Jump to content
    LJH
  • Author
  • 179 Words
  • 1,254 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Michael Dun - 14. Chapter 14

After fleeing from Peter, Gordon heads his own way and meets up with Danie Vogel and his pregnant wife.

The sun shone brighter than he had seen before and the sky had turned a deep blue. A wagon spanned the entire track ahead of him. Gordon Artkinson had galloped through the night after overcoming Peter. He had stood by and watched his friend die beneath the butt of a rifle. He could have done something…anything. He skimmed the side of the wagon and shouted at the couple at the top of his voice, “Is this the road to the gold fields?”

The man shouted back it was. The woman next to him was with child and she waved at Gordon and smiled. Gordon lifted his hat. The wagon came to a standstill and Gordon confessed he was lost.

 

"My wife is near birth. We are on our way to the goldfields. If you wish to, you may accompany us.

 

“How kind of you but I could not impose upon such good people as yourselves."

 

"Your company will be most welcome. Come then. This is my wife Marie. I am Danie Vogel. Join us.”

action....raction...action...reaction...he he he
L J Harris
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmmmm, now I have a question... will have to ask in your discussion thread. :P

 

That one was even shorter! :P

 

Good stuff though.

Link to comment
On 01/24/2011 05:35 AM, AnytaSunday said:
Hmmmm, now I have a question... will have to ask in your discussion thread. :P

 

That one was even shorter! :P

 

Good stuff though.

o hell, i hopwe they don't get shorter than a sentence. I've seen that. Quite strange and perplexing but true...hahaha
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..