex just sat there giggling as Matt treated him like a king.

Alex leaned his head back, looking up at Matt. He started to kiss the air and didn’t stop until Matt leaned down and kissed him. They fell onto the bed kissing each other and stopped in order to crawl under the covers to get warmed up. Matt wrapped his arms around Alex as he laid his head as close as he could to Alex’s head. That way he can smell the greatest smell, Alex’s fragrance, as he falls to sleep.

The next morning Matt woke up first like he did in the center. He reached around Alex and started to feel down his body. He stopped when he reached Alex’s morning wood. Gently Matt moved Alex until he got him on his back. He couldn’t believe that he didn’t wake up Alex as he moved him.

Matt kissed Alex’s chest as he made his way to what he really wants, which is Alex’s dick. Very gently Matt pulled at Alex’s waist band of his boxers until he got it past Alex’s balls. Alex’s hard dick jumped right out of his underwear.

He looked out for beneath the covers to see if Alex has woken up yet, and to his delight Alex is still sound asleep. He went back under the cover and slowly swallowed Alex’s dick inch by inch until he started to deep throat Alex.

Slowly Matt came back up, but right when Alex’s dick almost came completely out of his mouth, he started to go back down. Loving the taste of Alex’s pre-cum, Matt swallowed every drop that Alex leaked. He didn’t even notice Alex had woken up. Matt just enjoyed what he has in his mouth right now.

Alex peeked under the covers to see his boyfriend taking care of his morning wood. He just closed his eyes and laid back to enjoy the morning services that Matt likes to give. Trying not to moan with the pleasure Matt is giving him is taking every bit of his willpower.

He started to feel that he is getting close to exploding; Alex didn’t know if he should warn Matt or not. He decided to just let Matt think that he is still asleep and he will get what is coming to him.

Just as he finished thinking that thought, Alex started to cum into Matt’s waiting mouth. Matt swallowed every bit of cum that Alex shot. Even when Alex stopped shooting, Matt kept sucking on his dick in hopes to get more from him. It didn’t take long for Matt to actually get Alex to shoot another load down his mouth.

Even Alex couldn’t believe that he could shoot that much cum in such a short period of time. He just laid there and let Matt suck him dry for the second time. This time once Matt realized that Alex got pumped clean, he let Alex’s dick slip out of his mouth. Just as gently as he pulled Alex’s boxers down, he pulled them back up.

Once Matt made sure that Alex’s dick is nice and snug back in his boxers, he kissed his way back up to Alex’s neck. As Matt cleared the blankets, he looked own at Alex and kissed him on the lips. Alex still didn’t know if he should let Matt know that he is awake or just wait until Matt either lay back on the bed or crawls out.

Alex didn’t have to think about that question very long because Matt started to pull out Alex’s lip. Alex opened his eyes to see a big smile across Matt’s face. He flipped Matt onto his back and returned the kiss that Matt is giving him.

Kicking off the covers, Alex started to kiss down Matt’s chest. He glanced over to the clock on the end table knowing that he doesn’t have a lot of time to return the pleasure to Matt that he had gotten from him. He pulled Matt’s underwear down and deep throated Matt’s hard cock.

Matt started to moan as Alex started to go up and down his dick. Matt wrapped his hands around the back of Alex’s head as he continued to blow him. Alex started to pick up speed making it very difficult for Matt to not cum. He wants this to last a little but longer, but Matt knows it just a matter of a moment or two now before he explodes.

He tried to pull Alex off of his dick, but Alex refused. Alex wants his milk shake like he just gave Matt for breakfast. A few more times up and down on Matt’s dick is all it took for Alex to get what he wants. Matt’s toes curled up and he pulled on Alex’s hair. That let Alex know that he is about to get what he wants, which is Matt’s cum.

