Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story contains the "Point of View" system, so the reader can now hear from others, along with Joey, our main narrator in the last book. 
Warning: Story contain bad language throughout and scenes of a sexual nature. Reader discretion is advised.

The Saturday Boy: Two Years On - 8. Epilogue - How It All Turned Out


Joey

After getting back from my pampering day with Mum, things seemed a little bit different. So different as in I felt like a weight bad been lifted from me. Things between Jack and me continued to settle down too. We talked a lot more and I became less paranoid when I saw him talk to other guys in the club. I felt like we had been on this long journey of discovery. Kind of like a new star that had now collected all its matter and was about to ignite. A star that was now ready to settle down into a gentle burn.

My therapy sessions were going well and although I had been initially pessimistic about the whole thing, some of what my therapist said made a lot of sense. We went back to my childhood and discovered triggers that led to me being the way I was. She suggested that I had not had the support from my parents that I maybe should have had. That part made a lot of sense. She also said that because I was scared of not being noticed by my parents that in turn led to my rather compulsive behaviour.

Jack had started his new job which was going really well. He seemed to be a different person now that he was earning his own money. He always seemed to have an interesting day that gave us something to talk about other than the club.

We had started to save too. I got the feeling Jack really wanted us to have a place of our own. It was not something I had put a lot of thought into, but he had convinced me that our future needed to be away from the club for our own sanity. The club was rather like a bubble somehow, and with all of us together it felt like we had no space… no time to miss anyone.

Since mum had had a talk with me I became less reliant on Roman for support. It was probably good timing because Olly took up Roman's time more and more. It was nice to see them both happy, but I often felt they were distant with each other. I had asked Roman if there was anything wrong, to which he replied no, but something was there, even if it was small.

Some other big news that came my way was that Dean had gathered the courage to tell his parents about James. After the phone call, Dean seemed to go on a communication blackout, but from what Vince told me, they called the police and it is being dealt with as a private family matter. I think that was code for me to not ask too many questions. I felt really sorry for Dean's parents. Just as they had got their eldest Son back, they find out he is an incestuous rapist. Most of all I felt sorry for Dean though, because he was the biggest victim out of this and yet he will probably suffer the most, which is so often the case. After finding out I had the lovely responsibility of telling everyone who didn't know. Of course, I got Dean's permission telling him that it would be better coming from me rather than reading it in a paper if the media ever got hold of it.

My Mum had discreetly got Dean into see a specialist to deal with both his ordeals. Dean was very against going to the police about what happened... yeah he told me everything that happened and I think we both wanted to kill James, but Dean reckoned he could handle James and I was worried what sort of revenge would be taken, if any. I just didn't to see Dean in trouble. Not that he'd done anything thing wrong. But as I say Sarah and Vince were none the wiser and I know Dean wanted it that way,

So far I hadn't seen anything to suggest trouble was on the horizon.

Jack and I had planned to go away for the weekend a few weeks back but that had been put off due to dad fracturing his foot down in the cellar. The consequence of this was that I had to cover extra duties at the club. But we did end up going for a short break to Paris which was awesome. It was a very honest weekend where we assessed where we had been in our relationship and where we were now. It was funny actually, because although we were being completely honest with each other I always felt like Jack wanted to tell me something but just couldn't bring himself to do it. I dunno, maybe it was all in my mind. But we returned home feeling stronger than ever and I think that was the point of his plan.

As the days warmed up and the nights got longer, Jack and I would try to get out more together. Sometimes taking long walks before my night shift started at the club. We chatted about so many things and laughed about the past. Jack took me back to the time when we met, and I took him back to a more unpleasant place where his mum was killed. We hadn't really talked about that in the last couple of years because so much of my stuff had been going on. The truth was, I don't think I had ever really heard so much about Jack as I had done these last few months. I realised how much of his energy had been taken up with my problems and it was a testament to his loyalty that we are still together now.

I don't know what the future holds, who does. We all go through life thinking we know what we want, we know who we are and know where we will end up, but that is so far from the truth. My life feels like one long yoyo just slowly bouncing up and down, from good to bad to good again. Thankfully right now is a good period and I would really like to stop the yoyo where it is, but life has a way of creating Dramas when we least expect it. All we can try to do… all I can try to do is be a good honest person, be open with how I feel and not let the demons warp my mind.

I hope you enjoyed reading about the Saturday Boy, because I want you to know, I certainly enjoyed being with him.

Stay tuned for a bent knee of some kind, I had been let in on a little secret from someone else :) , but I'll believe it when I see it. But before you ask. If course the answer is YES!

 

The End

To my readers. You have made this story!!!! You are the ones who leave comments and likes. And I do look forward to reading the comments, opinions... and I love how passionate you are with what goes on with these characters. Just leaving a like makes my day. So I want to say a massive, heartfelt THANK YOU for all your input.

Thank you especially to Markb who has beta read much of my work. It does make it better when this writer - James Matthews gets the fucking word Your instead of You're wrong. I mean, that's just the cardinal sin right? I should know better. That's what happens when fingers type slower than brain.

Be safe people and don't let people walk all over you. You are all special and amazing!
Copyright © 2021 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 23
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Please let there be a book 3! So much left unanswered. But, yes a great story. Just need book 3!😍

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I’m curious, I didn’t know Dean had a brother? He was just kind of dumped in there in this chapter.  Does he know about Dean and his Uncle? Did the uncle do the same thing to the brother???    I’m so glad Joey is. Ow able to let Jack have room to grow without smothering him and controlling him.  Great growth!!!   

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I'm another fan who feels this ended much too soon.  Mot just because I really enjoy your writing, but because there were far too many threads left unresolved. Going to a therapist is not a quick process, and would have made some more great reading.  I feel like this story really ends in the middle.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I agree with the comments above, it seemed rushed considering all that was going on. Dean needs a chance to have his side of the story come out!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Okiegrad said:

I’m curious, I didn’t know Dean had a brother? He was just kind of dumped in there in this chapter.  Does he know about Dean and his Uncle? Did the uncle do the same thing to the brother???    I’m so glad Joey is. Ow able to let Jack have room to grow without smothering him and controlling him.  Great growth!!!   

I think the Uncle and the Brother are the same person and for some reason while writing this the author kept going back and forth on that .From what I understand he doesn't use an editor so this has gone unchecked. But if I'm mistaken @James Matthews will correct me.

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 5
Link to comment

I agree...this ending came about a bit too abruptly, but the hope for Book 3 keeps me excited!  I'm confused however:  You state:

I felt really sorry for Dean's parents. Just as they had got their eldest Son back, they find out he is an incestuous rapist.

This would make James Dean's older brother rather than his uncle. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Agree with above comments but overall finally we can see a great character development from the first appearance of the Saturday boy at the pup.  
ive enjoyed this a lot.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..