Jump to content
    LJH
  • Author
  • 642 Words
  • 1,184 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Michael Dun - 24. Chapter 24

Michael and Danie's loneliness and mourning takes it's toll...

Michael arrived at Tweelingsrus after a long journey without saying a word. He closed the door to his room and lit a candle, then lay on the bed with his eyes closed. A knock Daniel entered, closing the door gently behind him. "I am worried about you." He said, softly, approaching the bed.

      

Michael sniggered, he was worried about himself, he said, swinging his feet over the bed. Danie continued in a voice that was slightly unsure of itself. "I have much to thank you for. And I do not have the first idea how to."

      

"How can you thank me when it is I who brought all this upon you. I am the one who should be sorry."

      

Danie agreed. His dark hair was cut short and his fair, curly moustache with a short bokkie-baard, chin-beard, set boldly in a fearless face. He stared directly into Michael's eyes, and saw a reflection of the man he could be. Confidant and up right. Michael lamented and he wished this tragedy would pass. Danie was sure that it would, eventually. If it did not pass, if they allowed this tragedy to continue, they would die too.

      

Michael gripped Danie's hand and said, desperately, "Stay with me, Danie. Please do not abandon me."

      

"I am not going anywhere, Michael."

      

Michael released his grip. "Thank God for that. I assumed that friends ran from trouble. I misjudged you. Forgive me."

      

"There is nothing to forgive." Danie assured him. "I have lost Marie, you have lost Charlie and we are both lonely. We need someone to talk with. We work hard day and night, mining and cashing in our gold and we have made some money. I am proud of us. I do not want this to end..." He paused, then gathered his breathe and said, "Allow me to hold you, please."

Michael stepped forward and allowed him an embrace.

      

"It feels strange to hold another man." Danie whispered in his ear.

      

Michael closed his eyes and savored the moment.

      

"We are all slaves to our emotions and I want you to know that you have a friend, Danie. A friend who yearns for companionship...and with it will come compassion and bonding. Charlie is dead and so is Marie, true, and I am sure once this whole thing is over we will be able to continue this conversation. Right now, the loss is too great a burden. I thank you for your prudence."

      

They stepped apart and Danie turned away. "I am sorry. I do not know what came over me. I should not have done that."

      

"Why on earth not? We are friends. We care for each other." Michael explained, as though to a child yearning for knowledge.

      

Danie shuddered, "I think it has something to do with the trial. It is tomorrow. I am nervous. We will be testifying against him. All of us."

      

Michael placed a finger on Danie's lips to silence him. "Shhhh. No more! We shall talk of the case when it happens."

      

Michael's breath was on his lips, Danie closed his eyes and their pressed gently together. Michael explored his neck and licked his ears, then returned to his lips. Finally Danie responded and burst into Michael's mouth with his tongue. But Michael pulled away.

      

"What are we doing?" He whispered, but at the same time ripping Danie's shirt from his hairless chest, then removing his own.

      

"Making love." Danie responded, coming down on his lips like a demon from out of hell.

Comments please...good or bad, most welcome...
L J Harris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..