Matt started to shoot cum shot after cum shot down Alex’s throat. Alex actually kept up with Matt’s explosion of cum. He loves every bit of cum that Matt is shooting down his throat. Once Matt stopped shooting, Alex made sure Matt’s dick is as he found it, nice and clean. Not a drop of cum or pre-cum was left anywhere.

Alex jumped out of bed with a big smile on his face. He walked over to the closet humming as he got his clothes and got dressed. Matt has the same smile on his face, but didn’t hum like Alex. They got dressed and ready for school as quickly as they could. Once they got ready, they grabbed their book bags and headed to the kitchen for breakfast and catch their ride to school.

Almost at the end of first period, the teacher pulled Alex into the hall. Alex walked out with him not knowing what he wants. He stood there as the teacher popped his head back into the classroom to quiet them down. Once he felt the other students are settled back into their seats, he walked over to Alex.

“After our talk last week, I thought long and hard about what you said. You had a lot of good points in what you told me about the sheet I handed out on how I will be doing the grading. Since I had already handed out the ditto on how I do my grading, I will follow that procedure for now on. Next semester I will revise my ditto and start grading my students the way I wanted to start this semester.

So you can rest assured that you will get the grade that you got on the assignment alone. Don’t think that you are going to make any friends in this class though. Once I let them know that I will be changing all the grades to the assignment grade, they won’t be happy. Most of them got lower marks on the assignment part than than they got on the verbal part. With the two grades added together gave them higher marks.”

“I understand what you are saying, but this mistake isn’t mine. I should not be mentioned as the person that asked you to go by what you told us you were going to do as far as grading us. All you need to do is tell my classmates that you are going to only take the assignment grade because that is what you told us is how you grade.”

The teacher opened the door to let Alex walk in. He took his seat and continued working on his assignment. As the bell rang, the teacher told the class about the change in their grades on last Friday’s assignment. They moaned and groaned as they walked out of the classroom, but none of them looked at Alex as the one that got the teacher to change the grades. He got up and walked out of the class with Matt right behind him.

“Alex, don’t tell me that you are the one that got the teacher to change the grades. I know you were upset with your grade, but you got everyone’s grade to go down in the class. Some of them will find out that it was you, and….”

“And what Matt? What are they going to do? Are they going to try and beat me up or run to the principal and tell on me for pointing out the wrong our teacher did. I got high marks on the assignment alone, but because he changed his grading procedure I got a failing grade in which I thought was unfair. You only lose what, two points off the grade you got for the assignment?”

“Yes that is true, but you can’t be doing that. You should have taken the grade and told our teacher for the future assignments. Now we have more enemies and that is what we don’t need right now Alex.”

“Matt, make up your mind on how you want me to act. One minute you are asking me to go to the right people and tell them what I feel is wrong. Then the next minute you are telling me to keep my mouth shut because you don’t want enemies. It’s one way or the other, but you can’t have it both ways Matt.”

Alex walked ahead of Matt as they walked into their second period. Matt kept trying to get Alex’s attention, but Alex didn’t give him the time of day. Alex ignored him all second period and when the bell rang he took off without waiting for Matt. Matt had to actually run in order to catch up with Alex.

“Come on Alex; please let me apologize for sending mixed signals to you. I was wrong for being the way I was with you before first period. I am….”

“No need to for that Matt. We will fight here and there, that is what relationships are all about. I am trying to be what you want me to be, but I can’t keep wondering if what I am doing won’t get you mad. You knew who I was when we met and I have changed a lot from that person. I am doing that for you because I want to be with you for good.

In the past I would have dealt with that issue differently if I even cared about it. I would have jumped our teacher in the parking lot to send the message. I am not like that anymore and you know that. Just don’t keep asking me to change when you keep changing the rules for me to follow.”

Matt didn’t think that he was laying down rules for Alex to follow. He loved the fact that Alex is trying so hard to change into a different person, but Matt doesn’t want to risk their relationship. If he pushes too hard, he can push Alex to go the other direction. That won’t do him or Alex any good if that happens.

