Jump to content

Box Shaped Heart

   (8 reviews)

Carter Malis thinks he knows exactly when he turned into a self-identified homophobe, and that had to be the moment when Aron Ruskin, his best friend since forever, announced to him that he was going to marry a dude. Great. So there were going to be two Mr. Ruskin’s, and that without counting Aron’s dad.

And here’s this thing. The face staring back from the mirror, the moment he wakes up in a hospital bed, doesn’t belong to him, but to douchebag Alex, aka Aron’s husband. And now he’ll have to talk to Aron, after two years of radio silence.

Copyright © 2018 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (16 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 14
  • Characters 15
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 7
  • Compelling 7
  • Feel-Good 8
  • Humor 9
  • Smoldering 7
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 10
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

CheckeredPanda

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This story is phenominal. It revolves around Carter and how he woke up after an accident in the body of his (ex-)best friend's husband. I won't say more and spoil for you, but the story takes you on an emotional roller coaster (without a seatbelt). Definitely recommend reading it.

  • Love 4
Link to review
flyboi

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Mind boggling, Excellence from the first to the very last sentence. 

One of the best stories I've read in a while. A big thank you to the author for this lovely adventure.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Mawgrim

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Compulsive reading. Once you start, it’s a rollercoaster ride, following Carter's surprising adventures after being hit by a truck. In the process, he learns an awful lot about his best friend Aron, Aron's marriage to Alex and most importantly, about himself. Romantic, quirky and unputdownable. 'Just one more chapter', I found myself saying many a time.

Response from the author:

Oh, wow, this is such a nice review, thank you! I'm definitely glad you had fun with Carter and his adventures, and I hope you didn't lose any sleep over that 'just another chapter'!

  • Love 1
Link to review
Dyaus

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Second story I read from the same author. It has an unexpected beginning, unexpected middle and a terrifyingly romantic end. The story takes you from laughter to tears in the easiest way, and you fall in love the the characters as easily as they fall in love with each other.

I must say that I really loved the spa session of Alex-Carter... I cried from laughter just remembering the one and only time I've suffered such thing.

Thanks for your hard work and all the thought that must go to build up the plots!

  

Response from the author:

I'm glad you read this story, as well! Thank you for your review!

  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This story is a fun and frantic ride that starts with a near death experience. Alex and Carter are nearly killed by a firetruck and end up in the hospital.  Alex is in a coma and Carter unconscious.  The problem however is that Alex is in Carter's hunky body and Carter is in Alex's twink body. To complicate things further, Carter's best friend Aron is Alex's husband.  Carter hasn't spoken to either of them for two years after a drunken homophobic rant during the wedding of Alex and Aron.  Thus begins an amazing and comedic supernatural ride of thrills, spills, loops and fireworks.  

Laura is an accomplished writer with plots that work even with all their complexities.  Her characters will entrance and bewitch you.  They will wiggle their way into your heart.  The story goes beyond compelling to binge worthy.  Laura has one of the most evil, twisted senses of humor that will strike and leave you helplessly rolling on the ground laughing.  This is one great read!

Response from the author:

Thank you very much for your review! Carter is a very dear character to my heart, and I'm always glad when people discover him even after all this time. And it's a great experience to see the same events and story through the eyes of a new reader!

  • Love 2
Link to review
agni

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Soul swaping romantic story, yup, it could be proper description. If you want to read light, comedy and romance, go for it.

I especially like Carter's mind twin personality talk. It's like there are two people inside Carter, one is human and other is AI. 

Response from the author:

Thank you for leaving a review! Yeah, I guess that part of Carter's mind was striving to become sentient, lol!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
gothishin

  

That's how you tell a story. How you make characthers that are imperfects but make we love them either way. Carter's story with Aron and the body swap between Carter and Alex sure lets you thinking a lot of happy thoughts. Love does exists in the world, and I hope everyone had the chance to experience a love like this.

Response from the author:

I had so many feels while writing this story... It looks like I really did some good with it, since so many people liked it. Thank you for your rating and review!

Link to review
Cane23

  

This is one of the most exciting stories I have red. Using elements of paranormal, mystery, romance and good humor, @Laura S. Fox imagination makes miracles. Switching bodies has been used to reveal real, authentic feelings. In a roller-coaster ride, with misunderstandings, funny turnovers, revelations...characters discover themselves and discover the true about friendship and love.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your review! You summarized the essence of the story very well :)

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..