Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 4,012 Words
  • 4,254 Views
  • 42 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Out of His Mind - 7. Fighting Words and the Epilogue

No warnings.

Chapter 7

Fighting Words

and

the Epilogue

 

Over the next four months Tait saw his lawyers on several occasions to answer additional questions about his life with Sean. Tait was told they would file and would then have to wait for a date to see the judge regarding the divorce, if Sean didn’t agree to the terms. Which of course, he didn’t. The assault case was scheduled to take place several weeks after the divorce hearing. Sean’s criminal defense team was the best money could buy and were very good at obtaining postponements.

As he waited, Tait visited Leo on a number of occasions about their venture and it appeared that it would be going forward. Both men were excited about the new project.

After seeing Leo one morning Tait returned home, and while he was changing to go for a swim the doorbell rang. Tait slipped on his robe and walked to the door and pulled it open. It took a moment for him to recognize the person on the step, and that moment’s hesitation was too long, because it gave Sean the time to push his way into the house.

Tait backed away but said loudly, “Get out Sean. You aren’t welcome here.”

“Are you going to make me leave? Grown some balls, have you?” Sean sneered. He pushed the door closed, took a step toward Tait, and pulled out a piece of paper from his jacket pocket. “This says you’re divorcing me and that I’m supposed to put the house up for sale and you want all the Seasons. I’m telling you that’s not gonna happen.”

Sean took several more steps toward Tait. “If you think you are getting your hands on Seasons, I’ll fucking destroy them before you do. You got that?”

O’Grady shoved the paper back out of sight, all the while mumbling, “Don’t know why I fucking kept them. Should have sold ‘em while I had the chance.”

Tait watched his ex babble to himself. “Just get out, Sean, or I’ll call the police.”

“Oh, I must have been out of my mind getting involved with you and then marrying you. You’re weak, whiny, and not to mention talentless. A model – what a joke! You’re a wanna-be. I bet they are all clambering for you now, aren’t they, Tait. Bet they love your scar.” Sean laughed.

“The scar you put there, you prick. Get out!” Tait felt faint, and he was working hard to remain on his feet. He wanted nothing more than to sit.

“So, is your buddy Philip your lover now? He’s about your speed.”

“Sean, just fucking go.”

“You’re a married man, Tait. You’re cheating; did you know that? Mention that to your lawyer? I’ve mentioned it to mine.”

Tait forgot he was afraid as the goading and barbs stirred his ire. “Get out, Sean.” He took a few steps toward his ex.

“Oh, come on, you whining wet pussy. You want a piece of me? You don’t have the fucking balls.” Sean stood his ground laughing.

“O’Grady!”

Both Sean and Tait turned as Philip’s voice interrupted them. Philip moved to Tait’s side.

The poet had respect only for the editor’s size. Not overly tall, Philip Lawrence was still a big capable man – he resembled a rugby halfback, fit and solid.

“I recommend that you leave Tait alone. You’ve done enough to him, don’t you think?”

“Philip! Ah, how sweet – you defending your new boyfriend. He’s better looking with the scar, don’t you think?” Sean jeered.

Philip shook his head in disgust, and pulled out his cell phone, he pretended to dial. “I’m calling the police, Sean. You’re not welcome. Get out.”

Sean saw the phone, and turned to move toward the front door. As he pulled the door open, there before him stood two police officers.

Phil had heard raised voices from his home office, and called the police.

“Hold him please, officers,” Philip called. “I’m the homeowner, and that is the trespasser I reported.”

The blonde officer held onto Sean. “Please put your hands against the wall, sir.”

“I was invited; I’m not trespassing.” Sean complained but he didn’t struggle.

“Well sir, then you won’t mind waiting. Now please put your hands against the wall or I’ll have to put you in restraints until this is sorted out.”

Sean glanced at the cop for a moment before putting his hands on the wall and saying, “Okay, okay.”

The other officer said to the homeowner, “I’m Johnson, this is Officer Wickberg.”

Phil invited Officer Johnson inside. They went into the kitchen, while Tait dropped on the sofa in the living room, where he sat with head in hands.

After several minutes Phil returned to the living room with the police officer, who joined his partner at the door. “Put the cuffs on him, Don.”

At hearing this, Sean again struggled, but Officer Wickberg managed to put on the handcuffs.