They let go of the subject and by lunch time they talked with each other as if they didn’t just fight with each other. Jacob took everyone to Taco Bell for lunch in order for him to see Dewayne for awhile. Just like Friday, Dewayne couldn’t get away from the steam counter because the rush wouldn’t die down.

They returned back from lunch as always rushing to make it in time for their fourth period. After the announcements, a student walked into the classroom to deliver something to the teacher. The teacher looked at what the student handed her and then walked over to Alex. She whispered to him that the principal needed to see him.

Alex got up and walked out of the classroom. The same student that delivered the request followed Alex to the principal’s office. Every time Alex turned around to look at the student, the poor guy looked like he was about to shit his pants. Alex wants to laugh, but held it in so where he didn’t embarrass the kid.

As soon as he walked in, the principal greeted him and walked Alex to the conference room. When Alex walked into the conference room, it is his turn to almost shit his pants. Two uniformed police officers and a suit are standing in wait for him.

“Alejandro Garcia, please take a seat, we only have a few questions to ask you.” The one officer that is not in a suit pointed to a seat at the conference table.

“I have a standing rule whenever a student of mine is being questioned, I stay with that student to make sure he or she isn’t being taken advantage of. In other words I am going to stay in here and will stop this if I think you guys are reaching too far. If you have a problem with that, then you can wait until I get his parents down here.”

“I have no problem with you sitting in on this. In fact I would insist that you did. That way this student can’t say we did something or said something that we didn’t say or do.” The officers took a seat on the other side of the conference table.

“Now Mr. Garcia, we rounded up members of your gang yesterday and they told us a lot of things about you. It seems that you have broken your agreement with the courts and stayed in contact with your gang when you were told that you aren’t allowed to do so. According to them you met with them three to four times a week at your old house and ordered them to carry out certain things from drug running to hits.”

“Hold on before you continue with this line of questioning. Did these little kids say what time they met up with Alex on these occasions detective? Also did they say where exactly these meetings took place? Not a general location, but exact location.”

“Liked I said Principal Michaels they stated they met three to four times a week at Alejandro’s old house. That is pretty precise if you ask me. The time these meetings always took place was always late at night so Alex could keep his cover with his family.” The detective looked up from his notepad to see what Alex had to say.

“It is sad that you guys wasted your time coming down here. If you did your job right you would have found out that Alex has a monitoring device around his ankle. He has a curfew and if he is not in his house at that time, he would have been picked up for violation of his probation.”

The detective stood up and walked around the table. Alex moved his legs out from underneath the table and pulled up his pant leg for the detective to see. The detective knelt down and looked closely to the device to see if it has been tampered with. He got up once he saw that the device hasn’t been tampered with.

“I will check and see if his monitoring device ever went off on the dates in question. If it didn’t, Alejandro here is safe…..for now. But trust me Alejandro is just like his father and he will screw up and just like his father, when he does I will be there to put on the handcuffs. Once a person is a criminal, they are always a criminal.”

Just then the conference door opened and Jacob walked in. Principal Michaels stood up and walked over to Jacob. He told Jacob what is going on and what the detective just said. The entire time the detective and the two officers stood there wondering who this kid is that the principal is talking to.

“You guys don’t know who I am, but your bosses do. Before you leave I want your badge numbers and your direct supervisors. I successfully sued the city once and won and I can do it again. This time I will sue for the harassment that our police department is doing to a law abiding citizen. When I am done this time not only will Alex here walk away with millions, but your badges as well.”

The detective wrote down his name, badge number and supervisor. At the same time the uniformed police officers did the same thing. They started to walk out of the conference room when Jacob stopped them at the door.

“If you have any questions for Alex, you will go through his attorney of record. You aren’t allowed to ask him questions or say anything to him without his attorney present.” Jacob turned to walk over to Alex, but turned around again. “I would like a card from each of you. I know the police department makes out business cards for all their officers.

