Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 1,159 Words
  • 5,805 Views
  • 46 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Box Shaped Heart - 35. Epilogue

Epilogue

“Do you realize we are practically hiding in a closet?” Carter snickered.

Aron hushed him.

“They’ll find us,” his husband reproached.

“Of course they will,” Carter said matter-of-factly. “They have the dog with them. They’re already tracking us as we speak.”

“The fact that you’re making so much noise is not helping,” Aron glared.

“Okay, okay,” Carter agreed.

They stood in silence for a couple of seconds. There was no noise from outside. Well, they had found the perfect hiding place, in the closet under the stairs in Aron’s folks’ house. Great, they could relax a little.

“So,” he whispered, getting close to his husband, “what’s up?”

Aron circled his waist with one hand.

“Are you sure you want an honest reply to that? Because I know exactly what’s up right now, seeing that we’re all alone, in a confined place, and I only have to lean in like this and kiss you.”

Carter was pretty certain that they were going to smooch each other so loudly that their trackers were going to find them any moment now.

“So, should we schedule a date for tonight? After 10 am, when everyone’s finally asleep, just you and me, the dads’ bedroom, and a bottle of wine?” Aron nuzzled his neck.

“I’d rather have a beer,” Carter protested. “Haven’t had one in a while. Why am I always the designated driver?” he faked complaint.

“Because the kids prefer your driving style for some reason.”

“Well, I do take them everywhere they want,” Carter pointed out.

“Yeah. You’re soft,” Aron chuckled.

“Someone’s got to be. Hey, it’s like I’m the good cop, and you’re the bad cop!” Carter exclaimed.

His husband hushed him with another kiss.

Then, Aron stopped and frowned.

“Hey, why am I the bad cop?”

It was Carter’s turn to laugh.

“Frankly, I think they are a tiny bit afraid of you. Deidre told her friends in kindergarten that her dad is as big as a mountain. And that her daddy, aka me, is just a little smaller. Of course, that was an exaggeration. But they believed her.”

“I don’t think they are afraid,” Aron glared.

“They are. Although you wouldn’t believe Freddie and what kind of explanations he’s coming up with for your behavior.”

“My behavior?” Aron exclaimed.

This time, Carter hushed him.

“It’s okay. They need the ground rules,” Carter whispered, sneaking his hands under his husband’s t-shirt.

Even in his forties, Aron still had the same awesome hard body. Carter could feel himself drooling.

“Well, if it were after you, we would all sleep in the same bed and have the dog on top of us all. We would have zero sex life,” Aron said, but Carter knew him well enough to notice the bubble of laughter underneath it all.

“Good thing I have you to play the bad cop role. I would never be capable of doing that,” Carter mumbled, his attention arrested by the hard planes of Aron’s torso. “And I would not like a zero sex life either.”

“Hey, don’t you think they should have found us by now?” Aron caught his hands and listened intently. “What do you think they’re up to?”

Carter sighed.

“I bet they came up with some plan of dragging us out of our hiding place. I’m sure Freddie said something like ‘oh, let’s just let them get bored and hungry, and they will come out’. Yeah, I think so.”

“That boy,” Aron laughed. “I swear he’s smart beyond his years. And I know someone who’s exactly like that.”

“Or he’s just counting on his own experience of playing hide and seek,” Carter continued his train of thought. “He’s the one who got bored and hungry and came out of his hiding place after we almost turned the entire place upside down searching for him that one time when we played at home.”

Aron nodded with a smile.

“Should we play along?”

“Yeah,” Carter admitted. “We’ll have plenty of time to play adult games tonight. Plus, I don’t want to miss the chance of getting out of the closet together with my husband,” he linked his fingers with Aron’s.

Aron beamed at him.

“I’m sure they have already forgotten about us, but, yeah, how could I skip that?”

***

“Where is Freddie?” Carter asked his mom, the moment they were out in the yard.

“He is busy inspecting the place. I think he is currently interested in dendrology,” his mother pointed out at the boy now carefully looking at the big oak overlooking from their yard into the Ruskins’ lawn. “Just make sure he doesn’t climb it as you did back in the day,” she wagged the finger at him.

Carter just laughed and waved. But seriously, he wasn’t going to let Freddie give him a heart attack as he had probably given his mom that day.

“Hey, buddy,” he called and their son turned to look at him.

