Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,611 Words
  • 1,348 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Tragedy of Yinx - 12. The Light Comes Back Brighter

Laneer

I didn't mean to, but I fell asleep.

Honestly, I thought that maybe Yinx would not wake up. Maybe he would just sleep throughout the rest of the night.

So, I did what I am guessing any reasonable person would do, and got in the bed with Yinx.

It is cold and the chair was very uncomfortable.

Yinx seemed dead asleep, so I just assumed it would be alright.

I was wrong.

Yinx must have been having some rather unpleasant dreams because he was tossing and turning. He even slapped me across the face. Yeah, that woke me up instantly.

He was talking in his sleep, saying words I have never heard before. I know it was not any of the Serendian languages, so what could it be?

He calms down for a moment but then he opened his eyes. He blinks a couple of times and reaches a hand over his face. He finds nothing there and then he begins to panic.

I guess it is good that I am awake now.

I grab his hands to keep him from clawing his eyes out. That just makes him panic even more.

“Shh. Yinx, it is me. Laneer!” I whisper. Yinx continues to struggle in my hands and punches out and hits me hard in the face.

I clench my teeth and rub on my jaw. I would not doubt a bruise will form there.

“L-leave me alone!” He shouts and pushes against me to seperate us.

I scoot as far away as I can and Yinx somehow falls off the bed with a heavy thud.

Quickly, I peek over and see he has curled up into a ball on the floor. He is shaking and continues to whisper in that strange language.

“Yinx.” I whisper. “Please let me help you.”

He covers his ears. “You are not real. This is another trick. Y-you are just trying to trick me again.”

I frown and get off the bed. Silently, I curl myself around him. “It is me, Yinx. Ask me a question. Something the trickster would not know.”

Yinx shakes his head rapidly. “No, no, no. He is everywhere! He knows everything. You already know my secrets.”

He squints his eyes shut and presses his palms against them.

I do not touch him. Everytime I do, he just flinches and tries to move away.

“Who is he, Yinx?” I ask. “Who knows your secrets?”

Yinx continues to shake his head and so I stop talking.

I guess that was what he needed. It hurts, but I probably should not let it get to me. Something is wrong. He can’t see me. Not like he could before.

How did this happen?

I pull the blankets and pillows off the mattress then set them up around us. I do not cover Yinx with the blanket since he does not want to be touched. I just settle in next to him and watch him.

It hurts not being able to help him. He looks so alone even if I am only a foot away.

His body shakes even if there is not a single breeze in the room. His cheeks are wet from the tears that continue to flow, and his hands are balled up into fists that continue to be held against his eyelids.

I am not sure how long this lasted but after awhile, Yinx stops shaking and he stops crying. I can tell that he is still awake, but he at least seems more calm.

Hesitantly, I lift the blanket and inch it over him. He does not fight any of the contact off this time. If anything, it makes him search for more.

He pulls himself close to me and rests his forehead against my chest. I rub my arm up and down his side and tighten the blanket around him.

Soon, he drifts off into sleep.

I let out a shaky sigh.

He has a lot going on. Called to a home he does not wish to return to, meeting strange automatons, and now losing his sight? I do not how he can manage all of that.

I sniff the top of his head, enjoying the sweet and spicy smell. I even decide to kiss it gently. Gods know Yinx could use the gentleness now.

~~
~~


I wake up again to a hand running through my hair. I smile at the feeling and rub my face into my soft, warm pillow. It smells heavenly right now.

Chuckling can be heard above me and the hand in my hair scratches near the back of my neck. I sigh and open my eyes.

I freeze and my smile disappears.

The morning sun shines through the window and shines around Yinx’s face. He smiles down at me and I...I was sleeping on his stomach.

I sit up immediately.

“Sorry.” I say and feel a deep blush begin to form.

Yinx reaches out and uses my shoulder to lift himself up. “No need to apologize. It did not bother me at all!”

I narrow my eyes and look at him. He simply stares back.

“You can see again?” I ask.

Yinx’s smile disappears before he gives a slow nod.

“What happened?” I frown. “I was worried about you. I wish I could have helped you in some way.”

