Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

New Sights - 1. Poem Entry - New Sights.

New sights:

Waking up to quietness.
Realizing that new chances are abroad.
Already revising plans that haven't yet begun.
It's the calm before the storm.
The current page before the flip.
Take a left when you're supposed to take a right.
Live life on the edge and travel down that road.
The one that leads to a new beginning, a new path.
People pretend to change, but many replace their,
say with blame.
Many don't change at all, limiting their success with,
disdain and disappointment in their defiant ways.
Time doesn't stop, so try something new, pursue it,
and make the debut. For your own sake.
Let's regenerate and commemorate memories that will,
lead to a pleasant future.
No more holding on to the past as it holds us back from,
the real success.
We will walk together into the open region.
Past all the growth yet to be seen and head into the future.


-Midnightwolfpup

Copyright © 2023 Midnightwolfpup; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 12
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thanks everyone! I’m glad you all enjoyed this poem! I’ll be making sure to write more of these in the near future! :)❤️ 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

An excellent reminder that exploration never ends.  Thanks for sharing this, Wolf Pup.

Very true, exploration never ends! 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

I liked this, especially the line the current page before the flip.  Thank you for posting this.

Glad you liked this line it was an important thought I had while writing this poem. I always have thought of life being like a book. No matter what situation you’re in, good or bad. It’s not the end. The worst possible case it’s the end of the page before a new chapter begins. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
6 hours ago, WolfM said:

Good job, Wolfpup. 🐾 I'm happy to see your writing and posting. Thank you for sharing this.

I’m super glad you read my poem, it means a lot! :) 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, raven1 said:

A very wonderful message that was thoughtful and very well written.  I do like how you are challenging the reader to make positive changes to their lives.  

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the poem! :D 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

This 💯💯💯

Glad you enjoyed this! Thanks for taking the time to read this! :D 

Edited by Midnightwolfpup
  • Love 4
Link to comment

"Already revising plans that haven't yet begun."

I love this line. It speaks of the excitement that follows throughout the rest of the poem. I like poetry with calls for action, whether from without or within, and yours delivers just such a message. I also love the line @Parker Owens quoted. I suspect all writers can strongly relate to it. Great job. Thank you! Gary. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Headstall said:

"Already revising plans that haven't yet begun."

I love this line. It speaks of the excitement that follows throughout the rest of the poem. I like poetry with calls for action, whether from without or within, and yours delivers just such a message. I also love the line @Parker Owens quoted. I suspect all writers can strongly relate to it. Great job. Thank you! Gary. 

Thanks for the support and taking the time to read! This line is important to me as it symbolizes that taking the time to make plans can make the objective of where you want to go in life or in general, better as you’ve thought of a clear path before going forward with an idea. :) 

Edited by Midnightwolfpup
  • Love 3
Link to comment

A very delightful and uplifting poem, and a nice reminder that you're never too old. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 4/6/2023 at 4:17 PM, Parker Owens said:

I liked this, especially the line the current page before the flip.  Thank you for posting this.

That was my favorite line as well. :)  

To me, this poem has the feel of spoken word poetry.  I like the intermittent rhyme thrown in and the overall feel of the poem. You've definitely taken us on a journey of exploration.  Thank you for participating in the anthology! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..