They pulled out their wallets and handed Jacob their business cards and walked out. Jacob looked at Alex and smiled at him. Alex got up and walked over to Jacob and the principal to see if it is okay for him to go back to class.

“Jacob, I’m sorry for pulling you out of class, but I had nowhere else to go. As you know I like to have parents present whenever one of my students are being questioned by an outside source. I called and spoke with Franseca Garcia, but she had no way to get down here. So tried to get a hold of you grandfather, but couldn’t reach him. So she asked me to get you to stand in her place.”

“Not a problem Principal Michaels, I have already finished my program. These police officers should know better than to question Alex without his attorney of record being present. In return they have to schedule a meeting, not just show up like this.

To make a long story short, something happened over the weekend that has the members of the gang that Alex was a part of pretty angry. They are willing to say anything to get themselves out of jail and that includes lying. By the looks of it that detective has a hard on for Alex and will do anything to get him back behind bars.”

Principal Michaels and Jacob looked at Alex as he nodded his head in agreement. Alex keeps thinking that it seems no matter what he does, he can’t get away from his old gang. Even when he doesn’t do something he gets the blame as if he did do it and the police believed that he is guilty of doing it without even needing proof.

“Principal Michaels, by the looks of it you had things under control when I walked in. I will let Franseca know what you did for Alex.”

“Yeah Principal Michaels, thank you for everything you did for me. Besides my family and very close friends, you are the only one that defended me without thinking twice about it. I know you have your doubts about me, but I hope I am proving to you that you have nothing to worry about with me attending your school.”

“You have shown me and your teachers that we have nothing to worry about. I hate when a person starts to get railroaded right before my eyes. I couldn’t sit there and let these guys do what they came down to do when they could have simply looked at your file. Once they saw that you are on a monitor and then had they checked that monitor to see if you ever were where these guys said you were, they would have not needed to come down here like they did and treat you like a criminal.”

Principal Michaels walked Jacob and Alex out of the conference room. He instructed his secretary to write Jacob and Alex a pass back to class. As they waited for their pass, they talked about what to do if they come back again.

Alex walked back to class knowing that Jacob has his back. This is something he has known since Jacob stood up in court to get him a second chance. When Alex walked into the classroom, he noticed Matt looking at him with a worried look. As he took his seat, he whispered to Matt hat he will tell him after class what happened.

Officer Jackson can’t wait to be released from the hospital. He is waiting is his doctor to sign his discharge paperwork and give him his prescriptions. Once that is done, he is ready to high tail it out of there and not look back. Officer Jackson got brought out of thought with a knock on the door.

He looked up in hopes it is his doctor to bid him farewell, but it isn’t. He doesn’t recognize the older person standing at his door. Not getting up, Officer Jackson waved the older gentleman in and over to a seat.

“Good afternoon sir, how may I help you?” Officer Jackson looked at the older gentleman with a confused look on his face.

“Good afternoon Officer Jackson, my name is Alfred Serna.” Al extended his hand and Jackson nodded it. “I am sorry to bother you here on the day you are about to be released, but I have heard nothing but good things about you. You look a little confused on who I am and why I am here, so let me clear the air.

I know one of the inmates you were in charge of while you worked at the Juvenile Detention Facility here in El Paso, Alejandro Garcia.” Officer Jackson nodded his head confirming what Al knows is true. “Anyway, he speaks very highly of you as do members of the Governor’s staff, which I am part of. I understand that they offered you the director position left vacant when Mr. Henderson got promoted, but you turned it down. May I ask why you did that sir?”

“I don’t like what Mr. Henderson did and that he used kids to get promoted. He looks good on paper because he fixed the detention facility. The problem with that is that he stepped on the kids to get it done. I can’t do that and that is what they are looking for; someone to continue where Mr. Henderson left off at. Who better than his second in command to do the job? That is why I turned down the job.”

“Okay, I see where you are coming from. Well, let me tell you a little bit about myself and what I would like you to do for me.”

