Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,735 Words
  • 1,245 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Tragedy of Yinx - 2. The Two Offers

Laneer

Do I...follow? I kind of want to, but I feel like I really shouldn’t. This was all just beyond strange.

I smack on my face, trying to wake myself. I would really like to wake up from this weird dream.

Nope, not dreaming. Great.

I should probably find Beatrix. Maybe she will know what to do?

I mean, obviously she has never gone through something like this, but her thoughts would be very much appreciated.

I do not even take a step before my stomach growls and the wolf says that we need meat.

Well, I guess I can agree with that.

Ok, Laneer. Food first, then stopping by Beatrix.

Let’s try not to think about the entire creepy event that just happened here.

I get down on all fours and then barrel into the forest, away from town, but also away from the Serendian.

Even if the pull to just trot my bitchass over there seems too great.

~~~
~~~

The God of Darkness

Well that went just smoothly.

I honestly did not expect the random werewolf hunters but that had simply brought better results.

Yinx walks through the dark trees. He hums to himself as if this was considered normal. Absolutely nothing is normal about a blind man walking in the woods alone.

Oh if only the humans in that little city just knew what this boy was doing. To them, he is just a poor hunter who happens to visit the tavern for a few nights to stay.

In reality, he is carrying out deeds for his false master. The Moon God, Morgoren.

The damn asshole took what belonged to me. Yinx was to be my champion and no one else's.

Even the damn goddess of love, Altiba, wanted to make him her champion.

When she saw that even I wanted to pursue the boy, she had backed off. Not before gifting the mortal with attraction.

Not exactly a bad thing, I just wish no one else was using, enchanting, or forcing Yinx to do anything.

While I want him to be my champion, I want Yinx to make his own choices. Well, choices that will affect me in a positive manner at least.

Where is Morgoren anyway? This seems a bit too far to be meeting his marked one. It is almost an hour long walk.

Perhaps this will be a good time to finally speak to my champion?

I sink into his shadow.

Yinx just continues to hum. I cringe to myself when I realize it is the song of the moon god.

Yes, he is very much the moon’s chosen one.

I roll my eyes and try to think of a physical body to speak to him.

Should I be something scary? Have him fear me enough to make him worship me?

No, I do not want him to fear me.

Should I become something like the werewolf? I am aware that, that is Yinx’s type, but when you have watched him grow from just a small little baby, the thought of seducing him is a bit too painful to think about.

I guess a fatherly figure? Yinx’s father was kind. A bit of a coward but he still was nice.

Eh I don’t think I will go for that. It is not exactly my style. What the hell should l I look like?

You know what? Fuck it. He’s blind anyway. I will just be in my wraith form. I do not need to go to great lengths to appeal to my own champion.

He may not know it yet, but he will be my champion. I know it will be better than being Morgoren’s damn cock slave.

I lift away from his shadow, but I no longer hide myself from the mortal realm. My body forms into a great body of never-ending black fire. I also summon a nice black sphere of energy to hide us from any unwanted eyes.

Can’t have Morgoren making this any harder, now can we?

Yinx stops humming and slowly turns to face me. I smile to myself.

“Hello?” He says. Oh he seems a little scared. He can sense me but he can not see me. How quaint.

His gifted sight will not work on me unfortunately.

“Greetings, Blind One.” I say with a small nod. He will not see it, but it will help me feel like I having a conversation.

Yinx fidgets in front of me. He pulls on the bottom of his vest.

“You have no reason to fear me. I am simply a friend. You could say that I helped raise you.” I smile.

He gives a confused expression. “I do not know your voice, spirit.”

Ah, he thinks I am a spirit. I mean, I could play along with that, but I am not a spirit. I am a god. A god who wants him to become my champion. I will need to be straightforward with him.

“Not a spirit,but a god.” I say, “I am the God of Shadows, Darkness, and Death.”

Usually that would strike fear in those around me. Even other gods get nervous in my presence. All except one. That one happens to be a coward, however.

Yinx just keeps a straight face. I peek into his thoughts but instead find nothing. Damn you, Morgoren and your damn mark.

“May I ask why you wish to speak to me? I have not done anything against you.” Yinx keeps a stern and focused voice. It almost feels like those old days when he was practicing for those demonic pacts his mother made him do.

