Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 2,828 Words
  • 1,356 Views
  • 37 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between adult males. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission. Story ©2024 Lee R Wilson.

The Boy on the Porch - 14. Will Things Ever Be Normal Again?

After the kids all came home from school, Brendan sat them down in the living room to tell them the latest news. They were all prepared to take off from school to testify against their father one of the next two days.

"So, I have more news from the courthouse."

"Can we guess?"

"Sure, if you want to Jill."

"Dad copped a plea so he wouldn't get the needle for murder?"

"No. Steve, Nick, care to take a guess?"

"Some-b-body killed him."

"Not that either."

"Too b-bad."

Brendan gave Steve a harsh look, “Sorry.”

“Care to try Nick?”

“They took the good answers. Um, he didn’t show up?”

“Well, that’s part of it, Nick, but there’s more. He was beat up badly in prison. It might be as many as six months before he can be tried.”

“Six m-months? We’ll forget everything b-by then.”

“I’m sure the district attorneys will go over your depositions and testimony you have given as the time gets closer.”

Jill was curious, “What happened to him? I mean, what are his injuries?”

“A broken jaw, broken orbital bone, two smashed hands, some stab wounds and a body part was cut off and burned.”

“I’m guessing that body part was ‘south of the border?’”

“Indeed, it was, Jill.”

“I know you won’t like me saying this, but I think that’s fucking awesome.”

“Well, I generally don’t like hearing people speaking bad of their parents, but I’m starting to think you’re all right in this case.”

“What does she mean by south of the border?”

“B-below the waist.”

“What body part... Oh. Something slightly bigger than toes?”

“Slightly b-bigger? M-most b-boys are m-more than slightly b-bigger.”

“Really?”

Steve looked at Jill, “Let’s talk a-b-bout this later.”

Brendan gladly deferred, “Yeah, this time I agree with you taking on that topic, Steve.”

“Thanks, U.B.”

Brendan changed topics, “Steve, can you say something for me?”

“Sure. What?”

“Many people put butter on bread.”

Steve looked at Brendan like he was crazy, but repeated it, “M-many p-p-people p-put b-butter on b-b-bread.”

“Now say, flies visit sweet things often on Friday.”

“Flies visit sweet things often on Friday.”

“I thought so.”

“I don’t get it Uncle Brendan.”

“What did Steve do in the first sentence he didn’t do in the second, Nick?”

“Look down?”

Jill just realized, “Holy shit!”

Nick was still confused, “What?”

“He didn’t stutter, Nick.”

Nick thought for a moment, “Oh, yeah. What was the difference Uncle Brendan?”

“Most of the words in the first sentence had sounds made by putting his lips together, b, m, and p. The second sentence had none of them, v and f are teeth to lip. I've noticed he wasn't stuttering as much, and now recognized the pattern.”

“What does that mean, U.B.?”

“I’m not really sure, Jill. But I know he stuttered on more than just that in the past. I think at least part of the reason he stuttered was simply being around your parents. They’re definitely out of the picture now. A lot of stress has been taken away.”

“So, I’m getting b-better?”

“It sure seems like it.”

“That would b-be so great.”

“Yes, it would."

Later that evening, Steve ventured into Nick's room to talk about his toe comment.

"Do you want to talk a-b-bout your slightly b-bigger than a toe com-m-ment?"

"Yeah. You said most boys have something more than slightly bigger."

"Which toe are you thinking, the b-big toe?"

"No. The second toe, the longest one."

"Yeah, I think m-most p-penises are b-both longer and wider."

"Well, mine is. Just not much. I guess that's why mom said it was even too small to suck."

"What a b-bitch. Well, you're still young. You still have lots of time for it to grow."

"Um. How big is yours?"

"M-more like two b-big toes, soft."

"Soft? Isn't it always soft?"

"No. In a coup-ple years, yours will get hard once in a while."

"Is it bigger hard?"

"Yeah."

"How much bigger?"

"I guess it gets to a-b-bout three b-big toes."

"I hope mine grows that much."

"It m-might. B-but you shouldn't worry ab-bout how b-big it gets. Every-b-body's different."

"Okay. I just wish it was big enough that mom would have sucked it."

"You don't want to wish for that to b-be the reason. M-mom shouldn't have even said that. You should b-be happy she didn't suck it."

"Why? Does it hurt?"

"No. It's just em-b-barrassing with her even seeing it once you get a little older."

"I guess she did that to you."

"Yeah, and it wasn't fun. None of it was."

"Maybe like Uncle Brendan said, now that mom and dad are out of the picture, you'll stop stuttering. Them doing things to you probably caused it."

"M-maybe. I think it started after I was forced to b-be there while m-m-mom, dad, and Aunt Eve did something to Jill.”

“What did they do?”

“Something really b-bad. I don’t think Jill would want m-me to say.”

“Oh. Where was I?”

“Do you rem-memb-ber the shed we had b-before we m-moved?”

“Shed? No.”

“It was in the b-back yard at the old house.”

“Oh, where they kept the yard tools.”

