Jump to content
    K.C.
  • Author
  • 1,884 Words
  • 1,865 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Mr. Anonymous - 3. Dinner and a Movie

Chapter 3

The layout was due before the actual deadline, which was just days away. Percy had the staff from the art design, as well as the advertising team, sitting in on the project. Usually they emailed their ideas, but this month’s edition of ThisIsMyCity.com still wasn’t ready yet.

They were under a tremendous amount of pressure and Percy needed this month’s edition to be perfect. If Beckwith wasn’t wowed then Percy could kiss his three-city expansion goodbye.

Percy had dreamed of making this expansion a reality. He borrowed the money from his grandfather to start up the website four years ago and it had become an instant success.

Every restaurant Percy mentioned suddenly had a two week waitlist for a reservation. The clubs he featured were now the hottest spots in town, not to mention the art and culture events. One positive review on his website could make or break an up-and-coming entrepreneur.

The debut of ThisIsMyCity.com was an instant hit, even if it was targeted towards single men in their mid 20’s to 30’s. It was Rocket’s idea to add weekly giveaways to keep people coming back until the next month’s issue went up. She helped to give the site a feminine touch by scoping out the trendiest salons and boutiques, but once the jewelry corner started featuring the coolest rocks around, every woman in town was a fan.

“Beckwith wants to see our potential.” Percy gave his crew a pep-talk. If he was going to take the website to the next level, this month had to be better than perfect.

The staff brainstormed ideas to get the ball rolling. He really liked the sound of the stuff they were coming up with. They had fresh new ideas that were sure to impress.

Rocket joined Percy by the juice bar. “You look awful,” she said as she poured herself a glass of orange juice and then frowned at his usual cup of coffee.

He gave her his sexiest grin before taking another gulp from his cup. “Awww, thanks for noticing, babe. It’s the new look I’m going for.”

She reached up and scratched his day-old black stubble. “Well, I wouldn’t if I were you. How are you going to find your future ex-wife if you don’t make yourself more appealing?”

Percy concealed his chuckle and instead faked a look of hurt. “What? You don’t think I’m appealing?”

Rocket laughed. “I don’t think there’s a woman on this entire planet who doesn’t want to jump your bones. I just think you look tired, Percy. When’s the last time you had a vacation?”

With Rocket mentioning his last vacation, memories of his trip to the Caribbean came flooding back with a wave of tropical heat that flooded straight to his groin. A couple of times each year, Percy tried to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. His vacations were more than just a chance to kick back and relax.

Nobody at work knew his little adventures were opportunities for him to pick up men in exotic places, have mind-blowing sex, and forget all about his worries back at home. Away from the city, he could be himself. He didn’t have to hide.

If nobody knew who he was, he didn’t have to be scared someone would find out his secrets. Percy had always been content fucking strangers six ways to Sunday, then walking away. If he wanted sex back here in the city, there were plenty of women more than willing to let him fuck them.

A naughty grin curled around his handsome face as he thought about his various conquests. Every one of those good little socialites was more than happy to bend over and let him stick his dick up their tight little ass too, all because he smiled at them and said “Pretty please.”

Over the years, Percy had gotten the reputation of being an untamed kinky player, but that didn’t matter as long as everyone thought he was a straight player.

                                                                                                         * * * *

Not feeling very hungry, Percy went home right after work. He hoped there would be a message from Max, but he wasn’t going to hold his breath. The guy seemed really upset when he logged off last night.

Playing the words over in his head made Max’s request seem so innocent now. He had only wanted to send Percy a few photos, it’s not like he was sending him a MapQuest link to his dick. It shouldn’t have been a big deal, but to Percy it was.

He wasn’t out. If word got out he was gay, it could ruin him. In this business, he knew a few gay men and Percy saw the struggles they endured to be out and proud and he just wasn’t ready to take on that fight.

What if his family rejected him? What if his company suffered for his sexual excursions? Percy just wasn’t willing to take that chance. He couldn’t, not now, maybe not ever.

The apartment was quiet. Everything was exactly where he had left it. Pop open a soda, turn on the television, and sit in front of the computer. The mundane tasks of a bachelor’s life.

He was debating turning the screen back off, but he couldn’t. Percy closed his eyes for a second while his teeth nervously nibbled at his bottom lip. This was it. With trembling fingers, he logged on to Spuzzyboys.com. If there were no messages, he promised himself he would log off and never go back.

New Message: Binx, I’m sorry about last night. Will you let me make it up to you with dinner and a movie? Scarface is on television tonight at eight o’clock. Order pizza and meet me here at eight. FYI—I like pepperoni and mushrooms.