The dark-haired Johnson explained to Sean he was being arrested because he had violated his bail conditions and a restraining order. They took Sean away.

 

After the police had gone, Phil went and sat with Tait, who was shaken but his green eyes held questions.

“Phil? A restraining order?”

“Yes, I had one put in place when you were in the hospital. I didn’t want Sean to have any access to you.” Phil put his arm around the other man’s shoulders. “Are you okay?”

Nodding, Tait leaned into Phil, who pulled the younger man tighter. Tait sighed and let his head fall onto Phil’s shoulder. Turning his head slightly Phil breathed in Tait’s crisp scent before kissing his forehead.

Sliding his right arm across Phil’s firm belly, Tait moved around and cuddled up, he needed the physical comfort and warmth. Sean’s appearance had shocked him.

Tait lifted his head and Phil allowed himself to gaze into the beautiful green eyes that stared up at him. Then suddenly Phil pushed away and stood abruptly. “I – I can’t Tait. I’m sorry. It’s my fault.”

“Phil?”

“Tait, I can’t do this. It’s why I could never tell you how I felt. Because you were never single. You’re not single now.” Phil paced across the living room. “I know it’s old fashioned. I know you’re not with Sean, but you are married.”

“Phil.” Tait went to his friend, took his hands and held them. “Will you just hug me?

“Yeah, sure.” Phil opened his arms and pulled Tait close. “Always.”

 

Sean O’Grady’s legal team had persuaded the judge that their client was not a flight risk, so he was placed under house arrest. He was allowed to go to court during his divorce proceedings. He would be escorted from his home and back by his lawyers. The judge had been clear; any further violations and O’Grady would be jailed immediately and no further arguments on his behalf would be entertained.

 

A few days after Sean’s visit, Tait went to House Amiello to see the new designs Leo had come up with during the last few months.

“They look good, Leo. What are you going to call the line?” Tait browsed through the sketches.

“Ah, something boring, my boy, how about Amiello for Men?”

“Oh, yeah original, Leo!” Tait and Leo laughed together.

A serious look came over Leo’s face and he suggested the two of them sit down. After they’d gotten comfortable, Tait asked, “So, why so serious?”

“Tait, you are a sweet man and I will always love you dearly,” Leo started. He took Tait’s hand. “But I must tell you something.”

“Okay, Leo, I feel like I did when you broke up with me.”

“No, but I don’t know how you’re feeling. I don’t think you have any designs on a future for us, Tait. I know this sounds, egotistical, but I wanted you to know that – well, there is someone in my life.”

Tait squeezed Leo’s hands, smiled and leaned forward to kiss the designer’s cheek. “Oh Leo, I am glad. Honestly. I hated thinking of you alone. So who is the lucky man?”

Leo hugged Tait, and then took him by the shoulders. “You must know first, you are special to me. I will always love you, yes?”

“Yes, Leo. I feel the same way.” Tait blinked back tears.

Leo pushed back Tait’s hair and touched the beryl earring. “Oh you still wear it sometimes? The gift I gave you so long ago?”

“Yes, Leo. I loved it then and still do.” Tait grinned. “Now tell me, who is this lucky man?”

“Ah, well, you’ll meet him. Steven. He’s going to be your photographer.”

“Oh. Okay. Does he know about us?”

Leo patted Tait’s right thigh. “Yes, my boy, he does. Others can see that you and I know each other on a special level, so I thought it best not to hide it.”

“No – true but we’re friends now Leo and I treasure that.”

The scuff of a shoe made them both turn. The man standing there in the doorway was about 5’-10”, blonde, his smile was broad and so was he. There was no fat on him – he was built like a linebacker. He put down the numerous bags he carried and walked to Tait and Leo with open arms.

Leo stepped into those arms and said, “Steven, my darling.”

Steven hugged Leo and kissed him soundly. It wasn’t a possessive kiss, it was simply love; it made Tait smile.

After he released Leo, Steven turned to Tait. He was smiling and the few lines around his bright blue eyes crinkled and he put out his right hand.

Tait immediately reached out and enjoyed the firm handshake.

“You must be Tait Adamsen. Leo has told me about you and I’ve seen some of your print work. The camera likes you.” Steven released Tait’s hand from his warm, firm grip. “Steven Berg; it’s good to meet you.”

“It’s good to meet you, Steven. I think it did like me a few years or so ago, it’s been awhile.”