“Yeah. M-mom locked you in there.”

“I don’t remember.”

“You would have only b-been five.”

“Well, still, maybe now that mom and dad are hurt, you’ll stop stuttering.”

"I hope so. Just have to wait and see. Goodnight, Nick."

Nick stood up to give his brother a hug, "Goodnight. And thanks for talking to me about this."

"You're welcome."

The next day, Brendan got a surprise visit. He got up to answer the doorbell, and almost didn't open the door when he saw Mrs. Harper. But he did. He hoped the kids would stay upstairs doing their homework, especially Steve.

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to come over an apologize for my actions the last time Lanny was over. I really acted like a crazy woman."

"Yeah. You did. Do you want to come in?"

"You sure you want me to?"

He opened the door wider, and she walked in, "I try not to hold a grudge, especially when someone is willing to admit they were wrong. Do you want a coffee, tea, or something?"

"No, I don't want to impose."

"It's not imposing if I ask."

"Um, do you have any beer?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. Take a seat, I'll be right back."

He returned with two beers, "Didn't want you to drink alone."

"I would have understood if you did. Lanny hardly ever says two words to me anymore. Ralph, my husband, was incensed when I told him what I did. And not even all that I did. He threatened to take Lanny and leave if I didn't, and I quote, 'change my fucking attitude, and quick.'"

Brendan bowed his head and shook it, "So your apology is just to save your marriage?"

"No. No, not at all. I did some research and found out how wrong I was. I was really out of line when I said, well, any of that. As a peace offering, I’d like to invite Steven for a sleepover sometime this weekend. I also won’t prevent Lanny from coming over here, as I have been doing since, um, that day.”

“Well, I appreciate your changed attitude and accept your apology. Let me run up and get Steve.”

Steve followed Brendan down the stairs and saw Mrs. Harper, “Uh oh.”

“No, it’s fine. Mrs. Harper would like to ask you something.”

“Well, I want to apologize to you as well, Steven. I was wrong about everything I said the last time Lanny was here.”

“A-p-pology accepted.”

“I was also wondering if you’d like to sleep over with Lanny on either Friday or Saturday night.”

Steve looked at Brendan, who nodded. He then went in for the kill, “How ab-bout b-both nights?”

“Well, since we kept you two apart for such a long time, I suppose that will be okay.”

“Really? Awesome.”

“If you stay two nights, Steve, come home from school first so you don’t have to take a bunch of clothes to school. Then I’ll drive you over.”

“That m-makes sense.”

“Should I wait until after dinner, um, is Evelyn, okay?”

“Evelyn is fine. Before or after, either is fine. Just let me know so I can cook enough.”

“B-before, U.B.?”

“Fine with me.”

“May I ask why he called you U.B.?”

“Jill came up with that as a shortcut for Steve. Uncle Brendan.”

“Ah, smart. Is Jill the girl Lanny touched?”

“She is.”

“Can I apologize to her for my son’s actions too? I mean it is partially mine and Ralph’s fault we didn’t instill that particular value in him very well.”

“Sure, let me go ask her.”

“I’ll go, U.B.”

“Okay.” Then to Evelyn, “Sometimes it’s good having kids around to do your running.”

“That’s very true.”

Jill came back down with Steve and only said, "Hi."

"Hello Jill. I believe I owe you an apology as well. It seems Lanny's father and I didn't do a very good job teaching him right from wrong."

"It's okay. Thanks. I think my uncle gave him a strong dose of 'Scared Straight.'"

"Scared Straight?"

"Yeah, he told Lanny that we'd call the cops if he did it again, or even heard that he did it to someone else."

"I also explained how he'd probably be treated for the rest of his life if he was labeled a sexual predator."

"Ah, that would explain something."

"What's that, Evelyn?"

"He used to be pretty affectionate with his younger sister. Just hugs and cheek kisses. Now he pretty much avoids her. She's confused."

"Wow. I'm sorry I caused that kind of reaction."

"It's understandable. I actually appreciate you doing that for him. I bet he won't stray again. I'll let him know that he can still show his sister affection. And once again Brendan, I'm truly sorry for all the things I said to and about you and your family. I hope you can forgive me."

"Forgiven. I only ask that you help correct others if you hear the same kind of insults coming from anyone."

"I can do that. Well, enjoy your evening."

"You too, Evelyn."

After she left, Jill remarked, "That was nice of her to apologize. Especially to me, since she didn't really do anything."

"She felt responsible for Lanny's actions because they didn't teach him well enough."

"Oh. Okay."

The next day, Steve packed a bag, and Brendan drove him over to the Harper's. Brendan was just about to pull away when Steve and Lanny came running back out.

"Wait. My dad wants to talk to you."

Brendan hoped he wasn't mad about him overstepping with regard to Lanny. They walked in and Ralph Harper greeted Brendan.

"Hello, Brendan."

"Hello, Ralph, was it?"

"Yes, Ralph is technically correct. I never liked Ralph much, so I use Ral."