Unable to believe his eyes, Percy had to read the message a dozen times before it finally sank in. He had a date.

Max wasn’t upset anymore and still wanted to talk to him. Dinner and a movie! Glancing down at his watch, it was already a few minutes past seven, so that only gave him an hour to shower, shave and order pizza.

Grinning like an idiot, Percy felt like he was going on his very first high school date. Savvy fashion sense wasn’t necessary when the guy wasn’t actually going to see him, but to Percy it still felt real. He pulled on a pair of khaki slacks and a polo shirt. Since he wasn’t going out, he’d skip the socks and shoes, preferring to be barefoot when he was home anyways.

Just before the movie started, the doorbell rang. Percy paid and tipped the delivery boy before settling down on the couch with his pizza and laptop to wait for Max.

Lucky for him, he didn’t have to wait long.

                                                                                                      * * * *

“What do you mean, Star Wars was a better trilogy than the Matrix?” Percy shouted at the screen while his finger flew over the keyboard, typing every word that fell from his lips.

Max: You’ve got to be kidding me? Let’s not forget how smoking hot Neo is, but he was totally on the down low with Morpheus. Can you see Luke and Han Solo making out?

Binx: I would pay money to see them go at it…late 70’s era…not today! Not paying big bucks to see old gray pubes—that’s just gross!

Max: So, you’re telling me you wouldn’t pay to see someone as gorgeous as, let’s say Sean Connery, naked, because he’s old?

Percy contemplated it for a second. The actor was handsome.

Binx: That’s not fair, not many men look that goddamn good in their 80’s. Mr. Bond, yes I would pay money to see him naked right now…but not many other guys his age.

Laughing as they chatted online, Percy looked up and just noticed the movie was over. He remembered watching maybe the first ten minutes, until Max made some comment that had him blowing soda out his nose and shortly after, his attention was focused on the computer screen instead of the television.

Binx: Next time, I get to pick the movie.

Like most guys, he’d seen Scarface so many times he could recite every one of Tony Montana’s lines. It wasn’t the movie he had been excited about tonight, it was Max!

Max: Don’t tell me you have something against Pacino, too.

Binx: Nah, Mr. Pacino is fine, I was thinking maybe we could watch something a little more intimate.

(pause)

Binx: Max?

Max: Yeah?

Binx: I had a great time tonight.

Max: Me too!

Binx: And if this was a date, I would be totally walking you to your front door right now.

Max: I guess you would.

Percy took a deep breath and blurted his thoughts out loud.

Binx: I want to kiss you!

(pause)

Max: Really?

Max: Really?

Double posting only resulted when you rapidly hit enter twice. Click-click with nervous fingers. Percy has done it before when his hands were trembling like he imagined Max’s were shaking right now. He held his breath. Max’s response was positive, but he still proceeded cautiously.

Max: **Blush** I want to kiss you too!

“Yes!” Percy whooped as he jumped up from the couch and danced around the living room. “Control,” he warned himself. “Play it cool. You don’t want to scare him away again like you did last night.”

Max was out, openly living his life as a gay man. He didn’t need to spend his time chatting online with a hopeless closet fag.

A sudden pang of fear shot through Percy. What if he was just some guy to pass the time? There wasn’t anything stopping Max from meeting someone or even dating someone else…someone in the real world.

Dating? The thought never crossed Percy’s mind before. Were he and Max dating? How was this going to work?

Max: How is this going to work?

“Oh my God!” Percy stammered. He felt like Max had just read his mind. What should he say? It was his idea to talk to someone. If he’d been really looking for someone to harmlessly chit-chat with, then he should have joined one of those stuffy business chatrooms instead of a gay men’s website.

Binx: I don’t know. Have you ever had an online relationship?

Strangely, the thought of Max having a relationship of any kind made Percy extremely jealous. His breathing deepened as he waited for Max to answer.

Max: No, you would be my first.

Percy suddenly grinned like a schoolboy.

Binx: I guess we can make it up as we go.

RIP Mr. Sean Connery. 😥 This story was originally written over 10 years ago.
Sorry for the dated references.
K.C.
Copyright © 2012 K.C.Grim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Thanks for checking out my story 😃
If you liked it, let me know!  I love to hear from readers.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh, great a somewhat longer chapter than the last one, which gives me a better chance to get into the story and get to know the characters.