“Well, if you’re up for it, we can do a couple of test shots now. Let you two get reacquainted.” Steven had opened one of several camera bags.

Leo, who had been quiet while watching the two people he loved most say hello, said, “Steven, this may not be the –”

Tait interrupted, “No Leo, it’s okay. I’m nervous and I’d rather take some. Work with Steven a few minutes now, if you don’t mind.”

“Nonsense, of course.” Leo walked to Steven and kissed him. “Look after him, Steven. I’ll be upstairs in my office. Come up when you’re done.”

 

Steven set up some lights quickly and put a simple wooden chair between them. Then he looked at his model. Tait was still handsome but the scar would be a challenge. Leo didn’t want to hide it.

‘But how can I use it?’ Steven found he was staring at the handsome man.

Tait looked up to find the photographer’s blue eyes watching him. “You’re wondering what to do with the scar.”

‘Damn.’ Steven smiled. “Sorry to be so obvious. I’m not going to lie; it’s going to jump out of the picture unless we do something with it, Tait. I’d like to take some shots of you without make-up. It will give us an idea what we want to do with it. You okay with that?”

Tait nodded. His stomach was in knots. He’d always been nervous before a shoot and though today was casual, he found he still was.

 

After an hour of pacing his office, Leo went downstairs. He’d thought Steven and Tait would only be thirty minutes or so, and he was curious as to what was going on. So he crept downstairs to the in-house studio and heard laughter and conversation.

“Okay, Tait, everything is digital now, so we can see these test shots immediately if you’re up for it,” Steven was saying as Leo walked in.

“Oh, God, yes I guess we have to,” Tait replied, but he was laughing.

Steven knelt and hooked up the camera to a monitor. “Just a quick look, but honestly, the camera is still your friend. You did a great job.”

Leo stuck his head around the door. “May I join you?”

Steven was on his feet immediately. “Leo, yes! Come in and we’ll look at these together.”

Leo took Tait’s hand. “How do you feel? Are you all right?”

“I was so nervous, but Steven knows what he’s doing. It felt good after the first few minutes; like I’d never been away.” Tait squeezed Leo’s hand.

“Good! Just as I’d hoped.” Leo rubbed his hands together. “So, let’s see our new hot every-man.”

“Here we go,” Steven said as the first shots appeared on the monitor. They weren’t perfect, the lighting was off and makeup was needed, but they were good.

After Steven turned off the equipment, he turned to Tait and Leo. “So? What do you think?”

Leo smiled and said, “They are wonderful, my love. Tait looks good, like he always did.”

Steven rested against the corner of a table. “So, let’s get it out there – the scar. It’s not the big issue I thought it would be. Tait, what do you think?”

Tait smiled at the other two men. “No, I thought it would be the only thing I’d see, but well, it wasn’t.”

“No.” Leo agreed. “I think a bit of make-up, but I don’t want to hide it, nor do I want it to be the star. I want people to see a real person in you, Tait. I think it will make you more relatable and I think women, and men, will want their men in the clothes you wear.”

“So, when do we start?” Tait asked.

Leo smiled. “There will be a dozen pieces ready early next week. We’ll have you in to model them and if all is okay, we’ll start the run. Then you and Steven will have work to do.”

Steven and Tait smiled at each other.

Leo was pleased; he’d wanted them to get along, like each other. “Now! I am taking both of my favorite men out to lunch to celebrate today, and a wonderful future!”

<<>*<>>

 

Joe Parsons met Philip and Tait at the courtroom, for the divorce proceedings for Adamsen vs O’Grady.

The judge had been less than happy with Sean’s frequent outbursts and when they finished for that day, said he had all the information he needed and his judgement would made, likely the following week. He had the bailiffs pick up the few items that Tait had requested be part of the settlement; the paintings were to be collected this afternoon by a sheriff escort and kept in safekeeping until the final determinations were made. Judge Danaher required proof from Sean’s lawyer that the house was listed for sale within the next three days.

Tait, Philip and Dr. Appel remained seated while Sean’s lawyer pulled his difficult client from the room.

“Sean, please. You’re not helping yourself. This is a court order, if you didn’t want to sell the house, I told you you needed to buy Adamsen out. If that’s what you want, I need to inform the judge and I need to prove you can afford it ….”