Al took Officer Jackson through the company he has started from his first buy which is the McDonalds to his most recent purchases. The problems that are going on as far as money issues in the restaurants and security issues he will need to have systems in place in the future with the new building purchase all the way to the land purchases.

“So basically what I am offering you Officer Jackson is the head of my security. You will set up the security for my main building downtown and look over all what my grandson and I own. If we think there is stealing going on in the company, you will be the one we call on to look into it. Plus you will be responsible for a lot more that will be explained to you if you agree to take the job.”

Officer Jackson thought to himself that he has been looking to get out of watching criminals and into actual security work. Not only is Mr. Serna offering him that chance, he will be in charge of the whole thing. He knows he won’t get this offer anywhere else because they will have him start at the bottom.

He asked Al several questions from who does he report to if he takes the job all the way to where will his office be. Other things he needed to clear up such as who will do the hiring and training of the security staff and on and on. Al answered every single question that Officer Jackson asked to his satisfaction.

“You have just hired yourself the head of your new security department, Al. Just give me a couple of days to finish clearing out my office at the Detention Facility and I am all yours after that.”

Al got up and shook Officer Jackson’s hand and they agreed to meet on Wednesday to sign his contract with the company. Just as Al left the room, Officer Jackson’s doctor walked in with the discharge paperwork.

Al and Jacob went back and forth about hiring a security firm to take care of their security or create their own. Just last night they decided to create their own security and who they wanted to ask to run it. They like to go to people they either know themselves or have heard good things about from people they know and trust. Officer Jackson has come to them highly recommended from so many of their friends and associates.

TO BE CONTINED…………………….

WRITER’S CORNER:

{Welcome back everyone and thank you for reading another chapter of Beneath the Mask. When I first started writing this story, I thought I would have kept it in the detention facility, but it didn’t happen that way. Simply put, the plots were running thin and boring. I would have lost you as readers and that is why I chose to go this route.

I lot happened in this chapter such as we read the first fight between Alex and Matt towards the end of the chapter. In every relationship you are going to fight. I believe if you don’t fight, something is wrong. We can’t always agree with our boyfriend, girlfriends, husbands or wife’s all the time. If you find a couple that can do that and never fights, that couple should get an award of some kind.

The fight was small but you can see the little frustration Alex is starting to feel. He is getting pulled from so many people to do right. I know if someone keeps telling me the same thing over and over again it would get me angry even if they meant well. Alex knows what he needs to do and he is doing it. It is time to trust the kid.

Don’t get me wrong here; this is not the beginning of the end of Alex and Matt’s relationship. They are going to be together for good and I have said that many times in the past. They are living together and seeing the pros and cons of each other and they see things they were able to hide before and now can’t. You know they love each other with all their heart by looking at the way they make love and when they are together.

Let’s now move onto Carlos and what is going on there. I don’t know where to even go with this. It looks shady at the same time it doesn’t. I don’t think Carlos is working or part of the old gang because he had a hit on him before Alex got to the detention facility. It was Alex that removed the hit from Carlos. No I don’t think Carlos is doing anything wrong, but he is having some bad luck.

Poor Alex needs to watch out because he now knows that he has a detective out to get him. I liked when the principal stood up for Alex. Also I liked it when Jacob walked in and told them what is what. Still Alex needs to watch his back and make sure that he doesn’t get into any trouble. I know he will stay clean, but he must stay extra clean.

Alex and Matt are learning every part of the company and that is great. They need to know it that way they don’t have to depend on anyone. Give them a couple of months and they will be running the company without a problem.

Steve oh Steve; what is going on in that guys mind. He needs to let things go about the curfew and other things he might find out. I liked it when Robert told him what he didn’t want to hear. Basically there is nothing he can do and if he tries it will come back to haunt him. I think Steve will let it go and come back in as a good friend to Alex.