 

It is a comedy you´re writing? Because you´ve had me laughing before in chapter one and two, as you´ve had in this one. Percy´s reaction to Max´s invitation to dinner and a movie - time to shower and shave made me grin. laugh.png It was such a cute and unexpected behavior from a man in his professional position as well as in his age, and also non-conforming with the revelations about his sex-life. An other fun part was the discussion about the actors, grey pubes and Sean Connery. *snickers* I can only agree.

 

Percy is kind of a cute character, but his views on sex is not. The way he uses those women (socialites or not) to satisfy his needs, cold and cynical, and objectifying. (He might be treating the men the same way, but it doesn´t show all that well in this chapter) But I guess he will change, I get the impression the connection his experiencing with Max makes him want something more.

 

This chapter answered several of the questions I´ve had and gave a little more background to Percy´s character. Nice. Now I have an idea about what motivates him and who he is at work and in private.

 

Now I want to see him grow and change.

Link to comment

This is great. Totally in a class of its own. Looking forward to much more. Percy's reticence is both frustrating and endearing at the same time. Max comes across as a little more grounded; we'll see! It is a smooth read.

Link to comment
On 11/01/2011 09:16 AM, sorgbarn said:
Oh, great a somewhat longer chapter than the last one, which gives me a better chance to get into the story and get to know the characters.

 

It is a comedy you´re writing? Because you´ve had me laughing before in chapter one and two, as you´ve had in this one. Percy´s reaction to Max´s invitation to dinner and a movie - time to shower and shave made me grin. laugh.png It was such a cute and unexpected behavior from a man in his professional position as well as in his age, and also non-conforming with the revelations about his sex-life. An other fun part was the discussion about the actors, grey pubes and Sean Connery. *snickers* I can only agree.

 

Percy is kind of a cute character, but his views on sex is not. The way he uses those women (socialites or not) to satisfy his needs, cold and cynical, and objectifying. (He might be treating the men the same way, but it doesn´t show all that well in this chapter) But I guess he will change, I get the impression the connection his experiencing with Max makes him want something more.

 

This chapter answered several of the questions I´ve had and gave a little more background to Percy´s character. Nice. Now I have an idea about what motivates him and who he is at work and in private.

 

Now I want to see him grow and change.

This is a lighter story landing a little on the comedy side. It is a little quirky, but so am I so please forgive me. :D

 

Percy is definitely conflicted over his sexuality. Yes, he has used woman and men for his own sexual gratification but has never been in a serious long-term relationship…he wants more, but he doesn’t know how to get it without coming out.

 

The chapter was a little more, hopefully a few more answered questions, but leaves you still curious enough to keep coming back. Thanks for reading.

Link to comment
On 11/01/2011 11:26 AM, charlieocho said:
This is great. Totally in a class of its own. Looking forward to much more. Percy's reticence is both frustrating and endearing at the same time. Max comes across as a little more grounded; we'll see! It is a smooth read.
Thanks for reading Charlieocho. I'm glad you like it so far. I slowed down the pace in this new story. Percy and Max...well, what can I say without giving too much away? It's going to get interesting :P Thanks again for reading. KC
Link to comment

I'm really looking forward to this story unfolding. I'm hoping his company's expansion comes about, it will increase his confidence and, hopefully, his ability to risk a little more. Keep those yuks coming. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment

In some ways this story is so hopelessly romantic- Percy and Max dating without knowing anything about each other's real lives. In other ways it also makes me sad, I hope someday Percy doesn't have to live his life in such fear- vacations, online dating, I feel bad for the guy.

Link to comment
On 11/01/2011 02:21 PM, Conner said:
I'm really looking forward to this story unfolding. I'm hoping his company's expansion comes about, it will increase his confidence and, hopefully, his ability to risk a little more. Keep those yuks coming. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Percy is really focused on his business, so much that his personal life has suffered. He's also so scared of facing the world as a gay man. It's a serious topic but I try to bring a little laughter to his situation, too. I'm glad you like it so far :D
Link to comment
On 11/01/2011 06:26 PM, intune said:
In some ways this story is so hopelessly romantic- Percy and Max dating without knowing anything about each other's real lives. In other ways it also makes me sad, I hope someday Percy doesn't have to live his life in such fear- vacations, online dating, I feel bad for the guy.
Before joining GA I never thought about how strong feelings could be for someone you don't know in RL...but I've gotten really close with some people and really care about them. :)

 

Percy and his online dating adventure lets him express his true feelings without being exposed. Thanks so much for reading.