The three listened to Sean’s embattled lawyer try to counsel his client while they left the room and walked down the hall.

Parson’s shook his head, and glanced at his client. “Wow, that man is something else.”

Tait touched his scar absently. “Yeah he is.”

“You’ll get what you want, Tait, don’t worry. The bailiffs will pick up the paintings before Sean is let back in the house, and collect the other things you asked for. Hopefully soon, you’ll be divorced and the decree signed. You’ll be free of him.”

“Can’t be soon enough for me,” Philip said, and all eyes turned to him. “Well, I mean … I mean. Fuck it, I mean Sean O’Grady has been a pain in my side since I had him sign that contract, and I want him out of my life, but mostly, Tait, I want him out of yours.”

Tait smiled and leaned against Phil’s shoulder. “Me too. God, me too.”

<<>*<>>

 

The criminal case of attempted murder started just after the divorce proceedings ended. Attempted murder was the charge, because there was no real proof Sean had planned to try and kill Tait.

As this had been his first felony in California, and Sean had been found guilty on this occasion, he was sentenced to prison for a period of seven years. However, the Immigration and Naturalization Service had revoked Sean’s green card, as he was now divorced on charges of spousal abuse, and was facing felony charges. After his sentence was served, he would be deported and barred from reentry to the U.S.

When the bailiffs moved to take Sean away, he caught Tait’s eye and blew his ex-husband a kiss. Tait recoiled. Phil pulled Tait close and whispered, “Don’t look.”

 

It was about a month later and Phil found Tait out by the pool, sitting in the sun reading.

“Tait, this was delivered just now.”

Squinting, Tait shaded his eyes with his left hand. “What is it, Phil?”

“Open it.”

Tait took the manila envelope and tore it open carefully. He pulled out the thick creamy colored documents and opened them. He blinked and sighed before saying, “It’s done, Phil. It’s over.” He handed the papers to Philip.

Phil sat on the lounger at Tait’s feet and looked over the papers. “Yep, you’re divorced – a free man. You want some time alone?”

Tait met Phil’s concerned brown eyes, and smiled broadly. “No! No, I don’t want to be alone. I want a bottle of champagne! I want to be happy and a little drunk.”

“I think we can manage that!” Phil laughed with his friend, and then quickly gathered him into his arms as the tears started.

Tait sobbed onto Phil’s t-shirt and held onto him. “I’m happy, I don’t know why the fuck I’m crying.”

Phil just smiled and held on, and they rocked together. Phil just rubbed Tait’s back and whispered everything would be okay. The tears slowly stopped and Tait stared up into Phil’s eyes, who gazed back. It was right, now. It was okay and Phil gently pushed Tait away. Then he placed both hands on Tait’s cheeks and kissed him.

It was the kiss he’d dreamed of since he’d first met Tait, and he didn’t want it to end. He wanted to melt into this man, hold him, love him, and make love to him. ‘Not yet though, Phil; but soon.’

They broke apart when they heard voices at the side of the house. “Hello? Anyone home?”

Tait groaned and pushed on his hard dick. He whispered to Phil, “Look what you did!”

Phil just grinned and got up to see who had arrived.

After a few minutes, Phil returned to the poolside. “Tait, come with me. Your paintings are here.”

Tait got up and followed Phil into the house. There were several boxes and then against the wall were four wrapped paintings.

“Wow, I never thought I’d see them here.” Tait knelt and ripped brown paper off.

There they were, beautiful and whole. The paintings depicted a large picture window, and through it you could see the same scene of trees and mountains in each of the four seasons. Tait was in each one, dressed in jeans, shirtless, in different poses but always with his face away from the observer as he gazed out the window.

“I guess I’ll have to have them stored,” Tait said as he admired Winter.

Phil handed back Spring. “I’ve always liked these, Tait. Why do you want to get them stored? Hang them and enjoy them.”

“Well, until I get my own place –”

Phil interrupted. “You’re moving out?”

“Well, you must want your privacy again.”

“Tait, I don’t want privacy. I want you – here, with me.” Phil took Tait’s hand. “I do not want to lose you. I love you.”

Tait leaned against the man whose arms now circled him. “I don’t want to go – I love you, too.”

Phil let his hands run through Tait’s hair, pulled him close and whispered in Tait’s ear. “Then don’t.”

 

 

Epilogue

“Tait … here’s your tea.”