I really like it when I write about Lorenzo and Ismail because they are so young. They have so many questions and they are hungry for the answers. Lorenzo showed that in this chapter by talking with Matt while Matt was in the shower. Then he accepted Matt and told his brother Alex that. He and Ismail are so cute and adorable because of their youth.

I like when we see Franseca reach out and help her children. She is a strong, tough woman and will do whatever it takes to protect her children. No one better mess around with her children or they will end up on the loosing side. All that she cares about in her life is her kids and that they have a better life than she did.

Al appeared in this chapter at the end to hire Officer Jackson. Originally I had planned to write out Officer Jackson those several chapters ago when we found out he almost lost his life. Then I thought of this idea to bring him back into the stories. Officer Jackson will be in both stories; “Jacob Finding His Way” and this one. So once again here is another character that plots will open in one and continue in the other story.

Since this story received a makeover in the last four or so chapters. It is going to be very exciting in the chapters to come, trust me on that. Right now, so many of the old plots in this story I keeping, has your head spinning on what is going on. As the chapters finish, you can’t wait for the next posting of the new chapter. I really thank you guys for coming back week after week, and reading my postings. I hope I will never let you guys down as far as the drama in the storylines are concerned.

I don’t want to say too much more and spoil the future chapters to come, so I won’t. I warn you though! Don’t skip a chapter, or you will be lost. There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}

EDITOR’S CORNER:

Alex and Matt had their first quarrel. I can see where Alex was getting mixed messages from Matt. I can see where Matt’s head is also. They resolved it the right way. They talked it out. Matt realizes he has to be more quietly supportive of Alex. Alex, generally, has good instincts and he has the motivations to live right. Matt needs to back off and let Alex have some wiggle room.
On the other hand, Carlos seems to be a potentially dangerous wild card and Alex’s loyalty to Carlos may leave Alex and Matt vulnerable. I think we all knew that the gang influence wasn’t going to just die out. Alex needs to find a way to get Carlos channeled where he isn’t compromising their mutual safety and security. The police rounding up the gang members in the sweep will only be a temporary detour.

Principal Michaels has shown to be a fair and honorable man keeping his fears about Alex and Matt at bay and letting the boys’ behavior and academic record become the proof they are no threat to his school and students. He also stood right up to the police when they started railroading Alex running on assumptions that were so left field from the facts.

I was very pleased with Alex and Matt going to Jacob and Al about the security concerns. These guys are being so vigilant that nothing they touch compromises their reputation with those around them.

Lorenzo and Ismail are great “warm fuzzy” factor! Their youth and innocence does for the story what kids to for real life. I could write pages on the wonder of young kids and the way that they show adults how living life should be done. Lorenzo is fast catching on to some adult concepts as he makes his observations about Alex and Matt’s relationship. He also shows that he has a backbone when he confronted Matt in the bathroom. He’s going to do what he can to protect his elder brother. I’m sure there’s going to be more fun and interesting exchanges as time goes on.

Officer Jackson has gotten back to health finally. I’m glad this man didn’t suffer any permanent or debilitating damage. He proved himself to be a morally and ethically centered man. Now he’s going to go to work for Al and Jacob in what I am sure is going to be a lucrative position. He’s earned it and deserves a good break.

I still wonder about Mr. Henderson and what justice will ever come his way.

With all that said, I’ll say,

Until next time!
“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2013 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

No matter how hard Alex tries he seems to be dammed if he dies and dammed if he doesn't. He not only has old gang members after him now he has the police after him. All he wants to do is stay clean, work,and be with Matt and his family. Steve I can see his reasoning to a point he doesn't have all the info of how they got out and everything so yeah finding out that the gang leader and his boyfriend are free to roam til ten at night whereas they are house bound at six could tick ya off. But once everything is explained he changes his mind

Good chapter

Link to comment

I so much miss all the stories written by Jacob. Jacob, I know you had some Heartbreaking events with your family. I also know that you may have gone to school. But I reread your stories several times, now I hope you will consider starting up again soon and bring the stories to a happy conclusion's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..