“Grandma was talking to granny and telling her that this tree has a hell of a story to tell,” Freddie pointed out at the old oak, somewhat accusingly. “Do trees tell stories? Do they talk?”

Carter moved to stand side by side with the boy.

“Did grandma said ‘hell’?” he eyed Freddie, and the boy just looked away and shrugged.

It was clear that the matter of talking trees was much more interesting than whatever lecture his daddy had in store for him.

“Okay, I can tell you that story. But let me tell you a secret,” he caressed the boy’s head. “That was just the beginning.”

“The beginning? I want to know the end,” Freddie replied.

“Hmm, are you still looking at the end of books first? I told you’re ruining all the fun that way,” Carter said, but he was not really scolding Freddie.

After all, he was doing exactly the same thing. Even now, as a complete grown up, married with children.

“I can tell you the end,” he said with a smile.

Freddie turned to stare at him. Carter took his and Aron’s son by the shoulders to guide him back to the big table where everyone, from three generations, was gathered around. Aron was bouncing Deidre on one knee, making their little girl squeal in delight, while the two grandmas were debating what to bring first, and the grandpas were absorbed with talking about the last night’s game.

Aron looked at him and smiled. The biggest smile in the world on the most beautiful face Carter had ever seen in his entire life, with no chance of having anyone surpass that in a thousand years or all eternity. He wasn’t sure.

“So, dad, the end? The story?” Freddie pulled at his sleeve.

“Ah, that’s easy,” Carter caressed their son’s head and took in once more the family picture in front of his eyes, especially Aron playing with their daughter. “The end is ... And they lived happily ever after.”

THE END

And that is all, my good people! I hope you liked the ending and you're ready to forgive me for the lack of smut. I just had this image of the happy family in my mind and thought it to be just right for the story's finale. 
 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my story, reacting to it, commenting on it, and everything you did to support it and me. As an author in the making, each time I finish a story, especially one as long as this, feels like a real victory. And I know some of you must feel sad because it ended, and I feel for you, I really do. It isn't easy for me to say goodbye to my characters either. Carter will always be a favorite child to me. 
 
But I will return with another story! And I hope that you will join me once more for yet another adventure. In the meantime, if you have the time and the disposition, please leave a review. I will be so grateful (imagine virtual cookies). 
 
And I also want to let you know that one of my stories is featured here, on GA, during this month! It's a fanfiction piece, but seeing how people have told me it could be read as a standalone story, I want to recommend it. It's called Nude Pics Please! and features two lovely guys who have troubles expressing their feelings for one another. If you want to have some extra fun and learn a few things about yours truly, on Monday, the 28th of January, my replies to Cia's questions about this story, and not only, will go live! I'm putting the link here, and if you follow the thread, I believe you will be notified when that happens:
PS - I hate goodbyes! (So this is not a goodbye, really!)
Copyright © 2018 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 49
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. It's over😭😭😭😭😭😭. I'm gonna miss these guyts

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. It's over😭😭😭😭😭😭. I'm gonna miss these guyts

 

Ah, Wes, I feel you, man, I do ... I'm going to miss them, too :)

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Hum that was short and confusing epilogue but I'm satisfied and I bet for now Aron seems the bad 👮 for the child then I bet when the children Will grown Carter will the bad 👮 Dad coz I see Carter Daddyhome and Aron the coolest Daddy hehe I'm talking too much it's only my wish 

Thank you Laura 

Until next time my Dear 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, AKA983 said:

Hum that was short and confusing epilogue but I'm satisfied and I bet for now Aron seems the bad 👮 for the child then I bet when the children Will grown Carter will the bad 👮 Dad coz I see Carter Daddyhome and Aron the coolest Daddy hehe I'm talking too much it's only my wish 

Thank you Laura 

Until next time my Dear 

 

 

Ha, ha, my dear, I think you might just be right about the role reversal!