I had heard those words every Sunday morning for the past year. I needed to hear them. They were my reassurance; they grounded me and reminded me I was safe.

Philip put the tea on the bedside table and sat down beside me. He leaned over and kissed my cheek. “You gonna wake up, sleepy head?”

I stole a glance at him – I loved his profile, classic, chiseled, nose twisted from being broken, and soft generous lips. Philip’s dark hair, still uncombed had been pushed straight back off his face. He turned his head and smiled as I quickly closed my eyes. He laughed, “I saw that.”

“Lost my touch, I guess.” I rolled onto my back, stretching. I pulled myself up and picked up the white mug of hot, milky tea. I sipped, and watched Philip glance at my scar. You’d think he wouldn’t see it anymore, but he does.

Philip saw me and looked away. “Sorry.”

“Hey … it’s okay, babe.”

“I don’t care about the scar. It’s you; I worry about you.” He pushed his right hand through his hair. Philip smiled at me and took me into his arms. Replacing the mug, my arms snaked around him and I held on for dear life. This man saved me, nursed me and loves me. I’d never have made it through the last couple of years without him. His body feels wonderful as we embrace, hard but yielding; I closed my eyes and inhaled the scent of him, so familiar.

“I’m okay,” I mumbled into his shoulder.

“You going to therapy tomorrow?”

“Yes, Dr. Appel is a bit concerned with me missing so many appointments.”

Philip untangled himself and held me at arm’s length. “I’ll drive you in; I’ve got a couple of errands to do. We could have lunch out if you want.”

I guess I took too long to reply because Philip looked disappointed. “T, I’m not checking up. I do have to go into the city.”

“Phil, I know.” I smiled at him and took his hand. “Sorry, it’s almost the anniversary. I’m trying not to think about it, but I don’t know how to keep it out of my head.”

“You have to fight it. Sean’s out of your life for almost a year now. He’s in prison. You survived and won. You’re healing. You have me, and Leo and Steven. There’s our friends and family as well.”

I nodded, feeling Philip’s hand in mine. He was right; I had to learn to forget about Sean O’Grady and what had happened.

Phil stood beside the bed. “Now you need to get up, the limo will be here soon.”

I looked up at my sexy man. “Limo? What limo? Where are we going?”

“Leo and Steven are having their engagement party this afternoon, remember.”

I did remember. It had taken me ages to find just the right gift.

Phil roughed up my hair. “Leo said that if we got there on time – meaning not Tait time – then we could make it a double celebration.”

Huh? “What, did you say?”

Phil’s eyes got big and round. “No clue, now get up.”

His innocent act didn’t fool me, but I decided to ignore it. I got up and hugged Phil tightly before I headed to the shower. As I walked away, I turned around and smiled at him. “Yes, by the way. I will.”

Through the closed door, I heard. “I haven’t asked you yet!”

I stared in the mirror, and smiled. ‘No, but you will.’

 

C’est fini

AC, again, thank you for all of your suggestions, patience and hard work. I could not have written this without your help.
Thanks to all of you who read Tait's story and who liked and reviewed it. I appreciate it very much.
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Ahh, what a relief. I'm glad the drama with Sean was realistic and the decision of the courts rational in both cases. I can't help hoping Sean has a hard time in prison, but knowing the man he will be a top dog soon enough. But his reputation will be gone and hopefully being sent back to Ireland will help too. I'm going to imagine lots of 'bad press' - for once the gossip media can be useful.
Tait still has work to do, and that's believable too, but he has Phill by his side. I'm going to trust they will be OK. They will never take their love and their life together for granted, but I think their relationship will last forever.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

That was a great ending to Tait's story. And Phil's too I guess. :) They can go on with their lives and build something new and better from here on. I hope they get their double celebration. LOL
Funny thing: I actually have a Stephen Berg in my Thaw sequal...
Also, I would think Sean is up on attempted murder since Tait didn't die (thank god). If there was lack of proof of intent, he would be up on severe assault charges or similar (not sure the correct legal US/Californian term...). At least, this would be the case in Sweden, so the lawyer in me went 'Hmmm...' Maybe some fellow GA fluent in US legaleeze knows this?