His smile reappears before he leans back onto one arm.

“I guess it was a temporary thing.” He shrugs. “I...sorry if I was a bit too much.”

I shake my head. “No, it was fine. I just hope it is alright if you could give me an explanation. There have been a lot of strange things happening.”

Yinx raises an eyebrow at that but does not question it. “You would not believe me.”

“You would be surprised.” I laugh. “I believe a lot of things you say in all honesty. I just hope you do not lie to me a lot.”

He gives a small smirk. “If I told you everything, I wouldn’t have anything to keep your attention.” I blush again. “Do not worry. I do not think I have lied to you much. If anything, the only lie I have told was my name.”

I laugh. “Ah yes. The camel.” I lay back down. Sleeping on the floor was not the best idea honestly. My back is killing me.

He blushes but grins before rolling on top of me to straddle my stomach.

Well...I was not expecting this kind of morning.

“U-uh...Y-Yinx?” I stammer.

He just smiles and leans forward with his hands on either side of my head.

“You wanted to know what has been happening, yes?” He purrs and leans down to kiss along my neck.

Oh my gods. What is happening? He was freaking out last night. What is this mood change?

“Y-yes?” I mumble and clench my teeth and ball my hands into fists. I will not touch. This does not seem at all a good time for this to happen. “Y-Yinx? Maybe we should stop this.”

Yinx leans back and looks down at me with a questionable gaze. “You do not want me?”

Oh gods. He couldn’t be more wrong.

“N-no! I-I do want you. Just…” I scratch at the back of my head, “maybe when we are both with clearer minds. Y-you went through something last night after all.”

Yinx gives a soft smile and moves himself to instead lay on top of me. His arms are crossed on my chest as he looks down at me.

“Oh, Laneer. You surprise me again.”

I frown. “Another test?”

He shakes his head. “No, not at all. You are just...special. I like you a lot, Laneer. More than I have for most people.”

Another deep blush from me. “I-I like you a lot. Too, I mean. I like you too.”

Yinx smiles and hovers his fingers over my face.

“May I?” He asks.

I am not sure what he is asking, but I would pretty much do anything.

“Of course!” I whisper

He bites his lip and closes his eyes as his fingers slowly begin to run against my face. They trace around my lips, follow the bridge of my nose, he even tries to follow along each and every hair along my eyebrows.

He giggles when he feels the slight beard I have grown. I really should shave. I just have not found the time.

His fingers trace along my cheekbones and then he carefully brushes the tips of his fingers along my eyelashes.

He cups both of my cheeks and runs his thumbs under my eyes.

“You seem very handsome, Prince Laneer. I would hate to ever have to steal your heart.” He smirks.

I chuckle and reach up to cup his cheek. “Oh, but I am afraid that it might already be yours.”

Yinx eyes widen in surprise and then a deep blush begins to bloom on his face. Yeah I do not know where that came from, but it felt right. Cheesy, but right.

Slowly, as if he is afraid, he leans down to meet my lips.

It is a soft kiss that just feels as if a brilliant fire is spreading across my body.

I cup the back of his head and wrap my other arm around his waist. He tangles his fingers into my hair and runs them down my neck and to my chest.

I tease at his lips with my tongue and he opens them willingly. I explore his sweet mouth, tasting that delicious spiced-honey.

He moans into the kiss and I feel his cock pressing against my thigh. He starts to move himself to get some friction and then it all starts to feel like too much.

We break for air and we take deep breaths to try and calm ourselves down.

He falls back to lay next to me and we both just stare at the ceiling.

There is a bit of an awkward silence now. I do not know if I should feel bad or if I should like I am on top of the world. Maybe it is a mix of both.

“Yinx?” I say. “If you do not want to do...this...with me. I would understand completely. You will not hurt my feelings and it will not affect our friendship. I can promise you that.” That is a lie. It would hurt my feelings. I just hope I would be able to recover from it.

He is silent for a moment. I can tell this might be a lot for him to handle. Who am I kidding? I am a fucking werewolf.