"Interesting. Anyway, Lanny said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes. Lanny, take your friend and his things to your room and make yourselves scarce for a few minutes. Brendan, please, have a seat."

The boys left and Ral continued, "Evelyn told me about what you did for Lanny. I just wanted to say I appreciate you putting the fear of reprisal into him. I believe Evelyn indicated we may not have done as good a job on that as we could have."

"Oh, that was no problem. I'm just happy you're not mad at me for crossing any lines."

"Not at all. Actually, pleasantly pleased someone like you would say those things."

Brendan instantly cooled, "Someone like me?"

"That didn't come out right. Sorry. I'm aware that gay men being pedophiles is far from the norm. I was just impressed that you, or any man, would be so willing to help set, essentially a stranger's child, and for want of a better term, straight. I think that would be more uncomfortable for a gay man to address."

"Um, okay. Thanks."

"I'm afraid my second try wasn't a whole lot better. I meant no offense. I'm glad you stepped up and helped correct him. I should have just left the gay aspect out."

"Probably would have gone smoother. I say things like I said to Lanny because every person who learns that treating another person badly, or differently, is wrong. It makes the world a better place if people are more educated. If I have the opportunity to teach a little tolerance, or in Lanny's case, maybe common sense, I take it. Just my way of trying to change the world, I suppose."

"Very admirable. If you don't mind me saying, apparently you and your sister and her husband heard different messages growing up."

"I'm sure Kathy heard the same message as me. Either there was something off-kilter in her brain, or Abel changed her mind about things."

"Both being the case wouldn't surprise me. You obviously have a smarter head on your shoulders."

"Thanks."

"No hard feelings?"

"No. I know it's always difficult for someone like you to understand where someone like me is coming from." Brendan smiled to show that was said somewhat in jest.

"I deserved that."

"Well, it's true that straight men and gay men think about a lot of things differently. It's nice to know we have helping the children grow up right in common."

"That we do. Thanks for finally understanding."

"No problem. Have a good weekend. If Steve misbehaves, just let me know and I'll come get him."

"Hopefully he's learned enough from you after his parents showed him the wrong way. I think he'll be fine. Have a nice weekend."

"You too. Bye."

Steve did behave at Lanny's. He even survived a discussion with Lanny at bedtime Friday night.

"Can I ask you something, Steve?"

"Sure."

"When I slept over at your house, and afterward you telling me about your uncle being gay. Did you think that maybe I was because I jerked off in front of you?"

"Yeah, I wasn't sure a-b-bout it until you touched Jill. I just always figured m-m-masterb-bating together was gay."

"Hypothetically, if I was gay, would it bother you?"

"No. Uncle B-Brendan said that I should just treat you like I always did, b-but was honest if you wanted to do things I wasn't comfortab-ble with and just say I didn't want to."

“You told him you thought I was gay?”

“Yeah. If you were, I wanted to know how to treat you.”

"I guess that’s okay. To be honest, I'm not sure if I am or not. Touching Jill didn't do much for me. If you know what I mean."

"You didn't get horny from it."

"Yeah, I guess so. Although, to be fair, I didn't get much of a chance to before she hit me. It's kind of tough getting horny after you just got a beat down. By a girl, no less. But I still like how pretty she is."

"M-maybe you just need m-more time to figure things out. We're only thirteen, we've got a long way to go yet b-before we're grown-ups."

"I guess. So, you wanna jerk off together?"

"Wha...huh?"

"Just kidding. But you should have seen the look on your face."

"Ha-ha. Next time I'll say yes and surp-prise the shit out of you."

"That'd be cool."

"No, it wouldn't. Let's p-p-play some video games or something."

*****************

Steve's pediatrician recommended a speech therapist for him, which Brendan agreed with. He was actually able to get Steve some attention during school hours for that. Thrice a week, Steve met with the speech therapist hired by the school district. By Christmas, his stuttering was nearly gone. He still fell back into it when he was nervous or scared, but that didn't happen often.

Time flew by. Brendan decided he would have all the best friends and their parents over for Thanksgiving, catered, of course. His cooking was improving, but he still wasn't ready to prepare a feast. He made sure to invite people as early as possible, and everybody decided to join them. He rented a couple tables and a bunch of chairs so the twenty people that would be present would all have a place to eat. The group ranged from four-year-old Candace Kane, who was still young enough to think being called Candy Kane was cute, to seventy-four-year-old James Duncan. Obviously present were the four Nelson/Tafts, Rich and his girlfriend Theresa Palmieri, Skylar Lewis, Jack and Andrew Markson, the Harpers, along with their ten-year-old daughter Lucy, Wayne Kane, his parents, a brother and a sister. James and Pamela Duncan were more than thrilled to get the invite. The food was good, the company was excellent, and everybody had a good time.

Only a few more lowlights would darken Brendan's life, though none of them were unexpected. There were at least a couple highlights coming his way as well.

Next Up - “Ups and Downs”

Yep, we're coming to the end. One of those lowlights will obviously be Abel's trial.
Copyright © 2024 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 42
  • Fingers Crossed 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..