“You may ask whatever you wish. I simply wanted to say that you should give up your mortal life and join me on my throne. I want you to become my champion.” I grin.

Again, no expression from Yinx. I can just tell his brain is thinking everything over.

I possibly could have been more formal about this, but times are tough and I need to get Yinx to join me before he joins Morgoren.

“Why would I want to do that?” He asks. Good. He is curious, that is a good thing. If he is curious, he should join me soon enough.

“Well, I have given you your precious sight! Think of all the benefits you could get with me. I could have given you your complete sight back, but unfortunately, others were looking down at you at the same time as I was.”

“Morgoren?” Yinx does not even hesitate when he says that name.

I grit my teeth, “Yes...Morgoren.

I roll my eyes.

“I guess that does sound nice, but…” Yinx pauses and bites his lip. I just raise an eyebrow and cross my arms. “I don't really...want to give up my life. I know I am blind and I am pretty much alone, but I do not feel like I need to just disappear into whatever a champion does.”

Again, I roll my eyes. Of course Yinx must feel like he still has some stuff to live for.

I guess running away from your family, wandering the Serendian desert, and then using his body for a means to get shelter just screams ‘I have something to live for.’

I could just be like Morgoren and force Yinx to do things for me. Control his mind to follow all my orders, but I am not like Morgoren. I will just let Yinx think things through.

I should be like a understanding and supportive father. Which I guess means to...wait. Ugh!

Bitting back any bitter remark I could make, I simply say what I assume would be right.

“Just think about it.” Another thought! “I will need an answer soon.” Perfect!

The sense of urgency should put this in my favor.

Yinx just gives an unsure nod and I guess waits for me to leave.

The protective black energy circle disappears and I simply go back to where I have always kept an eye on him. Through the Ancient Ones.

~~~
~~~

Morgoren, The Moon God

Tonight is the night!

After all these years, I finally get to see the face of my champion again.

The last time I saw Yinx Dunbrali, it was when I had marked him. I could just feel how strong he could be. He was only eight years old!

Fourteen years later, I finally get to see what he has grown into.

I patiently wait at the top of my shrine. The kingdom of Avelin made it just for me. Such precious mortals!

Yinx has left me offerings three times a week for the past two years. It is his way of repentance.

Little does he know, I could care less that he had been absent for six years. He had to leave his home. With a mother like his, I would have wanted to run away as well.

I can’t wait to spoil the damn fool! I have so many plans for us. First I want to get him to join my ranks and help me gain power over the other gods. Then I would want him to become an Angel to help me strike down my father.

That part might be a little tricky. I will have to try and gain favor from my father first to get him to make Yinx into an Angel.

Ugh! So much work. This is why I need a champion. Just so he can do this shit for me.

It is a bit past midnight. Shouldn’t he be here now?

I mean, we never really talked about setting up this meeting, but you’d think he’d have some kind of schedule with this by now. I’ve got shit to do. It doesn’t help that my wife, Taisla, is constantly on my ass.

Oh! He’s finally here. I see that white hair walking around the trees.

I pat down my robes to make sure I look presentable. I gotta look my best after all.

Oh wait. He's blind. I forgot that little detail.

Yinx keeps his head down and his hood covers his face. A bit annoying but alright. Not like I can just easily look through his clothes.

Let’s see here...I see he has a nice body! Soft stomach with just a hint of muscle. Nice, round thighs. Oh! That is indeed a bubble butt. Good compliment to the thighs. His skin is completely free of any marks. That would be because of me however.

Before he started the offerings, his back, ass, and legs were completely surrounded with scars. Each offering removed a scar. It was the least I could do.

The scars from his mother’s discipline, the occasional rough lovers, and also from a group of bandits in the desert who had tried to rape him.

Thankfully, when they asked him to sing for them, he sang the song of death. Their souls barely lasted after the first ten notes.

His first kills...so cute!

Now...the face. It is a pretty face. Courtesy of Altiba. Long pale eyelashes, full lips, nice cheekbones. He looks quite young. That is how I like them.

Thank you again, Altiba!

Then there are the eyes. Wow. Those eyes. I barely remember looking at them before. I can see past the cloud of blindness that haunts him. Bright green eyes. Like a bright open sea. Those would be nice, but the blindness that tints them...it is like I am looking at another pair of moons. So beautiful.