 

Thank you for being with me on this ride! See ya!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Kapucinski said:

Thanky you so much for this story 😍

 

Thank you for being with me on this journey!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Marius said:

Thanks for this story❤️ Has been a wonderful journey. Did you say you were doing a spin-off? I hope it’s about Simon❤️

 

He, he, did I say that? Sadly, there will be no spin-off. Thank you for reading my story!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

Aww, the fluff!! What a sweet ending! Thank you for this lovely story, Laura. It’s been a pleasure to read! :heart: 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Aww, the fluff!! What a sweet ending! Thank you for this lovely story, Laura. It’s been a pleasure to read! :heart: 

 

Thank you, Thorn! You've been an awesome reader! Hugs!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Thanks so much for the great story Laura. And after the roller coaster ride these two had, a sweet ending is just what was needed.  The only problem is I won't have my Sunday reading fix of Box Shaped Heart.  Guess that means I'll have to re-read it!! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Thanks so much for the great story Laura. And after the roller coaster ride these two had, a sweet ending is just what was needed.  The only problem is I won't have my Sunday reading fix of Box Shaped Heart.  Guess that means I'll have to re-read it!! 

 

Thank you so much for your nice words! And I'm glad you enjoyed the ending, too. Hey, if readers find this story worth re-reading, that really makes my day! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Fabulous characters...intriguing and fun story line...awesome epilogue...and beautiful last line.."The end is...and they lived happily ever after"!!!:heart: Thank you :hug:...and now...😭😭😭

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Onim said:

Fabulous characters...intriguing and fun story line...awesome epilogue...and beautiful last line.."The end is...and they lived happily ever after"!!!:heart: Thank you :hug:...and now...😭😭😭

 

Ah, thank you so so much! For all the reactions! I'm so glad you liked the story, and especially the last line! I thought so much over how to end it until I realized there could be no better ending line than this. Hugs!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Now i dont have anything to look forward to every week. This was an amazing story and i hope that someday somehow you turn it into a book (would definitely buy) see you later👋👋👋👋

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Actually, Carter, I'll bet you could have a lot of fun playing good cop/bad cop! 😂

 

Uh, Freddie, about hide-and-seek, doing something else so that the hiders finally give up in boredom is NOT a strategy. :facepalm:

 

Yes, Carter, Aron, adult games are best, and far from involving a closet, they don't even involve clothes! :thumbup:

 

Freddie, so who's your mom? The fact that she's around to give a heart attack to means she has remained an integral part of your life! Good for the daddies! (Is mom Diedra's mother too?)

 

Yes, Freddie, trees and people and many other things have wonderful stories to tell, but it takes a special person to make those stories a reality: Laura, my deepest appreciation for your artistry and humor. Till we journey down the rabbit hole again in your next work! ❤️ 🙋‍♂️

  • Love 4
Link to comment
13 hours ago, TaliaK said:

Now i dont have anything to look forward to every week. This was an amazing story and i hope that someday somehow you turn it into a book (would definitely buy) see you later👋👋👋👋

 

Ah, thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed the entire story. I hope to see you later, too! (And you can check my other long story here, in case you haven't - it's different than this one, but who knows, you might enjoy it)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, travlbug said:

Actually, Carter, I'll bet you could have a lot of fun playing good cop/bad cop! 😂

 

Uh, Freddie, about hide-and-seek, doing something else so that the hiders finally give up in boredom is NOT a strategy. :facepalm:

 

Yes, Carter, Aron, adult games are best, and far from involving a closet, they don't even involve clothes! :thumbup:

 

Freddie, so who's your mom? The fact that she's around to give a heart attack to means she has remained an integral part of your life! Good for the daddies! (Is mom Diedra's mother too?)

 

Yes, Freddie, trees and people and many other things have wonderful stories to tell, but it takes a special person to make those stories a reality: Laura, my deepest appreciation for your artistry and humor. Till we journey down the rabbit hole again in your next work! ❤️ 🙋‍♂️

 

And now, ta-da, the glorious finale and the glorious comment I've been waiting for, lol!

 

Hey, sometimes strategies do work. Not all the time, but sometimes! Has to count for something. 

 

I believe Carter would play along if Aron initiated that kind of cop play, he, he. And he wouldn't mind being in a closet, or a bedroom, or wherever ...

 

About Freddie's mom ... gosh, I messed up and obviously I don't know how to English. In that phrase, what I meant was a reference to Carter's mom and her - almost - heart attack from that time when Carter had gotten up in the tree. But I love your theory and hate myself for not thinking about it. It would have been so nice!

 

And, now for the end, for real, I want to thank you from all my heart for reading this, and entertaining me with so funny comments. Thank you for all your kind words!

 

Until we meet again,

Hugs!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Like they say all good things must come to an end... Hmmm whoever came up with that 

Anyways Laura  thank you for this adventure, twas awesome hope to see you again.

I'm really gonna miss carter

Bye for now

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..