  • Like 2
Link to comment

That was a great ending, tim! I love that Tait actually stood up to Sean... asking him to leave, repeatedly. It was a great start to getting his power back, and Sean can't hurt him physically any more since he's in prison and will be deported as soon as he's been released. Now he has his job, friends, his painting and Phil, who might soon be his husband? I think his life is coming back together in ways he never hoped were possible when this first happened.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

What a solid ending to an intriguing tale! You wrapped up all the loose ends nicely, and (thankfully) gave us a glimpse of the happy ever after we all crave. Sure, there's work ahead for Tait and Phil, but it's the kind of work you know they both enjoy. Hell, I hate to see these characters go!
Congratulations on the satisfying telling of a story with a full range of emotions, characters we love, and a plot line that works now (and maybe in the future? ;))
Well done, my friend--well done!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I like seeing the tenor of these reviews, for they match my feelings pretty well. You have done a great job in developing characters over the course of a substantial story, and it all comes together brilliantly.

 

As far as Puppilull's comments, when I first got your chapter, I too paused at the 'attempted murder' charge, but then remembered the higher charge would be 'attempted murder in the first degree.' The added element would be malice aforethought, meaning that Sean had plotted and schemed to kill his husband, which I suppose would be hard to prove in court. The 'attempted murder' charge maintains that O'Grady intended to kill Tait in the heat of the moment. The lesser charge of 'manslaughter' is not appropriate here, as Tait did not die, and Sean's actions were not accidental.

 

I'm no legal expert, so if anyone has nuance to add, please do.

 

Thanks Tim for a wonderfully successful book. I hope you'll continue on with more complex works like this one.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Hey tim
A lot has been said about the Tait, Phil and Sean by the reviewers before me so I won't repeat their words. I will say I enjoyed this story very much and am sad to see it end - just when Tait and Phil are getting together. You have left us with the knowledge that all is going to right with their world so, I guess that will have to do.
Two points I would like to mention. First, I realize Phil could not have guaranteed the timing, but I did appreciate how Phil herded Sean toward the door just as the police were arriving. Happenstance or by design? Or a little bit of both, perhaps? :D
Second, thank you for giving Leo an HEA as well. Leo is one of Tait's rocks so being a happy rock can only make his life, and Tait's by extension, better. Not to mention that Steven has become a good and true friend to Tait. Shows just how wrong Sean was about Tait's value as a person.
As always, nicely done.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Very nice tim!

 

A fitting ending in every sense. Tait has gained strength and confidence but still has demons. Philip has been his knight in shining armor but will now become his knight in shimmering amour.

 

Such an enjoyable story from start to finish. Each chapter having meaning!
Thank you for this!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Oh, very, very lovely. "I haven't asked you yet!" I thou up this ending was perfect. Glad for Tait and Phil, that they can be one another's now. You crafted a wonderful epilogue to an exciting and compelling story. Was afraid for what Sean would do to Tait when he appeared. Glad the cavalry in the form of Phil and the officers appeared in time. Thanks so much for this wonderful tale.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

As has already been said, you pulled all the bits together in a satisfying end. Though I admit I wanted just a bit more of Tait's story but that's purely selfish. The remaining chapters are for he and Phil to write in a life to which we are not privy.
This was a well conceived and executed tale. Congrats.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Wonderful story and a wonderful end, tim. You tied all the ends up beautifully. It wasn't easy, but with Phil's help, Tait was ready to take on Sean. I really liked that he stood up to him. Phil was smart to wait too... not just because Tait was married, but because he was still in a vulnerable place. Now they share a life and that is a beautiful thing. I love the way you showed Tait's self confidence at the very end. Well done, buddy... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/24/2016 05:35 PM, Timothy M. said:

Ahh, what a relief. I'm glad the drama with Sean was realistic and the decision of the courts rational in both cases. I can't help hoping Sean has a hard time in prison, but knowing the man he will be a top dog soon enough. But his reputation will be gone and hopefully being sent back to Ireland will help too. I'm going to imagine lots of 'bad press' - for once the gossip media can be useful.

Tait still has work to do, and that's believable too, but he has Phill by his side. I'm going to trust they will be OK. They will never take their love and their life together for granted, but I think their relationship will last forever.

Thank's Tim. I think that Sean will have lots of problems, but I didnt want go there because I think Phil and Tait wouldn't be. And I think you're right, these two have lots of things to do. But I think they'll do them together, as loving partners.

Tim thank you so much for supporting this story. I appreciate it very much.