Thoughts then begin to invade my mind. Dirty thoughts. Not exactly uncommon.

Perhaps...this can be more than just a champion?

Yinx approaches the stone shrine and kneels down. He pulls the furs of a few rabbits and places them down on the ground.

Humans are very weird. They offer these things yet...we do not really need them.

As Yinx places the last rabbit fur at the foot of the shrine, I slip down to stand next to him.

I let my robe brush against his arm.

“Oh! Sorry! I did not know someone was here.” Yinx stands up and takes a step away from the shine. He then blinks and tilts his head to the side.

“A...spirit? Or God?” He asks. I see he still has the accent most desert dwellers have. They sure love to roll the r’s. I like that.

I can't help but smile. Yes, I chose quite well. He is able to easily sense a god such as I? Amazing.

“Yes, I am your god, Yinx. It is I, Morgoren.” I state and open my arms for an embrace.

Yinx does not give an expression. He only blinks and seems to stare through me.

“Oh! Yes. My apologies.” I say and step closer to him, “You may embrace me, my champion!” I grin.

Yinx still does not move. He just seems to frown and narrow his eyes.

“Is this some kind of trick?” he asks.

I frown. “Why would this be a trick? I am your god. You are to be my champion.”

Yinx crosses his arms and sits on a bench, he even crosses his legs! His thighs look even better like that. Oh my gods. He is practically asking for it.

“Another god already asked me to be his ‘champion.’ Why would I want to be yours?”

Wait.

“What?” I grit out. I have to keep it cool. I need to somehow make this pretty creature become mine. That means no yelling.

That will take some getting used to.

“The God of Darkness has asked me to become his champion as well.” Yinx says with a wave of his hand. Almost as if it is nothing.

I feel as if steam is blowing out my nose with each exhale I take.

Clearly Yinx is off limits to everyone else. I fucking marked him! He is my property. Why the God of Darkness feels the need to take him from me is beyond me!

Oh! Is this some kind of stupid game that he wants to play? Well I am all for this! I will happily play at this little game. I will have to meet with him and set up some rules. It will be a nice way to handle this. Obviously I am going to cheat, but I doubt the damn God of Darkness knows that.

“Ah well,” I say a bit quietly, mostly to keep myself from yelling. I am pissed that someone would touch my pets without permission. “I would like to offer you paradise. Anything you could ever dream of wanting, it will be yours. Only if, you give up your mortal life, and join me. I will make sure to leave you feeling absolutely filled with your deepest pleasures every night.”

I smile at my wording. Yinx does not. I do see a hint of a blush however. Gods, he is mine.

“I will give you time to think about it. You have until your birthday.” I say before I begin to lift into the air.

“My birthday?” he says with a frown. “That is only in two weeks!”

“Plenty of time.” I snicker and take my leave. “So long my prize.”

~~~
~~~

Laneer

I know I said I would go see Beatrix, but...it isn’t everyday that you get saved by the cute...bard?...from the tavern.

I followed the Serendian’s scent, it honestly smells like the Honey-Spiced Serendian tea that the Unicorn’s Blood offers.

Oh wait a minute. Maybe he makes the tea! Well I know what I am getting from now on.

It is a bit scary learning that he is a mage. Being taught how evil magic is tends to make them seem rather...terrifying. I kind of imagined mean old ladies and men with large warts on their faces.

Clearly, they are not at all like that. Well maybe there is the select few.

The strange circle of grass is in front of me. There is snow that has begun to stick to it but there is already a few inches of snow everywhere else.

I move around it, not daring to get close. There have been a lot of strange things tonight, I would rather not deal with anything else out of the ordinary.

Besides the Blind man that can shoot arrows perfectly, of course.

Footsteps can be heard to my left, then the sound of a door being closed.

Moving as slowly as I can, I peek around a wide tree and see a small cabin. There is an outhouse behind it. It looks pretty small and beaten up. A fireplace sits in front. Logs have been placed with little twigs nestled between them. It is waiting to be used. A cooking spit is set up over it.

I wouldn’t really call this a cabin honestly. It is just a small wooden square with a slanted rooftop.

I move to the window and peek inside.