“That is a lie, you know?” Yinx says after a time. I glance at him. His lips are all swollen and his face still a bit red. I can’t help feeling a bit good about myself for making him look like that.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“It always affects the friendship.” He says, still staring at the ceiling. “I...you will have to forgive me if I do anything wrong. I never really thought of something like this happening to me.”

I frown. “And why not? You’re amazing.”

He smiles and turns to me. “You are possibly the only person I’ve met who has called me that. Especially with the way you say it.”

I smile but then the memories of last night come back to haunt me. “Do you mind telling me what happened last night? I was scared for you.”

Yinx rolls his eyes. “I was not joking when I said that you would find it hard to believe.”

“So?” I shrug. “I might believe you anyways.”

He smirks and turns onto his side. He traces the tips of his fingers along my arm.

“Well, I am being...I guess chosen between two gods. I am not really sure what I should call it honestly.” He pauses, waiting for me to make a comment. I just wait for him to continue.

While I should probably find that insane, it actually seems pretty possible. I guess it helps that I am a firm believer in the gods, but with someone like Yinx, I can see him grabbing their attention. Not necessarily because of his looks, but there is just some strange aura about him. It calms people yet there is something else about him. I just can’t quite put my finger on it.

“The Moon God and some God of Darkness have asked me to become their champion. I am not sure what that means. I am pretty sure that the Moon God wants to sleep with me. The God of Darkness however...I do not know what his motives are. I can tell that are probably not well.

Last night, I told the God of Darkness that I did not want to be a champion to either of them. I just want to live my life as normal as possible.

I may have gotten ahead of myself and said that he has done nothing for me. Nothing that would convince me to join him.

He decided to punish me and take away my special sight. I guess he got what he wished. He made me realize that he really did help me.

He is the one who gave me my sight. Apparently he sent…’friends’ when I needed them as well.”

I narrow my eyes. “Friends? Would you happen to be speaking about those Automatons?”

Yinx’s eyes widen and he looks at me as if I have caught him in the most evil of acts.

“How do you know about them?” He whispers.

I grab his hand to at least calm him in some way. “I saw you speaking with them the other day. I went out to look for you and saw them in front of you.”

Yinx frowns and nods. “They are called The Ancient Ones. They are protectors. You could say they are great friends of mine. The Ancient Ones have been watching over my family for as long as anyone can remember. No one is really sure how they came to be, or why they decided to watch over us.”

I nod slowly. Well, this is a lot to take in.

Two Gods wanting to control and mess with him? Yinx out of all the people in the world? That does not sound fun at all. I can see why he would be so deep in his thoughts. I am not sure what I would do. It is strange hearing that Morgoren, The Moon God, wants to sleep with Yinx.

It sounds insane. All of it. Yet...I believe it. I saw the Automatons with my own eyes. Apparently a God of Darkness brought them. So that must mean the Gods and their intentions with Yinx are real.

“Is there anything else I should know?” I ask, a bit worried.

Yinx takes a shaky breath and nods slowly before looking at me. “I...have three…-hundred nipples.”

I just sigh and roll my eyes. “I guess that is a gamechanger. I might have to leave you and find another pretty white-haired Serendian.”

Yinx laughs and rolls back on top of me. “Oh believe me, there are no others.”

He smiles and leans down to kiss me once again.

~~~
~~~

We immediately set off for another day of traveling.

Yinx sticks a lot closer to me than usual. I can’t really complain!

Everytime I glance back, Beatrix narrows her eyes, trying to figure out what is going on.

Honestly, I have no idea what is going on either. I can’t really tell if Yinx and I have become something or not. We did not really say anything about it. It all just kind of...happened.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

What if Yinx is one of those people that is a free spirit that does not want to be held down to one person?

I could totally see him being someone like that. I mean, I have never really seen him flirt with others, but I could see him doing that.

Would he be using me? He said he does things to get what he wants. Would he be saying the right things just to get something from me?

Now I am not so sure how I should feel about this. We have literally just started this thing, and now I am having trust issues?

That is just one side of my thoughts on this.