 

tim xox

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great ending tim... Figured Sean would have tried something, but it gave Tait the opportunity to stand up to him. How awesome for Tait. Good for Philip too, having the forethought to call the cops who arrived right on time.

 

I love knowing that Tait and Philip will be together. Two happy endings in a very well crafted story. What more could we ask for. What I loved most was how believable these characters were. It made their story even more compelling.
Also, the ending lines were just perfect...*sigh* loved it.

 

Thank you for bringing this to us tim!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/24/2016 06:22 PM, Puppilull said:

That was a great ending to Tait's story. And Phil's too I guess. :) They can go on with their lives and build something new and better from here on. I hope they get their double celebration. LOL

Funny thing: I actually have a Stephen Berg in my Thaw sequal...

Also, I would think Sean is up on attempted murder since Tait didn't die (thank god). If there was lack of proof of intent, he would be up on severe assault charges or similar (not sure the correct legal US/Californian term...). At least, this would be the case in Sweden, so the lawyer in me went 'Hmmm...' Maybe some fellow GA fluent in US legaleeze knows this?

Thank you Puppilull, for reading this whole story. I appreciate your insightful comments. The legal stuff I researched as well as I could and that was supported hugely by AC. Hopefully I got it right. They'll have a double celebration if Tait is on time!

 

Oh, that is funny. You have a Steven Berg as well. I knew I'd have a lover for Leo, but he didn't have a name until I actually wrote him. I'll look forward to reading about your Steven!

 

Thank you again for your support. It means a lot.

 

tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/24/2016 10:44 PM, LitLover said:

That was a great ending, tim! I love that Tait actually stood up to Sean... asking him to leave, repeatedly. It was a great start to getting his power back, and Sean can't hurt him physically any more since he's in prison and will be deported as soon as he's been released. Now he has his job, friends, his painting and Phil, who might soon be his husband? I think his life is coming back together in ways he never hoped were possible when this first happened.

You know when I read your review, I see things I haven't. Though different on many levels, this is my story too. The losing everything, getting healthy, rebuilding, I went through all that too. I never thought of it until just now.

 

Thank you for your insight, support and understanding of Tait and his life. I'm pretty sure they will live happily ever after.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/24/2016 11:57 PM, Robert Rex said:

What a solid ending to an intriguing tale! You wrapped up all the loose ends nicely, and (thankfully) gave us a glimpse of the happy ever after we all crave. Sure, there's work ahead for Tait and Phil, but it's the kind of work you know they both enjoy. Hell, I hate to see these characters go!

Congratulations on the satisfying telling of a story with a full range of emotions, characters we love, and a plot line that works now (and maybe in the future? ;))

Well done, my friend--well done!

Rex, thank you for your support. I'm so happy to know that this story worked, the end especially worked. I hate poor endings, they are frustrating. I'm glad you liked Tait and Phil. I wanted to show their feelings and the growth of them as a couple.

 

I appreciate your reading this from start to finish.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 02:54 AM, AC Benus said:

I like seeing the tenor of these reviews, for they match my feelings pretty well. You have done a great job in developing characters over the course of a substantial story, and it all comes together brilliantly.

 

As far as Puppilull's comments, when I first got your chapter, I too paused at the 'attempted murder' charge, but then remembered the higher charge would be 'attempted murder in the first degree.' The added element would be malice aforethought, meaning that Sean had plotted and schemed to kill his husband, which I suppose would be hard to prove in court. The 'attempted murder' charge maintains that O'Grady intended to kill Tait in the heat of the moment. The lesser charge of 'manslaughter' is not appropriate here, as Tait did not die, and Sean's actions were not accidental.

 

I'm no legal expert, so if anyone has nuance to add, please do.

 

Thanks Tim for a wonderfully successful book. I hope you'll continue on with more complex works like this one.

AC, your input, suggestions, editing and your all around support, are invaluable and I'm not sure this would have been written without you. You have offered nothing but nonstop support and I can't tell you just how much that means.

 

Thank you, AC.

 

tim xoxxo

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great ending - would have been good if someone kicked Sean in the :X but then I supposed they would have gotten into trouble.

 

I hope you revisit this couple in some shorts, it would be good to see them again. Maybe a wedding??? Or the launch of the new line???

 

Wonderful Story and can't wait to see what you come up with next.