A single candle lights up the single room. There is a small bed, a table with different animal furs, a black pot sits under the bed. I would not doubt it is used for cooking.

“Hello.” A voice says next to me.

I jump and look to my right.

The Serendian looks up at me with some kind of dead bird in his hands.

“Hungry, yes?” He smiles.

Um...shouldn’t he be afraid? I am a werewolf. I am not even in the wolf form. I'm in the half-hybrid one. I know that one looks scarier.

Sure he is blind, but how the hell can he see me?

I reach out to take the gift. I see he already plucked the feathers as well.

Wait is this his dinner?

I pull my hand back.

The Serendian tilts his head to the side in question.

“Not hungry? If you are trying to be kind, I have more.” He pushes the bird to me again.

I take it this time.

The Serendian smirks before rushing inside to pull out a bowl of diced up meat and another bowl full of carrots and potatoes.

He walks to the fireplace, uses a flint and steel, and waits for the fire to grow.

“Do not worry. I will tell no one of you.” He says while staring at the fire. Or through it.

I do not know what to think of this honestly. How can someone act so calm with this? Anyone with a right mind would run or try to kill me. He is just going about his business as if this is a normal thing. Maybe he is insane? Aren't blind people usually insane?

“If you wish for a place to stay, I have blankets to cover you up. I do not think my clothes would fit you, sir. I would just recommend eating your meal first.”

How would he know his clothes would not fit me? I mean obviously they wouldn’t, but still.

I make quick work of the bird, which I am pretty sure is a duck.

I lick around my teeth to try and clean them and then just sit next to the Serendian.

He has set up his pot with the metal bar and made a small stew.

How he manages to eat in peace with a werewolf next to him is beyond me.

“Do not be afraid to change back in front of me. I do not know if you can tell, but I can’t see much.” He smiles. “There are blankets in a chest under the window you were peeking through.”

I swear I would blush right now if I was back in my human form.

I move to the doorway and try to push the wolf away and gain back control. As always, there is the small struggle to win. The wolf always wants to be in control, usually the promise of a hunt or food tends to keep him at bay.

Transforming back is not as painful as turning into the wolf forms. It is more so like a bunch of pinches all over my skin. That I can handle.

I give a small sigh but then quickly rush inside to get blankets.

Inside is weirdly warm and comfortable. You would think that with just one candle, it would be freezing thanks to the snow. I have a feeling he has enchanted the place. It seems like something a mage would do.

I wrap two blankets around me. While the wolf helps keep me warm, it is still rather cold.

I walk back to the fire outside and sit across from the Serendian. There is a nice path of dirt from the shack that leads to the firepit, so thankfully I do not have to walk in the snow. It is still cold, however.

Honestly, I try not to stare at the Serendian, but the firelight that dances across his features is just so mesmerizing.

“I never expected to find a prince out here honestly.” He smirks.

I choke on my own breath and cough loud.

When I managed to stop and not feel any pain in my chest, I see the Serendian is still smirking.

So he’s a bit of a cheeky shit. Alright then.

“How do you know what I am? How do you even know it is me? Shouldn’t you be blind?” I ask and cross my arms. The fire has actually managed to make this too hot to I just keep it wrapped around my waist and legs.

The Serendian just hums to himself and swirls his spoon around his bowl of food. “Oh, I just have my ways.”

I narrow my eyes at him.

“What is your name anyway?”

His smile falters only for a moment before he answers, “My name is Lleros.”

His eyes blink and then his smile is back.

Oh I see. He wants to lie about his name.

“Well, Lleros. It is a pleasure to meet you.” I move to shake his hand.

He easily grabs onto my hand as well. Hmm, I have a feeling the blindness is a lie.

I raise the hand to my lips and give a soft kiss.

A deep blush blossoms on his cheeks and he pulls his hand away.

“I...I-I’ll set up a place for you to sleep.” He stammers and moves to go to the house.

Well I think this could be interesting.

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yinx, our young harpist is not totally blind then -- he used a candle in his little hut, but he uses the abilities of a blind man to detect thoughts and feelings...

It seems to me that both of the gods who wish to court him are less than good, but the werewolf seems to be better. Interest grows as the tale progresses.

Good writing Juju, keep up the level.

Edited by Will Hawkins
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..