The other is just loving every second of this. My heart is just screaming that I am overthinking everything and that it is all ok! That this is as perfect as it gets!

I have someone who likes me back and they actually seem to care.

Sure, he has a lot going on with him, but so do I. Well...do I still?

I feel like my wolf has been rather tame. A bit too calm. It feels strange. Is this what living like a normal person feels like?

Is this really all because of Yinx? Why would my wolf be so transfixed with him? Is it that aura I was thinking of before?

We walk until lunch and take a short break. While everyone is eating, I dig through my bag to fish out my soap bar.

I bought it before we left the last city.

It does not really have a smell honestly, but I do not think I could handle Yinx’s soap again. It was far too sweet.

Yinx makes his way towards me.

“Laneer?” He says.

I turn and smile. “Yes?”

“I forgot to say it this morning, but thank you for last night.” He blushes. “I was...rather embarrassing and you were very caring. Thank you allowing me to put my trust in you. I have not had many people to do that with.”

Well when he says things like that, how could I not believe him?

“Of course! It was nothing, really.” I scratch the back of my head. “I am sure that anyone would have done it, however.”

He smirks and shakes his head. “Well you are the only one who has comforted me in such a way.”

“I would do it again,” I smile.

“You know we will be in Drulai tomorrow right?” He says. “Maybe I will have to comfort you this time.”

I gulp on the bubble that forms in my throat. “Y-yeah! I knew that. I-I’ll be fine.” I may have forgotten about that little issue thanks to recent events.

He laughs. “I swear you do not need to be afraid. It is actually quite nice there. From what I remember, it was very pretty.”

I narrow my eyes at him. “Is that a joke?” He just shrugs. “Are you insinuating that it is actually terrifying there? Yinx, we aren’t going to die there, right?”

He laughs again. “No, Laneer. Why would I want to lead any of you into danger? Besides, I’ve been there before. I think I seem pretty alive and well, don’t you think?”

I raise and eyebrow. “Well, I can agree with ‘pretty’ and ‘alive,’ but I am not sure about ‘well.’”

He gasps and smacks my arm. “Rude!” He then laughs, “and also true.”

I laugh and we walk back up to our group.

~~~
~~~

Dinnertime comes and goes rather quickly.

Everyone immediately retreats to their tents.

Even Yinx and I don’t bother to stay out. Something tells me that we both want to just be together right now.

As soon as I tie the tent door closed, Yinx pulls me down and tries to take my chest armor off.

I have to help him which only makes this a bit awkward. He laughs at how much our hands are shaking.

When the chest piece is off, Yinx pushes me flat on my back and then flops down on top of me.

I wrap us in a blanket and hold him close.

“Good?” I ask.

“Perfect.” He says and buries his face into my neck.

I rub my hands along his back, feeling every dip and curve.

“I wonder how the great King of Avelin will feel when he learns his son wants to be with a Serendian.” I can practically hear the evil smile on his face.

“Oh, he would probably try to kill me, blame you, and then try to kill you after.” I smile and squeeze him.

“Yeah that sounds about right.” He sighs. “A shame. I would have liked to see where this would have gone. I never thought I would be with a prince.”

I look down at him. “Would have liked? You do not wish to stay with me?”

Yinx frowns and shakes his head. “No, of course I want to be with you. I just do not see that happening anytime soon with your father.”

I just shrug. “We can run away then. You and me. We could go wherever you want. I hear the mountains are quite nice.”

Yinx smiles. “You would do that? For me? Just leave everything behind?”

I nod. “Of course. Why wouldn’t I?”

“You would lose all your money, your servants, your titles. All of that. Just to be with a Serendian?”

I run my fingers along the hair near his ears. “I would do it without question.”

If I am not mistaken, I swear I can see his eyes beginning to water.

Can’t be having any of that!

I lean down and kiss him gently on the lips.

When I pull back, his eyes are closes and he has a smile.

“You are very different, Laneer.”

Yeah. This time it was definitely not a test.

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I really hope the 'Tragedy' is something tame. I really don't want them to die or anything. I know some people would think it boring or predictable, but my vote is for the Happy Ending!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..