 

:hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 03:10 AM, Reader1810 said:

Hey tim

A lot has been said about the Tait, Phil and Sean by the reviewers before me so I won't repeat their words. I will say I enjoyed this story very much and am sad to see it end - just when Tait and Phil are getting together. You have left us with the knowledge that all is going to right with their world so, I guess that will have to do.

Two points I would like to mention. First, I realize Phil could not have guaranteed the timing, but I did appreciate how Phil herded Sean toward the door just as the police were arriving. Happenstance or by design? Or a little bit of both, perhaps? :D

Second, thank you for giving Leo an HEA as well. Leo is one of Tait's rocks so being a happy rock can only make his life, and Tait's by extension, better. Not to mention that Steven has become a good and true friend to Tait. Shows just how wrong Sean was about Tait's value as a person.

As always, nicely done.

Hi Reader, you know I considered writing more about Tait and Phil, but I dont know, sometimes I think you can know too much about fictional characters and really everyday life isn't all that interesting to write or read about. Sean was the reason this was interesting.. Phil and Tait at home....mmm not so much.

I'm glad you liked Leo, he became a hero from his original role of villan. I liked him a lot.

Reader, I appreciate your support of me and my writing. Thank you very much.

 

tim xxoxo

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hey Tim! It is a wonderful conclusion to the story. I loved Phil and I'm glad they ended up together. The whole story was wonderfully crafted and so very touching.
Bravo my friend!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 03:14 AM, skinnydragon said:

Very nice tim!

 

A fitting ending in every sense. Tait has gained strength and confidence but still has demons. Philip has been his knight in shining armor but will now become his knight in shimmering amour.

 

Such an enjoyable story from start to finish. Each chapter having meaning!

Thank you for this!

Thank you skinnyd!! I really appreciate you reading this. Phil has been a good friend and I think they'll stay that way.

 

Thank you so much for your support of this story...

 

tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Good story. Too bad it was this short. I would have loved to have read more about his struggle to regain his sanity. It must have been a very hard path.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 04:43 AM, Parker Owens said:

Oh, very, very lovely. "I haven't asked you yet!" I thou up this ending was perfect. Glad for Tait and Phil, that they can be one another's now. You crafted a wonderful epilogue to an exciting and compelling story. Was afraid for what Sean would do to Tait when he appeared. Glad the cavalry in the form of Phil and the officers appeared in time. Thanks so much for this wonderful tale.

Thank you Parker. I'm glad this ending worked for you. Thanks for your support of this and of me.. I appreciate it!

 

tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 04:47 AM, dughlas said:

As has already been said, you pulled all the bits together in a satisfying end. Though I admit I wanted just a bit more of Tait's story but that's purely selfish. The remaining chapters are for he and Phil to write in a life to which we are not privy.

This was a well conceived and executed tale. Congrats.

Oh dugh! I did think about writing more .. their marriage.. but there was no reason and no conflict. Best to leave them knowing they are happy and on their way.

 

Thanks dugh for your support of me and of this story. I appreciate it very much.

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 05:47 AM, Headstall said:

Wonderful story and a wonderful end, tim. You tied all the ends up beautifully. It wasn't easy, but with Phil's help, Tait was ready to take on Sean. I really liked that he stood up to him. Phil was smart to wait too... not just because Tait was married, but because he was still in a vulnerable place. Now they share a life and that is a beautiful thing. I love the way you showed Tait's self confidence at the very end. Well done, buddy... cheers... Gary....

Thanks Gary. I appreciate your support of this story and of my writing in general. I'm glad you enjoyed this and were happy with the end. To me it was the best way to end this.

 

Thanks again. tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 07:32 AM, Defiance19 said:

Great ending tim... Figured Sean would have tried something, but it gave Tait the opportunity to stand up to him. How awesome for Tait. Good for Philip too, having the forethought to call the cops who arrived right on time.

 

I love knowing that Tait and Philip will be together. Two happy endings in a very well crafted story. What more could we ask for. What I loved most was how believable these characters were. It made their story even more compelling.

Also, the ending lines were just perfect...*sigh* loved it.

 

Thank you for bringing this to us tim!

Def! Thanks for reading all of this and for your friendship and support. I'm glad you liked the end and found the characters believable. AC had to send me back a few times saying: TOO SOAPY!! I did not want a soap opera. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed the last lines. Thanks again...

 

tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..