Link to comment

Really, really enjoyed that KC it has little pearls that are me and Stuby. Sharing a meal online is'nt at all bad, and we laugh so hard sometimes at the smallest of things. It's about getting to know someone before you meet them. This story is funny, its romantic, it's also pretty close to the truth at times. KC I love it :hug:

Link to comment
On 11/03/2011 07:07 AM, Mark92 said:
Really, really enjoyed that KC it has little pearls that are me and Stuby. Sharing a meal online is'nt at all bad, and we laugh so hard sometimes at the smallest of things. It's about getting to know someone before you meet them. This story is funny, its romantic, it's also pretty close to the truth at times. KC I love it :hug:
Awww thanks Mark. I'm glad you like it. I know that some of my online friends have had me laughing and/or crying over our chats. I'll PM you if I have questions on how the...uhmmm (cybersex works) Shhhhh! :P
Link to comment

Wow Percy leads an interesting life lol, I agree with my Marky, some of this reminds me of us and it's fun to see. And as for the cybersex... I'll let him explain it to you :P:lol: Cool chapter KC :)

Link to comment
On 11/04/2011 01:03 AM, Agaith said:
Wow Percy leads an interesting life lol, I agree with my Marky, some of this reminds me of us and it's fun to see. And as for the cybersex... I'll let him explain it to you :P:lol: Cool chapter KC :)
Ooooh I'm going to get an explaination? Does that come with a diagram and color photos too? Please say yes! (JK):lmao:

 

I'll tug your ear if I have questions on how it...works :D

Link to comment

We had this huge nor'easter tear right thru our state, cutting our power for GASP! FIVE days!!!! I was so thrilled once I got my power back to find out you updated!

 

I feel so bad for Percy. It's like he's living his RL as a total lie. How can you live your life and not ever 'be yourself'? It's so sad.

 

I know exactly how one can pretty much fall in love with someone online w/o ever meeting. When you're online talking to people who don't know what you look like, what car you drive, etc., it's so easy to kinda trust them and tell them your secrets, things you wouldn't tell other people you actually know. You can become really close with an online friend.

I was just as giddy as Percy when I saw Max come back and apologize. I thought it was hysterical that he was running around, showering and shaving for someone who won't even see him! It was pretty comical.

 

Love the story KC, can't wait for more! :)

Link to comment
On 11/06/2011 03:54 PM, Lisa said:
We had this huge nor'easter tear right thru our state, cutting our power for GASP! FIVE days!!!! I was so thrilled once I got my power back to find out you updated!

 

I feel so bad for Percy. It's like he's living his RL as a total lie. How can you live your life and not ever 'be yourself'? It's so sad.

 

I know exactly how one can pretty much fall in love with someone online w/o ever meeting. When you're online talking to people who don't know what you look like, what car you drive, etc., it's so easy to kinda trust them and tell them your secrets, things you wouldn't tell other people you actually know. You can become really close with an online friend.

I was just as giddy as Percy when I saw Max come back and apologize. I thought it was hysterical that he was running around, showering and shaving for someone who won't even see him! It was pretty comical.

 

Love the story KC, can't wait for more! :)

Thanks so much Lisa. Sorry about your power being out, our was out for 2 days too :(

 

I think a lot of people on GA can relate to the anonymity of talking with someone online :P I know that I've opened up so much more with friends here than in my RL.

 

Percy makes me smile, he struggling to bring his online life into his real life. We'll have to see if he can figure it out as he goes. :D

Link to comment

Hmm. Well not much for me to say. You have so many already loving your story. I just can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Hope you don't mind if I just sit back to watch as Percy knocks himself out for Max but needs to discover how to make this work.

Link to comment
On 11/10/2011 12:01 PM, comicfan said:
Hmm. Well not much for me to say. You have so many already loving your story. I just can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Hope you don't mind if I just sit back to watch as Percy knocks himself out for Max but needs to discover how to make this work.
Not much for you to say? :o But, but, but Wayne! (JK) I assume that you kept reading since I see you added a review to Chapter 4...I better go check and make sure you didn't say: "You Suck!" :P
Link to comment

:pissed: @ Percy!

he is being unfair to Max! (not to mention HIMSELF!)

but, i do hold a little hope in my heart for even the most hopeless of cases... like Percy! :P

love the way you're proceeding with this, showing us just tiny bits of who Percy really is!

**going over to 4**

Link to comment
On 01/18/2012 03:34 PM, Frostina said:
:pissed: @ Percy!

he is being unfair to Max! (not to mention HIMSELF!)

but, i do hold a little hope in my heart for even the most hopeless of cases... like Percy! :P

love the way you're proceeding with this, showing us just tiny bits of who Percy really is!

**going over to 4**

Thanks, can you tell that I slowed this down a lot, really different from the normal fast pace I crank out! :D
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..